Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Really liked this hostel, it's got a proper kitchen and a lovely garden to eat in. Also, a bar which gets pretty busy in the evening and we saw a live acoustic band play one evening which was great. Also, they have a large selection of games/packs of cards to play in the bar. Breakfast should not be so expensive though.

Pretty good hostel! Has a bar for chilling and interacting with other people... Staff super friendly and helpful! Also 24 hrs! I recommend!

Really good place to stay. Great for solo travellers as well as groups. Staff are really nice and helpful. This is a fairly small and cozy place that helps with atmosphere. I wish the breakfast would run a little longer but I shouldn't complain. I could just get up earlier. Definitely recommend.

Was only there for a night and had to leave early the next morning so didn't really do much at the hostel but it seemed like it had a good vibe and everyone looked like they were making friends and having fun.

Wifi connection was weak in the room

A lovely hostel, closer to a B&B or guesthouse sort of atmosphere in that it is going for a slightly posher vibe. Very chilled. Beautiful garden and very nice common area. My only criticisms would be: our room was TINY - functional, but rather cosy; the breakfasts were a bit stingy - one of my friends is gluten free so went for the cereal option and they wouldn't let her take a sachet of jam for the gluten free bread she had brought; and the shower cubicles are also rather cramped.

Hostel was a bit far from all the attractions but very walkable.

Very friendly staff

This was easily the best hostel we have stayed in so far. The place is really clean, all the staff including the cleaners were friendly, it has a nice big kitchen and self service laundry. The bar and common areas are great but you don't have to put up with noise as there is quiet time and lots of extra doors to shut out any noise. The only tiny bad point is I found the beds about 2" to short. But I'm 6'4" so probably not an issue for most. Would definitely stay here again.

Great Hostel. Best I've stayed in Austria. Convenient location to Westbanhof and central Vienna. Good English speaking Staff!

• 6th Aug 2014

Very helpful staff. Nice facilities and reasonable breakfast.

Would recommend to friends and family

• 4th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The courtyard provided a lovely opportunity for guests to meet and relax and was therefore a definite highlight. The downside was that the beds were so short that you were unable to sit on them comfortably.

I don't normally write reviews but the place is too good. First, very clean facilities, good atmosphere (chill out or party) close location to train station and all that stuff.the best part is all of the staff are nice; I was stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way of contact so I missed my first night. Eliška (such a sweetheart) talked to her manager (dude with a sick ponytail) and they cleared it with a smile, not charging me. Such a nice staff, and everything else is great too!

• 4th Aug 2014

Great hostel, the bedrooms were clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was available for very reasonable prices at reception which was very handy. There was also a large well equipped kitchen and even free fresh herbs from the garden. The outside courtyard is a lovely place to just sit around, as is the bar area. Unfortunately there were no fans in the rooms, so they got a little hot but overall this is a great hostel with all the facilities you could need!'

Very close to the main station, but not so good for the museums and "pretty part" of town. The breakfast is also a bit on the feeble side. That being said, the hostel looks immaculate and is well maintained. Pleasant staff. Cheap bar. Pretty floral arrangements. Beds don't creak etc. Plug for every bed. Decent power shower and other bathroom facilities both inside the rooms and in the halls.

Overall a nice stay, good facilities such as chess, musical instruments, great garden. Some staff at times were quiet moody and it was lacking things such as walking tours. The breakfast and hot drinks were expensive for what it was.

More like a hotel with pleasant outlook and relaxing environment, very big common areas with nice gardens. Helpful staffs, rooms are big have lockers, facilities are clean but showers sometimes gets flooded, well mostly because of irresponsible guests! But definitely a top place to stay.

I really can't say enough about this hostel. The gardens were lovely, the common areas were bright, cozy and made it easy to meet people. The showers were great. The best thing was the service though: my bag was lost in transit and the number I was given didn't work. Monika at the front desk researched every possible email address to write to for me, and periodically called through the day. In the meantime, they gave me spare chargers, towels, and sympathy. I loved everything about this hostel.

Had a nice one night stay, the bar and lounge area is awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7