Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

2075 Total Reviews

Great time! Would go again.

This is one of the cheaper hostels I found and you get what you pay for - fine for sleeping ect. but all in all pretty average. The staff were generally pretty helpful and it's in a good location

The wifi really doesn't work at all which can be very frustrating when you are trying to travel for a while and book things as you go.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, making us feel at home!

• 12th Sep 2015

A friend and I stayed here and had no troubles. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. We only stayed in a four bed dorm so I can not comment on what it was like comparing them to the other reviews. The wifi luckily reached our room but I did notice others had to sit in the main area for the wifi. Not being allowed in your rooms for cleaning was a bit of a pain too. But overall a good stay and somewhere to sleep!

Some of the staff are very friendly and approachable, but not all. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. You're given sheets and expected to make your own bed. Although there was no AC there was a fan provided in the room. There are lockers to use and you can use the padlock with a €5 deposit (returned once the padlock is returned). I used their bike rental service which cost €5 for 6 hours which is pretty good. Overall it was a pleasant stay and a pretty good hostel.

• 11th Sep 2015

The building was cool and your staff was exclent. However, the Hostel was so dusty and moldy that it made me sick. I started sneezing and coughing. When I would leave the building i stared to feel better. Plus there was no soap inhe bathroom and the WiFi didn't work. I know this is not in your control, but The youger group of 15/16 year olds turned me off. They left the kitchen a mess, alcohol bottles eveywhere, and they were loud and annoying.

Overall a good hostel. has a full kitchen and clean bathrooms. no complaints!

Wonderful hostel , the atmosphere, cleaness and in the city center. Great staff😃

Grazie caro Ospite, Welcome back:))

Very friendly and helpful staff. For the price it was a great stay! I would highly recommend it

• 4th Sep 2015
  • kendallcrews

They have a large dining/common area, thus, making the atmosphere quite difficult to meet new people. Other than that, this is an ok hostel which is good for a place to sleep in with all your basic needs.

Showers were cold, no where to put your stuff or get dressed but were clean. Not much of a social atmosphere, but can meet people on the terrace if you're lucky. Lock out at 2am was definately an issue, having to come home early when having a good night was a shame. However it's a good price for what you get; free wifi, use of computers and kitchen. Staff are very nice and helpful. Would say again as it is worth the price for such a good location in Florence; was walking distance to all sights.

The room for two is huge and so very comfortable, although the space inside the room is almost empty. It could be used to make the room even nicer, maybe.

Everything are very good besides the mattress is kinda old. The location is nice 20 minutes to duomo by walk. You can use kitchen and fridge. I particularly like the musica event next to the hostel. Every or every two day in the evening there will be an opera. La cucina e bagni sono polito. Mi piace molto.

The hostel was in a good location, not far from the centre of Florence, it was a short, easy walk to most of the tourist attractions and there is a small supermarket next door which was very useful for lunch and breakfast. The kitchen and dinning room were pleasant and easy to use. Unfortunately I didn't like the bed rooms quite as much, Florence was very hot and there was no air conditioning so the bedrooms were very hot and not easy to sleep in.

Didn't have much of a social atmosphere as there wasn't really a common room except for dining hall. I was alone in a 8 bed dorm the first two nights of my stay which made it really hard to meet people. They lock the rooms from 10am to 2 pm for cleaning so you have to leave or just wait in dining hall..

Was a great hostel, very friendly, the rooms were pretty hot though and having to be out between 10 and 2 was annoying, one of our favourite places to stay though so far!

I enjoyed my time here. The fact that it's an old monastery adds some charm to the facilities and it's not far from all the main stuff. I would definitely stay here again.

Really nice hostel in a good location, the kitchen facilities are great and the bathrooms are nice and clean. The staff were okay, not very helpful, but the other guests were lovely and it had a fun atmosphere.

Our room was pretty terrible, always hot and overall dingy. You pretty much have to hang out in the kitchen area or terrace. The kitchen was really good. They have a lock out during the day which can be a pain but never really caused much inconvenience