Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

The hostel has a large dining/seating area providing a great atmosphere and chance to meet other guests. Good kitchen facilities, great location. Two flaws, one was the lack of decent aircon. Sharing a room with 11 other people in mid 20s meant for little sleep. The other was only having one plug socket for a room of 12. It wasn't a major problem due to loads of sockets in the dining area, however more in the room would've been appreciated. Free towels were a bonus. Overall a really good stay

I stayed in 10 mixed dorm, overall it is a good value for cheap price. But I can't stand of the heat at night, I should suggest to put 1/2 more fan bigger Window for the air circulation. It's a good place to make friends, because you have kitchen and dining room to stay.. What I like from this hostel is very helpful and friendly staff..☺️

it was one of the nice hostel when think about price. staff and location is really good but facility is somehow bad especially shower room but not too much! it could be worthful to stay here.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I really liked this place, it was right next to a small grocery store and away from the touristy areas. Bummer though that they have curfew and lock you out of the rooms from 10am - 2pm and more air circulation in the toilet/shower room would have been nice, waaaay to hot in there!

Rooms were very hot at night but staff was helpful and it's nice to have a big kitchen and dining area to use. The hostel is within walking distance of everything too. Overall fairly good stay, not the best hostel but definitely not the worst!

Amazing location! Only complaints are there's only one power point in our room of 10. Showers are poor, male showers have normal tap, female have self timing tap.

• 11th Jul 2014

There were a lot of mosquitos in our room. The kitchen wasn't clean. I found it a bit expensive for what it was worth. There was one plug in our room of 8 people, so that wasn't the best. Pretty good location though, easy to walk everywhere.

I'm not a big fan of big hostels and this is one of them. Hey have a huge building with lots of rooms that they rent. The building is old style as everything else in Florence. There was only one plug in my room to charge my phone, which was a bummer, but then they have a big social room on the first floor where they have plenty of them. Staff was very friendly, they speak english and some of them even Spanish. Good place overall.

Great location, good atmosphere and cheap.

Thank you dear guest, welcome back ::))

The staff was very kind and helpful; the room and bathroom facility was clean and tidy. I felt welcome, eventhough I am not a college student, but a 50 something woman. I have had only a handful of hostel experiences and each unique but with a common thread; all wonderful.

22 bed dorm's temperature at night was similar to what I imagine the temperature in hell is. No plug in's in room and was located right beside a smoking terrace. Bathroom was clean but resembled something from a horror movie. Staff were helpful and there was a good common place.

Location is perfect. Staff is friendly. Dorms and beds are ok but showers have just curtains so water is all over the washroom. Good thing hostel has enough toilets for everyone.

Location was great. Rooms were very hot with only one fan which was not sufficient felt a bit like prison. It smelt bad. However kitchen was useful to avoid having to eat out.

The hostel is decent; good location, and I like that towels and padlocks are free. But the atmosphere is kind of terrible; there is a kitchen but no sitting room or lounge, so meeting people and hanging out is hard.

Dear Guest, next to the kitchen there is a Living-Sitting-Meeting Room for about 80 people with tables. Thank you,and maybe see you back

.....ugh worst hostel ever. I saw 3 staffs and one of them was not really nice. He looked really annoyed basically everytime. Except him, other staffs were nice and helpful. Anyway, I stayed in 4 mixed dorm and there is only one plug so it was really really unconvenience. There is a 10 or something more dorm right next to my room so it was freaking noisy everytime.. ugh.. terrible memory about this place

Would definitely stay again! Pros: + amazing staff + big common area with lots of tables, outlets + comfy beds + quiet location but still walkable to sights + free luggage storage Cons: - small, messy kitchen - lack of outlets and bedside lights in the dorms - bathrooms can be a bit far away from the rooms (depending which room you end up in) - a fair walk from the main train station (and even further from the other one)

Friendly and well run, had such a fantastic time. Hired bikes from the hostel for only €5 and had a wonderful day cycling around the whole city, would recommend it to everyone!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very hot rooms and not enough plugs. Wifi was good in our room. Kitchen was always dirty, mostly because everyone uses it all the time. Supermarket right next door with 1 euro beer, far from everything else, but we managed to walk everywhere anyways. Probably would stay somewhere else next time

The hostel is so big, they have so many people in there and the restrooms aren´t enough. I slept in a 16 bed dormitory and was sooo warm these days in Florence and the hostel doesn´t have air conditionary, this is the thing I donpt like because I couldn´t sleep well.

Great location - a short walk away from the very centre which is great for getting away from the tourist crowd. Great local vibe in the area, security was excellent with lockers provided and a lock given for a 5euro deposit. We hired a bike from the hostel and toured around which was great. Met lots of lovely people there. Front desk can charge your phone etc for you if shortage of plugs in the room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5