Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Very nice people and atmosphere. And the beds were super confortable.

I stayed 4 nights at Ruthensteiner and enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was pleasant and the location was perfect for me.

Great hostel, the atmosphere was amazing most nights - staff were extremely helpful, were always there to help us out with our questions. Would definitely stay again.

The hostel isn't right in the middle of things, but the location is pretty good--only a couple blocks from the Wien Westbahnhoff train station. And the city is reasonably walkable, only requiring a 20 to 30 minute walk to the city center. The hostel itself is beautiful, especially the gardens (though unfortunately only usable until 10pm). The hostel bar is nice and affordable, though it can get crowded and a bit loud at night after the garden closes. The kitchen is well equipped.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • iandeboisblanc

this hostel is lovely (gardens, beautiful patio, clean and useful kitchen, wonderful instruments), but be prepared for a chill atmosphere, less party-inclined and a variety of ages of guests. Some may be put off by the occasional older traveler, but the culture is really mellow, it's clean and honestly one of the loveliest properties I've stayed at

My Friend and I stayed here for 3 nights starting on the 21 June 2014. Right from the off we where made to feel very welcome indeed. The staff where very friendly even if most of them couldnt under stand a word we said (fair enough we have strong scouse accents most english people struggle) the bar man Matt was good for banter. Hostel was very clean. Also small and cosy so easy to get chatting to people from all over the world. Loved it and would defo go back.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great facilities and staff. Musical instruments a great bonus!

Great for solo travellers. Having a bar, garden and instruments leads to a good atmosphere. Staff really smiley and friendly.

I really love this hostel. In my 20 days trip, this is the best i've been stayed !! It's close to the metro, very clean, and not noisy in the night. There are lots of common spaces to use. I love it

THANKS for the LOVE!!!!! We'll hope to see you next time you're in town :).

One of my favorite hostels I've visited in Europe. Clean, good bed, nice kitchen, bar, lovely terrace, quiet when it should be.

This hostel had a very good atmosphere everyone came out for happy hour which was pretty good as well. The location is a bit far from a lot of the Vienna sights, but a metro ticket is worth the money. The facilities are clean and well kept. Overall if I ever return to Vienna I will stay here.

Hi, thanks so much for your review, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place - and our happy hour ;)! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritagesites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks, and do come again!

A great place to stay. Very helpful staff, great facilities (kitchen with two fridges), lovely outside patio., laundry facilities, terrific English signage, grocery stores and restaurants nearby, train station 400 meters away, great locker storage in the room and extra storage on ground floor (free). One of the best hostels in Europe.

• 17th Jun 2014

Wow, thanks for this great review!!! Hope to see you here again soon :).

The rooms were clean and quite spacious. However, it would be nice to have more outlets and more bathrooms for the number of people using them. I also think that the security could be improved for entering the hostel.

- Atmosphere of this hostel was the best I have seen so far - Even tiny details were looked into carefully and facilities were provided for these - Staff are very helpful - NEED MORE FANS IN ROOMS in summers!!! - Flavored water at the entrance, computers with speakers, welcome kit, travel catalogs are all great - Lockers for people after checking out was such good thought - Pretty big common areas/bar is a very nice addition Had a very good time overall. Keep it up and keep improving.

Very conveniently located. Staffs are very friendly. And lockers also very good to keep.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel was clean with all required facilities. Excellent location. Very secure. The only problem for me was that it was too noisy. So if you are a light sleeper its hard to sleep.

Amazing place! Great rooms, lots of bathrooms and showers. Hostel has it's own bar and a huge kitchen with all equipment including a BBQ to make your own food. Great market just around the corner and 2 minute walk from the train station. Clean, great staff who are helpful the moment you arrive. Bike rentals, towels for hire, amazing atmosphere for travellers where we met lots of people every night in the common area and there is a backpacker bar around the corner to meet others

Really nice place! I really enjoyed my stay. :)

Great staff...especially Matt at the bar Excellent location and nice atmosphere

This hostel was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great. It was so easy to meet people! The only issue I had was there was no air conditioning, and it got really hot in the middle of the night. Otherwise, this place was great!

Hi, thanks so much for your review, we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! If you come back to visit us again in the summer months, be sure to ask for an ELECTRIC FAN - our green(er) alternative to air-conditioning - at reception :). All the best, and happy travelling!!!