Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

1962 Total Reviews

Very friendly and helpful staff. For the price it was a great stay! I would highly recommend it

• 4th Sep 2015
  • kendallcrews

Showers were cold, no where to put your stuff or get dressed but were clean. Not much of a social atmosphere, but can meet people on the terrace if you're lucky. Lock out at 2am was definately an issue, having to come home early when having a good night was a shame. However it's a good price for what you get; free wifi, use of computers and kitchen. Staff are very nice and helpful. Would say again as it is worth the price for such a good location in Florence; was walking distance to all sights.

The room for two is huge and so very comfortable, although the space inside the room is almost empty. It could be used to make the room even nicer, maybe.

Everything are very good besides the mattress is kinda old. The location is nice 20 minutes to duomo by walk. You can use kitchen and fridge. I particularly like the musica event next to the hostel. Every or every two day in the evening there will be an opera. La cucina e bagni sono polito. Mi piace molto.

The hostel was in a good location, not far from the centre of Florence, it was a short, easy walk to most of the tourist attractions and there is a small supermarket next door which was very useful for lunch and breakfast. The kitchen and dinning room were pleasant and easy to use. Unfortunately I didn't like the bed rooms quite as much, Florence was very hot and there was no air conditioning so the bedrooms were very hot and not easy to sleep in.

Didn't have much of a social atmosphere as there wasn't really a common room except for dining hall. I was alone in a 8 bed dorm the first two nights of my stay which made it really hard to meet people. They lock the rooms from 10am to 2 pm for cleaning so you have to leave or just wait in dining hall..

Was a great hostel, very friendly, the rooms were pretty hot though and having to be out between 10 and 2 was annoying, one of our favourite places to stay though so far!

I enjoyed my time here. The fact that it's an old monastery adds some charm to the facilities and it's not far from all the main stuff. I would definitely stay here again.

Really nice hostel in a good location, the kitchen facilities are great and the bathrooms are nice and clean. The staff were okay, not very helpful, but the other guests were lovely and it had a fun atmosphere.

Our room was pretty terrible, always hot and overall dingy. You pretty much have to hang out in the kitchen area or terrace. The kitchen was really good. They have a lock out during the day which can be a pain but never really caused much inconvenience

The staff is really helpful. Also, It is very nice building.

We strongly disliked this hostel. We were staying in a large dormitory room and it was incredibly hot. There were sixteen girls staying in this room, and the windows did not open, so the body heat was incredible and horrible. The staff was okay. They were pleasant and friendly, but not particularly helpful about sightseeing. The kitchen was too small for the amount of people who were staying in the hostel. Also, the walls were paper thin and you could hear the loud city throughout the night.

Good location. There was no air conditioning. The hostel was extremely hot every night and it was almost impossible to sleep.

Enjoyed my stay here. Not a far walk from the main attractions. Nice kitchen area. Hot in the summer (like anywhere else without A/C in the rooms). Wifi is a little slow.

I went during a busy time of year and very hot so accommodations will be different. overall you get what you pay for..

Ruined the experience of Florence. No air con in 39° weather, says it all. At least we got a locker.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The principal problem of this hostel is: no air conditioning, not even in the common rooms and the fans in the rooms don't work properly, it was almost impossible to sleep because it was so hot.

• 7th Aug 2015

Great location, nice staff, really good kitchen facilities and I met some cool people there BUT the heat in that place was absolutely unbearable, you would swear as soon as you stepped out of the shower and the rooms with 16 people were awful! So I would end up sitting in the uncomfy dining room for hours which was slightly cooler. Such a shame because it could be great I just really think they need to sort the temperature out. I've never left a bad review before and I feel terrible but :/

Because there is no air conditioning and very few windows, the rooms get very hot. The bathroom shower turns off after about 30 seconds so you need to keep starting it again and the bathroom is pretty far from the room. Also, the hostel is attached to some sort of church where there is an opera singer so for three of the nights that I was there it sounded as if there was someone singing opera in my room until around 11pm.

It was a really great place, with an excellent atmosphere. The facilities themselves were fine, though it would have been nice having air conditioning in the rooms (it was actually very hot at night and I'm from Australia so I should know). The hostel isn't in the best location, with it being about a half hour walk from the city centre. Though other than that, my stay here was very pleasant.