Hostel Skippy Reviews

Plesivecka 123, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

So relaxed and welcoming. Great hosts who are always up for a chat and some good advice

The host is nice and helpful to provide a lot of useful information. Terrace is excellent and has the wonderful river view as the photon shown. It is worth relaxing there for a whole day. However, the wood floor easily makes noise, so it would better if the host could remind those guests who stay on the upper floor.

As a solo traveller, I dream about places like this. When it comes down to it, you'd be crazy not to stay here. Spend each morning on the terrace watching the city wake up and spend your evenings getting to know other travelers to the peaceful tune of the river. If you have a chance- go watch Skippy's band play- I promise you will be smiling the entire night. I can't recommend Hostel Skippy more, it is an incredible place and I can't wait to go back. Thank you for everything Skippy and Olga :)

Staying at Hostel Skippy was certainly the best hostel experience I've ever had. The atmosphere was wonderful, Skippy and Olga are so friendly, really make you feel at home. The outside deck backs right onto the river and mornings spent watching the rafters go by whilst drinking a coffee are so relaxing.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great atmosphere! The staff was really helpful and had plenty of good tips to give. They helped creating a good atmosphere between us. One of them is a (free) walking tour guide and other one is a professional singer! Even though the hostel is not exactly at the center, it is in a beautiful place besides the river. It is really nice to have breakfast watching people rafting. The only con is related to the smell of the blanket (smell a bit old). Even so, I really recomend. Good wi-fi and safe.

This is the first time i give a hostel a 100% review. The two woman running the hostel give the place a good vibe. The place itself is near the river with a outside terras. Its just a beautiful place. Highly recomended if your a solo traveller who wants to meet other people. Tnx olga and skippy, till next time.

Excellent hostel. It's small but so cozy. The deck in the back wasn't favorite part, as well as the fact that the beds are all singles, rather than bunk beds. Only negative was a lack of a kitchen but I didn't find it that annoying.

This hostel is a wonderful, homey place to stay and relax! Skippy and Olga are amazing hosts who care about their guests. I stayed in the dorm, which is comfortable and spacious- and no bunk beds! This hostel is not for you if you are looking for a party hostel or are high maintence. But if you want to relax on a portch next the the river and meet other travelers this is the place.

Thank you so much! We have to say you really know how to travel. You did all of the most important Cesky Krumlov things in your few days in town. And you were a lovely guest. Happy Travels :)

Just spent a lovely weekend in Cesky Krumlov and had the pleasure of staying at the Hostel Skippy for a night. We were immediately greeted by Skippy who showed us to our room and helped us get settled. She then showed us a great map of the town and pointed out some of the best (and reasonably priced) places to eat- I highly recommend Laibon! I also recommend taking some time out of your day to float the river and absolutely go to see Skippy play with her band in the evening. Great experience!

• 11th Jul 2015

Even though I only had time for one night at Hostel Skippy, it was one of my favorites I have stayed. The location next to the river was just fabulous. The owners Skippy and Olga are amazing. Olga and I ended up sitting outside on the deck and talking for hours. The hostel is so warm and welcoming. As a solo traveler, it was the perfect place to recharge before my next leg of forgettable youth hostels. I will definatly be coming back here and bringing my friends and family along with me.

Thanks for the nice words! It was lovely meeting you and chatting with you. We're glad you'll be back. You're probably in Croatia by now...enjoy the sun! :)

This is a simple hostel so if you like fancy places it may not be for you. But it is overall a great place, I even extend my stay one night. Skippy is such a happy person and caring host. She made me ginger tea a couple of times because I was getting the cold. Olga is also a good host, I had very interesting conversations with her. The dorm is very spacious and I loved there were no bunk beds. The bathroom has an inclined and you can watch the sky while you shower.

Thank you so much and good luck with the *corrections*. You were a great guest, thank you for staying at our place! :)

Awesome hostel! It's small and laid back with a great balcony on the river, therefore really easy to meet other guests in a peaceful atmosphere. Skippy and Olga are super zen and welcoming. If you have the opportunity to go and listen to Skippy play at one of the bars or cafe in town, it's something not to be missed!

• 26th Jun 2015

A friend and I stayed 3 nights with Skippy. An equally charming home and hosts, our stay was an endearing change from the bland and homogenous hostel circuit of Europe. Cesky Krumlov would not have been the same without them. Relaxing and unique. Thank you Skippy!

• 23rd Jun 2015

We miss you guys! It was really nice to have you here. We hope to see you again... maybe on your island! :)

Great location and chilled out atmosphere. The deck has stunning views of the river valley.

• 23rd Jun 2015

This place is incredible. Best stay yet, 4 weeks into our trip! There is a deck right on the river, so one of the most beautiful places on the trip was right out the back door! For the price it was an unbelievable deal, the two women running the hostel were extremely helpful, giving great suggestions for activities, and eating out (follow their advice)...Wish we could have stayed longer, but hopefully can come back sometime... Very Clean Location is Good Zero Complaints Thanks!

Best stay yet... that makes us happy...thank you! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we feel especially lucky to have been a part of your amazing trip together. You guys are lovely gentlemen. Enjoy life and see you next time!

Fantastic location, homely atmosphere, helpful staff and large clean rooms! Loved my stay here.

• 9th Jun 2015

The hosts are so friendly here! I was invited to cool myself in river right when I arrived. This was amazing! Map was explain with so much detail, they gave personal recommendations on dining place and even exchange officeas well. The balcony there was superb! If you choose to raft you will literally passed the river in front of their balcony. very cozy and relaxing little place. i definitely recommend hostel skippy.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! It is right on the river, so I could sit and have a cup of tea or a beer in the most beautiful setting, and the staff were amazing! They gave me so many great recommendations around Cesky Krumlov and the great time I had in the city was definitely because of them! Would stay again!!!

Thanks! It was a pleasure chatting with you. See you next time!

Excellent Hostel! The owners are absolutely lovely and super helpful. It is a beautiful city and this is definitely the place to stay. Can't go wrong with a riverside terrace.

You rock! Thanks for this and have a great time in Germany!

Friendly staff, cheap, quite hard to find but it has a terrace over the river(nice view!) and easy to walk to town. Overall, a nice place to stay in Cesky Krumlov.

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels