Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Located far away from anything touristy. There's a few tram lines that come by the hotel though that go to central Amsterdam. About an hour and 20 min walk to Amsterdam central station. The hallways were disgusting when I got there but my room was clean. Had mixed experiences with staff, mostly good and they were helpful but one man was not pleasant and rude to me. 6 bed girl dorm was decent. Would probably book somewhere different if I visited again but it was alright.

Very unfriendly staff.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • China

真的预订过最差的酒店,位置偏僻不说,房间里乱糟糟走廊散发着一股怪味,设施也非常差,给我的宿舍里就我一个女生后来进来三个醉鬼直接在房间里抽大麻,想要安全的千万不要定这个 the most terrible hotel that I've ever lived.very far to the central city,very dirty,and my drunk roomates even take drugs in the room.

The place is quite far from the city center even though it's easy to get transport to any place in the city. The hostel was really clean. The staff always in a bad mood and never able to help about anything. There are comfortable beds which was the best thing in the hostel. If you don't mind about the bad mood of the staff and to be far from the center it's worth to stay there.

Nice welcoming, bedroom ok (the noise from the street is quite loud) and bathroom really good. A bit expansive, maybe as we can expect from an hostel in Amsterdam. Breakfast not included but for 5 euros you can eat really well.

The hostel was in a good location for the price. Public transportation was easy to utilize and get to all parts of the city. The cleanliness of the hostel was slightly disappointing but nothing that would distract from having a good time. The lockers in the rooms were too small to fit large items, but big enough to store passports, cameras, wallets, etc... One of the rooms lockers didn't work which was disappointing. The staff was helpful and always at reception. The breakfast was abundant

The toilet smells weird. The receptionist was not friendly. She could smile a little bit.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

It was not a hostel but a hotel. Just they change the room from two bed to 4. So its not going to meet any new people or cooking or what. However , toilet is good. So depends on what you are looking for.

Stayed for 5 nights here; room was cleaned daily and had a lovely en suite. Quite loud at night, lots of shouting and banging of doors through the hostel. Easy to get to the centre of amsterdam, although staff gave us wrong directions!! Most of the staff were really nice and helpful, although the old man on reception on the last day was incredibly rude when I asked for help printing my boarding pass for my flight; as he blatantly lied and refused to help me, almost causing me not to get home!!

5 km from center, tram in front of building. Bed very comfortable, shower and toilet in room. Staff was nice, print is expensive 0,5€ per page. Ground and first floor have sofas and table, also 2 computers. WIFI ok, bedroom for 10 people has only 4 safe-deposit box, no lockers. Some places to eat near at cheap price (kebab, fast food). Doors are big, they provides less noise into the dorms. It's more like a hotel than a hostel, although it's fine I'm not comfortable like in others hostels.

Location is not convinient at all, very poor service. I would recommend you to keep looking for more options near the center.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Nicaragua

This is a very big hostel and 20-25 mins from Dam square. I had booked 8 bed dorm and they gave me 10 bed which is quite unacceptable. However I asked for breakfast and and the gentleman at the reception agreed and the breakfast was very nice. Even if you pay 5 euro its worth it. So go for it guys!!! For 10 bed they had put only 4 lockers out of which one was not working. So consider there is no lock. I had paid 18 euros so for me Overall value for money that's what I can say

Very pretty hostel, however it would have been nice if I did not have to step into the hallway for Wifi. I had a nice experience but the location is a bit far from the city center.

There should be lockers in the rooms....

• 6th Mar 2015

Basically right we ad a Coke deLer in are top bunk n it wasnt great cos he pisaed wverywhere n was really loud when he was moving round in the creaky bunk n on the phon Thanks doe havin us

• 28th Feb 2015

The location is very far from the city of Amsterdam which is something that would deter me from staying here again. The price isn't that much cheaper than hostels right in the city, and while the rooms were indeed clean, the atmosphere and the rest of the hotel was of less than average quality in my opinion. There was trash in the common room that never got taken out or removed during my entire 3 night/4 day stay. The staff was very helpful though. Wi-Fi not very fast if that matters to you.

It was very difficult to get to the city before 6 to catch our train and due to a staff member who was reluctant to give us any information on the buses we almost missed our train. the rooms were too hot and i was afraid to open the window because people were so loud and smoking weed dirrectly outside. the bathroom was very modern though the tap leeked and the shower gel was empty. the beds were comfy though and in the late night staff was extremly helpful and nice compared to the day

• 27th Feb 2015

Room clean and tidy with very nice bathroom style and good equipment . Towels changed every day. Doors close on magnetic card, but has be checked if there are realy close. Refering to another reviews I decided to take laptop with me when I was going out. There is no smoking policy so smokers has to go out (filealarms). It's closer to citycenter then it looks on the map. Tram 14 goes directly to Dam. Juice Bar just 10min walking ;)

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Poland

It's like a hotel-hostel, enormous and spacious. Staff was helpful and kind. Room was perfect with linen+towel, TV, free safeboxes (3 for a room of 6). Also nice bathroom with hair dryer. It's a bit far from the center (5 km) but it's a good location if you are going to the train station. There's also a tram right in front.

Although the room was clean, the smell of damp in the room was really really bad and we found it very hard to stay in the room for a long period of time- including trying to sleep.

• 17th Feb 2015