Hostel Siriri Reviews

Calle primera, Barrio Marbella, Panama City, Panama

Pablo and staff were great. The hostel is continually being modernized with lounging mattresses indoors and mattresses surrounding the swimming pool (currently being installed). The community areas with pool table, TVs for movies and World Cup matches, and kitchen space was wonderful. And receiving free Panama license plates for my school classroom sweetened the deal. Clean rooms and bathrooms as well.

They employ kids as staff who have no idea what they doing and were drunk when got there. They didn't know I was booked in they couldn't calculate how much I needed to pay they didn't know which rooms had beds free and didn't really know anything about the city

POOR JUDGMENT YOURS! we have an employee doing the nights, who is 17teen, he is my wife`s brother , and my wife and me live in the hostel so we are here 24h a day, he works from 12:00pm to 6:30am , and he is learning the job, if you need tourist information you can wait at 6:31am, and the same if you want to pay. About the affirmation that he was drunk, is funny , this "kid" play football every afternoon and he doesn,t like the alcohol neither the cigarretts, 94% of staff rating talks alone...

Really Nice and clean place! Very friendly and helpful staff. Dorms are well isolated from the noise downstairs. Only 3 bathrooms for 4 dorms though... Had to wait a few times for shower, toilet or just brushing my teeth :S only problem we had really was for the airport shuttle. I confirmed 3 times the day before and the morning of the person working had no idea so we had to call a taxi and pay double the price...

Hi friend, thanks for the review! about the bathrooms, we have almost finished the 5 new showers in the backstreet, the next time you come here you will not wait for the bathrooms!! and i,m so sorry for the mistake with the shuttle service , is our first month with it and we are making mistakes, hopefully in a couple of months it will work better, un saludo Pablo

Poor hostel. The double room is a joke. It is trapped between the reception, entry and kitchen - so the noisiest place in the hostel. It doesn't even have a window (wtf!?). The staff wasn't very helpful and the laundry wasn't ready after a day. The "breakfast" is ridiculous too - some old plain toast (nothing else - nothing to drink and not even butter).

A great and quit hostel. I liked it and will stay there another time again.

Booked a private room. Because of "Network Error" we had to sleep in a 10 bed dorm. During our stay we could not find a private room in this hostel. I don't think there is one. For ~60 people they have 3 bathrooms. Each with one toilet and one shower. This means you have to wait for ages if you have to go to the toilet.

Hi Sir, i`m so sorry with the big mistake made with your booking , our new recepcionist made a big mistake and he lost your booking in our only one private room, i said him that you must had the staying for free in the shared rooms but he didnt take care of it and he charged you the regular price, excuse us for this sir. This week we are going to finish the new 5 showers, at least we have 8 showers for the 34 guests of the hostel. Again excuse us for the mistake with your booking.

Very helpful staff, friendly enough vibe, close to supermarkets but need to get the metro into the old town or bus station

Nice hostel with good swimming pool. Hostel needs more than 3 bathrooms, often a queue for shower etc. Helpful staff. Good facilities - lockers, computer, pool table, swimming pool. Good location, near Avenida Balboa.

Had to stay in a room with no windows and was very, very small. No lockers in the room.

Hi, about our only one private room, it was the room of the workers of the Thainland embassy during 40 years, is small but everybody try to choose this room because is private, it had a window but we took out it because was a problem with the noise, now is more silent. we provide lockers with key for free but they are at the lobby in front of the guard. If you dont like the room where you have to stay , just let us know and we will move you to another one!

A very cool vibe in a great location. The owners are always there to give advice and help in any way they can. I ended up staying here for 2 weeks. Air Con is great in the rooms. See that people complain about the bathrooms but I never had to wait very long at all. The building is beautiful and VERY CLEAN. Highly recommend if you are looking for a fun social hostel.

Stayed in a 8 person dorm. The staff does a good job keeping the hostel clean. Nice that there is a pool because it gets too hot in the rooms. Lockers with key are free. Staff is only helpful when you ask them a question-they don't give suggestions to what to do while staying in panama. Used a shuttle called Hostel Ride to and from the airport and it was only $9 one way instead of $30 with taxi. About 10 min to bus station.

Excellent location, shops and transport nearby. The guy who runs the place is great, very helpful, good advice on cheap options, always cleaning and generally a great guy. New showers were being built while I was there which will be good. Could do with storage/lockers in rooms although felt my kit was safe.

Staff was helpful when asked. Never felt pressure for any tours. The only negative thing was that there was no hot water for the 5 days there. Wifi throughout the hostel. Lockers were free and key was provided. Need more hostel activities.

Hi lady, since our opening 7 months ago, we always had hot water by gas, April 20th the day we were without hot water during 5 hours, that,s all, the hot water is the left key and the cold water is the right key, you have to open the left key for the hot water.

Thank you a lot Pablo and Vicky, You did my days in Panama really easy. The Hostel is a really nice place, with a friendly athmosphere. The pool and the comun areas are extraordinary, and the birds outside are a very good detail. 100% recomendable. Once again thank you.

Good atmosphere, nice people, very equipped, many facilities like lockers with key free, free pool table, barbecue and much more, highly recommended

• 14th Apr 2014

The place is fairly new, which is nice. However, it was a little challenging to find and the receptionists were not too helpful with information, however I was super appreciative that they had a left over international calling card, which I used at no cost, so thank you!

Siriri was a great place. I was only there for a night but met great people and enjoyed cervezas next to the pool with new friends. A bar district is just down the street. Pablo the owner was super cool. They ran out of coffee in the morning and he threw me a few bucks and asked me to walk down to the pharmacy and pick up some for the hostel. He could have just said we were out of luck.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great place and they are make more shower so I would recommend staying here. Everything was as good or better than any place I have stayed in Panama.

• 9th Apr 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. Extended my stay there twice.

• 8th Apr 2014

The staff is amazing. The place was really clean. I enjoyed watching the birds everyday as they lined up at one of the many bird feeders on the property. I wouldnt change anything except for maybe adding some bathrooms. Three bathrooms didnt seem like enough but is okay if you plan your time in it during off peak hours.