Hostel Sao Jorge Reviews

Rua Cel. Pilad Rebu, 1605, two blocks from bus station, Bonito, Brazil

Staff nice but poorly informed about the job or tours (or not sharing), as a result I booked a tour not knowing I would have to wait 4 hours while everyone did an activity I was not offered to buy, also not told to wear closed shoes for the falls excursion so had to rent some and the guide didnt speak English so most of itwas lost on us finally told that the bus to campo Grande only stopped in two places so I had to take a room at that hotel, when in reality it stopped at whatever hotel you boo

Hostel has good for the price , but pretty basic and there is not much choice of cheap accomodation in bonito ,no windows and all paint in white in our room , could be more decorated , staff friendly but they sell us a trip that was really not worth the money, i would stay again but i would book my trip on the street ,they are all the same price

Nice hostel and a great retreat after a days activities. Horse your bike from CyloMax down tin the town for R$20 instead of the more expensive place next door and buy your Balneario Municipal ticket from the hostel for a great day out. There needed to be better communication between staff and guests when I was there as they booked me on trips that I never agreed to (only discussed) and got upset when they had to cancel them. Great big breakfast & on the Main Street. Recommended.

Very good Hostel!

Good comfortable bed, and you can sometimes find an English speaking staff member (which can be a challenge in Bonito). Tours organised through tour agency are fine, but expensive. Kitchen is outside.

Staff is really willing to help you, which is great

Bonito is not backpacker friendly at all I ended up only staying one night because I could not get on the overpriced tour I wanted to do. They refused to refund me my money for the other nights even though I told them on the first night I would not be staying, I got nothing back at all.

Nice Hostel + very helpful and well organiced (no so easy to find in Brazil ;) staff). I can really recommend this accommodation!

Really nice, comfortable hostel for exploring Bonito. All tours can be organised through them. I had a couple of issues with tours being disorganised though with one staff member. Just be sure to check dates carefully. Probably a good idea to organise most popular tours in advance.

Nice hostel with travel/tour agency. Basic rooms but comfortable. Some lovely cakes at breakfast! Thoroughly recommend the snorkelling day trip to the springs, expensive but worth it as the water's really clear so you see a lot of fish.

Kitchen area and cleaning staff are very noisy in the morning. Rooms and corridor need to be better soundproofed. Aside from that this is a good hostel, great wifi, warm showers and helpful tour desk. Would recommend...with ear plugs for the time being!

Overall the hostel is great, we enjoyed our stay there. Location is great, right on the main strip of Bonito. The front office of the hostel is a tour agency which books all tours/etc, which is convenient. On the other hand, the focus was very much on booking tours, and less so on servicing the hostel. Some of the staff (including owner) were great, a couple of them didn't have great attitudes. I think it might be a more enjoyable place during the high season. All was well-kept and clean.

a really nice hostel that is very good located on the maine street. nice staff that will always helps you with all your questions. good breaktfast and a nice kitchen-area. the rooms and bathrooms are very clean!

I didn't really enjoy staying at this hostel. For one the toilets don't work and therefore stink out the dorm rooms, there are no lockers which is a real pain, when the hostel staff say they will put your bags in a safe place after you check out they mean they will just leave them sitting there in reception where all the doors are left open and the staff walk in and out of. The kitchen was crappy and disgusting, found a million bugs in all the cupboards. They pay for good reviews

Had the best stay! Excellent breakfast and celebrated my birthday properly with Raphael! Thanks guys!

Very good pousada, good accomodation, very good and generous breakfast. And above all that, the staff was fantastic, helful, informative and simply nice people you like to meet when you travel. Definitively an adress to recommend!

Thanks all for the great stay...I´ll be back soon !!

This hostel is great and I recommend you stay here. The staff were fantastic, spoke English fluently and did everything they could to make our stay great. They helped us book our activities and even helped us plan our onward travel and accommodation. There are a few things that would help to improve the hostel, but they are aware of this and working hard to make the changes. For example, they were building lockers whilst we were there. Being able to pay by credit card was useful.

We stayed at Sao Jorge for 3 nights and had a really good time! The staff is very helpfull and friendly! They booked tours for us and listened to what we had to say. The outdoor kitchen was not that clean, but this had nothing to do with the hostel, just the travellers living there. The shower were not that great, I have to say. There was a really bad smell from the bathroom and you kind of got a electricshock from touching the shower knob, but again, it is really cheap and I would recommend it!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Great location of hostel, right on the main road but its really quiet, even in the garden. The communal areas are nice, people are great, and staff are so friendly and helpful. Room was small but clen and had all basics we needed. Wouls stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4