Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great place to stay, I highly recommend! The staff members are so helpful and the beds are clean and comfortable! Not too far of a walk to the city center, but not to close either. I'd stay here again if I come back to Vienna!

• 7th Dec 2015

€50 euro fee for a lost key is, though I understand it is a deterrent, very excessive. There's no way it costs €50 to replace the key. I would have felt comfortable with either a more reasonable fee or a deposit (as is done in most hostels). I should add, I did not loose my key, this is just something which made me a little uneasy. The other thing that would be an improvement would be adding ladders to the bunk beds. Other than this everything was excellent. Really liked the free tea!

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Hi there, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place! As for the key deposit - security is a top priority around here, and we've chosen to invest in a system that keeps our house as secure as possible - believe it or not, each room key does indeed cost €50. The deposit only covers our expenses if a key does go missing. This rarely happens, though - most guests just leave their key safely at reception (open 24hrs). Thanks so much for the review - come sip some hot apple tea with us anytime!

very good hostel and highly recommended one of the best i have stayed in, about 5 min walking from Westbanhof train station the only problem that its far from city center but you could take metro which is 5 min walking or 1 tram station

Having a cheap breakfast, instruments for guests to play, and a happy hour! What more could you ask for?

• 6th Dec 2015

Let me see....Free WiFi that works in the rooms, great information at the reception, a beautiful garden, free homemade apple cinnamon tea during the day, location close to the metro but far from the noise, free maps, the best city tours on offer, a big guest kitchen with free leftovers, and some fresh organic herbs from the herb garden,... good that we have all that as well :) All the best!

the hostel is wonderful, the attendants are polite and attentive, speak several languages! quality of the place is amazing, recommend it!

one of the best hostels I've ever been.

Really grat Hostel, super friendly staff and perfect vibe! Excellent place for solo travellers!

This has been one of the nicest hostel stays I've experienced. The staff is so friendly, the hostel is only a short walk from the metro, it was very clean, great price, they offer a cheap but delicious breakfast, the wifi works even in the rooms, and there's a bar! The staff was also very helpful. They offer a lot of amenities and also tons of information about Vienna. I would definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Dec 2015

the best hostel i have ever stayed

Wow! Thank you very much - this is so good to hear. We wish you all the best on your trip and may you feel similar about other places you visit from now on:)

Great big rooms and nice lounge in the common area.

Hi! I am quite happy that you liked our common areas and the rooms as well! Thank you for rating us and we wish you a good trip!

Such a lovely hostel! Stay here if you visit Vienna! It's incredibly well set up for travelers and so much help and information is offered to you. I loved my stay

Great atmosphere. The staff wasn't easy to talk to and unhelpful but the hostel was comfortable and an easy walk to the metro

Hello dear traveller! We are really happy to hear that you liked our atmosphere and our location. If you would not have written about that I would worry that you may have mistaken us for another Hostel as our staff is usually really trying to be helpful and gets high ratings all of the time. If you want to tell us something particular that happened you can for example fill out our suggestion form on the website and be sure that we will try hard to improve! All the best on your trip! Stefan

It was brilliant, wish I had stayed for longer!

Awesome! Very close to the centre of Vienna (a 20min walk) and very good for getting around. Very friendly staff, and very clean!

The beds are surprisingly comfy for a bunk bed! I would like to have some sort of egg for breakfast. Scrambled or hard boiled.

• 28th Nov 2015

Your hostel is so amazing. The staff are super helpful and happy, the lady serving breakfast in the morning was so nice! The rooms are great, the facilities are fantastic, I wish I didn't have to leave! Great atmosphere, great set up, great bar. Thanks for the best hostel I've stayed at ever (I travel a lot!) it was fabulous!

A lovely atmosphere, very social and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable and slept like a baby.

people in the same room are group that they know each other b4, not too eager to meet new fds, but then I found so many people speaking in English in common area which is great!

We're glad to hear that in the end you had a good time here - getting to know new folks is what hostelling is all about, after all! Sorry about the anti-social roommates - and good on you for venturing out to the common area, where there's always something up! Thanks for the review, and happy travelling!

Ruthensteiner is a great hostel for those travellers that have been on the road for a while and or have spent too many days in party hostels. The warm and rustic bavarian charm along with happy hour beers creates a good social atmosphere. You can really unwind and relax here as there are so many places to sit or lounge about. The kitchen facilities are fantastic as well as the laundry too.

A very pleasant stay. Staff are very kind and helpful. Place was clean and I was not disturbed at night. I would recommend this place.

• 21st Nov 2015