Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great Hostel. Best I've stayed in Austria. Convenient location to Westbanhof and central Vienna. Good English speaking Staff!

• 6th Aug 2014

Possibly my favourite hostel that I've been to so far. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The hostel has a friendly atmosphere, and it is easier to meet other travellers. The bar and the outside seating area are particularly nice and not too loud.

Very helpful staff. Nice facilities and reasonable breakfast.

The hostel was excellent, great vibe, facilities and room. The staff were very helpful and friendly and always available. The communal areas of the hostel were really good and helped create a good atmosphere where it was easy to meet other people and have a good time. The only downsides were the quiet rule from 2200, however this is not limited to this hostel and is a rule for Vienna in general, and as a smoker the hostel doesn't want you to use the outside areas so you have to go on the street.

Would recommend to friends and family

• 4th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The courtyard provided a lovely opportunity for guests to meet and relax and was therefore a definite highlight. The downside was that the beds were so short that you were unable to sit on them comfortably.

I don't normally write reviews but the place is too good. First, very clean facilities, good atmosphere (chill out or party) close location to train station and all that stuff.the best part is all of the staff are nice; I was stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way of contact so I missed my first night. Eliška (such a sweetheart) talked to her manager (dude with a sick ponytail) and they cleared it with a smile, not charging me. Such a nice staff, and everything else is great too!

• 4th Aug 2014

Great hostel, the bedrooms were clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was available for very reasonable prices at reception which was very handy. There was also a large well equipped kitchen and even free fresh herbs from the garden. The outside courtyard is a lovely place to just sit around, as is the bar area. Unfortunately there were no fans in the rooms, so they got a little hot but overall this is a great hostel with all the facilities you could need!'

This was a good hostel with a nice garden. I only stayed there one night. The bar closes a bit early and it is not so clean compared to the other hostels in town. Still its a good hostel but more for having some sleep and relaxing in the garden.

Very close to the main station, but not so good for the museums and "pretty part" of town. The breakfast is also a bit on the feeble side. That being said, the hostel looks immaculate and is well maintained. Pleasant staff. Cheap bar. Pretty floral arrangements. Beds don't creak etc. Plug for every bed. Decent power shower and other bathroom facilities both inside the rooms and in the halls.

Overall a nice stay, good facilities such as chess, musical instruments, great garden. Some staff at times were quiet moody and it was lacking things such as walking tours. The breakfast and hot drinks were expensive for what it was.

More like a hotel with pleasant outlook and relaxing environment, very big common areas with nice gardens. Helpful staffs, rooms are big have lockers, facilities are clean but showers sometimes gets flooded, well mostly because of irresponsible guests! But definitely a top place to stay.

I really can't say enough about this hostel. The gardens were lovely, the common areas were bright, cozy and made it easy to meet people. The showers were great. The best thing was the service though: my bag was lost in transit and the number I was given didn't work. Monika at the front desk researched every possible email address to write to for me, and periodically called through the day. In the meantime, they gave me spare chargers, towels, and sympathy. I loved everything about this hostel.

Had a nice one night stay, the bar and lounge area is awesome.

I loved my stay here, kitchen is great and has a communal food area with spices etc. The garden is beautiful and there are musical instruments in the common area for everyone to use and lots of games which makes it super sociable and easy to meet people! Had a small incident when the staff didn't give us our deposit back for our keys but this was sorted in the end by the manager and overall the staff were lovely. The facilities are great with private, clean bathrooms in the rooms. Great place :)

Really lovely place, if a bit of a walk from the center. Staff were always kind and accommodating. The bar downstairs was a nice place with good specials. Our room was quite tiny - it barely fit a double bed with a small walkway by the door - but the bed was so comfortable I really couldn't complain. They clearly worked hard to keep it clean but the bathrooms tended to get trashed overnight. Not their fault and it was always clean in the morning, but still unpleasant in the meantime.

A big hostel, but comfy and pretty clean. Nice outdoor courtyard, good facilities but quite far from Vienna centre.

I loved Hostel Ruthensteiner. The staff was friendly and helpful - gave me great advice about getting around, getting to my next destination, and helped me out when I was having issues with currency. The hostel itself is a decent size, its not a party hostel, its very warm, homey, and relaxing. I appreciated that there were quiet hours imposed. It was a great place to relax and chill after a long day of site seeing. The breakfast was nice too.

Common area is nice.

I would prefer this hostel over any hotel I've been in. I'm confident that you won't find anything nearly as nice, even for double the price of Hostel Ruthensteiner. I stayed in a twin private and we had a living room/kitchen, a nice bathroom, a large bedroom with nice beds, and a large, well-kept garden on the balcony. The kitchen had dishes and silverware, fridge/freezer, a stove, and everything was perfect. It is well beyond it's price in value.

Happy to hear you had a good time with us, Stephen!! The room with the balcony you have stayed in is one of the nicest ones, so luck you ;) If you ever come back to Vienna, we would be happy to welcome you at the hostel again! Warm regards and enjoy the rest of your trip. Hostel Ruthensteiner Team