Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Mice ate our food. The rest was great!

• 5th Feb 2016

It's cheap hostel but a bit far from city, needs to take bus for around 30mins. Also, the stuffs are not that friendly!!!!!

Thank you!

This is definitely a hotel that tries to imitate a hostel. They may have changed paths later on and rebranded in this. Definitely no hostel atmosphere/ no common area for travellers. The location is also very far from central Amsterdam, the museums etc. This hostel seems to be in a ghetto. However, it was very clean and the staff were great.

24 hour open doors, very friendly helpful staff and I felt like my possesions would be safe in the room, and they provided a little safe! Excellent ensuite shower.

• 17th Jan 2016

Really enjoyed staying at the this hostel. Was just passing from one country to another through Amsterdam, and needed a decent place to rest - Slotania is perfect for that! Very friendly stuff, nice rooms, good price. Would definitely recommend it to my friends.

When I read comments, I was worried.However hotel room is very clean and transportation is very easy(just in front of the hotel there is a tram stop) Hallway smell moisture but it does not disturb. WiFi connection is good.

HORRIBLE !! I do not recommand this hostel at all!! The check-in was at 3pm, we arrived at 3:30pm and had a room for 4 but it was so dirty and humid (mistiness, mouldiness on the wall !! and soaked carpet) that we immediately asked for a switch of room but the receptionnist told us that they were already full and that at 3:45pm it was no possible no more to change the room !!!!!! He was a lyer for shure, UNACCEPTABLE !!

I had a wonderful stay. It is the only hostel that I've come across that had protected lockers. The staff was quite diligent. Location wasn't a problem with the tram station outside of the Hostel. I only missed a better sitting room, where I could sit with my laptop for some time. Otherwise, this is a cool place, with a nice feel.

carpet in the room smelled awful; Squeaky beds; Far from the city centre.

We were very welcome, the breakfast was very good, the price as well.

• 18th Dec 2015

Great customer service, good breakfast buffet for a decent price, rooms were very clean and inviting, good location (bus right to city centre or to airport directly), good price for hotel feel, nice neighbourhood!

The hostel was very nice and I was surprised, how comfortable and clean it was. The tram to the city center was just across the street! Two things I have to criticize: - There was no toilet brush - There was no "stopper" in the sink. I dropped something and it fell directly into the sink-pipe and I couldnt get it back!

• 13th Dec 2015

We thought this would be a hostel and it was instead a very old run down hotel. The hallways were dark and sketchy, not a safe feeling for 2 girls traveling. They don't have laundry facilities and the lady who checked us in was quite rude. The bar downstairs is very loud and another odd noise from above made it difficult to sleep. Location was not the best and also did not feel very safe

It's literally like staying in a hotel, but for a hostel price. No complaints.

It was nice location, friendly staff, clean room. I had such a wonderful time there ( except the weather.... It was rainning in amsterdam during our stay.... but the hostel was really goooood!!! ) Thanks~ I will definitely go there again, if travelling in amsterdam!!!

Good hotel. Room is big and clean. Bathroom is beautiful. Can't say anything negative. Exellent location to everywhere. The bus and tram station infront of hotel. Excellent.

not bad for the one night to stay, but the rooms were uncleaned (toliet even flithy!).

The most dirty and filthy place I have ever seen..checked in, saw the room, got my money reimbursed and left.Although the staff was very willing to assist they couldn t do anything to improve the bad Situation.it is November and a temperature outside of 10 degrees but inside the room it must have been 36 degrees. How is that possible? No way to open the 'window' , the aircon is not working as well as the tv. Stains and dirt EVERYWHERE. So bad for 80€ per night.

The room and the toilets were clean, the bed was comfortable. would be nicer to go in a group and book a whole dorm, since people coming in in the middle of the night is a bit annoying. The dorms are basically a normal hotel room filled with bunker beds, So somethings are good and somethings are bad about it. it is a bit outside the city, but there is good connection to the center.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4