Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

A very good place in terms of location, cleanliness and price. I highly recommend it.

I am not sure if I would recommend it because the internet didn't work properly (SO slow) and the showers were completely disgusting... There's just one bathroom for the whole hostel with 4 showers, and just one shower worked normally (2 of them were clogged and one of them SUPER clogged, like a swamp filled with soap and pubic hair). The location and rooms were excellent. There are convenience stores one block away and it's located two blocks away from the river, but I wouldn't stay there again

The hostel was okay, really big. The only problems that I really had was that there are no plugs by the beds and that the bathrooms are a little far away from the dorms, especially for the girls. As well, the bathrooms were really pretty dirty.

Staff is really helpful and friendly

It was a really nice hostel to stay in Florence if you just need a place to sleep and have shower. I enjoyed staying in my room because I met some nice travelers of my age. Also, the stuff was being very kind and helpful. But an unexpected opera concert started at the room right next to us around 21:30, and some people got disturbed from their sleep.

This hostel was a bit confusing. I was in a 16 female dorm, and we all got to share one outlet. The bathroom situation makes no sense, there's 2 toilets available for all females in the entire hostel and a few showers with no locks on the see through door.

The WiFi network in my room called Cerchi is very unstable. I can almost never connect to it during my 3-night stay. The staff tried to fix it, but it doesn't work at all. The drainage in one of the bathrooms is blocked so it flooded the floor. Location close to most of the sights. I never have to take any public transport during my stay in Florence.

I love the service, its just it is hard to get to the upperbed since you don't have any stairs hanging on the bed

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

It's a large fairly impersonal hostel, but it's good value for money and very well located close to the station and most major attractions. Wifi is atrocious in the evenings and room and shower lockout from 10am to 2pm is annoying. Otherwise, it's a good option for a well-priced stay in Florence.

Excellent Hostel, besides the fact that there was only one power socket for 22 beds..

Very serious about the lockout hours--realized I forgot my water bottle in my room 5 minutes after it started and had to beg to be let back up to get it!

I liked the hostel it was cheap in comparison to other hostels, It had proper restrooms and the staff was nice. It was only 15 minutes from the station and it is not hard to find. They offer the rent of bycicles which is something interesting.

Staff were fantastic, especially the two directors that work during the day. Pretty good hostel, large eating area but would be nice to have couple couches for lounging. Lock-out 10:30-2:00 everyday

The facilities were fine on a whole, I just wish the terrace was open later. Other than that, you have what you need within walking distance of everything.

The hostel is huge and the facilities are very comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. What I did not like was the "lock out", which was from 11 am to 2 pm! On my second day I was feeling ill and had to get out of bed and leave the room in a hurry.

Great location, and had everything we needed

The staff here are great, they remember the names of guests and always try to help. Many facilities are free, such as computer use, wifi, towels, and lockers. The laundry only costs 6 euro for detergent, washing, and drying. The kitchen is nice. The hostel is close to the art and costume museums of Pitti Palace, the Bardini gardens, and the porcelaine museum.

Really barebones place that is really any cheaper than other better hostels. No free breakfast, only one wall outlet per room, pretty gross communal bathrooms/showers. Decent location on the other side of the river.

Nice Hostel and friendly staff. Just I have a suggestion: keep open the reception at any time in order to improve service, many people had to wait outside with their luggage until reception was reopened.

Great hostel and the kitchen is good. Wifi was very slow at times and it would be nice to have a few couches to read a book on.