Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

wifi didn't work in a room. and they turned off the light of bathroom in the night. all staffs are very kind. They gave me lots of information. easy to buy water or breads in supermarket (just 5 seconds from this hostel.!!) it was very nice to experience calm and peaceful Florence. i watched very normal life in Florence people.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Right by the metro station Victoria (which you can reach directly from the airport by taking the blue line to Monasteraki and switching to the green line to Victoria--50 minutes, €1.20). Room had A/C, was clean. No shower curtain in the bathroom, but it's easy enough to manage. It was an older building. The bar was never open, and was more like a counter with a few drinks behind it.

It was clean but they close from 10AM - 2 to clean and that's frustrating. Also you can't get in after 2 AM.

Wifi rarely worked, and the bathrooms weren't that great, but it was a fantastic location right in the city centre basically.

Despite a small issue with the booking they upgraded us and the whole hostel was well run, friendly, felt safe and had a decent vibe.

Big rooms and many showers but unfortunately they close the front doors at 3 and if you miss that you are locked out.

Great showers, good staff hostel was a bit out the way and the curfew was annoying, plus you need to meet some good people (which isn't too easy) to have a good night out.

A good place to sleep, but very big hostel with kind of a big institutional feel to it. The staff are nice but due to the sheer size of the hostel, don't really interact to much with the guests except for if you have questions. There is no real common room to hang out in, just a dining room / kitchen. Great location for visiting Florence city, and everything is very walk able form this location.

Not having security rails on the bunk beds is dangerous and a liability for the hostel.

• 16th Jun 2015

Stayed in the 22 bed dorm so was expecting a nightmare stay, but turned out to be good. Kitchen/common room is large, wifi is pretty bad, bathrooms ok, location is great and just around the corner from an excellent Gelateria!!

Staff was excellent -- very pleasant and always helpful. Wifi unreliable -- likely due to the number of people using it at one time, but I would hope they can beef it up a bit, because it was truly frustrating. That said, I had a very pleasant stay at Hostel Santa Monaca! Kitchen worked out great and helped trimming expenses for at least some meals. Recommend highly and will stay again next time I'm in Florence. Ciao!

Hostel Santa Monaca was a very nice place to stay. Very large hostel, with spacious rooms from what we could see, our 10 bed dorm was huge. Very good location, within a 20 minute walk of just about everywhere you'd want to go, although many places are only 5-10 minutes away. Friendly and helpful staff and large common areas. We had issues with the wifi but that is a minor and likely not long term problem. Nothing amazing per say, but definitely one of the better hostels in Florence.

Great location!

Than you from Firenze on the other side of the river:))

16 bed girls dorm with door that was constantly left open, when we slept! Wouldn't have been a problem however we were at the other side of the building with the boys bathroom next to us and the females bathroom a good minutes walk through the building. Did not feel safe. Very large hostel, would not recommend staying unless in a group. Barely saw staff apart from check in.

This hostel is in a great location and is very large. Our time at Santa Monica was average. Our room was run down and dirty to a degree and was not the "nicest" hostel we had stayed at.Very basic and nothing special. If your looking for a large hostel with a small kitchen and more of just a place to sleep than this is perfect for you! Oh lastly, there is no A/C and the rooms are extremely hot!!! The fans don't work so you pretty much die all night. Overall, I would say this hostel was average.

Hostel was no more than 10 minutes away from most of the major sites and the staff were really nice. Only issue I had was with the wifi, tended not to work most of the time despite saying it was connected. Other than that great stay!

We had a wonderful stay here. The kitchen was great for cooking your own meals and the location was great! The staff was exceptional! Would stay here again!

Nice hostel. Nothing spectacular but it's a nice place to staystay in a good location, met some cool people on the terrace, would book again.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I made friends and it was cheap so I can't really complain. The wifi really does not work though about 85% of the time, and I stayed in the 22 person room and it was very hot. Lastly the day staff are great except the guy who works the night shift was very rude to my friend. But the location is great and there is a grocery store right next door which is very convenient. I would stay here again if I am in Florence simply because it's cheap and decent.

Great location in the old part of town. Just over the bridge so away from the touristy bit into the more authentic old town. Opposite a laundrette, just down from a supermarket, lots of bars around. Perfect. Bit of a hike from the train station but quite easy to find without a map on the directions given. Lockers too small to fit a pack tho :( either just be big enough for passport and wallet or be big enough for a pack. Mid sized is a waste.