Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

The lock on the door was broken and so I was locked out at 4AM after leaving to use the restroom and not even the staff member at the desk could get my door open for about 30 minutes until he got the master key, so needless to say I was a bit perturbed, but I went back to bed. The staff member PROMISED me it would be looked at that day, but then I got back the next evening and THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I was only let in by someone else already in my room, who was having the same problem, no fix

This hostel was fairly clean and offered us and easy place to stay at night. It was nothing special but had everything that we needed for the nights we were there!

it is rather dense in 22-bed room. good location.

I had a very nice time in the hostel. its within 5-10 minute walking distance to the major sites. staff were super friendly and helpful- and fluent in english- the language barrier gave me a very hard time in the other hostels in italy. Wifi everywhere in all the rooms the common area and lockers in the rooms. you can get a lock fr them if you dont have any easily. nice kitchen with all the things you need to eat in

This hostel is located neatly in the old part of town, it feels like a bit of way from the station, but it really isn't a problem - maybe a 15 min. walk. It can be a bit noisy if people are running/yelling/slamming doors in the hallways. But I'm confident that the staff will take care of it. And I'm personally not a fan of shower curtains instead of lockable shower cabins, but it worked and everything, so I can't really complain :)

I will be very grateful if there is more charging plug. I have to go downstairs in the kitchen and finally found one available power supply near the door to charge my cellphone the first day. (All the rest were occupied.) However the computer, kitchen are very very helpful. Also the printing service was great as I need to print out the reservation letter for the museums later!

Great hostel overall. Plenty to offer with a great atmosphere to meet people. Bathrooms are a bit scarce for guys anyways; had to wait in a line to take a shower in the morning

This was a nice play to stay. It has everything you need, including a big kitchen and dining area. It is about a 15-20 minute walk into the centre of town. I would definitely stay here again.

The hostel was decent, but I would avoid the larger rooms, as when I stayed in the 20 person room I had some items stolen from me. There are lockers for valuables, which obviously I should have used, however still always be cautious.

Very close to bridges taking you to the heart of Florence, also good for railway and bus stations. An interesting building - but lots of stairs. Shop next door so good for self catering.

The hostel was very simple but a real value for money. The common areas were spacius and really nice. The beds and the rooms were ok. The best was the staff, very nice people and with a vocation of service. They help you with any question and always received you with and smile.

thıs hostel beatıfull and usefull also clean and ıts hepfull ı sugeestıon

The rooms were clean. The location is great, it is easy to find when you arrive at the train station. The staff is very helpful. You can borrow towels for 5 euro. It is walking distance to the all main sights.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Russia

The hostel's location is excellent, and the staff was friendly but not very lively. The showers were terrible. They were clean but good luck getting hot water and/or water pressure if there is more than one person showering at the same time. The rooms were very spacious, but we got put in the room with windows to the terrace. The terrace is a nice place to chill, but it sucks when you want to go to sleep and people are out there talking. It says it closes at 10:30 PM but no one enforced it.

We stayed in a mixed ten-person dorm. It was nice enough, and the location was decent. The biggest problem with the location (in my opinion) is that it's not far enough away to be quiet at night and not close enough to be in the center of town. However, the walk was short and it was a fine location. The hostel itself is not in the best of repairs, the doors are a bit tricky and paint is peeling, but everything is cleaned extremely well everyday. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Very good location and friendly, helpful staff!

Had a rather pleasant stay at Santa Monaca – staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and more or less spacious despite 16 people in it. The hostel is very big – they have so many different rooms that I got a bit lost in the maze of corridors first time while looking for my room and then bathroom. Lower bunks haven't got much head space for sitting, but are perfectly comfortable for sleeping. Kitchen is well-equipped, and there's a big common room with tables next to it.

Pros: Close to center Kitchen that guests can use Cons: Not very clean rooms Terrible showers

I only stayed one night but it was excellent! The people, both staff and guests, were very nice and I met some nice people there. It has everything you need in a hostel! The only down point is that I was staying in a big dorm and had the lower bed. The lower bed in the dorms are not good for sitting as the upper bed is too low. But I was not in Italy to stay in my hostel room so it was not a problem. You could just go in the common room for better sitting :)

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Iceland

Perfect hostel, apart from one thing: "curfew" starting from 12am is a bit too early for Easter? at least leave the light for one shower on would be more helpful.