Hostel Skippy

9.0
Superb 700 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

I was there for a night. The river view is fantastic! The staff are superb and couldn't be more friendly. The house is 200 years old, only 1 bathroom upstairs and one toilet downstairs, is rather basic but this cost absolutely no problem for me. They send me a msg few hours before I arrive to offer pickup service, and I feel so warm for two reasons: 1. I am a solo traveler, this is so welcoming. 2. I had my ankle twisted 4days before (of course they have no idea) that is just what I need.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

We had a fantastic stay at Hostel Skippy! We felt at home the moment we entered and the owners were so kind to us. The atmosphere was great and we got to know so many new people while sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the beautiful scenery! The beds were very comfortable and the hostel was very rustic. It's in a great location - a 5 minute walk from the centre but in a peaceful area - and there is so much on offer in Cesky Krumlov. We thoroughly recommend staying here!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

Great atmosphere, very chilled and great view over the river! Only 1 shower though which was really a bath as there was nothing to hold the shower head. Other than that loved it

5th Jul 2017

Definitely one of the best hostels we have stayed at. Felt like home and we were so comfortable. The terrace was very welcoming and overlooking the river. Hosts were very sweet. Comfy beds and not far at all from the city center. No kitchen but we found really affordable and quality restaurants. Definitely recommend.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017
6.9

This hostel is really quaint and it feels like your staying in someone's home, like a ghost's place or something. I've stayed at my share of hostels and none of them have creeped me out like this one. There are puppets hanging from the windows and paintings on the wall that are LOOKING at you, it's all pretty scary. Also, the shower/bath that you use only spits bouts of hot water in between buckets of ice cold. Skippy and her assistant were really nice but I'm glad I only stayed one night.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2017

Staff were really nice and friendly! They were hospitable and introduced us great spots in CK! Thank you!

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2017

The owners are lovely, lovely people who truly care. As a single female traveling alone, it can get a bit dangerous, and the owners made sure that I made it back okay from day trips, and gave me their personal phone number to call if I had any problems. The location is about a five or ten minute walk from the main square of Český Krumlov, up a couple hills and flight of stairs, but the terrace and cozy charm are worth it.

• New Zealand, Couple, 31-40
25th Jun 2017
6.3

The good: Close to town. Nice balcony looking over the river. Hosts were friendly & helpful. Could be improved: The shower was poor; hot water for a couple mins followed by cold water. Also the shower head has no hook so requires you to hold it above yourself. Room was not the cleanest, cobwebs on the coffee cups, generally a bit dusty. Linen was quite old, and could probably be replaced.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

Great spot for a break away from the major cities! There was no shower, bath only though. Which is ok, there was a shower head that you can hold but I just would've been more comfortable with a proper shower seeing as I was sharing with strangers. Overall though fantastic place to stay with extremely kind owners.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017

It's a bit far from the bus station but it's walkable. We arrive meeting some spiders but it's expectable in old houses. It is not a party house but rather one for you to feel the beautiful artsy vintage house. Skippy and her colleague are super cool and friendly!