Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great Hostel! Staff were friendly and helpful. The place was clean and organized.

Ideally located, spacious rooms with showers and toilets. Kitchen for guests to use , outdoor BBQ plus outdoor terrace area, guitars and pianos for guest to use, great small bar within the hostel for guests to relax over a drink and share their experiences with other travellers. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Only negative being the breakfast was pathetic.

Great Hostel! Staff was great and really close to Metro right into city cente. Woukd definitely recommend!

Lovely hostel! Great facilities, has everything you need. Only thing I found was people weren't there to meet people, if you are a solo traveller it's a great place to unwind but not really too meet a lot of new people, other then that I enjoyed my stay and the staff was great!

Cool place and staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good too.

This was probably the best hostel that I ever been to. Very clean environment and friendly staff. Centrally located at one of the largest U-Bahn station in Vienna (Westbahnhof), it makes travel relatively easy.

Wow, thank you! We love phrases like 'the best' :). Come back and visit us again sometime - until then, happy travelling!

Very nice hostel. Friendly helpful staff. Location was okay, but of a walk to the things I wanted to see (freuds museum and art gallery) but other than that it was good. Clean, a few guitars and a beautiful piano. Recommend for sure!

Thanks, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place! The Sigmund Freud Museum is unfortunately a bit of a walk from everything, with the closest metro station a number of blocks away - but I guess Herr Freud probably wasn't thinking about international tourists when he chose the location for his practice ;). We really appreciate your recommendation, and hope to see you here again sometime!

Great place. I would stay there again.

This is a great hostel, friendly vibe and great facilities. Everything you need in a hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful even when they were really busy. Piano is a nice touch and the kitchen was great (although didn't have an oven) Highly recommended and I'll stay here again

Location was good, easy to find with a lot of supermarkets nearby. Clean place Atmosphere was laid back, however people just come in and out without talking much, so not a party hostel

Hmmm, I agree that we're not a party hostel - you're much more likely to get a cup of warm tea at check-in than a voucher for a Tequila shot ;). But nevertheless our place is great for meeting people, with a full bar most nights, regular jam-sessions in the common room (encouraged by the musical instruments hanging around), folks cooking up a storm in the communal kitchen, etc. Come back & see us again sometime, we'll see to it that you get settled in properly!

I really struggle to see why this hostel gets such rave reviews. Very basic, located in a grungy area by the train station, and the staff was polite but in a stay-behind-the-counter kind of way. The lockers lack power outlets. Room doors can easily be left unlocked when leaving, and others in my dorm told stories of thefts.

Your ‘stories’ comment led us to uncover two unreported thefts. THANK YOU for alerting us- thefts are extremely uncommon, but do require immediate attention- we’ve now changed all locks in your dorm&given the room’s security a general overhaul. Your other complaints surprised us - we’re extremely proud of our international&dedicated staff, as well as our location(just around the corner from Vienna’s most popular shopping ave)- but we're all entitled to our opinion ;). All the best!

It provides everything you'd expect in a hostel. The only negative (and this is more about Vienna and not really the hostel) is there aren't any free tours. In general, Vienna just isn't that fun. If you find yourself in Vienna, then this is a solid place to stay.

It's true, there are no free tours in Vienna - but I fail to see how that equates to the city being no fun! Come back sometime and we'll fill you in on all the awesome stuff there is to do here, from great & inexpensive tours to fantastic sites & world class museums to all the secret local hideouts clubs etc that you won't find in the guidebooks. Thanks for the great review, and happy travelling!

Big hostel but still good bar area and places to meet people if you're solo. Great activity suggestions. Staff mostly awesome although one girl was anything but helpful. Breakfast was great. Lots of places to chill out and computer room handy. Located bit out but metro super easy.

This hostel is amazing. I had a great time from the minute I arrived until I left. Very very social - I met people in the bar area the first night and hung with them the entire time, adding a few people each night. Rooms and common areas extremely clean and comfortable - I had a private room and it was definitely worth the money. Nice garden areas, bar open till midnight, but you can get your own alcohol for afterwards. Location was good - very central and 20 min walk to anything big.

Thank you - this review really made me smile! Come back & make new friends at our bar anytime :).

Just what I needed at this point in my trip. It was a lovely social hostel. The staff here really have thought of everything.

Thank you! We do try :).

The hostel was clean and well run. Only issue was the walls are thin so you can hear the outside hall.

The hostel is well -managed, with well-maintained facilities and has friendly staff willing to assist any needs of guests. The room is small but the bathroom and toilet are big and spotlessly clean. The hostel has a homey feeling with its well-designed receiving area, an entertainment area with a piano and a dining area. Overall, the hotel is clean in a good location near tram station and establishments. The place deserves a return stay.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Great environment, great facilities, plenty of social opportunities e.g. happy hour @ their bar. Only complaint is that I had to walk far to see what I wanted to see (though I don't mind walking). Would recommend!

Thank you, we're really glad to hear that you liked our place! Next time you visit, keep in mind that there is a metro station just around the corner from our house, great for those moments when yr legs just say 'no' ;). All the best, and happy travelling!

great hostel. good atmosphere, and staff is very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Really nice hostel with a good vibe. Some serious theft from the fridge though which was disappointing but not the hostels fault!

Oh no - we HATE fridge thieves! Please hostel-goers, respect your fellow travellers and only take food from the FREE FOOD BOX (which we provide in each fridge to encourage sharing & cut down on waste). Thanks so much for this lovely review in spite of the food raid - we'll hope to see you around here again sometime!