Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Easily one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The place is spotlessly clean, there's a great bar on the ground floor that opens for a few hours every night, a lovely little garden area out the back and an excellent lounge / lobby area to sit and be social. The showers had plenty of pressure and were hot, there wasn't much noise in or around the rooms, I actually don't have enough space here to write how good this place is and how much I enjoyed it. Do yourself a favour and stay here.

Wow! Thank you!!!

Best hostel I stayed at while on my trip. Clean, gorgeous, and great atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone staying in Vienna.

The Ruthensteiner is a great hostel that you will love! The staff is really nice and helpful! The terrasse is really beautiful, it is nice to chill outside after a big day visiting Vienna! Furthermore,the beds was really comfortable and people in my room was really kind and respectful!

Probably suited to the older traveller than uni students as we were but was a very clean and calm hostel with a big importance on music with pianos and guitars dotted around to play. Was very clean and close to Westbanhof train station which was easy to get to. Receptionist was helpful and told us what to do and to get a day pass on the underground which was definitely worth it. Lockers in each room to lock items in and the hostel offered safe boxes by the reception for electronics and passports

I love the staffs. They are very nice. The one thing i don't like it. The drunk people yell all night long at the front door of the hostel.

• 9th Jul 2015

I loved Hostel Ruthensteiner! It really made my stay in Vienna. Super lovely staff, great bar, awesome fellow guests, really nice atmosphere. I had 2 different rooms cause I added an extra night at a later date, and the first room especially was really nice. I can't recommend it highly enough!

We booked a 5 bed room for two nights. The hostel has a fantastic atmosphere, great facilities including a well equipped kitchen, and the friendliest staff we've encountered so far on our trip. WiFi is free and reached the rooms. Showers were hot, lockers were provided for storing luggage before check in. Thoroughly recommended.

• 9th Jul 2015

I had a great time. I would recommend to anyone. Fun atmosphere.

a homely place and great location (it is near Westbanhof). it has a lovely garden, spacious common lounge to chill, and well stocked and clean kitchen. very friendly staff too. my only concern was that it was very noisy at night, and I could hear other guests shouting across the road.

This hostel was great. There was a wonderful outdoor patio and a great bar at night with a happy hour. They had nice lockers provided. The only downfall is that they are located a good distance from the city center but really close to the Main train station which is nice. I always felt like it was clean, and I always felt safe.

LOVED this hostel. I've been traveling solo for 5 weeks and this was hands down my favorite spot. The atmosphere is what makes this place. The garden, bar, and common areas are very inviting and make it easy to meet people. The staff are very helpful and kind, and they've thought of everything. It's a rather large hostel but maintains a homey, unique vibe. I loved it.

Couldn't really ask for anything better at this hostel. We booked a double room for a couple and got an amazing full apartment with our own kitchen and bathroom. The apartment was just across the road from the main hostel but that was perfect as it meant we had space if we wanted it but could still come and socialize and eat in the main area when we wanted to. Great little bar which generally had a few people having a few drinks and good atmosphere. Clean, great facilities and close. Must stay!

Really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere that encourages travelers to get to know one another, I think it is due to the inviting common spaces and gardens. It's also close to the metro, clean, and relatively quiet.

The hostel is very clean, located in quiet neighbourhood and well connected by public transportation. The staff is more than helpful and very cheerful.

Tallest, most stable bunk bed I've ever slept on. You can almost forget there's another person there. No AC but they do put a fan in the room. Extra bathroom down the hall in case someone's showering when you need to pee.

I didn't spend much time at the hostel, and when I was there, I was ill and in bed early. Therefore I find it hard to give a true judgement. However, from what I saw, friendly staff and good, cheap beer at the bar! No lockers in the room but there was 4 of us together in a 4 bed so not an issue as we knew one another. Lockers were provided for luggage storage upon checkout which is better than most hostels' storage facilities as it is normally a room that anyone could access and take your bag!

I loved this hostel! It was very restful yet also had a very fun and social atmosphere.

It was a great hostel and the outside area was excellent! Our only issue is we didn't sleep as our room was too hot! We had three fans and we still couldn't get it cool- it really let the hostel down!

Hey! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - especially in this heat. Vienna is taken by an unprecedented heatwave - 37° degrees today! Please understand that this is high above the maximum and whatever we try to do - fresh cool lemonade for free, fans in all rooms etc. we, and frankly every hostel in Vienna is not outfit for these temperatures! Thank you for understanding - and it will already cool down this Weekend - phew! :)

The best hostel I have ever been too, such a warm friendly family like community feel to the place, with outdoor areas, games, instruments, a kitchen and so many areas to hang out with everyone you meet on your travels. Would definitely come back again

• 4th Jul 2015

This is a nice hostel, however, there is not as much of a community as I would have liked. As a solo traveler, it is nice when the hostel actively tries to help you meet the others to plan activities and such. There are no hostel sponsored events. Also, for as nice of a hostel as it is, it needs air conditioning. It was difficult to sleep it was so hot. Window units, or standing units, something is needed. One fan per room did not cut it. Otherwise a beautiful space