Hostel Santiago 31 Reviews

Praça de Santiago 31, Guimaraes, Portugal

I stayed there one night and the accomodation was fine. The problem is that when I arrived no receptionists were there and I waited almost 3 hours in the nearby bar were, fortunately, I met very good people who helped me and eventually they called the owner so I could get in this hostel. After this I would not recommend this hostel, even if the hostel was cozy and clean.

Everything was apparently perfect, good forniture, fantastic location, kitchen very equipped and kind staff. The big problem was in the night. We came back in our room after dinner and we found our room totally full of beetles!! It was horrible!! We couldn't sleep along all the night beacause we heard their steps on the parquet. But the worst thing was in the morning when opening our backpack we found inside an other beetle!!!! It was soooo nasty!! We are sorry but we can't raccomend this hostel

Very nice hostel and the price is also very cheap that is a very good choice for people who don't want to spend too much money in accommodations, I love this hostel a lot, because I met so many wonderful people ("roommates too") here. In addition, the keeper is very friendly and the room and shower rooms are also very clean, if you are looking for a good hostel in Guimaraes, you must choose "Hostel Santiago 31"!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

No staff at the hostel, if u need anything, u must call a mobile number (written at the front door). That's awful when u arrive at the first time, with heavy luggage. NO WI-FI! No lockers! Location is very good, but the instructions for going from the train station to the hostel shouldn't say "it's 10minute walk". It's more than that, going up a hill, in a part of the path. The breakfast beginning only at 9:00AM is a problem! Too late! The bathroom is shared, M + F, with glass partition.

This hostel was one the best hostels which i have ever stayed. It was so clean, full furnished, perfect located, friendly staff etc. Everything was perfect but the unique problem is that the hostel wasn't full of people