Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

2075 Total Reviews

We stayed at this hostel for 2 nights . 6 people in a same room. However, we were expecting the room to be bigger as shown on the website. Still you will not find any difficulty in staying. Hotel staff is excellent and was fully aware of the things that we were looking for ( near by tourist destinations and night life) . Value for money and almost 10 minutes from station.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • India

The hostel is great. Staff very friendly and helpful. The place was clean and they have a good number of showers! The only few things I didn't like is that for cleaning purposes they don't allow you in your room from 11pm to 3pm. The showers had that system where you press the button and the water comes out, but it stops every 25 seconds, which is very annoying. The WiFi didn't work very well. Other than that I had a very pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend this host

• 30th Sep 2015

Great location, easy to find and with a supermarket next door. The staff is helpful but not that nice, the staff guy at night kick out a traveller that was at the reception waiting to leave for a 4am train even when he had stayed there the previous nights and was really rude to him and started shouting when there was no reason to shout. They close the main entrance between 2 and 6 am which is not that convinient. The kitchen is really small and the beds could be better for the price.

Enjoyed my stay here would go back again

Good location and quite clean with nice stuff and atmosphere. What I didn't like though is bad WiFi, and you can't stay in your room while they are cleaning which is 10-14, quite a long time. Also a bit expensive, but I guess that's normal for Florence. Not the best place I stayed at, but also nothing to be worried about.

Nothing wrong with the place, but nothing special - just a fairly standard place to stay. It's fairly close to the train station and an easy walk into the centre.

We only stayed for one night but if was nice experience - you don't have bunk beds which is awesome. Spacious rooms. Interesting design of the building. The hostel is right next to a musical hall. Florence is fantastic by the way

Great stay here! If your in the room Badesse you can hear the opera every night. Would stay again!

All good.

I love Florence and I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I thought that it was good value as other accommodations could be very expensive. I also liked the location because it was close to Ponte Vecchio without being in the city centre. The common room is great to meet people and have a meal together.

This hostal was great, the location was 10 min from train station and major attractions. the people at the desk were super fiendly an welcoming and helpful. Even though they kick you for a few hours you can still stay in the common area.

The location of the hostel is spot-on: very close to the city center and easy enough to find. The staff was wonderful and the beds were clean as clean could be. Slept in a room with 15 other girls, and it didn't feel cramped, humid, smelly, or musty at all! My only complaint is that there is no soap in the bathrooms, nor hand drying services (towels, dryers, etc.). Other than that though, good hostel!

Mixed dorm was not bad. Need own lock for lockers. Only complaint would be no soap in shower/toilet area which is a bit not hygienic for those that don't have their own. Many would just walk out without washing their hands. Gross! Also had problems with WiFi the lady night there. Other than that great place! Would recommend

Was clean. Quite basic. Staff were helpful and friendly. Did not have much atmosphere in common areas but we were in a big group so didn't bother us.

Very small kitchen which was annoying, you need to get in early. And having no aircon wasn't ideal as it was quite hot, they did have fans though. However it was in quite a good location, within walking distance to everything. Cheers

Worst hostel I've ever seen. Unfriendly and unhelpful man at the front desk. Kitchen extremely dirty. No wifi anywhere but RIGHT NEXT to the computer. Dirty. Hot shower was good though, and towel.

Nice hostel. The upper bed too low and bathroom far away.

Second time I've stayed here, the first time my bag was stolen before I got there and the staff really helped me to sort everything out. I went back again this year and it's just as nice if not better. Computers, okay kitchen, big common area with comfy beds. In a nice part of Florence, 10-15 minute walk to main square

The bedroom and bathroom weren't clean. Staffs are really friendly and location is good. I wouldn't stay there again.

Place is great; rooms are a little bigger than I would prefer but it wasn't a problem. Coed rooms are interesting. All in all it was a great experience