Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Just got back from a great stay here! For the money, this place is excellent. The bathroom was better than bathrooms I've seen in 4 star hotels, nice comfy bed and a basic but clean bedroom. Would have liked a bedside lamp and full length mirror but apart from that good facilities. Staff were helpful. Location isn't amazing, it's about a 30 minute tram ride (but the tram is literally right outside the hostel and really easy to use). Definitely excellent value for money and no complaints

• 15th Dec 2014

Room was clean and tidy and the tv and safe were a pleasant surprise. Was disappointed by the breakfast as they charged us €5 which promised croissants, eggs, meats, cheese, breads etc. Only had bread, Turkey, salami and cheese! Had to ask for eggs which came just as everything else was being taken away. Not worth €5. Location was great as was right next to the tram stop and the aldi over the road proved useful. Would stay there again if in need of a budget hotel!

• 6th Dec 2014

I actually thought it was ok. It was the cheapest I could find in pricy Amsterdam, but I was with three other people who almost punched me in the nuts for booking this hotel. They all hated the fact that is so far from the center and in a seemingly dangerous part of the city. Wasn't so bad on the inside but I may have had very low standards and expectations

Very unwelcoming and rude staff at the reception. We were forced to pay for everybody (11 people) with a single credit card because they refused for us to do otherwise. We were a group of students and none of us had that kind of budget. The people at the desk were rude and unwilling to give out basic information such as how to get to the heart of the city from the hotel. Finally the water was hot in the bathroom sink and cold in the shower, which is unacceptable for a three-star hotel.

• 5th Dec 2014

Awesome and clean hostel. A little out of town but easy enough to get the bus/tram into the centre from right outside the door! Supermarket over the road too. The wifi was great and the room was nice and warm! Thanks for a great weekend!

BEDBUGS!!!! I WAS EATEN ALIVE ALL NIGHT LONG. I COUNTED 27 BITES THE NEXT DAY, THEN I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR A WEEK. The hotel was decent in appearance, but the location was awful. bad neighborhood, and too far from any attractions. the bus going back to the hostel doesn't run all night and we got stuck having to figure alternate transportation at midnight. the staff wasn't very helpful or friendly, didn't care about our stay at all. but the real reason not to stay is the bed bugs! INFESTED!

The dude at front desk was the nicest person to work at a hostel front desk !!!! Other than that...the hostel was far from city centre..which I personally like ...but in Turkey town.u feel like you're in turkey. Hostel was so run down it looked haunted and the rooms and hall smelled very strange.

We were two and we had room for two. For this price it was really nice! Also we were thinking that it is normal hostel, (i dont now how it is with rooms for more people) but in our case it was hotel room (really small, but nice).

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very good hostel, close to the center by a 15min bus ride. The rooms were clean and neat. The only thing that bothered me and my girlfriend was that the main light of the room wasn't working, and we demanded to times in the reception to fix it and nothing was done. Complaints aside, it is well worth the price! Would recommend.

The hostel was OK but there were bedbugs (room 154 was full on them) which was a HUGE minus.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Finland

This is a hotel and not a hostel, you can't use the kitchen. The breakfast is expensive and don't have many options. The hostel is so far the city centre. The price is good, but if you want enjoy more the city I suggest you should choose the hostel more close to city centre.

The location of the hostel was okay, especially in connection with the price.There were 2 tram routes and 1 bus route to take. So it was possible to get directly to Centraal Station,Dam Square and Leidesplein from the hostel.But it took some time. With the trams we needed 20 minutes to the centrum and with the bus even 25 minutes. The room was tidy enough and the beds were comfy. But the hostel doesn't have atmosphere. Some of the staff members were not friendly at all but some were pretty nice.

That hostel is not close to the center. Nevertheless, there are 04 or 05 busses/ trans that will take you directly from the center to the hostel, including after 00:00, but it will take you almost/ more than 30 minutes. The beds are good and the bathroom is really clean with very good shower. About security, in the middle of the night a guy entered our dorm and took his notebook that was charging there even tough he was not in our room! Unaceotable.

Near to the tram stops, but not a very good hostel.

Delay on checkin, I had to wait 30 more minutes than expected. They charged me more taxes and when I asked them to explain why the new taxes would be charged, and the staff offended me and my friends calling us stupid and did not know that was Brazilians are stupid this way. I was very angry and that I shall never return in this hostel. Respect is of capital importance.

My dorm was quite nice, and the bathroom is of hotel standard - quite new too. Free towels on arrival, and I didn't have to return the linen when checking out. It's only about 6-8 minutes from Sloterdijk on the bus, so if you're coming in from Schipol it's no hassle to check in first before going to the city. The walk into the city and can say it's an uneventful walk. I wouldn't recommend it for lone travellers - it's quiet and lacks a common room, or even a bar. There aren't any bars nearby.

The room we stayed was full of bed bugs! And the staffs didn't care about it! They treated this like a normal thing. Me and my friends were terrifying. The wifi does not work inside the rooms. About 30 min to the city centre, by tram. The good thing is that supermarket, restaurants, bus and tram stops are very close to the hostel. But I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!

The atmosphere at Slotania Hostel was a bit like going to a funeral. Just something you have to do but you don't enjoy it. Seems like people hate their job there. This place needs to be totally revamped into the house of fun which it isn't. Went to another hostel and it was so different and for a little bit less, breakfast was included too but not at Slotania.

• 17th Oct 2014

Too far from the center, I was very disappointed

• 17th Oct 2014

Great location to get to all the main attractions. Staff was very helpful in pointing you right direction to get to all the attractions one should see in rome. Only thing that sucked was the hostel was kind of dark and shady looking due to lack of lights. Would come here again because the location is prime.

« first « Prev 1 2 3