Hostel Skippy Reviews

Plesivecka 123, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

thx for everything . i love it

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Thailand

Hostel Skippy provided such a relaxing and peaceful environment. Skippy and Olga were lovely hosts, and made us feel so comfortable and at home. We love it there!

Amazing place for chilln' out.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Skippy is wonderful. The terrace by the river was one of the highlight of my visit to Cesky Krumlov. Very quiet street so good quality of sleep. Shared bathroom was spacious and clean. Strongly recommended.

The host is really, extremely nice, kind and helpful! As soon as I arrived there, she introduced the town for me and told me really useful informations! This place is right where you would hope to stay for a little longer!

I would like to expend a bit on the 'cleanliness' section: Generally the amenities are clean all round; toilets, kitchen, living areas are all well kept. I had a slight issue with the odour coming from the bed, it had a musty smell. I don't know if it was because the linens don't see sunlight after washing or what. The sheets look clean enough. Once i got used to the smell i was ok. Apart from that i think its a great place to be as Skippy was most helpful with where to go and where to eat.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

If only I could choose a rating higher the excellent for the staff at Hostel Skippy. Skippy went out of her way to accommodate us on multiple occasions. My friend got sick and Skippy went to the doctor herself to get us medicine. Her place is absolutely beautiful and right on the river. It's a five minute walk to the main square and right next door to a cool local pub. Sit on the porch, take in the view and talk to Skippy for a while over a cup of coffee. It's a wonderful place to enjoy life.

• 4th Aug 2014

Awesome price with great hostel , but it can't be check in after 9pm!

I really enjoyed my stay, as it's a beautiful home in a great location. Skippy and Olga made me feel relaxed straight away.

A perfect escape in a wonderful town. Beautiful location on the river, just minutes from the hustle of a the tourists.

• 11th Jul 2014

Pros: We loved staying here (3 of us for 3 nights in a 3-bed room). The hosts were very considerate, helpful, and informative. The bathrooms were kept very clean and the patio overlooking the Vltava was beautiful and covered in case of rain. The beds were fairly comfortable and the location made town easily accessible. The atmosphere was definitely more of a guest house than a hostel, which we liked a lot. Con: only one: only one full bathroom, which is a bit tricky with a full house.

I had a really good time there. The two ladies who run the hostel are really nice and make everything to make their guests feel comfortable. From the hostel terrace you have a really good view to the river and its nice to sit there and chill. It's a quiet hostel but with friendly people. It's a good place to relax. I loved it and I would recommend it to everyone :)

This was my favourite hostel in Krumlov! Skipper and Olga are super friendly and fun! This hostel felt more like someone's home: it's an older, beautiful house, with nice spacious rooms, and a really nice covered deck out the back, with a view on the river. Great atmosphere. The wifi works best on the deck but is fine over all. There are two toilets and one (non-hostel) shower, and I never found an occupied bathroom. It's a short and easy walk from town. I would definitely go back here!!

We loved everything about our stay with Skippy. Comfy bed. Great host. Great atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

• 26th Jun 2014

This cozy guesthouse is only a short walk from the old town and about a 20 minute walk from the main bus station. Skippy and OLgA are warm and welcoming hosts. The rooms are spacious with comfy beds, there's nice hot water in the shared bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen for preparing meals. The nearby supermarket and bakery supply breakfast and grocery needs, and the local bar is only a few steps away. WiFi was excellent.

Nice terrace and nice staff. Quiet. No towels. No euros accepted.

lovely people, nice hostel, beautiful city

We enjoyed our stay at Skippy Hostel and hope to come back soon :).

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Starting our mornings with breakfast and chess on the balcony overlooking the Vlatava river is hard to beat. We stayed in the spacious double room overlooking the river. This hostel had a lay back, quiet atmosphere. The bathroom appeared to be cleaned daily and was always impeccable. Hosts were helpful and friendly and recommended a number of attractions and good eats. Good wifi connection.

Great place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The staff are extremely nice.

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels