Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

We stayed in a mixed ten-person dorm. It was nice enough, and the location was decent. The biggest problem with the location (in my opinion) is that it's not far enough away to be quiet at night and not close enough to be in the center of town. However, the walk was short and it was a fine location. The hostel itself is not in the best of repairs, the doors are a bit tricky and paint is peeling, but everything is cleaned extremely well everyday. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Very good location and friendly, helpful staff!

Had a rather pleasant stay at Santa Monaca – staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and more or less spacious despite 16 people in it. The hostel is very big – they have so many different rooms that I got a bit lost in the maze of corridors first time while looking for my room and then bathroom. Lower bunks haven't got much head space for sitting, but are perfectly comfortable for sleeping. Kitchen is well-equipped, and there's a big common room with tables next to it.

Pros: Close to center Kitchen that guests can use Cons: Not very clean rooms Terrible showers

I only stayed one night but it was excellent! The people, both staff and guests, were very nice and I met some nice people there. It has everything you need in a hostel! The only down point is that I was staying in a big dorm and had the lower bed. The lower bed in the dorms are not good for sitting as the upper bed is too low. But I was not in Italy to stay in my hostel room so it was not a problem. You could just go in the common room for better sitting :)

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Iceland

Perfect hostel, apart from one thing: "curfew" starting from 12am is a bit too early for Easter? at least leave the light for one shower on would be more helpful.

I loved florence and had a good stay in hostel santa monaca, staff is really friendly. I think some things could upgrade it. The doors make a lot of noise when they close which wakes you up constanly. Even if its not your door. You can not in the room between 10 and 14, which i partly understan but nowadays a bit strange. Having soap in the bathrooms would be great. Besides that, extra chargers in the room and some little light would be nice.

Only think i could say, location is perfect. Good hostel for short term stay. It has good kitchen. Toilet was too for from my room. I had to walk 100 metres to reach toilet a bathroom.

I liked a lot to stay at Santa Monaca, it's a pretty nice hostel, staff is always very nice. The only downside might be the showers: it feels more like a mist then a waterfall... But otherwise, it's great!

Clean hostel, good location, great staff. Thank you

If you stay in the 16 bed women's dorm - be warned - there is an opera that plays in a hall that shares a wall with this room three days a week. It is quite loud and plays most of the day.

The shared bathroom and sink areas were not cleaned regularly enough... so it can be a bit gross if you use the bathroom after peak hours. The showers spray outwards instead of downwards making it really difficult to shower. It was praying the walls instead of down at you. There was only ONE electrical point in a room of 6 beds. In the age of smartphones, that is definitely not practical. Probably won't go back. It's only saving grace was the convenient location.

Enjoyed my stay here! Good wifi, clean, nice and informative staff, location was great and wifi was good. Only issue was that I got shuffled around rooms but that was okay! Would recommend.

those guys really have exprience in what the travelers need..... very good option to stay.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

thank you for your stay and welcome back. Santa Monaca Crew

Good location. Not in the center but a more residential area. Great restaurants nearby. Walking distance to the main areas and also bus accessible.

This was the cheapest hostel I could find and booked it for one night when I realized I made a reservation for the wrong night and was kicked out of my previous place. I was surprised with how nice the place was for how little it cost in the middle of Florence!

Iwas there in February so it was totally empty but great for the price.

After 10months and 50 odd cities I feel I'm in a decent position to a make judgement ...What a hovel! This place could be so so good - But it isn't. Stayed in a twin room with private ensuite. The kitchen had no cups or bowls to speak of and the sponge used for the dishes should have been thrown out a year ago!

Awesome hostel, very clean, very well run, good facilities and great bike hire! Close to the station in a cute part of the city. The most friendly, happy, helpful staff! Recommended for sure!

There were no windows in the bedroom an no ladder to get to the second bunk. You couldn't lock the door of the showers so I felt very unsafe. The hostel has no atmosphere and is pretty grotty. As a lone female traveller I felt quite unsafe here. Also, the man at reception didn't offer to help me with my bag. Despite it being heavy and me having to carry it up two flights of stairs. Directions from the train station were very hard to follow.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Dear Guest. we are sorry you didnt feel safe in our Hostel. Actually there is shower that can be locked very near to the room you slept in, you could have asked at reception. Probably you would have enjoyed the atmosphere during high season when the hostel is full. Among all of your reasonable comments on what you didnt like you could have mentioned that we upgraded for free your booking from a mixed dorm to a smaller female dorm which - by the way- has a pretty large window (like in all rooms)