Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

There're no stairs to the upper bed. Everything's normal, okay. Good for money.

Very well run place. Friendly and efficient front desk. Good wifi connectivity, well furnished kitchen etc. The only tiny issue was the bathrooms getting clogged and water flooding on the floors. That needs to be looked into.

• 14th May 2014
  • India

This place was not very good, I would just pay a couple Euros more and stay somewhere else. There was one plug in each room, I was in a 10 bed dorm. The staff aren't friendly or all that helpful. Only good thing is it's right next to a grocery store

The staff were really friendly and they have a kitchen with a fridge so you can cook and store food. There are also computers with internet and skype(headsets provided). The common area was pretty nice. The bathrooms were a bit lacking. The shared bathrooms had no soap and were often out of toilet paper. Some of the bathrooms didn't even have a sink. The shower door didn't lock, it was simply frosted glass so you could see into the shower room. The beds were hard to climb into.

Great facilities (full kitchen), good value for money and clean. Really good cheap bike hire too which is great for exploring the city. Not much atmosphere though if looking to head out at night maybe check out somewhere else, a lot of mature travelers. 10am till 2pm lock out is a bit of a pain too.

good location, nice hostel, pretty cheap renting bike price.

Lovely rooftop bar, very clean, hostel great credit to cleaners. Lots of character and smack in heart of Florence.

The lock on the door was broken and so I was locked out at 4AM after leaving to use the restroom and not even the staff member at the desk could get my door open for about 30 minutes until he got the master key, so needless to say I was a bit perturbed, but I went back to bed. The staff member PROMISED me it would be looked at that day, but then I got back the next evening and THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I was only let in by someone else already in my room, who was having the same problem, no fix

This hostel was fairly clean and offered us and easy place to stay at night. It was nothing special but had everything that we needed for the nights we were there!

it is rather dense in 22-bed room. good location.

I had a very nice time in the hostel. its within 5-10 minute walking distance to the major sites. staff were super friendly and helpful- and fluent in english- the language barrier gave me a very hard time in the other hostels in italy. Wifi everywhere in all the rooms the common area and lockers in the rooms. you can get a lock fr them if you dont have any easily. nice kitchen with all the things you need to eat in

This hostel is located neatly in the old part of town, it feels like a bit of way from the station, but it really isn't a problem - maybe a 15 min. walk. It can be a bit noisy if people are running/yelling/slamming doors in the hallways. But I'm confident that the staff will take care of it. And I'm personally not a fan of shower curtains instead of lockable shower cabins, but it worked and everything, so I can't really complain :)

I will be very grateful if there is more charging plug. I have to go downstairs in the kitchen and finally found one available power supply near the door to charge my cellphone the first day. (All the rest were occupied.) However the computer, kitchen are very very helpful. Also the printing service was great as I need to print out the reservation letter for the museums later!

Great hostel overall. Plenty to offer with a great atmosphere to meet people. Bathrooms are a bit scarce for guys anyways; had to wait in a line to take a shower in the morning

This was a nice play to stay. It has everything you need, including a big kitchen and dining area. It is about a 15-20 minute walk into the centre of town. I would definitely stay here again.

The hostel was decent, but I would avoid the larger rooms, as when I stayed in the 20 person room I had some items stolen from me. There are lockers for valuables, which obviously I should have used, however still always be cautious.

Very close to bridges taking you to the heart of Florence, also good for railway and bus stations. An interesting building - but lots of stairs. Shop next door so good for self catering.

The hostel was very simple but a real value for money. The common areas were spacius and really nice. The beds and the rooms were ok. The best was the staff, very nice people and with a vocation of service. They help you with any question and always received you with and smile.

thıs hostel beatıfull and usefull also clean and ıts hepfull ı sugeestıon

The rooms were clean. The location is great, it is easy to find when you arrive at the train station. The staff is very helpful. You can borrow towels for 5 euro. It is walking distance to the all main sights.

• 21st Apr 2014