Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

A great place to stay. Very helpful staff, great facilities (kitchen with two fridges), lovely outside patio., laundry facilities, terrific English signage, grocery stores and restaurants nearby, train station 400 meters away, great locker storage in the room and extra storage on ground floor (free). One of the best hostels in Europe.

• 17th Jun 2014

Wow, thanks for this great review!!! Hope to see you here again soon :).

The rooms were clean and quite spacious. However, it would be nice to have more outlets and more bathrooms for the number of people using them. I also think that the security could be improved for entering the hostel.

Great place to meet new people, and the staff were great, thanks! :)

- Atmosphere of this hostel was the best I have seen so far - Even tiny details were looked into carefully and facilities were provided for these - Staff are very helpful - NEED MORE FANS IN ROOMS in summers!!! - Flavored water at the entrance, computers with speakers, welcome kit, travel catalogs are all great - Lockers for people after checking out was such good thought - Pretty big common areas/bar is a very nice addition Had a very good time overall. Keep it up and keep improving.

Very conveniently located. Staffs are very friendly. And lockers also very good to keep.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel was clean with all required facilities. Excellent location. Very secure. The only problem for me was that it was too noisy. So if you are a light sleeper its hard to sleep.

Amazing place! Great rooms, lots of bathrooms and showers. Hostel has it's own bar and a huge kitchen with all equipment including a BBQ to make your own food. Great market just around the corner and 2 minute walk from the train station. Clean, great staff who are helpful the moment you arrive. Bike rentals, towels for hire, amazing atmosphere for travellers where we met lots of people every night in the common area and there is a backpacker bar around the corner to meet others

Really nice place! I really enjoyed my stay. :)

Great staff...especially Matt at the bar Excellent location and nice atmosphere

This hostel was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great. It was so easy to meet people! The only issue I had was there was no air conditioning, and it got really hot in the middle of the night. Otherwise, this place was great!

Hi, thanks so much for your review, we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! If you come back to visit us again in the summer months, be sure to ask for an ELECTRIC FAN - our green(er) alternative to air-conditioning - at reception :). All the best, and happy travelling!!!

Probably one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in!!! The staff even asked me on my way out where I was headed and gave me a map for my next city!!! You have to stay here!

THANK YOU!!! This review made our day!

Great hostel! Loved the atmosphere and it's bar nights.

Need directiions from bus station as well as rail

Thank you for taking the time to review us! For your next visit: we have directions to our hostel from all major train AND bus stations in Vienna on our website under ''location'': http://www.hostelruthensteiner.com/location-we-are-ideally-located-close-to-the-trainstation-and-metro/. Happy travelling!

The hostel is located in the middle of the city. The staffs are really kind. But the only thing is for three peoples we stayed is very little place in the room to move arround...If the room is little bit big it will be really nice.

This hostel was pretty perfect - good location close to Westbahnhof, amazing gardens and social atmosphere, and very nice room and bathroom layout. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Loved having the musical instruments in the common area, allowed for a really nice sense of community

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

I have to say, WE love having MUSICIANS in the common area :) - come visit us again sometime soon! And thanks for your review!!!

Location isn't downtown, but is next to major train station. Located between downtown, and the gardens, which is somewhat convenient. Kind of loud at night, really no complaints though. Not the greatest, not the worst. But very livable

Clean and comfortable place to stay. Very nice common area and patio to enjoy. Good places to eat and shop near to the hostel, Really helpful staff.

Great place to stay! Very chill place with a social atmosphere and quite hours after 10. Good place for a rest.

After reading such stellar reviews of this hostel, my expectations were very high and maybe for that reason I was a bit disappointed. I have stayed at many hostels and the facilities were very average to me. There was a nice common area, but it was not that bit and often packed with people, making it very noisy. It seemed like in the two nights that I was there the bathrooms were never cleaned. I stayed in a six person room which was very small. The staff was the one bright light- very friendly!

Hi, thanks for your review! We like to think that our facilities - which include a variety of musical instruments for guest use, a fully equipped kitchen, 2 lovely gardens with free herbs for cooking, bike rentals, free computers, free WiFi, and even a giant chess set, are at least a bit above average ;). I'm sorry if the common spaces were too lively during your stay (things do pick up on warm weekends) - come back off-season, or even mid-week, for a more peaceful atmosphere! Happy travelling!