Hostel Santiago 31 Reviews

Praça de Santiago 31, Guimaraes, Portugal

Very nice hostel and the price is also very cheap that is a very good choice for people who don't want to spend too much money in accommodations, I love this hostel a lot, because I met so many wonderful people ("roommates too") here. In addition, the keeper is very friendly and the room and shower rooms are also very clean, if you are looking for a good hostel in Guimaraes, you must choose "Hostel Santiago 31"!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

No staff at the hostel, if u need anything, u must call a mobile number (written at the front door). That's awful when u arrive at the first time, with heavy luggage. NO WI-FI! No lockers! Location is very good, but the instructions for going from the train station to the hostel shouldn't say "it's 10minute walk". It's more than that, going up a hill, in a part of the path. The breakfast beginning only at 9:00AM is a problem! Too late! The bathroom is shared, M + F, with glass partition.

This hostel was one the best hostels which i have ever stayed. It was so clean, full furnished, perfect located, friendly staff etc. Everything was perfect but the unique problem is that the hostel wasn't full of people

The hostel is placed right in one of the main plazas in Guimaraes. Joao and his people just wonderfull All of them, very helpful and kind. The place is pretty clean, good accommodations and even's got a living room which was very helpful when I got sick. I'd definitely stay in this place again.... Although the place is very good, I must tell that there's a very nice bar right above it and plays loud music, so If you have problems sleeping don't forget to bring your earplugs! Cheers

I went at a really quiet time (only me & 1 other), this suited me as I was looking for a place to chill & rest, so had the place to myself. Receptionist left us to our own devices after meeting me for check in & providing vital info. However, was nearby & available if needed. Wifi isn't great & only works in the kitchen which is annoying but manageable. I can imagin in high season this would be a nice place to stay.

Well, I was alone in a 10 person's room so I had lot of space. Room was big and bright, bed excellent. I got advices from staff how to come to Guimaraes from Pinjau. Only bad thing was that wifi doesn't work.

Everything is excellent, the staff are nice too! Free entry to the front door and the room with the key card, very convenient! Located at the city centre, easy to find! However, you need to call the staff and wait them to find you before you arrived the hostel