Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great place, nice people. Reason enough we turned out to hang around in the hostel more than we expected! :D

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Clean, secure and in a great location. Great place as a solo traveller to meet new people.

A nice hostel in a good part of Vienna. Easy to reach the Old Town by metro. Everything was clean and the staff were nice. There was a good atmosphere in the evenings. The kitchen is huge and well stocked making it easy to cook for yourself (although there is no oven). The free apple tea is delicious!

Mmmm, spiced apple tea - the perfect thing on a chilly Viennese winter day :). A quick note on our location - the Old Town is indeed easy to reach, not just by metro, but also by foot! We're just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue - this gorgeous mixed use/pedestrian space will lead you all the way to the historic center. So no need to jump on the subway to get in on some Viennese action! Thanks, & happy travelling!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

:)!!!! We love words like 'Best'! Thanks so much, and come see us again sometime soon!

We enjoyed our stay to the max! We enjoy quiet atmosphere, so we were really grateful to the owners to locate us in a more isolated part of the hostel. We also got an extra upgrade to our room - additional kitchen and living room. Great service! The room was clean and comfy, with a view on beautiful garden. It was a truly pleasant stay. And its next to the beautiful shopping quartier!

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Great hostel, very helpful and friendly staff.

Huge hostel with clean and nice facilities and great staff. I could tell that the hostel was actually putting in a lot of effort to make sure visitors were having a good stay. Would recommend it.

Overall this was a good hostel. Some of the staff were great and others were not. The rooms were plenty big and the beds were comfortable. It's easy to find, and close to the train and metro. Not my favorite hostel, but I would stay here again.

Mmmm, I guess we can't expect to be everyone's favorite. But do come back for another visit, we'll do our best to bump ourselves up on your list!

Wonderful staff, very helpful. Evenings had a good vibe with people playing piano and guitar, staff were extremely friendly, plus this place is super clean. Freshly laundered sheets,pillowcases and duvet covers were great to crawl into after a days worth of walking. I like the separate showers and toilets, no waiting for a sink if someone is taking an extra long shower. FREE internet, lockers, great kitchen and patio. Location is superb, only a two minute walk to Westbanhof.

• 17th Nov 2015

Definitely an amazing hostel! Good amenities, location was not bad and the staff was amazing. The free apple tea was the best thing about the hostel, by far the best tea I've ever had. The whole hostel was unbelievably clean, I was able to walk around barefoot. Atmosphere was good, would definitely recommend !

Thank you for this great review - come walk around barefoot in our house anytime :)!

Lovely hostel. It was a very friendly place to be a lone traveler, and I had a great time meeting people. The staff were welcoming, and the beds comfortable. I liked that there was both a breakfast AND a very well equipped kitchen. Only thing I didn't like was the $50 fee if you lose your keys... can't they just get a different/ cheaper to replace key system?!

Thank you, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place! As for the key deposit - security is a top priority around here, and we've chosen to invest in a system that keeps our house as secure as possible - something the cheaper systems simply don't do. We ask for a high deposit so that guests are careful with their keys, as well as to cover our expenses if a key does go missing. This rarely happens, though - most guests just leave their key safely at reception (open 24hrs). Thanks!

This was probably the cleanest hostel that I have ever been to! The sheets were stuff as if they were brand new and the bathrooms were spotless!! The dorm I had was so spacious and felt really comfortable to be in. THE apple tea was AMAZING! Sadly it ran out though. The walk into the city is about 25-30 minutes but it's a really nice walk ! Really nice location and hostel all up. Wish breakfast was included for the price paid though!

Wow, thank you - I'll pass your compliments on to the cleaning staff & tea makers, they'll be very proud :). As for the breakfast - yes it's not free, but we do try to keep it as affordable&tasty as possible, complete with fresh rolls & bread, fresh yogurt, muesli&cereal, bottomless fairtrade&organic coffee etc etc, all for €3.50 or under (less than what most places charge for a cappuccino). And for those who are more do-it-yourself, we'll always have our fully equipped kitchen for guest use!

Well equipped and comfortable hostel. Location is great for the Westbanhof and walking distance to the Schonbrunn palace, but to get into the centre its either a lengthy walk or a metro ride.

My only regret with this hostel is not drinking enough of the free apple tea😓 So good🍎☕️ The kitchen is well equipped and the rooms are spacious. The staff was very helpful😀

Good atmosphere, had everything you needed.

Very helpful staff and fun common area. Very nice hostel.

Hostel Ruthensteiner is orobably the best hostel ive stayed at. I loved the courtyard even though it was winter it was lovely and fresh wich kindof radiated through the hostel. The bathrooms were the cleanest ever and the rooms fresh and tody. Excellent common areas for all levels of socialising and a really great kitchen. Such a great stay here!

• 9th Nov 2015

Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

I've stayed only one night there but this Hostel is very clean got everything you need include a cheap breakfast. The common room is great you can easily socialize with fellow traveller and get some beers at the bar from 7pm. Very cool Hostel for backpackers

The atmosphere is amazing. I ended up staying much longer because I got sick so it was so it was a good place to be. It's not in the city center but only a 10 min train ride which is even faster than driving. There is no parking close by but they told me where to park for cheap which worked great and I left my car for the duration of the trip. I would also recommend the women's only dorm. They are much nicer.