Hostel Ruthensteiner Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great place to stay! Very chill place with a social atmosphere and quite hours after 10. Good place for a rest.

After reading such stellar reviews of this hostel, my expectations were very high and maybe for that reason I was a bit disappointed. I have stayed at many hostels and the facilities were very average to me. There was a nice common area, but it was not that bit and often packed with people, making it very noisy. It seemed like in the two nights that I was there the bathrooms were never cleaned. I stayed in a six person room which was very small. The staff was the one bright light- very friendly!

Hi, thanks for your review! We like to think that our facilities - which include a variety of musical instruments for guest use, a fully equipped kitchen, 2 lovely gardens with free herbs for cooking, bike rentals, free computers, free WiFi, and even a giant chess set, are at least a bit above average ;). I'm sorry if the common spaces were too lively during your stay (things do pick up on warm weekends) - come back off-season, or even mid-week, for a more peaceful atmosphere! Happy travelling!

Far away from the city center, budget 30min to get to anywhere in center Vienna. Nice kitchen, bar, and sitting area and lovely people. Clean rooms, but a very large hostel so easy to miss people. Having previously stayed in 3-4 small hostels before this was an adjustment but it was still easy to meet people in the lounge in the evening (which was nice since i was travling alone)

We loved Hostel Ruthensteiner! The beds were amazing and the facilities were so clean. It was super close to the train station Wien WestBonhof and walking distance to all of the major sites in Vienna! We also felt super safe and the staff was very helpful. We loved the 24 hr reception and free lockers.

We love the love :)! THANKS for your review!!!

A great place to stay in Vienna. The staff couldn't be more attentive, helpful and friendly showing us the points of interest on the map and helping with public transport. The bar is a great place to meet fellow travellers and the atmosphere here was second to none. Very clean hostel in a central location with access to all major city centre sights. Would definitely stay here again if I were to return to Vienna. The instruments also provided great entertainment!

THANK YOU for taking the time to write this lovely review!!! Come back and play our instruments again anytime :). All the best, and happy travelling!

Great experience!! Our room was very spacious and clean, plus the beds were comfortable. The staff was very helpful and had awesome recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. The location near Westbanhof station is great, the u bahn goes everywhere. The hostel happy hour is perfect for meeting other travellers, we even ran into some friends from ruthensteiner one night in prague a week later! Wish we could have stayed longer! Highly recommend.

We wish you could have stayed longer, too :)! THANKS for your lovely review, and do come again!

It was my first hostel experience (out of 3 that I had during my trip in Europe) and I find it the best of all. The facilities and space were great! Staffs were really helpful and friendly. They have free internet usage, a nice lounge, bar and dinning area to chill out. Loved that they had musical instruments around to play with. Location wise was good - within 5 minutes walk from westbahnhof and easy to locate. It is tucked in a nice quiet area.

The staff were helpful and the facilities were great. I loved the free herbs from the garden and lovely cooking and outdoor dining area. Each bed has its own plug and light which was really nice. The atmosphere is great--its a good place to hangout and talk to people. The breakfast prices were reasonable and the multitude of free services (lockers in the room and for luggage storage, internet, herbs, seasonings, etc.) were great. Its a bit of a walk to any of the big sights but its not too bad.

Thanks so much for this review - I LOVE it when guests get creative with our herb garden :)! We hope to see you here again sometime - happy travelling!

Very good hostel. Helpful staff and close to everything.

I spent in this hostel just one night with my friends, but everything was great. I highly recommend this place for everyone and next time in Vienna I´ll book this place for sure.

• 24th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Thanks so much for your review - we'll be looking forward to your return visit!!!

hostel and staff were great but as the place had a bar...which was good...was a bit roudy at night. i would definately come here if i was 10 yeares yonger

Loved it. Amazing building, great staff.

Good location! I like the fact that they have a bathroom and sink in the female dorm. It is very convenient for girls.

Staff was very friendly especially one female staff which I met on the day of check in whom offered as much help as she could to locate sufficient information for me regarding my plan for the coming days. It is saddening that some pages of travel books offered by the hostel were torn away though. I particularly like the idea that they offer lockers for guests' free use for luggage storage. This is even much better than the average hotel. Also, wifi signal is strong enough everywhere.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we're so glad you enjoyed your stay here! And yes, we also don't like it very much when pages disappear from our travel guides - we can only hope that they're being put to good use ;). Do come again, and happy travelling!

Definitely my favourite hostel ever! Would have rated more than 'excellent' if the option was there! Such a great atmosphere and the staff couldn't be nicer! ' I will be back!'

WE LOVE SUPERLATIVES! Your more-than-excellent review just made our day - do come back soon!

This is the definition of a hostel! So great! ! Mostly because of their fantastic indoor and outdoor common rooms, which are amazing places to meet new people. Also the staff is really great and helpful. Only drawback is the few showers.

Was promised room on ground floor so my partner could go out to smoke.It didnt happen,Room was tiny/Bed was creaky if you even slightly moved./ Wouldn't accept Cr.Card on arrival so I had to go and find a bank machine after travelling 4 and a half hours and being wrecked./ Light in bathroom went out if there was no movement in the bathroom so if you were in the shower away from the sensor you were left in pitch black. I loved the main building but we were put in the building across the road

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us! I’m very sorry that you weren’t satisfied with your stay - but you’ve given us an excellent to-do list here, and future guests will certainly benefit from your feedback. Thanks again, and happy travelling!

Everything was great except for their showers. They would shut off every 30 seconds and were very frustrating to use.

Hi, thanks so much for writing- I'm very sorry to hear that you had problems with our showers! Our system is designed to conserve water (an important part of minimizing our impact on the environment) - the timer settings, however, do occasionally malfunction, resulting in a short cycle. The timer for the showers on your floor have since been reset- I apologize that we didn’t notice the problem during your stay! I’m so glad to hear that you had a good time with us otherwise- do come again!

Friendly and helpful staff, great bar, very social atmosphere. Easy to meet other travelers. Rooms are clean, sheets are very clean. Kitchen is huge. I enjoyed it so much, I stayed here twice!

Thanks for your review, Chelsea! Friendly guests make for a friendly hostel - thanks for helping us keep up our atmosphere! Come back anytime!!!

This is a great place for younger individuals or older individuals who pack light and do not mind being awake til the early morning. Staff are very helpful and courteous.

• 19th May 2014