Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

This hostel is the right place to stay in Vienna. Very good facilities (garden, music instruments, computers and more) and helpful staff. Will stay there again for sure, during next visit to the city.

I just stayed 1 day in a 10 bed dorm room. It was very good and cheap!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

This is a great hostel to stay at. At stayed both at the ladies' dorm and the second time I had a room for myself. The room is clean and comfortable, the atmosphere at the hostel is good, the staff is helpful and the location is excellent, just a few minutes walk from the train station. I highly recommend!

Thank you, Avid Traveller! We'll look forward to your next visit!!!

really enjoyed my stay here, it's a little further out from the centre to other hostels, but worth the investment. I'd definitely stay here again.

i had a great time here. the place was clean and the staff was excellent, especially Steve at the desk, he was always friendly and very helpful!

Can be noisy at night (but that's the fault of the guests rather than the fault of the hostel).

Rooms are a bit small but other than that everything was perfect. Really coo, social atmosphere.

I was most impressed by the cleanliness of this hostel. The staff was very friendly and common areas such and the kitchen and garden were impressive as well.

• 8th Oct 2014

Had a great time here both inside and outside the hostel, the excellent transport more than makes up for the hostel being slightly out the center of town.

The hostel has 2 buildings that i didn't know about so my room was across the street from the reception and main area. I thought the bathroom and shower was gross. The people in my room were cool but we had two men easily over 45+ and they were creepy. Also really dumb the beds were numbered and you had to be in the same bed. I had no idea so i had to switch keys with the guy in the bed i was supposed to be in. Would not recommend stay at the wombat.

We're so sorry that you weren't happy with your stay! Our key system is standard for hostels - we assign bed #s so that we know which beds are vacant and need to be cleaned each day. We also clean all our bathrooms thoroughly at least once a day - of course it does occasionally happen that things get out of hand between cleanings - our apologies for any mess! As for 'creeps' - most of our guests are lovely - but maybe the women's dorm would be a better fit for you? Thanks, and happy travelling!

Was very clean, good lockers in the room, comfy beds and clean sheets. Great facilities with fully equipped kitchen, laundry service and computers. Was nice chilled atmosphere

Would recommend staying here. The hostel was clean, safe, and near the main train station. My friends and I stayed in a private bedroom with no ensuite bathroom, but we had no issues with the shared facilities. Everything was kept clean.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

The staff is so cordial and friendly. They are truly willing to help you with anything and give great advice. The location is perfect, just far enough away from the noisy streets for peaceful sleep but close enough to be in the hustle and bustle. I found this hostel to be very very clean! I did not feel grossed out at all. Very good value for what it's worth. Overall, the staff really makes your stay and they were AMAZING!

THANKS - reviews like this make our day!!! Come back and visit us again sometime!

Great hostel with a good vibe. Staff is always smiling and helpful. Nice little courtyard. Common space is welcoming. Would highly suggest this one.

The staff was very friendly and answered many of our questions about how to get around Vienna. Rooms were small but clean and quiet. We enjoyed our stay!

Nothing really stood out for me about this place, just somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. There wasn't much interaction between the travellers - organized activities would a nice way to meet people, especially when travelling alone. The room I stayed in was off the balcony - a bit strange. There was a shower in the room but had a queue in the morning which I didn't like. There were other showers by reception, but who wants to have to walk outside in their pajamas to get there?!

I really loved this hostel! I thought the location was great, as it only took about 10 min to get to the city center with the metro and close proximity to Schönbrunn. The hostel itself was very clean and welcoming. Lots of places to sit and relax and a good atmosphere to meet new people. Thanks to their chalkboard in the lobby I learned about an event happening during my stay, Lange Nacht der Museen. Truly a night to remember, probably my favorite thing I did in Vienna!

Yeah, the Long Night of Museums is really an amazing thing - for one night per year, all of Vienna's museums open their doors until the wee hours, and with a single ticket you can visit everywhere, from Vienna's grand old institutions to funky contemporary exhibits to teeny tiny special interest places like the Schnapps Museum (recommended for hard liquer enthusiasts :), free transport included. We're so glad you made it! Thanks for your fantastic review, and do come again!

I wish you had an area where I can prepare my breakfast before 7am... Fortunately one of the guys of the staff help me by retrieving my food from the fridge and lend me a cup..

We do keep the kitchen closed overnight - We would LOVE to let everyone cook whenever they like, but the problem is that the kitchen is right next to a dormitory, and we also want our guests to be able to sleep undisturbed. However, we're always happy to let early-birds in to quietly prepare something! Thanks for your review, and happy travelling!

Fantastic hostel. Location maybe not central but close to station and metro. The bar in the evening was a great place to mingle and meet new people. Felt extremely safe with my belongings and would definitely consider staying again if I was back in Wien!!

This hostel was a great choice. I loved that they gave such precise directions. It was so easy to find! The staff was the most helpful and friendly of any hostel I've stayed at. It's not too far from the sights; I walked into town the entire duration of my stay. (I also rented a bike, sure easy and nice) The room was quiet, which I liked, but they have a great bar area. Wifi pretty good in all areas-including the room. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Vienna!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7