Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Absolutely excellent.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Nice hostel, close to the metro station and restaurants, mini markerts, etc.

Close to westbanhof, has a great kitchen to cook food in with. Happy hour's not that cheap but its convenient. But the biggest severe lack is a tv, meaning a great opportunity for the hostellers in watching thr world cup wasn't there. Nonetheless there are pubs around the place. Solo travellers should note bigger groups and families often stay here.

Hi, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here overall! Just to clear up the matter of GROUPS - unlike many hostels (which often cater to bus-tours and the like), we try to avoid group bookings as much as possible, and only occasionally accept reservations for groups larger than 8. We do this for the same reason we don't have a TV - hostelling is about meeting people, and we do our best to encourage folks to get to know each other! Thanks for your review, and happy travelling!!!

It was little bit hard to find hostel from metro station. Shower box is too small. But the otherthings not bad.

Free wifi throughout entire hostel, lots of lounge spaces, bar, garden areas, lots of really friendly multi-lingual staff and fully equipped kitchen. This place is awesome. Located in a very quiet area. I really liked that the front door was always open and the staff were there 24/7.

Other than the location being far from the city centre (which isn't a problem since it is near a metro stop) this hostel is amazing. The facilities were top notch and the garden and common room were really relaxing.

The staff was really helpful and gave great recommendations. The kitchen and garden were both really nice and the lounge is really cozy!

For years, when I go to Vienna, I've been staying with Ruthensteiner. Sometimes I wonder what the few Viennese hostels with even higher rating are like. :D Free lockers in rooms, ample washing facilities, spotlessly clean, great staff ready to help you with everything (doing great job, guys), 5 min on foot to the underground, safe area, food stores & restaurants. Lately imposed curfew on the guest kitchen (22-8) is not very convenient. The WiFi in the building across the street could be better.

Thanks for your review - we'll be looking forward to seeing you for many years to come! I am sorry about the kitchen curfew - it's an unforunate necessity (the noise from the kitchen was keeping people up in the dorm next door). As for WiFi - our goal is to have perfect wireless in all our rooms, but we haven't worked out all the glitches yet - thanks for alerting us to the problem. Happy traveling!

Wonderful hostel, very social and laid back atmosphere. Loved chilling with other travelers in the gardens and at the bar. It's close to Wien Westbahnhof, so very easy to get to if you're coming from the west, but you'll definitely need to use public transport to go anywhere.

Very nice people and atmosphere. And the beds were super confortable.

I stayed 4 nights at Ruthensteiner and enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was pleasant and the location was perfect for me.

Great hostel, the atmosphere was amazing most nights - staff were extremely helpful, were always there to help us out with our questions. Would definitely stay again.

The hostel isn't right in the middle of things, but the location is pretty good--only a couple blocks from the Wien Westbahnhoff train station. And the city is reasonably walkable, only requiring a 20 to 30 minute walk to the city center. The hostel itself is beautiful, especially the gardens (though unfortunately only usable until 10pm). The hostel bar is nice and affordable, though it can get crowded and a bit loud at night after the garden closes. The kitchen is well equipped.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • iandeboisblanc

this hostel is lovely (gardens, beautiful patio, clean and useful kitchen, wonderful instruments), but be prepared for a chill atmosphere, less party-inclined and a variety of ages of guests. Some may be put off by the occasional older traveler, but the culture is really mellow, it's clean and honestly one of the loveliest properties I've stayed at

My Friend and I stayed here for 3 nights starting on the 21 June 2014. Right from the off we where made to feel very welcome indeed. The staff where very friendly even if most of them couldnt under stand a word we said (fair enough we have strong scouse accents most english people struggle) the bar man Matt was good for banter. Hostel was very clean. Also small and cosy so easy to get chatting to people from all over the world. Loved it and would defo go back.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great facilities and staff. Musical instruments a great bonus!

Great for solo travellers. Having a bar, garden and instruments leads to a good atmosphere. Staff really smiley and friendly.

I really love this hostel. In my 20 days trip, this is the best i've been stayed !! It's close to the metro, very clean, and not noisy in the night. There are lots of common spaces to use. I love it

THANKS for the LOVE!!!!! We'll hope to see you next time you're in town :).

One of my favorite hostels I've visited in Europe. Clean, good bed, nice kitchen, bar, lovely terrace, quiet when it should be.

This hostel had a very good atmosphere everyone came out for happy hour which was pretty good as well. The location is a bit far from a lot of the Vienna sights, but a metro ticket is worth the money. The facilities are clean and well kept. Overall if I ever return to Vienna I will stay here.

Hi, thanks so much for your review, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed our place - and our happy hour ;)! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritagesites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks, and do come again!