Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Would recommend staying here. The hostel was clean, safe, and near the main train station. My friends and I stayed in a private bedroom with no ensuite bathroom, but we had no issues with the shared facilities. Everything was kept clean.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

The staff is so cordial and friendly. They are truly willing to help you with anything and give great advice. The location is perfect, just far enough away from the noisy streets for peaceful sleep but close enough to be in the hustle and bustle. I found this hostel to be very very clean! I did not feel grossed out at all. Very good value for what it's worth. Overall, the staff really makes your stay and they were AMAZING!

THANKS - reviews like this make our day!!! Come back and visit us again sometime!

Great hostel with a good vibe. Staff is always smiling and helpful. Nice little courtyard. Common space is welcoming. Would highly suggest this one.

The staff was very friendly and answered many of our questions about how to get around Vienna. Rooms were small but clean and quiet. We enjoyed our stay!

Nothing really stood out for me about this place, just somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. There wasn't much interaction between the travellers - organized activities would a nice way to meet people, especially when travelling alone. The room I stayed in was off the balcony - a bit strange. There was a shower in the room but had a queue in the morning which I didn't like. There were other showers by reception, but who wants to have to walk outside in their pajamas to get there?!

I really loved this hostel! I thought the location was great, as it only took about 10 min to get to the city center with the metro and close proximity to Schönbrunn. The hostel itself was very clean and welcoming. Lots of places to sit and relax and a good atmosphere to meet new people. Thanks to their chalkboard in the lobby I learned about an event happening during my stay, Lange Nacht der Museen. Truly a night to remember, probably my favorite thing I did in Vienna!

Yeah, the Long Night of Museums is really an amazing thing - for one night per year, all of Vienna's museums open their doors until the wee hours, and with a single ticket you can visit everywhere, from Vienna's grand old institutions to funky contemporary exhibits to teeny tiny special interest places like the Schnapps Museum (recommended for hard liquer enthusiasts :), free transport included. We're so glad you made it! Thanks for your fantastic review, and do come again!

I wish you had an area where I can prepare my breakfast before 7am... Fortunately one of the guys of the staff help me by retrieving my food from the fridge and lend me a cup..

We do keep the kitchen closed overnight - We would LOVE to let everyone cook whenever they like, but the problem is that the kitchen is right next to a dormitory, and we also want our guests to be able to sleep undisturbed. However, we're always happy to let early-birds in to quietly prepare something! Thanks for your review, and happy travelling!

Fantastic hostel. Location maybe not central but close to station and metro. The bar in the evening was a great place to mingle and meet new people. Felt extremely safe with my belongings and would definitely consider staying again if I was back in Wien!!

This hostel was a great choice. I loved that they gave such precise directions. It was so easy to find! The staff was the most helpful and friendly of any hostel I've stayed at. It's not too far from the sights; I walked into town the entire duration of my stay. (I also rented a bike, sure easy and nice) The room was quiet, which I liked, but they have a great bar area. Wifi pretty good in all areas-including the room. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Vienna!!

helpful staffs and excellent location. recommended to other traveler.

Best hostel I've stayed in... So friendly and helpful. The free lockers are amazingly wonderful and the staff wants to do everything they can to help. Thank you!!

• 29th Sep 2014

:) you're welcome!!! Thanks for reviewing us, and do come again!

Fantastic stay at the hostel! Nice and helpful crew. Thanks

You're very welcome! Thanks for your review!!!

This hostel was awesome. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. The staff was amazing and the common room/bar was a great atmosphere. The location is also really handy. Loved it here!

All the staff are nice and helpful except one idiot addict who is in the night shift . He is moody and weird .

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at- super clean, great staff, lively atmosphere. We had booked a shared bathroom but were upgraded on arrival to an en-suite. Good location close to Westbahnhof train station, 15-20 min walk to the centre. Thanks for everything :)

Our pleasure - thanks for visiting us, and for the lovely review! We hope to see you here again sometime!!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very comfortable, safe, clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's has a good common room with bar. Excellent kitchen and laundry facilities. I would definitely go back!

Thanks so much for this lovely review - we'll look forward to your next visit!!!

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. I would definitely recommend it!

• 26th Sep 2014

Very good hostel, great atmosphere

Very nice hostel with good atmosphere and big rooms. That staff was very nice and helpful and I loved the happy hour.

The prototypical "A" hostel right here. Everything about this hostel is right. The rooms are spacious, the beds are sufficient, and the common area is fun (cheap drinks at their own bar, piano/guitar, chess, games, sofas...you can spend a night here). It's just all very nice. The location wasn't superb, but Vienna trains are super convenient and there's plenty of stuff in the hostels area as well. The staff was decent. The bar within the hostel is the biggest sell...nice austrian beers.