Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

It's a very nice hostel. Especially the big common area with fantastic bar is the perfect place to meet other guests. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Definetely the place to stay in Vienna when you want a real hostel experience.

Best hostel staff I have ever encountered! Super helpful and friendly. Close to Shonbrunn and the train station but a little far from the center and other main sites. Wifi was excellent and the free tea was really nice. Also liked the laundry facilities. The dryer actually dried my clothes in one load!

The common area offers games as well as instruments which is a big upside. The hostel is located 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street and 20 minutes walk to the old city centre.

It's location is good because hostel located at near the train station. But it is quite long to the center of city. It takes about 30minutes by walk. I recommend you to use metro! Hostel is very good, clean and powerful WI-FI! There is a bar and kitchen!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

My stay at the Ruthensteiner hostel was excelent! Nice and clean environment, such as common areas, bedroom and bathrooms. Very friendly staff!

• 24th Dec 2014

The shower for the Dorms need to be improved, too small a space and it wasn't fully enclosed. the upper beds were to low and it was easy to knock your head when you get up or try to do something on bed.

Hi there! You're absolutely right about that shower - we've been working our way through the house shower by shower, fixing them up and modernizing them. The one next to your dorm is the last in line - it's scheduled for renovation next month! THANKS for the feedback, and for the good marks :). Happy travelling!

The place is good, the breakfast so so, with an amazing staff, but Vienna it wasn't what I expect for Xmas, maybe is better in other season of the year

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us! I have to say, I LOVE Christmas-time Vienna...our Christmas Markets are world famous and incredibly charming, I hope you didn't miss them - not to mention the nightly Opera showings (standing room tickets for under €5), the gorgeous palaces and museums, the Glühwein (mulled wine) and roasted chestnuts... But do think about coming back for spring/summer, Vienna is a whole new city in the summer sunshine! All the best, and happy travelling!!!

Highly recommend! Loved it!

THANKS!!! Come back soon :)!

very close to train station but little bit far from city center, but it was okay. bed was very cozy but not that perfectly clean. but enough to deep sleep. host kitchen was perfect to cook.

I wasn't here for long, but an overall good stay at the hostel. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and organized. Easy to follow directions from major modes of transportation.

Great hostel! Friendly staff and we met some fun people in at the hostel bar. Location is a bit far from the city centre. We stayed in a private twin room without bathroom. The room was clean and nice. Very small though and a little noisy (we could hear our neighbours talk) The bed was nice. Downstairs is a common room were guests can sit and talk, have a drink and play some music. I really enjoyed that!

THANK YOU for your review, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks, and do come again!

Had a great stay here! Central location, met awesome travelers, and great atmosphere for hanging out, sharing stories, and meeting people.

Very friendly staff, very silent hostel

Most things OK except the cooking plates, which are way too weak. The location is pretty good for the price, with just a couple of kilometers to walk to the city center and attractions, but on the other side, there is a major train and metro station close to the hostel. Food can be shopped in nearby supermarkets in mariahilfestrasse if a kebap or noodles/sushi on the same street doesnt fall into taste. All in all a recommended place, will consider going to the same place if going to vienna again

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! I'm sorry if the hotplates were giving you trouble - they usually work just fine, but I'll go take a peek at them and make sure they're in working order. All the best, and happy travelling!!!

Very beautiful common area, good atmosphere, with nice bar and musical instruments to play. Decent kitchen. Rooms were average comfort. Location was far from the city center - about 20 minute walk through a shopping district. Great place for meeting people.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us! I'd just like to add a little something about that '20 minute walk', which leads you down the lovely Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue: the 'Mahü' (as it's known to locals) is a beloved Viennese hang-out and mostly-car-free urban paradise, leading all the way from us to famous 'Ringstrasse' at the heart of Vienna... In short, the ''walk into the center'' is really a tourist attraction in and of itself :). Thanks, do come again soon!

Excellent hostel. Friendly and very helpful staff. Great bar for meeting people as a single traveller. If I am ever in Vienna again I will definitely be staying at Ruthensteiner.

Thanks so much for this great review - we'll look forward to your next visit!!!

Booked here a little last minute after other plans fell through, and I'm really glad I did. Location is a little far away from the shops and social areas, but really close to Wien HBF and public transit. Rooms were clean and open with large lockers for luggage storage. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and gave me free apple cider. I would love to visit Vienna again, and if I do, I would definitely stay at Ruthensteiner again.

Hi there, we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for this lovely review! A few corrections: we're a few minutes walk from the WESTBAHNHOF (not the HBF, or Hauptbahnhof, which is about 15 minutes away by public transit). We're also just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, where there's shopping-a-plenty. Check it out on your next visit :)!

All perfect, great staff, efficient service, very clean room, very clean everything, swift wifi, superb atmosphere, ideal for young people to meet other young people and drink and have fun together:) Only drawback will be that it is a bit far away from the city center, though very convenient public transport to everywhere one wants to go, personally I'd prefer to walk to anywhere I want to go instead of taking metro.. In all a perfectly organized hostel. :)

Great hostel. Very helpful staff. Free use of computers. Good rooms. Good atmosphere to hang or and meet people. Location isn't too bad.. close to one of the main train stations. Would stay here again.

Thanks!!! Come back again soon! (ps - we're next to Westbahnhof, the western train station - but it's easy to get to us from any train station :).

The best hostel I ever was. The staff is nice, they help you with your questions. They have big lockers, so your stuff is safe. There is a nice commonroom, it is easily to meet other people. Next time in Vienna I go back to this hostel.

THANKS for your review - we'll look forward to your next visit!