Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Loved the atmosphere here! The staff were really helpful, and I found the hostel to be great place for solo travelers! However, I had bit of trouble getting the wifi to work in my dorm across the street (but that might have been my phone's fault).

Loved this hotel,really central to the train station, very clean,great buzz in the bar; Breakfast was beautiful, kitchen and laundry facilities also really good, would def stay here again and will be recommending it to friends;

• 20th Aug 2014

Lovely room and facilities. They had a really nice garden you could sit out in, the kitchen was quite large and well equipped and the staff were excellent.

Very friendly staff and dorms had their own bathroom. Close to everything!

Nice hostel with lovely staff but lacking in atmosphere for backpackers!

No towels. Breakfast is not included in the rate and you have to pay for it separately. Food to be bought for breakfast is not good.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm sorry you didn't like our breakfast selection - we try to offer something for everyone, from fresh baked rolls & bread with all the fixings to cereal & granola (with the option of organic soy milk for the lactose-intolerant) to yogurt and fruit. If there's something we could add to make breakfast more appealing, please do let us know! Also, next time you visit just ask for a towel - they're available at reception for €1. Happy travelling!

I really love this hostel. It's very small, personal, cozy with really nice staff. It has a great kitchen and bar. Lots of solo travellers here so it's very social. Wish I could live here.

Thanks for the love, galledbladder!!! That would be great wouldn't it, a friendly-cozy-hostel-style home, folks to cook with every night, music and conversation in the evenings...the wave of the future maybe... :)

Good location, nice bar in the hostel that allows you to meet other travellers easily. The staffs are friendly to provide many information to the traveller, they also have self-made booklets about the summer concerts and activities in Vienna at night, which is pretty useful!

Really liked this hostel, it's got a proper kitchen and a lovely garden to eat in. Also, a bar which gets pretty busy in the evening and we saw a live acoustic band play one evening which was great. Also, they have a large selection of games/packs of cards to play in the bar. Breakfast should not be so expensive though.

Pretty good hostel! Has a bar for chilling and interacting with other people... Staff super friendly and helpful! Also 24 hrs! I recommend!

One of the best hostel I ever stay in. Definitely I super recommend this hostel.

THANKS SO MUCH for the awesome review - and for being a super guest!!! :)

Really good place to stay. Great for solo travellers as well as groups. Staff are really nice and helpful. This is a fairly small and cozy place that helps with atmosphere. I wish the breakfast would run a little longer but I shouldn't complain. I could just get up earlier. Definitely recommend.

Was only there for a night and had to leave early the next morning so didn't really do much at the hostel but it seemed like it had a good vibe and everyone looked like they were making friends and having fun.

Wifi connection was weak in the room

Nice place close to the train station, ubahn, grocery stores. Nice big room, lots of outlets, nice bathroom and bed. Good wifi.

A great hostel to stay in. A good combination of a party atmosphere and peace and quiet when it's needed.

A lovely hostel, closer to a B&B or guesthouse sort of atmosphere in that it is going for a slightly posher vibe. Very chilled. Beautiful garden and very nice common area. My only criticisms would be: our room was TINY - functional, but rather cosy; the breakfasts were a bit stingy - one of my friends is gluten free so went for the cereal option and they wouldn't let her take a sachet of jam for the gluten free bread she had brought; and the shower cubicles are also rather cramped.

Hostel was a bit far from all the attractions but very walkable.

Very friendly staff

This was easily the best hostel we have stayed in so far. The place is really clean, all the staff including the cleaners were friendly, it has a nice big kitchen and self service laundry. The bar and common areas are great but you don't have to put up with noise as there is quiet time and lots of extra doors to shut out any noise. The only tiny bad point is I found the beds about 2" to short. But I'm 6'4" so probably not an issue for most. Would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7