Hostel San Marino Reviews

Via 28 Luglio,224, Borgo Maggiore, San Marino, San Marino

A great hostel! In particular, breakfast and the showers were great, and the staff were helpful and friendly. The location is not convenient for getting to or from the historic centre, with buses not often enough and (at least during September) stopping service at 8pm, and while the walk downhill is ok if you know where you're going (40 mins) I got lost pretty much every time, and didn't even try walking uphill for the steep slope. A great hotel, just plan your trip around the buses.

Hostel was good. Directions weren't great. If you're on the bus from Rimini then you want the bus stop immediately after the alfa romeo dealer. The yellow bar on the opposite side of the road is the hostel. If you get to the swimming pool you have gone too far. It is a five minute walk down hill along the side of the main road.

Cute place, very clean, very friendly and helpful staff :) only downside is that it's on the side of a major road and there's only one bus line that goes to and from outside (and only once an hour or so).

It is essentially a classic youth hostel. It is not in the city center but there is a reduced parking fee if you go there by car. We have come by car and it was all right, but I guess if you use public transportation, it might be much more tiresome to get around. Breakfast was basic, but nothing to complain about.

I believe this hostel is the only hostel in San Marino. The facilities were very clean overall and the staff provided me with sheets and towels. It was nice. The breakfast was okay, nothing special though. It was free so I can't complain. Hostel seemed pretty empty to me. Also, the location of the hostel about 2-3 miles from the historic downtown of the city. The 30 min walk uphill is pretty and the McDonald's at the corner sells great milkshakes for only 1 Euro. You can't possibly beat that.

Guy from reception charged me tax without explanation and charged me linen - it was not noticed during my booking. Every time I had some objection, he replied that he does not understand English.

It is far from the downtown, you need to walk like 30 minutes by a climbed hill...

We stayed 2 nights in Hostel San Marino - nice place, very summery. "Misplaced" a few of our belongings in the room. We can only assume they've gone to a better place now (or, more likely, with our charming, spreadeagled ever-sleeping roommate Chuck). We certainly hope he enjoys them. Super fun fact: the decor is just incredible. Whoever painted THAT view of Sorrento was clearly in the prime of their career. We enjoyed looking at it. All 44 of them.

• 13th Jun 2015

good average hostel, great option given how expensive San Marino can be very clean and great facilities, staff was not very friendly

good place to stay! cheap and clean! the location is a plus!

• 15th May 2015