Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. They have thought of everything a traveller needs. I would definitely return here!

• 25th Jul 2014

=))) glad to hear our efforts do achieve some results, Eleni!! We would be more than happy to welcome you here again one day! Thank you for staying us =) Hostel Ruthensteiner Team

There was a good atmosphere in this hostel. Every day there were people playing instruments and games in the bar area. My dorm was in a separate building so it felt quite self contained. The facilities were pretty clean. The kitchen was nice, but it's always so busy, though I know this can't be helped. The washing and drying machines were really efficient! My only complaint is that the bunk beds didn't have ladders, being a short person assigned a top bunk - it was an issue.

The only comment about security I would make was that because the locking of the exterior door to our rooms were dependent on the hostel users to operate, the lock is only as good as each individual guest. To improve security (there weren't any problems, but our room was open most of the time), an self-locking lock could be used, one were you would need a key to open it, but not to lock it. That is the only comment. Everything else was awesome.

We found this Hostel average, when were went it was full of 18-21 and was more like a club 18-30 holiday from what we witnessed. On the other hand the facilities were good and use of computers was a bonus, This is really for the younger ones not to sound like an old fart (i'm only 28).

Really nice hostel. Especially the commomroom with all this music instruments, chess and bar is reall nice. Good athmosphere and helpfull stuff. Great located very close to the west trainstation.

The place was clean and well-situated, a little hidden but their welcome email and directions were easy to follow. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything was in good condition. I would stay again in this hostel and recommend it to anyone traveling to Vienna.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The fact the hostel provides several musical instruments for guests to use such as a guitar and piano is a great touch and provides a fantastic atmosphere as these were in use most of the evening. Security is good, the location is great, I would definitely stay here again.

I was in a building across the road from the reception,, the facilities were good, it was cleaned everyday. No air con but a fan in the room was enough to keep it nice. Wifi worked in the room although gets really slow in the evening.Breakfast was good and well priced. Staff were always very helpful with any questions I had. Common areas are lovely to sit and hang out with others. Kitchen and laundry good, although the laundry gets used frequently and you have to wait a while! Would stay again.

Lovely staff! Very helpfull. Excellent atmosphere and nice bar.

• Denmark

Everything was wonderful except that there was no air conditioning. Not really much you can do for that in the short term though. And I guess it only rarely gets quite as hot as it was when we were there.

• 19th Jul 2014

It is good hostel. Not far from the westbahnhof station. The room is so clean, and pretty haha. But at night, there is little bit noisy because of Bar. But not loud.

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and for your choice to stay with us! The bar can get loud sometimes, especially in summertime, when it´s hot and people want to party and celebrate. Knowing that we try our best to keep the noise down and things under control by midnight, in respect for those seeking for a good night sleep ;) Hope you had enjoyed your stay!! Take good care and come back to see us one day!

We initially booked a share private bathroom with three beds and expected to have just a room with three single beds and an attaches bathroom. We didn't expected to get an apartment to ourself with a small garden. The overall stay was enjoyable and wonderful. I would recommend this to my friends and family. Keep up the good work!!

• Malaysia

Fantastic. I've already recommended this place to people.

Great to hear you had a good time with us and thank you very much for not only reviewing us but also recommending us further. We appreciate it!! We would be happy to welcome you back here one day =) Take good care and enjoy the rest of your trip!! Hostel Ruthensteiner Team

The most helpful staff of anywhere we stayed over 3 weeks in Europe, the atmosphere was very cool and welcoming, I cannot recommend it highly enough

You have no idea how happy it makes us to hear something like this!! :) THANK YOU very much!! We always put a lot of effort in making guests happy and your review is the result of it. Come back to visit us one day and enjoy the rest of your journey =) Hostel Ruthensteiner Team

Ruthensteiner is the cleanest, safest, friendly,organized and cheapest hostel I have been in my year in Europe (10 countries in my holidays). I recommend this place to travelers who are looking for a place to relax and meet new people. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They deserve praise.

A very cozy hostel, excellent facilities and great to meet people. Probably the cleanliest and most well equipped kitchen I have come across in my travels. It is a bit far from the main bars and clubs in Vienna, but taxis are relatively inexpensive.

Thank you, Alexander, for choosing to stay with us!! Our cleaning team will be happy to hear your words =) They actually try very hard to keep everything clean and nice for you all the guests. Actually, not being right at the corner from where all the bars and clubs are located, gives you a quieter night sleep ;) Hope to welcome you here in a near future!! Hoste Ruthensteiner Team

I liked my stay at this hostel, even though I didn't not take advantage of the social activities as I could have. Every night there were groups of people hanging out, so I think this would be good for a solo traveller. I was just too tired to mingle. The combo breakfast was very filling and worth the price. The staff was great about providing suggestions of things to do in Vienna. My favorite part of the city was the free justice palace visit that I wouldn't have known about without guidance.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very early checkout time, which can be inconvenient. Lots of lockers for day use. Nice kitchen. Pretty social. Dorm was nice but double room was barely bigger than the bed. Also, note that dorm = one shower, so may have to wait. Location is fine - near some restaurants, but not an area to go out. Easy public transit access though.

Really well located if coming from train station or airport but is a bit of a walk from museums and other sites. Some great (affordable) restaurants serving local cuisine nearby, not that the in house bar wasn't cool as well. Staff was great and accommodating. dorms we're clean, safe and comfy. Definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel, unfortunately we were on the other side of the street to reception, bar, garden and common room which meant we didn't really utilise these facilities.