Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel itself was great; clean, nice ensuite, security boxes in the room. Well connected to the centre by trams during the day and buses at night. The only problem: we booked through hostel world, requesting 7 beds in an 8 person room, and were told that they were available. When we arrived, we got 6 beds in one room, and 1 in another but we had not been told this in advance. Advice: ring the hostel itself to make sure you get what you ordered on hostelworld.

• 29th Aug 2015

The bed was very uncomfortable with a beam running down the middle (hard to explain) and the staff weren't overly helpful. The breakfast was good though.

Huge hotel, so lots of tourist groups. Not much of a social experience at the hotel itself; probably better to come stay with a friend instead of trying to make friends there. Really chill area nearby with a grocery stores, some cafes/shops and a coffee shop 10 mins walk away. Cheap night food right next door; great for munchies.

• 28th Aug 2015

This hostel is very expensive for very poor service, the staff is very unpleasant and arrogant, don't stay here ever!

• 22nd Aug 2015

There was a festival going on and this hotel was the cheapest room we could find. We only needed it for one night and the rooms were clean as the beds were so comfy. But if you're looking to meet people and have fun this ain't the hostel for you, security is okay because they use key cards but no lockers and the atmosphere is a bit grim. Amazing if you want a good nights sleep though! Wifi didn't work in rooms

rooms too small and too many people in one single room. the cleansing of the rooms is poorly done by the morning. the don't change sheet. the hostel is too far away from the centre. to expensive for the overall environment. wouldn't return.

very good

I thought the hostel was good but not perfect. However given the cost of the hostel per night I would say that the value for money is better than excellent. Although located out of the the city centre, efficient public transport made it quite easy to get into the city.

This place is very far out of central Amsterdam, it a 35 minute bus ride and a little bit shorter if you take a train, so if you are interested in hanging out in central Dam this is not the place to stay. On top of that the staff was unfriendly and the location of the hostel is suspect with the surrounding areas being a bit dodgy.

I had never paid 40€ for a shared room in a hostel. I have been in Paris for 20 € per night in the city centre or in London for 15$ in Nothing Hill. I did it in this case because the other hostels of the city, Amsterdam, were full and I did not have another option. Paying that quantity of money, I had higher expectatives, and I had never imagine that the location would be so bad. Very very far from the city by walking and by bus or tram. I would never repeat in Slovania Hotel, nor recommend it.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

There is no kitchen and the 5 Euro breakfast in the morning is nothing more than bread and coffee. Bit dear if you ask me. There is no wifi in the rooms and there is no kitchen to prepare one's food. This is a hotel that was converted into a hostel, and it is, more or less, still a hotel.

• 13th Aug 2015

Hotel Slotania is near the city centre. We paid more than other hostels but breakfast was not included. Futhermore we found it dirty and a bad smell was present in the hallways and in the rooms. Luckily we slept there just for one night.

Very helpful and friendly staff. The plumbing in my room back up and the shower filled with toilet water and was unusable. The beding and sheets were very clean and nice. The rooms were basic and typical of a hostel. The hallways and common areas were pretty rough and in need of some upkeep. Overall a good experience but I would probably stay elsewhere closer to the center of town.

A bit too far away from the center. Staff weren't really helpful and didn't show much interest in helping us. The corridors are pretty degraded and the rooms aren't that good either.

Lots of mildew smell.

One of the cheaper options in Amsterdam. Factor in the price of a tram there and back though as it is very far away, good for one night. If you want somewhere less smokey and studenty its definitely the right place. Buy all your food out there as well if you want to save cash.

You need to take the bus there, not hard to find but it will be more convenient with a metro. Alls good otherwise.

The place is nice, there're plenty of young people round so it's easy to make some friends. But it's far from the centre and you us take the bus or the train,which are rather expensive. Also, the staffs are rude,they are not open to help you with directions or anything else.

There was blood on the towels and the sheets.

The hostel is worth to stay since the price is reaonsble and they own a clean and quiet atmosphere. When I first come in the hostel, they have the same outlook as the picture shown which serves as a hotel instead of a hostel only. Having a lift would be the most appciatable matter in this hostel as I can take the lift with my 17kg backpacking!!!! Also, the staff is helpful in offering information. The only drawback would be the far location from the main city which needs to take 20 mins bus.

• 14th Jul 2015