Hostel Skippy Reviews

Plesivecka 123, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Amazing location of the hostel right besides the river. Olga and Skippy are really helpful. The recommendations from Olga made our stay even more better. Nice, quiet, simple, quaint set-up far away from the maddening world. Really glad to have visited.

Really nice place, next to the river and 10 minutes walking from the city center. The room was very clean, confortable and quite. We shared the bathroom with other guests but everything was very clean and tidy. In the hostel there was a fridge available for everyone and a very nice terrace with tables on the riverside. The owner was very kind and give us very nice suggestions for our stay in Cesky Krumlov.

• 15th Aug 2015

Absolutely wonderful staff, location & atmosphere. Didn't feel like a hostel felt more like a home.

I've stayed in hostels all over Europe but this one is ideal for solo travelers. It's intimate (sleeps about 10 ppl) so you get to know everyone and the host Skippy very well! It's like staying in your grandmother's cabin-rustic and spotless against the rushing lake. Every morning enjoy coffee (that Skippy makes) on the terrace and watch the water flow. Skippy knows everyone/everything in town and plays music at the bars. Wish laundry and kitchen was available. Wifi is super fast :)

Unbelievable place. Staff is excellent, skippy and olga do everything they Can you help. Clean place and great Location. Great value for money Definitely recommend.

• 2nd Aug 2015

The view of the hostel is very nice!

The staff is absolutely wonderful here! They are so nice and can tell you many things about the town, especially where to go and where not to go. Also, the rooms are clean and the view from the terrace is incredible!

• 30th Jul 2015

It is beside the river, close to supermarket and bakery. A small hotel, not many rooms so it is very quiet. But not very good facilities. Very dark in the room, and don\t have lamp beside each bed. But the hose is very nice, offer free coffer or tea in the morning.

So relaxed and welcoming. Great hosts who are always up for a chat and some good advice

The host is nice and helpful to provide a lot of useful information. Terrace is excellent and has the wonderful river view as the photon shown. It is worth relaxing there for a whole day. However, the wood floor easily makes noise, so it would better if the host could remind those guests who stay on the upper floor.

Wow, what can I say but book in, if you can get a bed, because this small quaint hostel is popular, for good reason. The hostel owners are some of the loveliest people I've met on my whole trip. The rooms are rustic and beautiful and the hostel is right on the river, which is where you need. To be in Summer! If your lucky to get a booking, cherish it, I promise it will be a highlight of your trip!

Thanks Kirsty! You know, the truth is, happy people are happy everywhere and you definitely qualify as a happy one! A bit quirky too in the best possible way. :) Hope you make it to Cinque Terre! Happy travels... :) :)

As a solo traveller, I dream about places like this. When it comes down to it, you'd be crazy not to stay here. Spend each morning on the terrace watching the city wake up and spend your evenings getting to know other travelers to the peaceful tune of the river. If you have a chance- go watch Skippy's band play- I promise you will be smiling the entire night. I can't recommend Hostel Skippy more, it is an incredible place and I can't wait to go back. Thank you for everything Skippy and Olga :)

You dream of places like ours and we love guests like you! It was our pleasure to have you here. Glad you could join us for the music too! See you next time... :)

Staying at Hostel Skippy was certainly the best hostel experience I've ever had. The atmosphere was wonderful, Skippy and Olga are so friendly, really make you feel at home. The outside deck backs right onto the river and mornings spent watching the rafters go by whilst drinking a coffee are so relaxing.

• 14th Jul 2015

Thanks! We're still hoping you'll make it back soon!

Great atmosphere! The staff was really helpful and had plenty of good tips to give. They helped creating a good atmosphere between us. One of them is a (free) walking tour guide and other one is a professional singer! Even though the hostel is not exactly at the center, it is in a beautiful place besides the river. It is really nice to have breakfast watching people rafting. The only con is related to the smell of the blanket (smell a bit old). Even so, I really recomend. Good wi-fi and safe.

This is the first time i give a hostel a 100% review. The two woman running the hostel give the place a good vibe. The place itself is near the river with a outside terras. Its just a beautiful place. Highly recomended if your a solo traveller who wants to meet other people. Tnx olga and skippy, till next time.

Excellent hostel. It's small but so cozy. The deck in the back wasn't favorite part, as well as the fact that the beds are all singles, rather than bunk beds. Only negative was a lack of a kitchen but I didn't find it that annoying.

This hostel is a wonderful, homey place to stay and relax! Skippy and Olga are amazing hosts who care about their guests. I stayed in the dorm, which is comfortable and spacious- and no bunk beds! This hostel is not for you if you are looking for a party hostel or are high maintence. But if you want to relax on a portch next the the river and meet other travelers this is the place.

Thank you so much! We have to say you really know how to travel. You did all of the most important Cesky Krumlov things in your few days in town. And you were a lovely guest. Happy Travels :)

It was a bit difficult for a girl to carry the suitcase from the main bus station to the hostel coz it takes you 20 mins on walk and the road of Český Krumlov does not welcome your suitcase really well... I highly recommend you to take a taxi instead if you are alone and with huge luggage.... But, once you get there, you would find that it is worth it :) The host is super nice and the room is cozy. The bathroom is at the roof top which is really cool! And the balcony is right beside the river :)

Just spent a lovely weekend in Cesky Krumlov and had the pleasure of staying at the Hostel Skippy for a night. We were immediately greeted by Skippy who showed us to our room and helped us get settled. She then showed us a great map of the town and pointed out some of the best (and reasonably priced) places to eat- I highly recommend Laibon! I also recommend taking some time out of your day to float the river and absolutely go to see Skippy play with her band in the evening. Great experience!

• 11th Jul 2015

Even though I only had time for one night at Hostel Skippy, it was one of my favorites I have stayed. The location next to the river was just fabulous. The owners Skippy and Olga are amazing. Olga and I ended up sitting outside on the deck and talking for hours. The hostel is so warm and welcoming. As a solo traveler, it was the perfect place to recharge before my next leg of forgettable youth hostels. I will definatly be coming back here and bringing my friends and family along with me.

Thanks for the nice words! It was lovely meeting you and chatting with you. We're glad you'll be back. You're probably in Croatia by now...enjoy the sun! :)

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels