Hostel Skippy Reviews

Plesivecka 123, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Very nice place and delicious coffe!

• 27th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Perfect view at the balcony! I enjoyed a lot there~ Free coffee or tea for the morning. Everything is just the same as pictures~ Hosts are nice and good, they told me where to eat and where to visit upon arrival. They lived there also so it's easy for you to ask for information or needs.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

It's a very charming hostel with a charming veranda with a charming host! We love it and the scenery it provides, but it really is not for someone who bring a lot of luggage with them, because it's quite far, and the street is not suitable for suitcase wheel. Except if we opt for a taxi.

Skippy was a lovely host. You will not find a more kind-hearted host in Cesky Krumlov than her. As for the actual site, the house is very quaint and the rooms are large. The deck on the Vltava is beautiful, furthermore - I had the chance to drink (complementary) coffee alongside the river every morning. The house is a block or two away from a market and a coffeehouse, and it is five minutes away from the central area of the city. All in all, Hostel Skippy was a great choice and I'd recommend it

Lovely place to stay, very welcoming and Skippy is full of information!

Everything was OK. Excellent location - just few steps from oldtown, on the riverside of Veltava. Great staff.

Hostel skippy was a great place! Very intimate and homey experience. Skippy is incredible and one of the sweetest people we came across on our journey. The back porch on the river is wildly beautiful, and Skippy's morning coffee completed the picture. We stayed in the dorm and I think if we stayed there again we would go with a private. It would be worth it to have your own space there. Very fast wifi.

The building was quaint and in a decent location to the old town. The mattress were quite hard, there was only one shower for everyone, so cold water and long wait times. Our room faced the street, where there was a streetlight, but had see through curtains, so we had bright light and loud street noise all night. The other side of the building would probably be a lot better. The terrace was breathtaking, was a very relaxing place to sit.

This homely hostel is on a very attractive place at a river near the city center. The property owners are very lovely people. I enjoyed my stay very much. When I go to Český Krumlov, I will surely stay here again. Thanks.

Beautiful little hostel on the river. Really quiet if you're by yourself so great for a few days retreat but not a big social place so depends what you're looking for. Skippy is lovely and cesky krumlov is a gorgeous little town to explore!

Skippy is a very warm and welcoming person. She patiently sat with us to take us through the map of the town. She makes one of the best coffee in the world. We enjoyed the stat at her place!!

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • India

Loved our stay at Hostel Skippy. Skippy is a fantastic hostess, welcoming, friendly, full of great advice. The hostel location right on the river is amazing, great deck to chill out on or have a coffee made fresh by Skippy. Short walk to town. Rooms are simple but full of character, has everything you need. Highly recommended!!

Awful place and bad smell and sheets are not fresh

It is a lovely hostel, beside the river. The balcony is really nice. The host is also helpful. I had a good stay over there.

A delightful little hostel on the river in cesky krumlov. The owner is friendly and welcoming, and will provide you with a map and point out the good places to eat in town (and there are some seriously good ones!). Our room was spacious with everything we needed, and the bathrooms are shared but as its a very small hostel we never had to wait. Breakfast on the balcony overlooking the river before a day of walking was a really lovely way to start the day

I had such an amazing stay at Hostel Skippy! I went for a night and stayed for 3 I was so pleased with Cesky Krumlov. As a solo traveler, it is so enjoyable to get to a place and immediately feel at home. The location is a quick walk from the bus stop and is right on the river. I enjoyed reading and drinking on the deck watching kayakers go by. Olga and Skippy could not be lovelier hosts! I cannot recommend this place enough, i will return!

This hostel was fine. close to center and access for the river. The pillows smelled old and kind of gross but the room was quaint. hot as one of the windows was broken and couldn't open. Skippy is very sweet and energetic. The other person there is rude. we asked for tea and got rejected in a rude manner. We were rushed out quickly which was unsettling. Even had the door knocked on over an hour before check out. My morning wash was interrupted by the host coming in and cleaning. Felt so strange.

• 31st Aug 2015

You must be confused about check out time because you checked out well after twelve, a good two hours past check out and we let you sleep in as long as possible before having to knock on your door to make sure we could have time to prepare the room for other guests. We are happy to make free coffee and tea for all of our guests in the morning when we are around but as you checked out so late the cleaning person you expected to serve you simply told you Skippy was out. Happy Travels.

Amazing location of the hostel right besides the river. Olga and Skippy are really helpful. The recommendations from Olga made our stay even more better. Nice, quiet, simple, quaint set-up far away from the maddening world. Really glad to have visited.

Really nice place, next to the river and 10 minutes walking from the city center. The room was very clean, confortable and quite. We shared the bathroom with other guests but everything was very clean and tidy. In the hostel there was a fridge available for everyone and a very nice terrace with tables on the riverside. The owner was very kind and give us very nice suggestions for our stay in Cesky Krumlov.

• 15th Aug 2015