Hostel Santini Prague Reviews

Nerudova 14, Lesser Town, Prague, Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Highly recommended.

Looks like an hotel. It's in a beautiful old building just around the corner from Charles Bridge, really calm location at night and still so close to the main attractions in the center. Staff were really nice and helpful. Only one suggestion: get a vegan friendly option for breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Lovely hostel literally in a palace, they did free breakfast, free sandwiches to go and free pasta and rice, you could basically live here from the price per night. Would highly recommend!

The hostel is beautiful, charming, well-kept, centrally situated in the Old Town and clean. They hold what they offer on the web site, with free breakfast, linen, towels, walking tours, WIFI, private bahtrooms and a picturesque building. The only negative was that I was promised via e-mail parking close to the premises with a large vehicle, which I learned was impossible because of their location, and that we were promised the possibility of an extension on our stay, which was not the case.

Stayed here for a few nights with my girlfriend and, although it might just have been the room we were in, the atmosphere seemed very cold and everyone kept to themselves much more than other places I've stayed - might be a product of the place lacking a real common area. When we arrived at the hostel we were met with a bit of a sarcasm by the lady at reception but other than that the staff seemed friendly enough. Location was great for getting in and out of town.

The hostel kicked us out of our room the last day despite the fact that we had booked and paid for all nights. They put all our stuff in plastic, garbage bags and when they realized they had made a mistake they put us in different rooms and didn't give us any compensation, which sucks if you're traveling with a friend you won't see for another six months when you get home. It happened to many other people we spoke to as well.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Sweden

This is the best hostel I've stayed in yet! The building is so beautiful it looks like a 4* hotel. The rooms are spacious and there were two bathrooms for 12 bed dorm. Bathroom were really clean and there's lockers in your room. You get free breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. Breakfast is only cereal and warmish milk but it's free so I can't complain. Right next to the castle and only a short walk (15 mins) to old town. Would definitely recommend.

Very good place. Cheap, well situated, quiet and staff gives good advices about the city.

• 19th Aug 2015

We travelled round Europe and stayed in a number of different hostels but this hostel is by far the best one for value for money, location and over all niceness. The hostel is so pretty and I would recommend it to anyone

This hostel is more like a hotel, which is great! You get a keycard to enter your room and a key for the lockers. We only stayed for one day, and left fairly early in the morning so we didn't use the free breakfast. The room a super clean! Our 12 bed dorm had two bathrooms!

Love the location and price, but they kick you out of the rooms at exactly 10am, and I have seen some guests get moved from one room to another because another group is coming in and requested to be together so they make you "check out" at 10am then "check in" again after 2pm meaning you have no place to stay for the duration of the day. The free breakfast is hot milk and cocoa puffs, but they have coffee! They do have a kitchen you can use which is nice but its not very stocked.

This Hostel is just great! The location is perfect. Just below the castle and close to the city centre but far enough to enjoy a quiet atmosphere. In the same street you can find a very good veg restaurant and a wonderful cafeteria :-) The hostel is very clean and guests seemed to be very respectful of common spaces. In the price you have breakfast included. Coffee/tea/juice, milk with cereals and a good sandwich. If I may it should be possible to pay with credit cards as well. Not just cash.

Great hostel with great location and great staff:)

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

brilliant hostel.very clean and great location across the bridge from old town. had a lovely time here.

I stayed in Hostel Santini Prague. The people who I met in there were so cool, but the place is bad. In the same room, some lockers were broken, four people lost laptops, cameras and credit card. I went to the police alone and had some difficulty to explain to the policeman about it, because he doesn't speak english well and the staff didn't do anything to help... Only recovery the lockers (because there were others new guests at the room) and said "so sorry" and nothing more.

• 13th Aug 2015

Certainly a cool place, it's pretty much a palace...bathrooms are lovely, clean and beds are comfortable. Why the haven't invested in air con yet is ridiculous though. Not much of a social area sadly but would stay again given price. Improve your breakfast though!

Hostel was in perfect location and staff were very knowledgable and helpful. Rooms were v.clean and myself and my friends felt as though we were in a Hotel rather than Hostel

• 11th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was ok. It wasn't that easy to meet other travelers because there is no bar and people don't really hang out in the kitchen area. I was there during the heatwave, and our room didn't have windows or a fan and it was just way too hot to sleep.

I would say the place is worth of money. I found the place nicely located: castle near by in late nite is open and loooks best in moon light, also there are other turistics places and markets near by. Room of 12 was filled with nice ppl and I slept in silence like baby. Only things I would be nagging would be missing common kitchen and the less-secure lockers - the door of locker and its screws were left in my hands when i opened it. Otherwise, thanks !

Beautiful hostel with very helpful and friendly staff! We stayed 3 nights here, and it just so happened to be the hottest weekend in Prague history....and with no air...it was very very hot and hard to sleep at night. Especially on the 3rd floor!

• 8th Aug 2015