Hostel Santa Monaca Reviews

Via Santa Monaca 6, Florence, Italy

Good hostel in a great location. Kitchen was busy and had no plates or cutlery!

I stayed in 10 mixed dorm, overall it is a good value for cheap price. But I can't stand of the heat at night, I should suggest to put 1/2 more fan bigger Window for the air circulation. It's a good place to make friends, because you have kitchen and dining room to stay.. What I like from this hostel is very helpful and friendly staff..☺️

it was one of the nice hostel when think about price. staff and location is really good but facility is somehow bad especially shower room but not too much! it could be worthful to stay here.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I really liked this place, it was right next to a small grocery store and away from the touristy areas. Bummer though that they have curfew and lock you out of the rooms from 10am - 2pm and more air circulation in the toilet/shower room would have been nice, waaaay to hot in there!

Rooms were very hot at night but staff was helpful and it's nice to have a big kitchen and dining area to use. The hostel is within walking distance of everything too. Overall fairly good stay, not the best hostel but definitely not the worst!

Amazing location! Only complaints are there's only one power point in our room of 10. Showers are poor, male showers have normal tap, female have self timing tap.

• 11th Jul 2014

There were a lot of mosquitos in our room. The kitchen wasn't clean. I found it a bit expensive for what it was worth. There was one plug in our room of 8 people, so that wasn't the best. Pretty good location though, easy to walk everywhere.

I'm not a big fan of big hostels and this is one of them. Hey have a huge building with lots of rooms that they rent. The building is old style as everything else in Florence. There was only one plug in my room to charge my phone, which was a bummer, but then they have a big social room on the first floor where they have plenty of them. Staff was very friendly, they speak english and some of them even Spanish. Good place overall.

Great location, good atmosphere and cheap.

Thank you dear guest, welcome back ::))

I had a good time at this hostel. It's in a great location and the common room provides a good social atmosphere. The terrace was a bit small, and it wasn't open often, but the common room was big enough for everyone!

Stayed in the 22 bed mixed dorm and got bed bugs the first night. We were supposed to stay two nights there, but found the hostel so sketchy that we booked a hotel instead. The bathrooms were a mile away and the lights flickered like a horror film. The sinks were like pig troughs and the showers were yellow.

The staff was very kind and helpful; the room and bathroom facility was clean and tidy. I felt welcome, eventhough I am not a college student, but a 50 something woman. I have had only a handful of hostel experiences and each unique but with a common thread; all wonderful.

22 bed dorm's temperature at night was similar to what I imagine the temperature in hell is. No plug in's in room and was located right beside a smoking terrace. Bathroom was clean but resembled something from a horror movie. Staff were helpful and there was a good common place.

The night at this hotel was very bad. Really warm in the summer. No air conditioning, 20 people in the dorm. very bad facility. Bathroom had very poor air cooling. I recommend this hostel nobody, who are looking for vacation and fun there. and the worst war Internet, there was no WIFI, just two PC, which was very slow. I was disappointed really.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Iran

Location is perfect. Staff is friendly. Dorms and beds are ok but showers have just curtains so water is all over the washroom. Good thing hostel has enough toilets for everyone.

Location was great. Rooms were very hot with only one fan which was not sufficient felt a bit like prison. It smelt bad. However kitchen was useful to avoid having to eat out.

The hostel is decent; good location, and I like that towels and padlocks are free. But the atmosphere is kind of terrible; there is a kitchen but no sitting room or lounge, so meeting people and hanging out is hard.

Dear Guest, next to the kitchen there is a Living-Sitting-Meeting Room for about 80 people with tables. Thank you,and maybe see you back

.....ugh worst hostel ever. I saw 3 staffs and one of them was not really nice. He looked really annoyed basically everytime. Except him, other staffs were nice and helpful. Anyway, I stayed in 4 mixed dorm and there is only one plug so it was really really unconvenience. There is a 10 or something more dorm right next to my room so it was freaking noisy everytime.. ugh.. terrible memory about this place

Would definitely stay again! Pros: + amazing staff + big common area with lots of tables, outlets + comfy beds + quiet location but still walkable to sights + free luggage storage Cons: - small, messy kitchen - lack of outlets and bedside lights in the dorms - bathrooms can be a bit far away from the rooms (depending which room you end up in) - a fair walk from the main train station (and even further from the other one)

Friendly and well run, had such a fantastic time. Hired bikes from the hostel for only €5 and had a wonderful day cycling around the whole city, would recommend it to everyone!

• 23rd Jun 2014