Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

I had a really nice stay with my four friends :) We liked the bar and hangout area downstairs and also that we had Wifi in the bedroom. The breakfast was well priced.

Everything you'd expect from a hostel. Lots going on, good common areas and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only let down is its location as it's quite a hike from the centre or a metro ride away. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay. Easy to see why it's one of the best rated hostels in Vienna!

A great place to stay in Vienna very good atmosphere very good hostel and highly recommended one of the best i have stayed in. The staff was incredible helpful and friendly and really wanted you to have a great time. The hostel bar is the place to be. Definitely recommend this place

• 17th Dec 2015
  • chris1310
  • Israel

I stayed at this hostel 3 years ago and picked it again because I remembered liking it- what a surpride when it was even better than I remembered. They've really thought of everything here and I can now include it on my list of favoutite hostels.

Nice bar, kitchen well equipped, friendly staff and clean environment. 30 minute walk from city centre wasn't a big deal as the neighbourhood felt safe to walk in even at night.

The staff were incredibly helpful in giving advice about what to do in Vienna, directions etc. The hostel in general also had a good atmosphere, with plenty of places to meet other travellers.

Brilliant warm, friendly hostel, with enough of a buzzing atmosphere in the communal areas even in December, yet clean, comfortable, and quiet dorms. Just about perfect!

Really nice hostel with a great atmosphere. I went on my own and the staff was incredible helpful and considerate. Beautiful hostel inside :)

Very good hostel, both in terms of how it's build and how it is run. Only drawback could be the location; 20 to 25 mins walk on pedestrian street to the centre (or a close-by ubahn zips you to the destination). Definetely stay again, very good establishment, cosy atmoshpere. Reccomended.

Thanks so much for this awesome review! I have to tell you, though, I think our location is pretty great. Not only can you 'zip' anywhere on the metro, we're also right around the corner from the Mariahilferstrasse (the 'pedestrian street'), a major Viennese social hub and really an attraction in its own right. Plus, there are lots of little secret spots tucked away in our neighborhood - for instance the Guesthouse Quell, serving amazing (and cheap!) Viennese cooking for 100+years now... :)

Everything was really lovely

• 11th Dec 2015

It was all awesome to the moment when 3 of our 4 roommates snored :D

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Slovenia

Eek, snoring roommates! There are a lot of great things about staying in the dorms - but snorers are definitely NOT one of them ;). If you ever again find yourself in a room full of noisy sleepers, just come see us at reception - we're always happy to give out free earplugs to those in need! Thanks for your review, and all the best!

This hostel is awesome! The staff are very friendly and give great recommendations. The facilities are nice and the atmosphere is great especially for a solo traveler. Overall I had a great experience here!

Overall a great place to stay in vienna. Particular kudos to Matt (the bartender). Had a lot of fun chatting with him and hearing about his travel experiences.

• 10th Dec 2015

A great hostel! The staff were soo friendly and really wanted you to have a great time. I had about a million questions and they answered them all! Free apple tea was amazing, wish I had more. Great hostel vibe. Good for the solo traveler or group.

Average hostel, no complain but not impressive too..

Great staff, great bar, great kitchen and laundry. Met some really interesting people. The only thing missing is lockers. Otherwise it's fantastic. More of a place to chill than to have a party.

Awesome stay here! Good atmosphere in the bar, helpful staff and clean comfortable rooms. Just a short tram ride to the city centre and a short walk to the castle. I would definitely stay here again.

Great place to stay, I highly recommend! The staff members are so helpful and the beds are clean and comfortable! Not too far of a walk to the city center, but not to close either. I'd stay here again if I come back to Vienna!

• 7th Dec 2015

€50 euro fee for a lost key is, though I understand it is a deterrent, very excessive. There's no way it costs €50 to replace the key. I would have felt comfortable with either a more reasonable fee or a deposit (as is done in most hostels). I should add, I did not loose my key, this is just something which made me a little uneasy. The other thing that would be an improvement would be adding ladders to the bunk beds. Other than this everything was excellent. Really liked the free tea!

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Hi there, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place! As for the key deposit - security is a top priority around here, and we've chosen to invest in a system that keeps our house as secure as possible - believe it or not, each room key does indeed cost €50. The deposit only covers our expenses if a key does go missing. This rarely happens, though - most guests just leave their key safely at reception (open 24hrs). Thanks so much for the review - come sip some hot apple tea with us anytime!

very good hostel and highly recommended one of the best i have stayed in, about 5 min walking from Westbanhof train station the only problem that its far from city center but you could take metro which is 5 min walking or 1 tram station