Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

One of the best hostels I've stayed in yet! Beautiful facilities and excellent staff. Right around the corner from the underground. About an 8 min walk from an Aldis grocery store.

Overall, really good! Location is okay, great little bar with musical instruments to meet and have sing alongs with fellow travellers. Couple of gripes, really small room and no barriers or ladders on the bunks. Did not get a good night sleep as I was aware quite how bad it would be had I fallen off. Friendly staff and great atmosphere, but could possibly find somewhere with bigger rooms closer to the centre for the same price.

My first hostel since I was a 23. (I'm 71 now) Great experience overall -- staff very frienly and warm, knowledgeable, facility great. A good start on a 10-country swing.

• 14th Apr 2014

Need better internet for it didn't work half the time otherwise it was a good hostel.

• 14th Apr 2014

The hostel was bigger than I imagined. A little intomidating for a solo traveller but it was easy to meet people at the bar. Had anything you could need and friendly staff

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is very friendly (especialy the Brazilian guy!) and the atmosphere is great to have fun. The hostel decoration is totally lovely and there are many instruments if you like to play. The kitchen is nice but I really missed an oven (I bought pizza and didn't have where to do it). There are free computers to use and wi-fi works at the bedrooms. Overall experience was great, I would come back any time.

• 7th Apr 2014

I had an amazing stay at this hostel, the fact that they had so many music instruments on which you could show off your talent was just great , you have everything you need even the bar is pretty good, but the hostel has two different buildings so don't be surprised if you are staying across the street from the reception and not in the same building with all the amazing facilities they have.

Great place! There is music everywhere. You can play many instruments at the common area. Rooms are comfortable. I recommend it!

I've been staying in hostels for a long time, and this might easily have been the greatest hostel... ever.

Wow, now THAT'S a compliment! Thank you so much, and DO COME BACK!!!

Easy to find. Good transport. Hostel staff were friendly but didnt give much advice on where to go, But a local bar full of english 50m from hostel which is not really why I went to vienna as I have those at home..25min walk down highstreet to get to real Vienna But plenty of back streets. The toilet seat was dirty whole time we were there and wasnt cleaned next to room but just used another.room spotless, however really tiny. I also emailed before I got there. Got no responce. Shame.

Thank you so much for your review! I’m so sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your stay. We usually try to respond to emails right away, and to keep all parts of our house spotlessly clean. Helping guests to explore Vienna by providing the best information and advice possible is also a top priority around here. I promise, should you decide to come visit us again, you can expect much better service! Thanks again, and happy travelling!

This hostel is a blast! In general, European hostels are not cheap, but what you get for your money here is stunning. Clean and big rooms, free and fast wifi. Awesome and cheap breakfast and a cozy bar / common area. Even the kitchen is clean! The whole hostel gives you a feeling of traditional Austria in a modern way. Lot of wood and soul inside of this hostel. And it is still in "western" walking distance to the centre. I would always come back, when I'm in Vienna. Keep on the good work.

What a lovely review, thanks!!! Please come back and visit us anytime!

Very friendly staff members, super close to the station, and a clean place with a cozy common area with a piano that lots of people play =)

It's a very good Hostel, very clean and safe, has a nice bar, people were cool and it's near the subway. The only problem is the Wifi. It's not so good and works poorly in the rooms.

I was most impressed by the staff, who were very friendly and approachable. They were very kind and compassionate as they let me move into my room early and take a nap after a sleepless night bus ride. They also helped me find a doctor to have my stitches taken out. The hostel was very clean and even the cleaning staff were kind. There must be good management because the staff seemed happy to be working there. Thank you so much! Lovely place :)

I was very impressed with Hostel Ruthensteiner. It was quite easy to find from the train and metro stations, and once we got there the staff were extremely welcoming. Even though some of our booking didn't go through, they were very accommodating. The room itself was clean, only complaint was that the wifi didn't work in our room. But the staff were great and gave us great recommendations for affordable Austrian food and the best routes to get to some of the sights.

• 8th Mar 2014

This place was pretty OK. It's a really big hostel, which I didn't realize from the description, and the atmosphere is much less cozy than I generally go for. Definitely harder to meet people than most places I've stayed. The cleaning lady also loudly bursts into the rooms at like 9AM every morning and wakes you up. It's good for a cheap place to stay, but the feel of the place is not something I'd write home about. Stay here if you like big hostels that feel more like hotels impersonally.

Thank you for your review! I apologize for our overly enthusiastic cleaning crew. ''Bursting'' into rooms at 9AM is inexcusable, and they've promised to hold themselves back from now on! As for our lack of atmosphere, did you visit any of our common areas? Our guests often meet while cooking in our communal kitchen, or over a beer in our cozy bar, or playing our musical instruments together in the common room. I hope you can come back one day and get to know our place better!

A really good place. Although I didn't think the stay was extraordinary, there were no inconveniences or unpleasant experiences at all, which is awesome considering the fact that I'm talking about a hostel.

I think this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in - friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere and location, no need to pay for anything extra (linen, towels, wi-fi - everything included in price...)...

Wow, I'm very glad you had such a nice time here, I hope you can come back for another visit! Spring, for example, is a GREAT time to visit Vienna, with the sunny weather and the easter markets - that's also when our hostel gardens start to bloom :). Thanks so much for taking the time to review us!

Great staff and it was nice to have a bar in the hostel to grab some drinks.

Only here 2 days but I liked it. Very clean, stayed in the single bed room and it was very nice and good price, bigger hostel, a bit impersonal but not impossible to meet other travellers. Staff is okay for info, but maybe could know more than just the typical tourist sights. Breakfast is definitely overpriced but that was my only major issue. Wasn't here long enough to get a great feel for the place, but I enjoyed my short time here. I think it'd be alright for most travellers.

Thanks so much for your review! I do hope you can come back someday and spend a bit more time with us. After enjoying an improv jam session in the common room (guests love to play our piano, ukulele, guitar, bongo drums, etc.), and/or spending an an evening making new friends in our cozy bar, you might not think of our hostel as ''impersonal'' any more! All the best, and happy travelling!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4