Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

The hostel is great. the garen is great. the location is awesome. the staff are helpful and friendly. Everything s very clean and well thought. I ll definitely come again.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. They have thought of everything a traveller needs. I would definitely return here!

• 25th Jul 2014

The place was clean and well-situated, a little hidden but their welcome email and directions were easy to follow. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything was in good condition. I would stay again in this hostel and recommend it to anyone traveling to Vienna.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The fact the hostel provides several musical instruments for guests to use such as a guitar and piano is a great touch and provides a fantastic atmosphere as these were in use most of the evening. Security is good, the location is great, I would definitely stay here again.

It is good hostel. Not far from the westbahnhof station. The room is so clean, and pretty haha. But at night, there is little bit noisy because of Bar. But not loud.

We initially booked a share private bathroom with three beds and expected to have just a room with three single beds and an attaches bathroom. We didn't expected to get an apartment to ourself with a small garden. The overall stay was enjoyable and wonderful. I would recommend this to my friends and family. Keep up the good work!!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic. I've already recommended this place to people.

The most helpful staff of anywhere we stayed over 3 weeks in Europe, the atmosphere was very cool and welcoming, I cannot recommend it highly enough

Good and friendly staff with a lot of nice tips about Zurich and Region. The reception is a nice bar/cantine where you can find a good breakfast and alternative people from the whole world.

I liked my stay at this hostel, even though I didn't not take advantage of the social activities as I could have. Every night there were groups of people hanging out, so I think this would be good for a solo traveller. I was just too tired to mingle. The combo breakfast was very filling and worth the price. The staff was great about providing suggestions of things to do in Vienna. My favorite part of the city was the free justice palace visit that I wouldn't have known about without guidance.

Really well located if coming from train station or airport but is a bit of a walk from museums and other sites. Some great (affordable) restaurants serving local cuisine nearby, not that the in house bar wasn't cool as well. Staff was great and accommodating. dorms we're clean, safe and comfy. Definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel, unfortunately we were on the other side of the street to reception, bar, garden and common room which meant we didn't really utilise these facilities.

Amazing staff. Plenty if lockers. Close to the metro. Well recommended

Excellent hostel, very well run, staff can advise on the best routes and the what to see cannot fault in anyway! Always made feel very welcome.

• 12th Jul 2014

Great place to stay, so close to a main metro station (great place to get breakfast). Also close to the travelers bar. Free lockers are always helpful! Wish the staff would have told me about the bikes on arrival.

Best hostel i've ever stayed in and i'm not some spokesperson for the company. The staff was very down to earth and knew english very well. The rooms were very clean and modern. The bathroom facilities were great, although the automated lights would sometimes go out and scare the life out of me, literally. There was a bar there so you could unwind at the end of the day and the atmosphere was awesome. Overall it was a great experience and i would totally recommend this hostel to anyone.

THANKS for this lovely review - do come again!

Love this hostel! Great people great fun! Close to train/metro. Easy to find. Close to one of the palaces, but a little far from city center!

The atmosphere of the hostel was so friendly and relaxed that we felt at home straight away! The beautiful garden, free access to play the musical instruments and helpfulness of the staff were all particular highlights. Staff were particularly helpful when we wanted advice on places to eat and visit and especially helpful when we had problems after hiring bikes. Thank you!

• 7th Jul 2014

You're welcome!!! And thank YOU for your review!

A little bit removed from sights but overall an expectinonal place to stay!

Hi, thanks so much for your lovely review - 'exceptional' is an adjective that we certainly like to hear :)! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks, and do come again!

Poor location, not anything to do in the area except waste all of your money on overpriced food and drinks. Staff were nice. Lost my jacket and asked to look at security footage to see if I could find it, was told all the cameras were fake. The rooms were spacious enough and noise was limited which was good but would seek out a hostel that is more central in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7