Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

I stayed on the upper bed, and the only way I could get up there was by a chair (Yes, there is no stair!). I don't have long legs, so it was quite dangerous for me. One day morning, the lower bed traveller put his stuffs on that chair, and I could not get down!!

Well, this is certainly the first time we've had a guest trapped in bed ;). Thank you for the feedback - we love our bunk beds, but they're simply not compatible with a ladder - we're slowly upgrading to new, beautifully designed bunks with ladders included. In fact, we've just had a set custom-made for a few of our 6-bed dorms. It'll take some time to get the budget together, but ultimately we do want to upgrade every bed in the house. Wishing you a safe journey, & all the best!

Nice place, good location, although having the sink in your room while the toilet is in another was a bit strange; no big deal though.

Thanks, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Just a note - you were booked into one of our more economical room categories - hence the shower/toilet on the hall (a few of these rooms do include a private sink for teeth-brushing etc). We also offer en suite rooms with private shower, toilet and sink. Thanks for taking the time to review us, and happy travelling!

The hostel was superb! Very clean, great atmosphere. They even change your bedsheets while you are out, just like a hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Good facilities with laundry room and lockers in the rooms and on the main floor in case you want to keep your stuff there for a bit after you check out. Location isn't really within walking distance of anything noteworthy, but it's only a 7 minute walk to the metro stop, which will take you into the city center in 5-10 minutes.

• 29th May 2015

Thank you for this great review!!! Just a quick word on our LOCATION - we're actually just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous car-free urban space stretching from the Westbahnhof to the historic 1st district- so no need to jump on the subway to get in on some Viennese action! Also, a note to future guests - we don't normally change sheets during your stay - we are a hostel & very eco-conscious :).

Loved our stay in Hostel Ruthensteiner. Perfect for us backpacking through Vienna. The staff was very friendly. The layout and facilites were super nice and modern. I would recommend this place to anyone trying to stay cheap in Vienna as you will get the bang with your buck here!

• 28th May 2015

Very convenient to the train station. Friendly staff. Quaint accommodations. FREE CityBike rental. No brainer.

We've never been described as a 'no brainer' before - thanks...I think! ;) A quick note on BIKES - the CityBike rentals referred to here are offered by the city of Vienna - you can use a citybike for free for up to 1 hour, with plenty of stations throughout the city (registration with credit card # required). We also offer top-quality street bikes for rent in house, with the benefit that you can keep our bikes all day - perfect for a bike trip around Vienna or down the blue Danube... :)

Enjoyed my time here. People were nice and the vibes were good. I found the breakfast costs and offering a bit confusing but aside from that everything was fine. It's quiet time after 10pm just a warning. Also, only one toilet/shower per room so if everyone wakes up at the same time, it's first come first serve to shower and get ready, which slows down the day. The location is good and price is right for Vienna, which is an expensive city.

Very nice building! The weather was great so I got to fully appreciate the nice outdoors area, the common area had a homely vibe which made it easy to relax in and there was a very wide variety of guests without that being an issue at all. There's a few caveats though. You'll likely need to use the metro a fair bit, I countered this by doing all of my cooking in the hostel's kitchen, this might be less cost efficient if you're only staying here for

The bar at night was a great place.

really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it to others. the staff are really kind and know a lot about the city! the bar /lounge area was great and I met lots of awesome people. thanks for a great stay!

I had an excellent time all round! The staff are knowledgeable and very friendly, the rooms are affordable and very well kept, and the hostel itself is in a fantastic location. I'll definitely be staying here when I come to Vienna in the future :]

Wow, thanks so much!!! We'll look forward to your next visit. And by the way, I love your emoji, might start using that one myself :].

Possibly my favourite hostel ever. Friendly, good facilities.

Good hostel, but a bit dry - if you're a party type this ain't the place to be, nor Vienna for that matter! Let's go to the opera! Everything here is what you will need for a comfortable stay. Very clean and really we'll set up. Good to relax with a large patio area. Staff is helpful but really no fun to be had. I guess it's the Vienna vibe.

Clean rooms, friendly staff. I would stay again.

Loved my stay at the Ruthensteiner Hostel. Great location, I rarely needed to use public transportation. On foot, you can reach the Westbahnhof and from there you can take trains to many different cities. It is not a mass hostel, they don't have so many rooms, everything is personal and it was clean. Great and helpful staff. Many lockers. Can't complain about anything.

Loved this place. Nice premises, great atmosphere, wonderful lovely friendly staff, and perfect location for our needs (within a walking distance of several museums, and the railway station is just around the corner). A staff member advised us against getting the Vienna card so just letting you know that it more than paid off in 3 days; I recommend giving it a go esp if you're not a student. Anyway thank you so much, you'll be my first choice on my next trip to Vienna, whenever that may be!

Thank you - for the lovely review, and also for the tip about the Vienna Card, that's very helpful feedback! We'll look forward to your next visit - until then, happy travelling!

There a super frindly there and so create a atmosphere, where its just nice to be. Common-, bar- and kitchenarea fit in that concept.

• 22nd May 2015

Thank you - maintaining an open, social, relaxed, traveller-friendly atmosphere is one of our main goals around her. Come back and chill with us again anytime!

Lovely vibe, helpful staff and a relaxed bar area. Not a party hostel, but a good communal one. Rooms and bathrooms very clean. Easy walking distance to metro station. Expensive for a hostel but so is everywhere else in Vienna. I would stay here again.

Very nice the place. Would stay there again if I go back to Vienna.

• 20th May 2015
  • Russia

This hostel felt truly like one big family. I met some of my favorite people here on my travels, the staff are super friendly and helpful, and the rooms are big and gorgeous. The kitchen and dining area are really nice as well. It's in a beautiful residential area of Vienna which really helps it feel like home. I'd come back in a heartbeat.

a marvelous and organised team of charming helpful young people. I enjoyed the little garden, the general ambiance, and happy hour round an oval bar seated on stools - chats about travels in Cuba or a story about witnessing levitation. Piano and guitars avaiable, i enjoyed the flow of easy listening songs. Slightly off the beaten track in a quiet road...

• 19th May 2015

Man, I'm sorry I missed the levitation-conversation...that's what hostelling is all about, if you ask me. THANK YOU for the awesome review, and come see us again sometime!