Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

It was okay. 10 bed room is very suffocating and no ventilation. Wouldn't highly recommend it. But, if you dont have an option go for it. It's not all that bad.

The room is hot without a air conditioner. many steps to climb and only one socket in each room. quite disappointed with the facilities in the hostel but the location is great that every attractions are within walking distance. good for a short trip only.

Very nice hostel! We had a private "room", which could easily have been called a flat. Very spacious, even our own living room area. The hostel even had screenings of World Cup matches, in the guest dining area. Good kitchen facilities and a luggage area which we were able to leave baggage in after we had checked out! Very helpful staff! Overall good experience. Good location!

That 22-person room needs more outlets and serious fans for the summer heat.

Nice hostel in a nice area, a short walk from the Ponte Vecchio. Nothing special about the facilities, but there's a decent kitchen, good wifi (in the dining room at least) and enough bathroom action to go around. The staff were pretty helpful too.

Good location, amazing ice cream shop 'Gelateria la Carraia' down the road and a must if you're in Florence. Staff were helpful. Rooms a bit hot and stuffy in summer but ok!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Cool place, but the room was extremely hot by the night.

I was delighted with my stay in Florence. The hostel was exceptionally clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Location was excellent - easy walking distance to all the big sites downtown. I will highly recommend this hostel to friends.

• 9th Jun 2014

I stayed in the 4 bed dorm. The worst thing was that there was just one plug in the room so I had to charge my phone in the corridor or in the common room. The toilets and the shower rooms were in one big room but some toilet seats were omitted in the toilets and some drainage did not work efficiently in the shower room. The wifi connection was sometimes weak. Overall, my stay was fine.

A very good place in terms of location, cleanliness and price. I highly recommend it.

I am not sure if I would recommend it because the internet didn't work properly (SO slow) and the showers were completely disgusting... There's just one bathroom for the whole hostel with 4 showers, and just one shower worked normally (2 of them were clogged and one of them SUPER clogged, like a swamp filled with soap and pubic hair). The location and rooms were excellent. There are convenience stores one block away and it's located two blocks away from the river, but I wouldn't stay there again

The hostel was okay, really big. The only problems that I really had was that there are no plugs by the beds and that the bathrooms are a little far away from the dorms, especially for the girls. As well, the bathrooms were really pretty dirty.

Staff is really helpful and friendly

It was a really nice hostel to stay in Florence if you just need a place to sleep and have shower. I enjoyed staying in my room because I met some nice travelers of my age. Also, the stuff was being very kind and helpful. But an unexpected opera concert started at the room right next to us around 21:30, and some people got disturbed from their sleep.

This hostel was a bit confusing. I was in a 16 female dorm, and we all got to share one outlet. The bathroom situation makes no sense, there's 2 toilets available for all females in the entire hostel and a few showers with no locks on the see through door.

The WiFi network in my room called Cerchi is very unstable. I can almost never connect to it during my 3-night stay. The staff tried to fix it, but it doesn't work at all. The drainage in one of the bathrooms is blocked so it flooded the floor. Location close to most of the sights. I never have to take any public transport during my stay in Florence.

I love the service, its just it is hard to get to the upperbed since you don't have any stairs hanging on the bed

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

It's a large fairly impersonal hostel, but it's good value for money and very well located close to the station and most major attractions. Wifi is atrocious in the evenings and room and shower lockout from 10am to 2pm is annoying. Otherwise, it's a good option for a well-priced stay in Florence.

Excellent Hostel, besides the fact that there was only one power socket for 22 beds..

Very serious about the lockout hours--realized I forgot my water bottle in my room 5 minutes after it started and had to beg to be let back up to get it!