Hostel Shappy Reviews

Varsavska 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Just stay there, you won't regret it!

Absolutely amazing hostel!! Very modern and well kept. They had these very posh lockers meaning my things couldn't be safer! The lady on the desk was so nice - very friendly and very helpful! Location was perfect as it was in the city centre. Also very friendly guests (big shout to David from Sweden - top bloke!) only thing is the wifi didn't really work in the room but was fine downstairs. Otherwise I couldn't recommend it more, stay here!

This place was more of like a hotel! The air con worked really well. The wifi signal was weak in our rooms, but if you go to the patio it was strong. Decorated beautifully. Not a party hostel. Definitely a place to relax and get some much needed rest during your travels. Coffee in the morning for free. Near the city center.

Cool hostel. Every time I went to my room, I had to pass through two or three doors with awesome locks that made me feel like Batman. Really liked the staff - fun and super helpful. One minor complaint is that the A/C in our room might have been more of a heater, but other than that, everything was great.

Brilliant location, excellent security with very fancy locks in all doors that only the users know the codes for so everyone felt very safe! Lovely staff who were very helpful about everything. Brilliant place with nothing bad to say about it, Zagreb is awesome!!

We only stayed here for one night but it was probably one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in. Good location close to heaps of restaurants

This hostel had a great facility with a modern, urban vibe. It was very clean and central to everything!

Great Hostel!! It's in an amazing location, steps away from the main square. There's a grocery store right beside it and a good food court for cheap lunches/dinner. It's nice and quiet, so you can get some peaceful rest when you want but because you are so close to the square you can get drinks late- best option!

Look no further for affordable and clean accommodation right in the centre of Zagreb. Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Great place to stay, so central. The place was gorgeous, very modern and it had a/c. The lady staff member was so so kind and helpful. I will for sure stay here again.

Shappy is amazing- the staff is incredible, the location couldn't be better, the rooms and facilities are impeccably clean and comfortable, and the AC works like a gem. perfect in my book.

After a long couple of days of travel we were greeted by a friendly and very helpful receptionist which was great! She helped us find cheap overnight car parking and pointed us in the direction of delicious food and night life. The rooms were basic but clean and had good security facilities. The shared bathrooms were also kept very clean. Really enjoyed our experience at this hostel!

Very nice, clean, modern facilities. Good wifi, showers, bed. Perfect location. Very helpful staff. Minor things to improve: the open/close sound from lockers (electronic lock) is way too loud, you wake people up. Bedside power outlets would be nice also for upper beds.

This is definitely one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It's super clean and modern feeling, but still has a nice, friendly feel. After weeks of staying in hostels, this was my first decent night's sleep in a long time. It's location is great for getting around Zegreb. The staff are helpful and friendly. The free coffee/tea in the morning is a nice way to start the day too.

Very centrally located, very clean (they not only give you towel but changed mine during my 5 day stay), silent, safe, well-equipped (bed lights, air-conditioners, lots of electrical sockets, good wifi), helpful staff, "Shappy" is more like a B&B (sadly, without breakfast). For teenagers and very young people looking for bedroom parties, it would be boring, but that is exactly why I would definitely both recommend it and stay there again.

Value for money stay at this price

We stayed for a just a brief night but it was great from what we experienced. The shower heads were broken in two showers so you have to struggle a bit balancing the bath wand. But that was minor. Bath mat to control wet floors would be great! Great staff and perfect location. Taxi from train station is like $3 USD! The door and lock mechanisms are odd and caused false alarms so be careful. AC was appreciated!

I stayed in both the mixed dorm and the all female dorm. Both rooms were nice, but the all female dorm was much nicer. The location was perfect. Great for walking around in the evenings and immediately crashing in a quiet bed.

Great Hostal, great Staff, great ubicacion. Only a little expensive for a Hostel, you find like this for less money in Rome, Vienna, Prague and more touristic cities.

I enjoyed my staying in Hostel Shappy so much and I would recommend it to all of my friends & acquitances undoubtedly! My greetings to stuff, they are very nice people & I wish them all the best in their work!!!

• 14th Apr 2015