Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Well, these guys are so good that they spoiled me for any other hostel. When the staff (Steve and Eliska - specially) talks to you and smiles at you, you see that their acts are earnest and real. That makes all the difference. It's almost next to the station, walking distance to the Schonbrunn, is secure, clean and they rest good cycles too. It was a good decision.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

I can't feel any uncomfortable! Everything is good! That's just little far from some attraction, But very close to station!

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, very clean. Great location for the subway/train station where the airport shuttle can drop you off, and it's in a quieter area. My friend and I felt very welcome and safe. Would definitely stay here again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in yet! Beautiful facilities and excellent staff. Right around the corner from the underground. About an 8 min walk from an Aldis grocery store.

This place was the best place in Europe by far! The place was spotless and the kitchen was great. The bar was good with ok standard prices and with everyone just chilling jamming on the instruments it was an awesome vibe

My friend and I spent three nights at this hostel and found it to be a very pleasant experience. We had a private room and although the size of the room was very small, it was okay since we spent most of our time in the downstairs bar area (very cozy and people hang out/play music) or the computer room with free internet access. There's even a great happy hour every evening where you can get beer/cocktails for 2-4 Euros. We loved that it was in a very safe location and close to the metro/trams.

• 14th Apr 2014

Overall, really good! Location is okay, great little bar with musical instruments to meet and have sing alongs with fellow travellers. Couple of gripes, really small room and no barriers or ladders on the bunks. Did not get a good night sleep as I was aware quite how bad it would be had I fallen off. Friendly staff and great atmosphere, but could possibly find somewhere with bigger rooms closer to the centre for the same price.

Thanks for your review! I have to say we've yet to have a guest fall out of bed :) - but please next time do let us know that you prefer the bottom bunk! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in the center city (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train/metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage Sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks & do come again!

My first hostel since I was a 23. (I'm 71 now) Great experience overall -- staff very frienly and warm, knowledgeable, facility great. A good start on a 10-country swing.

I'm so glad you chose Hostel Ruthensteiner as the place to re-start your hostelling career :)! Thanks for your fantastic review, and happy travelling!!!

Need better internet for it didn't work half the time otherwise it was a good hostel.

Hi, thanks so much for your review! I'm sorry about the problems you had with the internet during your stay - the router in your section of the building was giving us some problems for a few days. It's now up and running again, and the WiFi is working perfectly everywhere! Thanks for staying with us, and happy traveling!!!

Helpful receptionists, easy to find the hostel from train station, clean and good atmosphere

Great atmosphere. One of my favorite hostels. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. A bit far to go by walking from the museums the city centre itself, but there is a tram stop really close to the hostel.

The hostel was bigger than I imagined. A little intomidating for a solo traveller but it was easy to meet people at the bar. Had anything you could need and friendly staff

One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in. With an excellent kitchen facility, tables for travelers to share a meal/bottle of wine, happy hour bar, available city guide books for all parts of Europe, computer lab, informative staff , etc. etc. The hostel's a great find and definitely a must stay when visiting Vienna!

Great hostel... Very clean and staff very helpful. Only thing rooms were tiny as can be and wifi cut out in the room as well.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff is very friendly (especialy the Brazilian guy!) and the atmosphere is great to have fun. The hostel decoration is totally lovely and there are many instruments if you like to play. The kitchen is nice but I really missed an oven (I bought pizza and didn't have where to do it). There are free computers to use and wi-fi works at the bedrooms. Overall experience was great, I would come back any time.

• 7th Apr 2014

I had an amazing stay at this hostel, the fact that they had so many music instruments on which you could show off your talent was just great , you have everything you need even the bar is pretty good, but the hostel has two different buildings so don't be surprised if you are staying across the street from the reception and not in the same building with all the amazing facilities they have.

Very clean hostel however is was incredibly dull and long term stayers and elderly travellers seem to be the main occupants. Perfect for a short stay if you are just passing through Vienna and not looking to socialise.

Great place! There is music everywhere. You can play many instruments at the common area. Rooms are comfortable. I recommend it!

I've been staying in hostels for a long time, and this might easily have been the greatest hostel... ever.

Wow, now THAT'S a compliment! Thank you so much, and DO COME BACK!!!

Easy to find. Good transport. Hostel staff were friendly but didnt give much advice on where to go, But a local bar full of english 50m from hostel which is not really why I went to vienna as I have those at home..25min walk down highstreet to get to real Vienna But plenty of back streets. The toilet seat was dirty whole time we were there and wasnt cleaned next to room but just used another.room spotless, however really tiny. I also emailed before I got there. Got no responce. Shame.

Thank you so much for your review! I’m so sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your stay. We usually try to respond to emails right away, and to keep all parts of our house spotlessly clean. Helping guests to explore Vienna by providing the best information and advice possible is also a top priority around here. I promise, should you decide to come visit us again, you can expect much better service! Thanks again, and happy travelling!