Hostel Santiago 31 Reviews

Praça de Santiago 31, Guimaraes, Portugal

The hostel is placed right in one of the main plazas in Guimaraes. Joao and his people just wonderfull All of them, very helpful and kind. The place is pretty clean, good accommodations and even's got a living room which was very helpful when I got sick. I'd definitely stay in this place again.... Although the place is very good, I must tell that there's a very nice bar right above it and plays loud music, so If you have problems sleeping don't forget to bring your earplugs! Cheers

I went at a really quiet time (only me & 1 other), this suited me as I was looking for a place to chill & rest, so had the place to myself. Receptionist left us to our own devices after meeting me for check in & providing vital info. However, was nearby & available if needed. Wifi isn't great & only works in the kitchen which is annoying but manageable. I can imagin in high season this would be a nice place to stay.

Well, I was alone in a 10 person's room so I had lot of space. Room was big and bright, bed excellent. I got advices from staff how to come to Guimaraes from Pinjau. Only bad thing was that wifi doesn't work.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Everything is excellent, the staff are nice too! Free entry to the front door and the room with the key card, very convenient! Located at the city centre, easy to find! However, you need to call the staff and wait them to find you before you arrived the hostel

I enjoyed my stay here. the bathrooms were nice and clean, the beds were nice and comfy and the kitchen facilities had everything you needed and was clean while I was there. the location is perfect and the wifi worked all the time. If arriving after hours i would suggest making contact (phone is best!) to arrange to get access to the hostel as staff only work certain hours. Otherwise this is a great hostel and I would stay again.