Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

This was a really nice hostel, comfortable rooms with good facilities including a bar which is great for meeting people if you're travelling solo like I was.

it's a nice place very close to the train station. the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. would definitely recommend it for a few nights stay.

Loved the atmosphere here! The staff were really helpful, and I found the hostel to be great place for solo travelers! However, I had bit of trouble getting the wifi to work in my dorm across the street (but that might have been my phone's fault).

We love solo travellers, so the feeling is mutual! Come back and make some friends here anytime!

Wasn't here too long but it was a nice hostel: really friendly staff, good people there, and well priced.

Loved this hotel,really central to the train station, very clean,great buzz in the bar; Breakfast was beautiful, kitchen and laundry facilities also really good, would def stay here again and will be recommending it to friends;

• 20th Aug 2014

Thanks for the love - come and visit us again soon!!!

Lovely room and facilities. They had a really nice garden you could sit out in, the kitchen was quite large and well equipped and the staff were excellent.

Very friendly staff and dorms had their own bathroom. Close to everything!

Very good if you are coming from the train station, bit of a walk to see the interesting sights in the center.

Nice hostel with lovely staff but lacking in atmosphere for backpackers!

We're so glad you enjoyed our hostel, thanks for the review! We would love any suggestions you can give us to improve our atmosphere, since making backpackers feel at home is a major priority around here! Many guests enjoy our cozy bar, lovely gardens with handmade furniture, giant chess set, free music (provided by guests on our piano, guitars, ukelele, etc.), fully equiped guest kitchen, free herb garden, and so on - but we love guest input! Let us know if you have any ideas!

Great hostel, would definitely recommend it!

No towels. Breakfast is not included in the rate and you have to pay for it separately. Food to be bought for breakfast is not good.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm sorry you didn't like our breakfast selection - we try to offer something for everyone, from fresh baked rolls & bread with all the fixings to cereal & granola (with the option of organic soy milk for the lactose-intolerant) to yogurt and fruit. If there's something we could add to make breakfast more appealing, please do let us know! Also, next time you visit just ask for a towel - they're available at reception for €1. Happy travelling!

I really love this hostel. It's very small, personal, cozy with really nice staff. It has a great kitchen and bar. Lots of solo travellers here so it's very social. Wish I could live here.

Thanks for the love, galledbladder!!! That would be great wouldn't it, a friendly-cozy-hostel-style home, folks to cook with every night, music and conversation in the evenings...the wave of the future maybe... :)

Good location, nice bar in the hostel that allows you to meet other travellers easily. The staffs are friendly to provide many information to the traveller, they also have self-made booklets about the summer concerts and activities in Vienna at night, which is pretty useful!

Really liked this hostel, it's got a proper kitchen and a lovely garden to eat in. Also, a bar which gets pretty busy in the evening and we saw a live acoustic band play one evening which was great. Also, they have a large selection of games/packs of cards to play in the bar. Breakfast should not be so expensive though.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Most helpful and knowledgeable staff, impressive collection of board games, clean and cozy room, musical instruments at the bar... Absolutely enjoyed my stay

Pretty good hostel! Has a bar for chilling and interacting with other people... Staff super friendly and helpful! Also 24 hrs! I recommend!

One of the best hostel I ever stay in. Definitely I super recommend this hostel.

THANKS SO MUCH for the awesome review - and for being a super guest!!! :)

Really good place to stay. Great for solo travellers as well as groups. Staff are really nice and helpful. This is a fairly small and cozy place that helps with atmosphere. I wish the breakfast would run a little longer but I shouldn't complain. I could just get up earlier. Definitely recommend.

Was only there for a night and had to leave early the next morning so didn't really do much at the hostel but it seemed like it had a good vibe and everyone looked like they were making friends and having fun.

Wifi connection was weak in the room