Hostel Shappy Reviews

Varsavska 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Shappy is amazing- the staff is incredible, the location couldn't be better, the rooms and facilities are impeccably clean and comfortable, and the AC works like a gem. perfect in my book.

After a long couple of days of travel we were greeted by a friendly and very helpful receptionist which was great! She helped us find cheap overnight car parking and pointed us in the direction of delicious food and night life. The rooms were basic but clean and had good security facilities. The shared bathrooms were also kept very clean. Really enjoyed our experience at this hostel!

Very nice, clean, modern facilities. Good wifi, showers, bed. Perfect location. Very helpful staff. Minor things to improve: the open/close sound from lockers (electronic lock) is way too loud, you wake people up. Bedside power outlets would be nice also for upper beds.

This is definitely one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's super clean and modern feeling, but still has a nice, friendly feel. After weeks of staying in hostels, this was my first decent night's sleep in a long time. It's location is great for getting around Zegreb. The staff are helpful and friendly. The free coffee/tea in the morning is a nice way to start the day too.

Very centrally located, very clean (they not only give you towel but changed mine during my 5 day stay), silent, safe, well-equipped (bed lights, air-conditioners, lots of electrical sockets, good wifi), helpful staff, "Shappy" is more like a B&B (sadly, without breakfast). For teenagers and very young people looking for bedroom parties, it would be boring, but that is exactly why I would definitely both recommend it and stay there again.

Value for money stay at this price

We stayed for a just a brief night but it was great from what we experienced. The shower heads were broken in two showers so you have to struggle a bit balancing the bath wand. But that was minor. Bath mat to control wet floors would be great! Great staff and perfect location. Taxi from train station is like $3 USD! The door and lock mechanisms are odd and caused false alarms so be careful. AC was appreciated!

I stayed in both the mixed dorm and the all female dorm. Both rooms were nice, but the all female dorm was much nicer. The location was perfect. Great for walking around in the evenings and immediately crashing in a quiet bed.

Great Hostal, great Staff, great ubicacion. Only a little expensive for a Hostel, you find like this for less money in Rome, Vienna, Prague and more touristic cities.

I enjoyed my staying in Hostel Shappy so much and I would recommend it to all of my friends & acquitances undoubtedly! My greetings to stuff, they are very nice people & I wish them all the best in their work!!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Slovakia

Perhaps the cleanest and most modern, hotel-like hostel I have every stayed in. Staff was welcoming and friendly, and helpful (even with things like booking bus tickets to our next destination!) Excellent central location in Zagreb's very walkable, very cool central square area. No on-site laundry, but available at a neighboring hostel (

Very good Hostel. Localization is top and the prices are also OK!

• 25th Feb 2015