Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

A very good hostel indeed, great kitchen, very nice communual/bar area to meet other guests. The staff there are extremely helpful and polite, the breakfast they provide is fairly decent too, if I return back to Vienna one day I think I would stay there again.

noisy because of wooden floor and doors

• 6th Dec 2013

Reception greeting initially was a little too matter of fact. Perhaps a language barrier. Other wise generally comfortable.

I can't speak highly enough about this hostel. The live music in the lounge...the endlessly helpful staff...the stellar facilities...I only wish that I had been staying in a place like this the whole trip!

• 29th Nov 2013

Excellent hostel with really friendly helpful staff. Good, cheap breakfast, free wifi and lockers and a nice feel to the place. Really close to a U bahn stop.

• 29th Nov 2013

Really really nice place! Great for solotravelers and for anyone who enjoy music.

I loved staying in this hostel. It was warm and welcoming, with excellent proximity to other fun things in the city and the place itself was comfortable enough to enjoy unwinding in in the evenings. The only cons I can think of were that we couldn't access wifi in our room--they have a generous supply of wifi on the ground floor though.

• 23rd Nov 2013

I spent there just one night and I was satisfied - it is a smaller friendly hostel with nice atmosphere.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

staffs are very nice, good bar inside, and reasonable breakfast. it was great staying there!

Everything there was great (location, rooms, staff, security). Recommended!

Really nice hostel with extremely nice staff. A good place to meet other travelers as well as enjoying quiet, relaxing times. The Hostel is in a nice area with shops around and the metro station is close by. We stayed with 8 people and all enjoyed it a lot.

Great location, super friendly staff, and very clean! Great value especially for a quick stay. Room was small but practical. Cool bar area in the lobby. 20 min walk to the city center, and just a block from the metro. Easy access to airport transportation.

Clean, handy to train station with signs along the way. 20min walk along main shopping street into town. Friendly atmosphere and people.

it is always a pleasure staying at Ruthensteiner. It is one of the best hostels I know. Congratulations - go on like that.

Great Hostel !! Highly recommend. It was nice and clean, nice bar and great staff ! Oh yeah, lets not forget, great price !

• 8th Nov 2013

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere. I liked the kitchen and self service laundry room. Ended up having a great stay and making lots of new friends.

Great, cozy little place overall. Location is a bit out of the way, but with the metro and bike rentals, it was not really that much of a problem. Place was relatively clean and the common area was very nice and cozy.

This was the best hostel I have stayed at so far on my travels. Loved the atmosphere in the bar/dining area and I loved my room. Very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• 8th Nov 2013

It is a simple and acceptable hostel. The showers are quite small. The annoying thing is the "eco" aspect, where they have lights in the showers that turn off after a few minutes, so you are in the dark in a shower. We liked that it was fairly relaxed, not really a party atmosphere. We were in a 4 bed dorm. The location is good, but still 5-10 mins walk from the metro. I probably would try somewhere else next time though.

Great stay, very helpful staff. I was in Vienna on a conference and found the staff to have everything I could have wanted - towels, an iron etc... Would recommend to anyone.

• 3rd Nov 2013