Hostel Skippy Reviews

Plesivecka 123, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

A perfect escape in a wonderful town. Beautiful location on the river, just minutes from the hustle of a the tourists.

• 11th Jul 2014

Pros: We loved staying here (3 of us for 3 nights in a 3-bed room). The hosts were very considerate, helpful, and informative. The bathrooms were kept very clean and the patio overlooking the Vltava was beautiful and covered in case of rain. The beds were fairly comfortable and the location made town easily accessible. The atmosphere was definitely more of a guest house than a hostel, which we liked a lot. Con: only one: only one full bathroom, which is a bit tricky with a full house.

I had a really good time there. The two ladies who run the hostel are really nice and make everything to make their guests feel comfortable. From the hostel terrace you have a really good view to the river and its nice to sit there and chill. It's a quiet hostel but with friendly people. It's a good place to relax. I loved it and I would recommend it to everyone :)

This was my favourite hostel in Krumlov! Skipper and Olga are super friendly and fun! This hostel felt more like someone's home: it's an older, beautiful house, with nice spacious rooms, and a really nice covered deck out the back, with a view on the river. Great atmosphere. The wifi works best on the deck but is fine over all. There are two toilets and one (non-hostel) shower, and I never found an occupied bathroom. It's a short and easy walk from town. I would definitely go back here!!

We loved everything about our stay with Skippy. Comfy bed. Great host. Great atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 26th Jun 2014

This cozy guesthouse is only a short walk from the old town and about a 20 minute walk from the main bus station. Skippy and OLgA are warm and welcoming hosts. The rooms are spacious with comfy beds, there's nice hot water in the shared bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen for preparing meals. The nearby supermarket and bakery supply breakfast and grocery needs, and the local bar is only a few steps away. WiFi was excellent.

Nice terrace and nice staff. Quiet. No towels. No euros accepted.

lovely people, nice hostel, beautiful city

We enjoyed our stay at Skippy Hostel and hope to come back soon :).

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Starting our mornings with breakfast and chess on the balcony overlooking the Vlatava river is hard to beat. We stayed in the spacious double room overlooking the river. This hostel had a lay back, quiet atmosphere. The bathroom appeared to be cleaned daily and was always impeccable. Hosts were helpful and friendly and recommended a number of attractions and good eats. Good wifi connection.

Great place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The staff are extremely nice.

We had a lovely stay at the Skippy hostel. The owner welcomed us very warmly and gave us good tips for restaurants, etc. The view from the teras on the river is so charming and having breakfast there was a really nice experience.

• 21st May 2014
  • Slovakia

Biggest thanks to Skippy for showing us an amazing time in Cesky Krumlov! We had an incredibly wonderful and relaxing time at her hostel and really loved every minute. The hostel itself is perfect; when you walk in the door you feel like you're immediately at home (especially hanging out on the big porch that looks directly over the river) and Skippy herself is beyond hospitable. Thanks again for a lovely visit!!

• 20th May 2014

definitely enjoyed staying there. in the main tourist attraction with supportive staff!

Lovely place right outside of the city. Which is just 10 mins away. If you are looking for a nice chill place to stay this is the place to be.terrace by the river, nice clean toilet, lovely owner and comfortable bed (for the money you pay for).Skippy is sucha gem. She makes you feel at home straight away. Will definitely stay there again when I'm back at krumlov!

• 12th May 2014
  • Singapore

A bit out of town, but nothing crazy.. Once you tackle the stairs, all is good. Skippy is an amazing host, and the building ios fully of character.m definable recommend to anyone in the area.

The balcony was very nice when the weather was good, a quiet place where you can enjoy the tranquility of this village. I really appreciate it especially when the tourists seem to occupy every corner of this town. The only disadvantage of this hostel, I would say that may be the structure of it. If you live downstairs, the movements of people upstairs inevitably make noises and that might be a little bit annoying for those who want to get up late. Otherwise everything is nice : )

Skippy and Olga were awesome hosts! Had a great time conversing with them about all sorts of stuff. They know the area very well so just ask them if you need anything. Location was ideal and beautiful. I loved sitting on the terrace listening to the sound of the river as I read or had a beer. Highly recommend!

Hostel skippy is the best hostel!!!! The owners(two ladies) are very very nice. We talk to each other like friends. The room is clean and stylish. It's not a big hostel but it gives you warmth. Love it so much!!! Stayed for 2 nights with my friend. Even we booked the wrong room, The owner arranged the double bed room for us. Very easy going owner!!!Will definitely stay there again if I visit CK.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Skippy is a lovely and relaxing place! I liked atmosphere of this hostel. Especially balcony on the river was excellent! I had a cup of tea in the rainy morning :) I stayed at 4 beds room-quite large and comfortable. Information from staffs were very useful. Don't worry about location. It is not centre of a town, but working distance.

• 12th Apr 2014