Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Really enjoyed my stay at Ruthensteiner, the atmosphere is great, the little courtyard is a nice bonus. I stayed in the building across the street, it was really clean and quiet except for the street noises but there's nothing you can do about that (and it's a fairly quiet street). It's close to the metro and most tram lines and you can actually walk to the old part of town or Schönbrunn castle (but I would suggest coming back before sundown, this part of town didn't feel as safe).

Lovely hostel! Staff are amazing! The kitchen is a bit small, so try not to cook too much in the evening. Love the gardens and common areas. Would stay again!

Great place to socialize with great people!!!!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

Loved this hostel - good atmosphere, easy to meet people if you're travelling alone and the staff were very helpful. You would probably want to catch the underground to the centre as it's a half hour walk, but there is a main station only 5 minutes away - which is also handy for getting to the bus station quickly. The hostel is also close to the castle grounds which are beautiful to walk and relax in. I would recommend staying here!

I have just one word for this hostel, perfect! Thank you guys, I'll absolutely visit Wien and your hostel again.

Wow, thank YOU for this perfect review :)! We'll look forward to your next visit!

One of the best hostel I ever been. They have everything: a well-equipped kitchen, good internet, clean rooms, spanish speaking staff (gracias Juliana!!), laundry facilities, reading light and a power plug next to each bed, etc. I spent one night in a private room which is huge, beautiful, quiet, and includes a small kitchen an a terrace, was great! The dorms was great too! I loved the free food box inside the refrigerator.

The hostel is close to the train station, which is very easy (and inexpensive) to use! The staff was quite friendly and they offered maps and lots of "how to get to _____ (location)" information slips, which we used the entire time! The room was small but clean and perfect for our one-night stay. There was a garden, computers, great wifi, a bar, and inexpensive coffee (and breakfast) in the morning!

• 25th Apr 2015

Thanks for this great review! I'll tell our team member Monika that you like her information slips - she put a heap of work into those :). Come back and see us again sometime!

The front desk lady helped me save 25 euros on my train ticket because she told me to take the westban train instead of the Austrian run train system. They were friendly and helpful!! The beds were nice and showers were hot. so overall nice place.

I enjoyed my stay at this authentic family run hostel, it had such a homely feel to it. The garden, dining area, bar and lounge provide the perfect backdrop for meeting other guests in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The moment i walked into this hostel I liked it so much that i extended my stay here and cancelled my other reservations. Breakfast is decent and some staff extremely friendly, especially Juliana whom i fell in love with and cannot wait to return just to lay eyes upon her again :) x

I cannot fault this hostel in any way. Staff were brilliant, kitchen was great, met so many great people while staying here. Easy to get to with great location. Would stay here again and again.

Met some great people in this hostel! Good for solo travelers. Very nice facilities!

Loved this hostel! Location is so close to train station and wifi is perfect. There is a great social area and was able to meet a ton of people during happy hour and through out the rest of the night. The beds were comfy. Everything was amazing! I would definitely come back and stay here. Thank you!

Fantastic hostel. Worth every penny. If I go back to Vienna, I'll be staying here again.

Yay, thank you! We'll look forward to your next visit!

excellent place. lots of suggestions and facilities. a helpful staff and a beautiful hostel. love it!

:) Thanks! We love the love!!!

The location is great. The bathroom and toilet were very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi was very fast.

We stayed for 3 nights and loved it here. Steve on the front desk was lovely and all members of staff helped with all information needed. Wifi was good and good social areas. Would definitely stay again.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Yes, we all love Steve :). THANKS for your review - we'll hope to see you around here again soon!

Great staff with plenty of advice for things to do. Wonderful common facilities including a bar and a garden. Easily the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Location is not necessarily the best, but you are so close the U-Bahn that it really doesn't matter. You can get anywhere in the city in a timely manner.

• 18th Apr 2015

The place is great, the atmosphere is very friendly and the staff was amazing except one guy, he seemed in pain that he had to help me or answer a couple of questions, he was the one the on the 17th of April at 23:30 or a bit later, definitely doesnt belong or maybe he just had a problem with me!

Beautiful Hostel, we had the best night out with people we met just sitting at the bar! You made our backpacking Honeymoon extra special! :) Super clean, welcoming hostel - can't wait to return!!!

Nice hostel. The rooms were clearly refurbished apartments, so the layout was a bit confusing. Also there was only one shower and one toilet for the whole room of 10 people which was a bit inconvenient. The shower was nice, with a shower head that wasn't attached to the wall. Breakfast wasn't included, but you could buy a small, but high quality and very tasty breakfast for 3-4 €. They also had free-to-use computers with internet access. They also kindly printed some documents for me for free