Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

1900 Total Reviews

Was a great hostel, very friendly, the rooms were pretty hot though and having to be out between 10 and 2 was annoying, one of our favourite places to stay though so far!

I enjoyed my time here. The fact that it's an old monastery adds some charm to the facilities and it's not far from all the main stuff. I would definitely stay here again.

Really nice hostel in a good location, the kitchen facilities are great and the bathrooms are nice and clean. The staff were okay, not very helpful, but the other guests were lovely and it had a fun atmosphere.

The staff is really helpful. Also, It is very nice building.

We strongly disliked this hostel. We were staying in a large dormitory room and it was incredibly hot. There were sixteen girls staying in this room, and the windows did not open, so the body heat was incredible and horrible. The staff was okay. They were pleasant and friendly, but not particularly helpful about sightseeing. The kitchen was too small for the amount of people who were staying in the hostel. Also, the walls were paper thin and you could hear the loud city throughout the night.

Good location. There was no air conditioning. The hostel was extremely hot every night and it was almost impossible to sleep.

Enjoyed my stay here. Not a far walk from the main attractions. Nice kitchen area. Hot in the summer (like anywhere else without A/C in the rooms). Wifi is a little slow.

I went during a busy time of year and very hot so accommodations will be different. overall you get what you pay for..

Ruined the experience of Florence. No air con in 39° weather, says it all. At least we got a locker.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The principal problem of this hostel is: no air conditioning, not even in the common rooms and the fans in the rooms don't work properly, it was almost impossible to sleep because it was so hot.

• 7th Aug 2015

Great location, nice staff, really good kitchen facilities and I met some cool people there BUT the heat in that place was absolutely unbearable, you would swear as soon as you stepped out of the shower and the rooms with 16 people were awful! So I would end up sitting in the uncomfy dining room for hours which was slightly cooler. Such a shame because it could be great I just really think they need to sort the temperature out. I've never left a bad review before and I feel terrible but :/

Because there is no air conditioning and very few windows, the rooms get very hot. The bathroom shower turns off after about 30 seconds so you need to keep starting it again and the bathroom is pretty far from the room. Also, the hostel is attached to some sort of church where there is an opera singer so for three of the nights that I was there it sounded as if there was someone singing opera in my room until around 11pm.

It was a really great place, with an excellent atmosphere. The facilities themselves were fine, though it would have been nice having air conditioning in the rooms (it was actually very hot at night and I'm from Australia so I should know). The hostel isn't in the best location, with it being about a half hour walk from the city centre. Though other than that, my stay here was very pleasant.

Pros: easy to meet people, good social environment. Close to the city and a 10 minute walk to the bus/train station. Grocery store right next door! Cons: didn't sleep a wink because it was insanely hot. Normally I don't give bad reviews, but this was extreme. Bathrooms are even hotter. Staff was rude, always treating me as a kid, instead of a guest. Kitchen was very dirty, no clean dishes ever. They close the rooms from 10-2, you'd thinks they'd be able to do a better job cleaning it.

Dear, it is sad when a guest is not well with us thank you for your stay, just speak with us about the bathroom, the kitchen,.. our guests are so important for us, not kids...

Hostel was really well located, just a short walk across the river to the centre of Florence. It had a good kitchen and a nice little roof terrace. Very hot at night. Overall the good stay though!

• 5th Aug 2015

Comfortable stay except at night when everything caught fire. Reprieve can be sought on the green terrace :)

set between a supermarket(small) and a nightly opera performance. I loved the Oltrano and found access to the 'main' part of florence easy

This hostel was adequate but we stayed here in the summer and it was so hot! I made sleeping almost impossible. The kitchen and dining area were nice, but you had to leave your room everyday between 10am-2pm for cleaning and couldn't get back upstairs which was very inconvenient

• 4th Aug 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for your stay, during the closing time upstairs, you can go in your rooms if you stop at the reception, we open for you. Welcome back :)

Good location but other than that bad place to be. Rooms are unbearably hot in summer, it is bad making people sleep in that heat without aircon or at least more fans. Toilets are really far from the dorms, and looked really unclean as well as having no soap. The staff, other than 1 younger guy who was there our first night, are unfriendly, not particularly helpful either. find somewhere else.

Dear Guest, Santa Monaca Staff is always available for any request, we are sorry that you don't feel good with us.

We had a pleasant stay, and the location was excellent! We only stayed one night, but found the service was great and it was ideal for us when in Florence.

• 2nd Aug 2015