Hostel Santini Prague Reviews

Nerudova 14, Lesser Town, Prague, Czech Republic

A far as location goes, this hostel was in a very good place. And other than friendly staff, I think the rest was not very good. They gave me a room right by the reception so it was very loud during all hours, secondly, the room had no windons and for 6 people to breath the same air over and over that's just wrong. And to finish, there was a flooding in my room, water just started coming from the bricks on the wall and it was a mess, the worst was the girl saying that last year was worst.

I would still be there if i could. A 5* hotel turned into a hostel. It is by far the cheapest hostel i've stayed in but it was so much better than all the rest. Free WiFi everywhere, staff friendly and sort any problems quickly. Very clean. Basically just amazing. Loved it, deffo will be back one day.

Breakfast could be more varied, more keys for larger groups, an extra shower would be more comfortable, overall a very good hostel!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very helpful and friendly staff. I was with a group of 9 and the room was a really good size. Large secure lockers were available in the room free of charge. No complaints here. Perfect hostel and I would stay again. Hello to Marissa from Scotland!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Basically a hotel remade into a hostel. Hotel standard bathrooms, wood panelled bunks and ceilings, cosy, comfortable interiors. Staff were extremely friendly and obliging, location walking distance from everything, a stroll from the Charles Bridge and the Old Town. In the shadow of Prague castle and surrounded by restaurants catering for varied budgets and diets (a vegan and a vegetarian restaurant just up the street). Breakfast is free but nothing special at all.

Great place to stay. Beautiful building, great staff, excellent location.

The hostel is in a beautiful 17th century mansion with an excellent location in easy walking distance of everywhere you'd want to go as a tourist. It's clean and well-kept.

This place was a nice relaxing place to stay.

Great location and friendly staff however lack of communal space for socialising let's it down. A pleasant stay all the same

• 1st Jul 2014

Really just a great hostel to stay at. I imagine you could find something cheaper (since everything in Prague is so comparably cheap), but I still enjoyed my stay for maybe slightly more money than I could find elsewhere. Really welcoming staff, free (although not good) breakfast, free coffee, good Wi-Fi, common area. Not too much bad to say honestly. Located right by the castle district

The staff was nice and hospitable, good value for the money and location - just two minutes in the back is the castle.

Best location, you won't believe is a hostel !!!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Fantastic facilities. I mean, really great! Like a hotel inside. Breakfast was super solid with a lovely sandwich included. Staff was okay: I was asked to pay cash only (which was fine), but then they didn't have the Crowns to give me only a small amount of change, which was aggravating. Location was good, but not exactly in the middle of main tourist things, rather right next to Castle District, which is a bit more peaceful. Main issue was uncontrolled noise from several school groups.

Great location near Prague castle. Beds are the most comfortable that I have stated on with HUGE pillows. Some of the staff was friendly and great; others didn't even recognize me despite interacting with them several times. Kitchen was small and sometimes lacking, but breakfast was filling and the sandwich was great for a snack or lunch.

• 27th Jun 2014

Wonderful stay!! One of the best hostel I've ever been!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Beautiful building, lovely rooms, big lockers, nice clean bathroom, free towels, very friendly staff, free breakfast (cereal and drinks + packed sandwich that you can take with you), perfect location (close to Charles Bridge and the Old Town, Petrin tower, Strahov Monastery, and the central station). The only negative would be that they don't take credit cards, only cash in Czech currency but not a big deal as there is an ATM right across the street.

I stayed three nights in the Hostel Santini Prague with two friends of mine. Overall, our stay was good throughout our trip. However, I have a significant complaint and as a traveler, would like to know this before staying here. The maid stole my $250 Michael Kors watch while myself and my two friends were IN THE ROOM. My watch was on the floor, the maid picked it up to wash the floors (my friend heard the jingle of the watch) and when they left, the watch was gone. Staff was not helpful.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Helpful and friendly staff. Location is good but not exactly close to mais bars and pubs - walking distance. The structure is amazing.. Basically a 4 stars hotel tansformed into a hostel. Good choice.

There is a free breakfast that consists of cereal and tea and coffee. You also get a free sandwich to take with you for lunch although it's mainly bread. The shower was extremely clean. It was a cozy place where it was easy to meet people. We are staying here again at the end of our trip. Only negative:You stow things in a room behind the main desk, it made us nervous. There was a lot of people just going in with out any record of taking bags. The lockers in the room are too small to fit any bag

Although some people prefer staying closer to the touristy area, I very much enjoyed being on the other side of the river (which was only 10 minutes walking distance from the old town square). The building itself is very beautiful and clean, and the front desk staff is very helpful. The beds, I must say, are not the most comfortable I've found in hostels, but everything else makes up for that. I spent almost a week at Hostel Santini and I would certainly stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6