Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel was not bad but it was farther from central Amsterdam than we expected. There was construction going on at the usual bus stop so we got dropped off at a completely different stop and had a hard time finding our way since there was no one around to help. The reception desk workers were not very friendly, either. The room and bathroom were pretty clean. It'd be nice to have storage units for luggage. Definitely not the typical "young, travelers atmosphere."

The dorm has a huge, clean and awesome bathroom. The beds are comfortable. A little bit out of the city, but for this price it is acceptable. I would recommend it. The airport is reachable easily, the station Sloterdijk is not so far from it. Geat place!

Very far from Amsterdam and not on the best neighborhood. Light and A/C didn't work in my room so we switched and still no light. The safes in the room didn't work. Room was Ok just tiny. Would not recommend

It seens much more as "shared hotel rooms" than an hostel ! The staff was very nice, but I got in trouble with their taxi service to The airport, because they ordered an shuttle service instead of taxi, and when I arrived to Schipol, the price "changed" from 30 euros to 50 euros !!!! Was really suck.... I tried to argue with The driver, but he hold my lugage until get 50euros.... All I got was a picture of The license plate of The black shuttle car.

• 16th May 2015

We were a group 4 in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It was really small. No to keep bags. Breakfast was not included and the rate is not at all worth the stay. Too expensive. Far from the city.

While the lobby is nice, the rest of the hotell is quite shabby. The breakfast room in the basement is a sound-trap that gets unbearable after about five people in it. There is a nice street-level room to the right of the front desk and it could be used for breakfast instead, but it is empty. The room we stayed in had two very old air-con (we're talking 1970's) units right outside that made a horrible racket. The best thing about it is that the buses and streetcars stop right outside.

• 13th May 2015
  • Sweden

The hotel is very good for what you pay. Its in an excellent location - next to supermarket and open market. The Kebab shop just outside on the right side is fantastic! Highly recommended!

Staff wasn't very helpful at all, seemed put out when they were asked questions and we could not check in until 3pm which was not specified on the reservation. The hostel was in decent condition, but it was located far from everything. I would definitely recommend staying somewhere close to the main attractions.

Good value for money. Much cheaper than central hostels. This one is far from the city center (not within a walking distance!) , but it is very well communicated - the tram stops in front of the hostel and there is a night bus stop also. Clean, good bathroom en-suite. Not very roomy. Small lockers available - but only 3 safes for 6 ppl room. Free wi-fi. working ok. No kitchen. No common room. Hotel-like. Access cards constantly blocked if put close to a cellphone.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Xpucu
  • Bulgaria

Located far away from anything touristy. There's a few tram lines that come by the hotel though that go to central Amsterdam. About an hour and 20 min walk to Amsterdam central station. The hallways were disgusting when I got there but my room was clean. Had mixed experiences with staff, mostly good and they were helpful but one man was not pleasant and rude to me. 6 bed girl dorm was decent. Would probably book somewhere different if I visited again but it was alright.

Very unfriendly staff.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • China

真的预订过最差的酒店,位置偏僻不说,房间里乱糟糟走廊散发着一股怪味,设施也非常差,给我的宿舍里就我一个女生后来进来三个醉鬼直接在房间里抽大麻,想要安全的千万不要定这个 the most terrible hotel that I've ever lived.very far to the central city,very dirty,and my drunk roomates even take drugs in the room.

The place is quite far from the city center even though it's easy to get transport to any place in the city. The hostel was really clean. The staff always in a bad mood and never able to help about anything. There are comfortable beds which was the best thing in the hostel. If you don't mind about the bad mood of the staff and to be far from the center it's worth to stay there.

Nice welcoming, bedroom ok (the noise from the street is quite loud) and bathroom really good. A bit expansive, maybe as we can expect from an hostel in Amsterdam. Breakfast not included but for 5 euros you can eat really well.

The hostel was in a good location for the price. Public transportation was easy to utilize and get to all parts of the city. The cleanliness of the hostel was slightly disappointing but nothing that would distract from having a good time. The lockers in the rooms were too small to fit large items, but big enough to store passports, cameras, wallets, etc... One of the rooms lockers didn't work which was disappointing. The staff was helpful and always at reception. The breakfast was abundant

The toilet smells weird. The receptionist was not friendly. She could smile a little bit.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

It was not a hostel but a hotel. Just they change the room from two bed to 4. So its not going to meet any new people or cooking or what. However , toilet is good. So depends on what you are looking for.

Stayed for 5 nights here; room was cleaned daily and had a lovely en suite. Quite loud at night, lots of shouting and banging of doors through the hostel. Easy to get to the centre of amsterdam, although staff gave us wrong directions!! Most of the staff were really nice and helpful, although the old man on reception on the last day was incredibly rude when I asked for help printing my boarding pass for my flight; as he blatantly lied and refused to help me, almost causing me not to get home!!

5 km from center, tram in front of building. Bed very comfortable, shower and toilet in room. Staff was nice, print is expensive 0,5€ per page. Ground and first floor have sofas and table, also 2 computers. WIFI ok, bedroom for 10 people has only 4 safe-deposit box, no lockers. Some places to eat near at cheap price (kebab, fast food). Doors are big, they provides less noise into the dorms. It's more like a hotel than a hostel, although it's fine I'm not comfortable like in others hostels.

Location is not convinient at all, very poor service. I would recommend you to keep looking for more options near the center.

• 18th Mar 2015