Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

BEDBUGS!!!! I WAS EATEN ALIVE ALL NIGHT LONG. I COUNTED 27 BITES THE NEXT DAY, THEN I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR A WEEK. The hotel was decent in appearance, but the location was awful. bad neighborhood, and too far from any attractions. the bus going back to the hostel doesn't run all night and we got stuck having to figure alternate transportation at midnight. the staff wasn't very helpful or friendly, didn't care about our stay at all. but the real reason not to stay is the bed bugs! INFESTED!

The dude at front desk was the nicest person to work at a hostel front desk !!!! Other than that...the hostel was far from city centre..which I personally like ...but in Turkey town.u feel like you're in turkey. Hostel was so run down it looked haunted and the rooms and hall smelled very strange.

We were two and we had room for two. For this price it was really nice! Also we were thinking that it is normal hostel, (i dont now how it is with rooms for more people) but in our case it was hotel room (really small, but nice).

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very good hostel, close to the center by a 15min bus ride. The rooms were clean and neat. The only thing that bothered me and my girlfriend was that the main light of the room wasn't working, and we demanded to times in the reception to fix it and nothing was done. Complaints aside, it is well worth the price! Would recommend.

The hostel was OK but there were bedbugs (room 154 was full on them) which was a HUGE minus.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Finland

This is a hotel and not a hostel, you can't use the kitchen. The breakfast is expensive and don't have many options. The hostel is so far the city centre. The price is good, but if you want enjoy more the city I suggest you should choose the hostel more close to city centre.

The location of the hostel was okay, especially in connection with the price.There were 2 tram routes and 1 bus route to take. So it was possible to get directly to Centraal Station,Dam Square and Leidesplein from the hostel.But it took some time. With the trams we needed 20 minutes to the centrum and with the bus even 25 minutes. The room was tidy enough and the beds were comfy. But the hostel doesn't have atmosphere. Some of the staff members were not friendly at all but some were pretty nice.

That hostel is not close to the center. Nevertheless, there are 04 or 05 busses/ trans that will take you directly from the center to the hostel, including after 00:00, but it will take you almost/ more than 30 minutes. The beds are good and the bathroom is really clean with very good shower. About security, in the middle of the night a guy entered our dorm and took his notebook that was charging there even tough he was not in our room! Unaceotable.

Near to the tram stops, but not a very good hostel.

Delay on checkin, I had to wait 30 more minutes than expected. They charged me more taxes and when I asked them to explain why the new taxes would be charged, and the staff offended me and my friends calling us stupid and did not know that was Brazilians are stupid this way. I was very angry and that I shall never return in this hostel. Respect is of capital importance.

• 19th Oct 2014

My dorm was quite nice, and the bathroom is of hotel standard - quite new too. Free towels on arrival, and I didn't have to return the linen when checking out. It's only about 6-8 minutes from Sloterdijk on the bus, so if you're coming in from Schipol it's no hassle to check in first before going to the city. The walk into the city and can say it's an uneventful walk. I wouldn't recommend it for lone travellers - it's quiet and lacks a common room, or even a bar. There aren't any bars nearby.

The room we stayed was full of bed bugs! And the staffs didn't care about it! They treated this like a normal thing. Me and my friends were terrifying. The wifi does not work inside the rooms. About 30 min to the city centre, by tram. The good thing is that supermarket, restaurants, bus and tram stops are very close to the hostel. But I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!

The atmosphere at Slotania Hostel was a bit like going to a funeral. Just something you have to do but you don't enjoy it. Seems like people hate their job there. This place needs to be totally revamped into the house of fun which it isn't. Went to another hostel and it was so different and for a little bit less, breakfast was included too but not at Slotania.

• 17th Oct 2014

Too far from the center, I was very disappointed

• 17th Oct 2014

Great location to get to all the main attractions. Staff was very helpful in pointing you right direction to get to all the attractions one should see in rome. Only thing that sucked was the hostel was kind of dark and shady looking due to lack of lights. Would come here again because the location is prime.

Very good value for money but considering its 20 /30 euro to central in taxi

• 15th Oct 2014

Location was good. Not in the city center but the tram stop was right outside the hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, besides one woman who was never nice or helpful or polite in any way. Breakfast was good for 5 €. Just the bread wasnt the best. They sad there was also Croissants at breakfast, but we just became it after we asked for it in the last day. The room seemed to be "newer" then others we saw. Pretty clean. For this price you cant expect something better. No parking space!

Not really a hostel at all, more like a hotel.

Forget the negative reviews, this place is a winner. VERY clean, secure, friendly staff, nothing to complain about. The room comes equipped with an electronic safe, towels, clean bedding, a nicely equipped bathroom with a hair dryer, everything you need. The neighborhood isn't the best, but for Amsterdam, it's good enough, and it's not dangerous. Stay here.

• 30th Sep 2014

Some rooms are smaller than others although containing the same number of beds. All in all, just make sure the size of the room is to your comfort. the place is very nice and very close to a mall which made my life pretty easy when the airline lost my suitcase.

« first « Prev 1 2 3