Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2052 Total Reviews

Ok hostel. Not as bad as some of the comments made out to be. Located 20min tram ride from the centre, but buses and trams are right outside. Prices are expensive on weekends, but all of Amsterdam was so compared to others, well priced. Supermarket, and other food options close by.

I missed a Kitchen

• 5th Sep 2014

Great value for money. Sheets and towels changed every 1-2 days, decent size room, good shower and bathroom, 2 safes in our room (4 person room), loads of food shops nearby and a shopping centre immediately opposite. Great public transport links; bit far out from the city centre but there are bus/tram stops right outside for going to Amsterdam Centraal (21) and to Schiphol airport (69). Would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place, enjoyed the room and the shower/bathroom area was really nice. When we stayed there were A LOT of young party animals up at all hours making lots of noise.... Of course not the hotel's fault. Not central but there's a bus/tram station right out the front door and they rent out bikes which was really handy.

Reception wasn't rude, but wasn't exceptional. The room resembled a jail cell, 8 by 8 foot with 2 bunks, but was very clean, and had a very nice private bathroom. Good for a short stay. We were having constant problems getting into our room, for the cards kept malfunctioning. Fair distance from city centre, 20 ish minute tram ride. Over all, a decent place.

• 13th Aug 2014

This is a decent no fills hostel. I was very worried about the room bc the reception room has an uncleaned dingy feel but my bed was really comfy and the ensuite bathroom was sparkling clean! It was about 20 minutes away from centre but the bus stop was across the street. It is also situated near restaurants, laundry mats, and grocery stores.

For 5 extra euros you can get a very nice breakfast

Good hostel overall

The hostel is really far out of the actual city so you have to take a tram or bus wherever you decide to go. However the hostel is really nice and the rooms are spacious and clean. Staff were not very friendly or helpful though. When we arrived the receptionist was rude and made us feel like we had interrupted her. She also kept sighing whenever we asked a question and didn't really answer them. We found out about the transport from other guests who were with a tour group.

We arrived here around 2 am and were very tired. It took very long time to check in only to find out they gave us a double bed room instead of a twin bed room. The room was very far away from the stairs but I still came down to only find out they can't do anything for me. I had to sleep on the floor. I did't like the guy who checked us in. In the morning, I have complained and demanded a free breakfast. The girl working on sunday gave us the free breakfast. That was the only good exprience I had

This hostel is more than 20 minutes far by bus from the city centre, so considering the money and time needed for this traveling it would be more comfortable to stay in the hostel in the centre. My dorm room for 6 had no air condition nor a window could be open! It was like a sauna there, impossible to sleep. The staff at the reception let us wait for more than half an hour saying it is his break time although there was no sign saying that. In the end we felt we were annoing him.

Easy to get to central Amsterdam by bus, only takes 20 minutes. Don't be afraid of the area where there are a lot of ethnic groups. it is still quite calm. Very nice & helpful staff, excellent breakfast for 5 euro. No air conditioning, though. Excellent atmosphere, a hotel -like level.

Very helpful personal. We had a brake in in our car and the receptionist helped us finding a company who could fix it in the middle of the night. Beds were good and everything working all right.

The lady at reception was rude and was very cold. The bathrooms were amazing compaired to any hostel I've stayed at before. The first day we stayed they split my and my buddy up. The staff was not very helpful.

• 15th Jul 2014

Very kind staff! The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are excellent, however, the buildings needs some updating, since it is an old hotel that was turned into a hostel!

We chose this hotel for it's price and fairly decent location in relation to the city centre. It is actually an old hotel which has been partially refurbished. The corridors were quite dingy and showed obvious signs of wear, but the rooms have been fitted with new tiles and were actually decent. Soundproofing is nonexistent, and doors slamming, talking and road traffic in the night and early morning can be heard quite audibly. The daytime staff are nice but the night guard is a grumpy old man.

Had 3 days in Amsterdam and boy did I ruin it by staying here. Its a hotel not a hostel. Its half an hour bus or tram to the center! Its a very poor location. The best bit about it was the bus to the airport stops outside your door. Stay clear of this desolet nucular bunker they call a "hostel".

• 6th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel was very nice. The beds were comfortable, it was clean, and there were free towels. It was pretty far away from the city center and the bus was expensive. Also the staff wasn't very helpful or friendly. It was also hard to meet other travelers because of how the rooms were all set up and the common room was not quite big enough. But for a safe, comfortable place to stay it was great.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hotell i utkanten av staden. Med spårvagnen kommer man in till den centrala på 10-15 min. Byggnaden skulle inte skada av lite renovering och personalen skulle nog inte må dåligt av le lite oftare. Rummet vi bodde i var helt okej. 8-bäddsal med delad toalett och dusch på rummet. Rena och sköna sängar och dusch/toalett var helt okej. Tyvärr gjorde läget, personalens bemötande och priset att det kändes inte speciellt prisvärt!

This looks like a hotel than a hostel! When my taxi arrived at the hostel, I thought it was a wrong place lol. Very friendly and helpful staffs, excellent wifi and good cleanliness. Highly recommended, will stay here again if I come back to Amsterdam.

« first « Prev 1 2 3