Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

It is good hostel. Not far from the westbahnhof station. The room is so clean, and pretty haha. But at night, there is little bit noisy because of Bar. But not loud.

We initially booked a share private bathroom with three beds and expected to have just a room with three single beds and an attaches bathroom. We didn't expected to get an apartment to ourself with a small garden. The overall stay was enjoyable and wonderful. I would recommend this to my friends and family. Keep up the good work!!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic. I've already recommended this place to people.

The most helpful staff of anywhere we stayed over 3 weeks in Europe, the atmosphere was very cool and welcoming, I cannot recommend it highly enough

I liked my stay at this hostel, even though I didn't not take advantage of the social activities as I could have. Every night there were groups of people hanging out, so I think this would be good for a solo traveller. I was just too tired to mingle. The combo breakfast was very filling and worth the price. The staff was great about providing suggestions of things to do in Vienna. My favorite part of the city was the free justice palace visit that I wouldn't have known about without guidance.

Really well located if coming from train station or airport but is a bit of a walk from museums and other sites. Some great (affordable) restaurants serving local cuisine nearby, not that the in house bar wasn't cool as well. Staff was great and accommodating. dorms we're clean, safe and comfy. Definitely recommend.

Amazing staff. Plenty if lockers. Close to the metro. Well recommended

Excellent hostel, very well run, staff can advise on the best routes and the what to see cannot fault in anyway! Always made feel very welcome.

• 12th Jul 2014

Best hostel i've ever stayed in and i'm not some spokesperson for the company. The staff was very down to earth and knew english very well. The rooms were very clean and modern. The bathroom facilities were great, although the automated lights would sometimes go out and scare the life out of me, literally. There was a bar there so you could unwind at the end of the day and the atmosphere was awesome. Overall it was a great experience and i would totally recommend this hostel to anyone.

THANKS for this lovely review - do come again!

Love this hostel! Great people great fun! Close to train/metro. Easy to find. Close to one of the palaces, but a little far from city center!

The atmosphere of the hostel was so friendly and relaxed that we felt at home straight away! The beautiful garden, free access to play the musical instruments and helpfulness of the staff were all particular highlights. Staff were particularly helpful when we wanted advice on places to eat and visit and especially helpful when we had problems after hiring bikes. Thank you!

• 7th Jul 2014

You're welcome!!! And thank YOU for your review!

A little bit removed from sights but overall an expectinonal place to stay!

Hi, thanks so much for your lovely review - 'exceptional' is an adjective that we certainly like to hear :)! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks, and do come again!

Absolutely excellent.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Nice hostel, close to the metro station and restaurants, mini markerts, etc.

Close to westbanhof, has a great kitchen to cook food in with. Happy hour's not that cheap but its convenient. But the biggest severe lack is a tv, meaning a great opportunity for the hostellers in watching thr world cup wasn't there. Nonetheless there are pubs around the place. Solo travellers should note bigger groups and families often stay here.

Hi, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here overall! Just to clear up the matter of GROUPS - unlike many hostels (which often cater to bus-tours and the like), we try to avoid group bookings as much as possible, and only occasionally accept reservations for groups larger than 8. We do this for the same reason we don't have a TV - hostelling is about meeting people, and we do our best to encourage folks to get to know each other! Thanks for your review, and happy travelling!!!

It was little bit hard to find hostel from metro station. Shower box is too small. But the otherthings not bad.

Free wifi throughout entire hostel, lots of lounge spaces, bar, garden areas, lots of really friendly multi-lingual staff and fully equipped kitchen. This place is awesome. Located in a very quiet area. I really liked that the front door was always open and the staff were there 24/7.

Other than the location being far from the city centre (which isn't a problem since it is near a metro stop) this hostel is amazing. The facilities were top notch and the garden and common room were really relaxing.

The staff was really helpful and gave great recommendations. The kitchen and garden were both really nice and the lounge is really cozy!

For years, when I go to Vienna, I've been staying with Ruthensteiner. Sometimes I wonder what the few Viennese hostels with even higher rating are like. :D Free lockers in rooms, ample washing facilities, spotlessly clean, great staff ready to help you with everything (doing great job, guys), 5 min on foot to the underground, safe area, food stores & restaurants. Lately imposed curfew on the guest kitchen (22-8) is not very convenient. The WiFi in the building across the street could be better.

Thanks for your review - we'll be looking forward to seeing you for many years to come! I am sorry about the kitchen curfew - it's an unforunate necessity (the noise from the kitchen was keeping people up in the dorm next door). As for WiFi - our goal is to have perfect wireless in all our rooms, but we haven't worked out all the glitches yet - thanks for alerting us to the problem. Happy traveling!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7