Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Ruthensteiner is definitely incredible! Perfect location between Schonbrunn Palace and the City Center! Awesome bedroom and very good wifi. The staff was AMAZING. Everybody knew everything, what to recommend and where to go. The atmosphere is great, the bar is good... Definitely recommended!

WOW. Thanks so much, reviews like this make our day :). Come again soon!

An amazing hostel with an amazing vibe. A great place for solo travels to meet others alike. They have an awesome downstairs bar area; a great place to hang out. The room was a great size (8 dorm); the only negative was for our side of the floor (12) there was one toilet and one shower. The staff were also incredible helpful ad willing to answer any questions. One thing they could fix is breakfast, only one person and one line, moves very slow. Overall amazing! Better than expected!

Thank you!!! Come back and enjoy our vibe anytime :).

We stayed in a double bed room shared bathroom and the room was very little... The staff is the best ! Great place! Close to bus stop and metro and train station. Very clean! Cheap breakfast option inside the hostel. Good information given ! Thanks guys !

:) you are very welcome! Thanks for reviewing us!!!

Overall, great hostel. Most notable is the friendly and helpful staff! They went above and beyond to help. Extremely informative about sites to see and how to get there. Make sure to take advantage of that and ask any questions. Facilities are clean but room for toilet and showers are really really tiny. Rooms are a good size and bedding is clean. Bar downstairs with happy hour. Great experience. Would recommend.

Thank you for this great review, we really appreciate it!

The staff is very friendly and informative, they provide free maps and will tell you the best ways to get around the city. The hostel also has an excellent atmosphere, with a large common area where people can and actually socialize and talk to one another, as well as a bar, free instruments to use, and board games. It is also cleaner than most hostels I have been to, and the cleaning staff comes in once a day to the rooms. Overall 9.5/10, would highly recommend.

Thank you!!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff are great, really social great bar but quiet when you want to go to bed! :)

THANK YOU! We love our bar, too - come drink a Krügerl (big Viennese beer) with us anytime!

It's a nice hostel, clean and comfortable, with a kind staff and great atmosphere but a little expensive for what they offer. Breakfast not included. Not credit card acceptance.The surrounding area is not the safest at night and must use metro for getting to the city's main attractions.

Hi, thanks for your review - we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I have to tell you though, we LOVE our neighborhood – right around the corner from a nice shopping &restaurant area + a major metro station, with the old first district a pleasant 20-minute stroll away! Vienna is in fact one of the safest cities in Europe, if not the world – and on top of that, securtiy @ our hostel is top notch - in short, you can feel safe with us! Also, we do accept credit cards :). Best!

This is more a home than a hostel, with its beautiful settings. The receptionists were extremely warm and helpful. The location is fairly tricky to get to initially but then the staff were very helpful when we called. Also since we were a couple we were not put in a dorm and given a private room which was an absolutely wonderful thing for us. The best part was the community inside the hostel which made it seem bubbling with energy always.

Awesome staff and a great place to stay

It would be great if you have a lift.

Great hotel in an amazing city. Couldn't ask for a better location! The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. My only complaint is about the fact that the shower didn't drain. The rest of the bathroom was very clean and well maintained. If they fixed the shower situation I would 100% stay there again.

• 24th Mar 2015

Good Points: -Near Westbanhof (not the main station, but a big one) -The Breakfast was not included but only 2.90 -Good atmosphere with instruments for anyone who wants to play - Quiet place -The staffed was very good Bad Points -The Bed was not good, the mattress was old -The bathroom looked dirty -Old building

I thought this hostel was absolutely wonderful. The warm welcome I received, the way staff worked hard to handle any query quickly, the friendly atmosphere and the well equipped kitchen made me wish for more than four nights. Even though I'd nearly had enough of the city, I was tempted to extend my stay just so I could hang out with the great people I met there. Free computer use and plug socket lockers in the foyer were bonuses. If you'd had English Breakfast Tea, it would have been perfect!

It was one of the best hostels which i've stayed. Lovely stuff, lovely atmosphere, very good location and so clean . Strongly recommended !

Very close to westbahnhof station so it's very easy to get around the city. This hostel had good cheap drinks during happy hour. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Overall a great stay!

I really liked the hostel. The staff are super nice and ready to help with anything. It was easy to get to know people, as there was a general friendly atmosphere. The rooms are clean, as are bathroom and toilet, I didn't use the kitchen, so have no knowledge there. Great commonroom. Only one problem is the fact that the bunk beds are a little shaky, so if someone moves a lot on the bunk bed below/above, you will feel it quite a bit.

Hey there, THANKS for this lovely review! Thank you also for alerting us to the problem with your bed - a few screws had come loose, resulting in quite a bit of extra wobbliness. We'll look forward to your next visit - until then, happy travelling!!!

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed in so far (after visiting hostels in 4 countries). Great atmosphere, met lots of friendly people, staff are nice and knowledgeable, the music/bar nights are fun. Comfortable, clean, spacious rooms, and the decor is very cheerful. Highly recommended! Only downside is that the location isn't walkable from the downtown core, but still easily accessible via public transit.

Very helpful staff - lots of fun activities advertised, hostel bar is a good place to start a night out. Bathrooms were mostly very clean. Great location, right near Westbahnof train station. Rooms and hostel in general were very attractive and clean.

This was my favorite hostel on my trip. Met some truly amazing people, and everyone else staying there was so friendly. The facilities were clean and comfortable. Will be back again as soon as I can!

Really loved my stay here. Lots of solo travelers here so it was a great place to meet people to hang out with while in Vienna! Great bar at the hostel as well.