Hostel Skend Sarajevo Reviews

No Rating

The Skend is an excellent place to stay for people on a budget. The hostess is a welcoming and warm lady with whom we communicated well even if she spoke very little English. The room was small, but adequate. We had all items for breakfast in the fridge. The cheap tram took us to the bazar district.

• 15th Jul 2012
  • Norway

Being the only guest there, in November, I was relegated to a very small room, however, it was directly attached to the breakfast room and kitchen, as well as the pc desk. I had unlimited access to all of that anytime and was very pleased overall. The location is older, well known to all, and easy to find. It is also in short walking distance from the main sights of Sarajevo. The staff is friendly and caring and pretty much gives you all the space you want. I'd stay there again anytime.

We only stayed in the hostel one night, but in the short time we were there we appreciated the trouble our host had gone to to look after us. We were provided with slippers on arrival and in the room itself was a choice of food for breakfast the next day. It was like staying in someones house, it was more luxurious than other hostels we stayed in but was also considerably more expensive.

Excellent! Very friendly and welcoming! Best breakfast we had in five weeks of Interrailling! We will be back here in a flash if we visit Sarajevo again. Mama Sarajevo was the best :)

Conveniently located and greatly managed by the lovable landlady. A great place to stay to have more comfort at a reasonable price.Highly recommended!

Lovely place to stay. Hosts were absolutely lovely and very friendly. Place was immaculately clean and comfortable. Particularly suitable for the slightly more mature traveller or someone who wants a quiet time for a few days. Though the private rooms were not ensuite, you had your own private bathroom. Not in the centre of things but close enough for a stay in the city centre.

Hostel Skend is a very nice place. Rooms are large, very clean and clear. There is internet wifi, breakfast is provided in the rooms. It is located 10 minutes walk from the pedestrian area and 15 minutes from the old town. The owner is nice and very helpful.

The lady that attended us and her niece were so charming that instantly we felt like home. The breakfast was very nice, with some homemade jams and juices. We would like to thank them the kindness with which they treated us, and to advise this place to everyone that would like to visit Sarajevo. Worthwhile.

People and place was very nice only clearness wasn't at the top, in the kitchen was full of quite old staff. But it's worth to stay for kindness of staff, in particulary husband of grandma

Really sweet hostel run by a lovely couple who were very welcoming. Nice touches such as the tray with homemade jams for breakfast and the bowl of biscuits in the room. A bit of a walk into town but flat and easy to do. Bathrooms and furnishings new and comfortable. Would recommend this hostel as a good place to chill out and have that 'home away from home' break.

My stay in the Hostel Skend was great - and the wonderful family owning it makes it really special. Very warm-hearted, hospitable people! Concerning the room: really good size, very comfortable and clean, all you need was there (fridge, toaster, water heater, WLAN). Absolutely recommmend it!!!

The owners were very friendly. Good location only about 10 mins walk from the Turkish Quarter. Basic continental breakfast was included which was great and also could have tea or coffee at any time.

The hotel is not far from the center of the town. I highly recommend it.

I lost my passport in Mostar and when hearing about this the owners and staff told me that they would be letting me stay as their guest free of charge. They were so pleasant and it gives you joy to make us still feel we live in a world of opening our hearts. I recommend this hostel to anyone. Not only are the owners-staff great. You'll get great value in staying there. I can't thank them enough for the extra 6 days that I had to stay.

You can say that this hostel is a service apartment. There is a tv (with Discovery channel, NGC etc) and a kitchen for u as well. It's really nice !

Owner Skenderija is a very nice person, she is kindness & helpful. Next time when I plan to re-visit Sarajevo, I must choose her

This is run by a lovely family although they don't speak very good English so was difficult at times... Double room was huge and was a very comfortable and relaxing stay. Close to trams and Old Town.Breakfast was also good.

We were made to feel very welcome in this super wee hostel. Rooms and facilities were very clean and at a bargain price.

this is a nice quiet hostel close to all ammenities. The woman who runs it is delightful!

More like a private B&B than a hostel. Really nice. Fridge in your room is stocked, and you make breakfast for yourself. Was a splurge for us on our budget RTW trip, but a good one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4