Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

Room itself not too bad and location reasonably central, but one power point for a dorm of six beds just doesn't work! Also bathrooms and showers not brilliantly clean, but ok for just a night if you don't need to charge anything...

It's really annoying when there's only a plug for the whole room, and you have to fight people to charge your phone. And there where no stairs to get to the upper bed, I had to pull a plastic bench that was used as side table to get to my bed. It was really hot but we could let the windows open because of the net to prevent mosquitoes. The staff is really helpful and nice

None of our power points worked in our 8 bedroom dorm which was rather frustrating. No air con made warm night a little hard to handle. Wifi is temperamental. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Would look for another hostel if I visited Florence again.

What kind of hostel has a 3am lock out? You pay for a bed and can't even use it as they lock the doors at 3am.

• 30th Aug 2014

Very nice and well located hostel

Hostel was clean and very packed most of the time.

We spent one night here in the 20 bed dorm. There were 2 fans and all the windows were open, so the heat wasn't really an issue. There is a grocery store right next door and cooking facilities with ample dining space. Free wifi and printing for 20c per page was great. No plugs in the room but plenty in the common room. Great for a one or two night stop over.

Love the big common room with working Wi-Fi. However, the cleaning ladies once denied me my shower (I had been ill, so I wanted to take a shower after noon which was apparently unacceptable). The hostel is located next to a good supermarket and the washing machine does a better job than mine at home... At night you'll be sung to sleep as there are opera performances next door.

I had a little trouble finding the place originally. Nice staff and a decent atmosphere. I would probably stay again

This hostel is great if you don't mind dark and smelly rooms, a kitchen so dirty you can't touch anything, and being kicked out for four hours of the day, oh, and don't forget the curfew!

Lockers may not really work, especially with an average-sized lock.

It was quite good, in the summer is a bit hot in rooms. It is a bit inconvenient that the hostel is closed from 3 to 6 am. The kitchen and the bathrooms are OK. There isa good supermarket next door.

A nice place to relax after a long journey.

Great hostel, excellent staff, comfortable beds, rooms with air con, decent bathrooms. Cheap food options and markets close by. Owner provides free wine and snacks which was amazing, had a blast with the other travellers!

Eh. Stay somewhere else.

Thanks for taking time to leave your comment, but we are really upset about it, because on it you don't even mention that you lost one of our rent bikes and you tried to leave hostel without letting us know that. That's make us really upset! Santa Monaca Staff

Big hostel located across the river from the centre of florence. Comfortable and clean air conditioned dorms. Excellent facilities: kitchen, coffee machine, dining area, wifi, terrace, tv, bike rental, free city map. This hostel is not just a place to stay the night, the hostel is designed for the budget traveller and backpacker and the staff will give you the info to make the most your time in Florence. Good price also for a tourist city Florence in the high season.

Friendly staff, supermarket next door, nice place to hang out at night around the corner. Rooms were hot though, but it has everything you need:) definitly recommend it!

Very good location, there is a supermarket just next door. Not so good was that it was extreamly hot in the room and with two fans you were still sweating a lot and in my room there was only one plug which was used for the fan. But all in all a good experience. Would recommend it!

It is really dirty bathroom and the room for 6 really like prison and very hot. I won't back there again.

暑い。汚い。暑い。狭い。暑い。 夏場にとまることはお勧めしません。