Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

We stayed at this hostel for 4 nights and it was unforgettable experience. We booked twin room by mistake as we wanted to have a double bed one so we asked for a change and we got an amazing one room apartment next door. Staff are really friendly and helpful, there were many good tips what to see, where to go for a drink or club, what's on opera or theater scene and which event is taking place daily! It's one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at-huge thanks to all staff there! We'll be back!

Great hostel in a nice city. Staff were lovely and the facilities are brilliant.

Love this place!!

Thanks!!! So do we :).

We loved this hostel! Good location, easy access to public transport, or a nice 40min walk to the city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Amazing common area, and dining area. Very relaxing. There was always a nice atmosphere. The other guests were friendly. Very well stocked kitchen. This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at! I can't think of anything that needs improved!

I enjoyed my stay at Ruthensteiner and felt immediately at home and at ease. The staff was welcoming, friendly and always willing to answer my questions and recommended wonderful sites to see within the city. The continental breakfast was both affordable/delicious and the rooms were clean and cozy! Ruthensteiner was one of the best-equipped hostels I have ever seen! You could play an instrument, have a drink read a book, cook, do laundry, or play games and even leave your luggage after check-out

It was a little bit tricky to find the hostel at night (I asked the direction to wombat hostel where I found on the main street) Other than that room was clean, very nice staffs. They have all the information for touristy stuff. Had a nice stay :)

Great location, especially if you're arriving/departing through the Westbahnhof! It's actually just around the corner from Wombat's hostel. I found my room really spacious and clean, plus each bed has a light and a plug-in. The kitchen is also nice, clean, and big! I really wish that this hostel promoted more events, like walking tours, pub crawls, etc like other hostels do.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us, we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here! As for tours etc. - it's low season in Vienna right now, so all the really good tours have shut down until spring. Come back in April and we'll have a nice selection of walking & biking tours, all bookable at reception and with in-house pick up. There's also an excellent pub crawl that meets at a pub right around the corner - next time just ask at reception for nightlife tips and events!

The staff at this hostel was absolutely impeccable. We had to deal with staying an extra night and getting home without flying due to a sick friend and the staff went so far out of the way to help us and save money on the extra traveling. They were welcoming and I will absolutely recommend them to any of my friends planning a trip to Vienna. THANKYOU!

• 13th Feb 2015

Hey! We are always happy to help - it is what makes working at Hostels so rewarding - that we are able to actually help people and make their trip nicer. We hope your friend is feeling well again. Safe travels!

It was very clean and we always felt safe there and that our stuff was safe there. The room was great for its price and the location made travel throughout vienna easy.

• 12th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review us! See you again in Vienna!

Great atmosphere and really amazing staff. Had a nice private room, with good shower facilities and towels provided. It's very close to the West Bahnhof and has easy access to the old city via tram, underground, or walking down the marvelous Mariahilfestrasse. Recommended!

Thank you for your great review! Hope you will visit us soon again!

Wonderful hostel. The staff were friendly and really helpful. Great communal spaces and kitchen. There's lots of info available about things to do in Vienna and even little pieces of paper to take with you with directions. A all round.

• 12th Feb 2015

Yes, we really try to give our guests lot's of info to explore also the hidden sides of Vienna... make sure to check our Infoboard at reception where we update events & happenings daily!

Excellent atmosphere and very kind stuff

This is one of the best hostels I have been to!! Comfortable and spacious dorms, extremely clean in all areas (I must highlight the cleanliness of the WCs), awesome facilities in the kitchen, bar, common room (plenty of musical instruments!) and laundry, fast and free wifi, really affordable price, and a great location (really easy to get here with public transport, 3 minutes walk from a train station, and you can even do a 30-minutes walk from here to the center of town or Schönbrunn).

Wow, thank you for taking the time to review us. When we write our own texts for our own website we would say exactly the same things. In fact we might just use your exact words :D Haha... Please visit us again!

Very nice hostel with great staff... The rooms are really small, but clean... Thanks ;)

Very friendly staff and rich facilities. I totally recommend this hostel to those who will visit Vienna.

Really clean, great hostel with great staff, excellent security, free secure baggage storage, excellent common room and the tastiest tea on tap also for free. Best hostel I've stayed in so far!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Very friendly staff, very nice evening atmosphere, location very close to the U-bahn station, strongly recommend it.

Good place, many people were there even though it was winter.. Many people though are attached to their WiFi and not socializing that much, but that's not the hostel's problem Location: 5 minutes walk from West bahnhof, + tram 2 minutes walk. It's not in the center of town but note that none of the hostels are. (Maybe only the wombat's at naschmarkt is closer) but it's about 10 minutes on the Ubahn to get to the center

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, so easy to find with the instructions online, the staff were SO nice to me especially helping me to bandage up my cut finger straight away and giving me great tips on where to go and exactly how to get there! The kitchen and laundry facilities were great, as were the bathrooms and toilets. So many hooks on the back of the door! Sad to leave, it was such a nice hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2015

Fantastic hostel, good atmosphere, great rooms, wifi is fast, bar and common room is amazing, staff and friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend.