Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

1955 Total Reviews

Great stay and excellent value. Will be back although be aware that the rooms are not accessible between 10.30 and 15.00 for cleaning.

Great stay here! If your in the room Badesse you can hear the opera every night. Would stay again!

The location of the hostel is spot-on: very close to the city center and easy enough to find. The staff was wonderful and the beds were clean as clean could be. Slept in a room with 15 other girls, and it didn't feel cramped, humid, smelly, or musty at all! My only complaint is that there is no soap in the bathrooms, nor hand drying services (towels, dryers, etc.). Other than that though, good hostel!

Mixed dorm was not bad. Need own lock for lockers. Only complaint would be no soap in shower/toilet area which is a bit not hygienic for those that don't have their own. Many would just walk out without washing their hands. Gross! Also had problems with WiFi the lady night there. Other than that great place! Would recommend

Very small kitchen which was annoying, you need to get in early. And having no aircon wasn't ideal as it was quite hot, they did have fans though. However it was in quite a good location, within walking distance to everything. Cheers

Nice hostel. The upper bed too low and bathroom far away.

Second time I've stayed here, the first time my bag was stolen before I got there and the staff really helped me to sort everything out. I went back again this year and it's just as nice if not better. Computers, okay kitchen, big common area with comfy beds. In a nice part of Florence, 10-15 minute walk to main square

The bedroom and bathroom weren't clean. Staffs are really friendly and location is good. I wouldn't stay there again.

Place is great; rooms are a little bigger than I would prefer but it wasn't a problem. Coed rooms are interesting. All in all it was a great experience

This is one of the cheaper hostels I found and you get what you pay for - fine for sleeping ect. but all in all pretty average. The staff were generally pretty helpful and it's in a good location

The wifi really doesn't work at all which can be very frustrating when you are trying to travel for a while and book things as you go.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, making us feel at home!

• 12th Sep 2015

A friend and I stayed here and had no troubles. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. We only stayed in a four bed dorm so I can not comment on what it was like comparing them to the other reviews. The wifi luckily reached our room but I did notice others had to sit in the main area for the wifi. Not being allowed in your rooms for cleaning was a bit of a pain too. But overall a good stay and somewhere to sleep!

Some of the staff are very friendly and approachable, but not all. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. You're given sheets and expected to make your own bed. Although there was no AC there was a fan provided in the room. There are lockers to use and you can use the padlock with a €5 deposit (returned once the padlock is returned). I used their bike rental service which cost €5 for 6 hours which is pretty good. Overall it was a pleasant stay and a pretty good hostel.

• 11th Sep 2015

The building was cool and your staff was exclent. However, the Hostel was so dusty and moldy that it made me sick. I started sneezing and coughing. When I would leave the building i stared to feel better. Plus there was no soap inhe bathroom and the WiFi didn't work. I know this is not in your control, but The youger group of 15/16 year olds turned me off. They left the kitchen a mess, alcohol bottles eveywhere, and they were loud and annoying.

Wonderful hostel , the atmosphere, cleaness and in the city center. Great staff😃

Grazie caro Ospite, Welcome back:))

Very friendly and helpful staff. For the price it was a great stay! I would highly recommend it

• 4th Sep 2015
  • kendallcrews

Showers were cold, no where to put your stuff or get dressed but were clean. Not much of a social atmosphere, but can meet people on the terrace if you're lucky. Lock out at 2am was definately an issue, having to come home early when having a good night was a shame. However it's a good price for what you get; free wifi, use of computers and kitchen. Staff are very nice and helpful. Would say again as it is worth the price for such a good location in Florence; was walking distance to all sights.

The room for two is huge and so very comfortable, although the space inside the room is almost empty. It could be used to make the room even nicer, maybe.

Everything are very good besides the mattress is kinda old. The location is nice 20 minutes to duomo by walk. You can use kitchen and fridge. I particularly like the musica event next to the hostel. Every or every two day in the evening there will be an opera. La cucina e bagni sono polito. Mi piace molto.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7