Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is worth to stay since the price is reaonsble and they own a clean and quiet atmosphere. When I first come in the hostel, they have the same outlook as the picture shown which serves as a hotel instead of a hostel only. Having a lift would be the most appciatable matter in this hostel as I can take the lift with my 17kg backpacking!!!! Also, the staff is helpful in offering information. The only drawback would be the far location from the main city which needs to take 20 mins bus.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

Although it's far away from the center, there is a bus station right in front of the hostel perfect for going to the airport without changes or carrying heavy baggage around.

My only issue with the hostel was the people staying in the dorm, the moment I walked in I was stoned! It is unfortunate that these wasters cannot save it for the coffee house.

• 6th Jul 2015

No air conditioning in the rooms, just a little fan which blows around hot air so in the morning the room was very hot and humid, also a bit awkward to keep paying €3 each time you want to go in/out of the city.

The employes at the greeting counter gave a very ordinary service, No smile at all and very bad communication. The location is far from the city center (30 min. by bus) witch is expensive, and the neighborhood wall not so interesting. We left our backpacks in the "locker room" before and after our stay, but it was more like a storage room for the hotel/backpacks not so secured. There was no Hostel atmosphere at all and everything except the room was dirty and looked abandon.

• 30th Jun 2015

No kitchen to be able to cook or keep food cold. Staff were good & friendly It's 20 mins by bus 21 from outcthe front of Victoria Hotel at €2.90 I was happy with the stay However needs some work dontvto t and fridge.

• 30th Jun 2015

Good staff and nice atmosphere, many young people. Hostel is a bit far from center but it's ok, it is well comunicated through tram and buses

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A great place to stay for the money. It's nothing special, but it's safe, clean, and friendly. There are safes but they're battery powered and small, not the worst thing. The room was clean and quiet, though a little warm. Breakfast was great, five euro if you didn't book your stay with it, not bad. Easy to get to by bus. Overall a good experience, would definitely stay again.

Staff wasn't very friendly our helpful. Room smelled awful, and looked nothing like it was advertised. Location was out of the city center, worth spending a little more money to stay at a hostel in the city.

• 17th Jun 2015

It's a little outside of Amsterdam, but if you buy a travel pass and don't mind the extra half an hour to get to town center it's not a bad place to stay!

Good Hostel, clean and tidy. Was scared by the bad reviews but had no problems. Staff were friendly, lockers were available and the wifi worked well. Very easy to get into the center as bus & tram are right beside hostel. Great value for money.

I guess the problem is you can never imagine who else would sleep next to you in a mixed bedroom. There was a great smell of weeds in our mixed bedroom. This wasn't pleasant at all. The windows are small and not enough. We have had bad air in the night. In addition, there were two men without cards, waiting outside the entrance of the dorm. When we enter the dorm area with our card, they just followed and got into the corridor. I really wonder if there would be always suspious people around.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • China

Located too far from downtown, staff charged me a tourist tax that wasn't disclosed I when booking with hostel world, hostel works more like. Hotel meaning that you can't actually hang out with other travelers , for the price wasn't worth it. Use it to book last minute only.

I was surprised by how out of the city Hostel Slotania was- about a 20-30 min tram ride from the center of the city. There were no boxes or lockers to secure your stuff while you were away. There was a key-card system like in a hotel which was nice, but it wasn't a private room. The staff varied in being either very standoffish and unhelpful to welcoming depending on the person at the desk. There is a continental type breakfast set up, but it costs 5 euros.

I slept in a single room, with own bathroom which was very clean but: not possible to open the windows = bad air, in the room you have no chair, no cupboard, no table, just something like a cupboard, where the television takes place no wifi in the room! there is no reading light, only one small wastepin in the bathroom door just locked with normal key, easy to break in floor and walls, everything little dirty and shabby place is badly soundproofed good: supermarkets in front of the hotel

• 10th Jun 2015

Staff on the second day of our checkout could have been friendlier. The allocation of beds were not proper. I had to change bed as some one took mine when I was out.

The rooms were extremely hot and the service was decent. The main problems of this place were how far it is from the city, it is right next to a tram and bus stop but both are 30 or more minutes into the center

Everything was pretty average. It looks nice and smart because it's also a hotel, and it has really nice bathrooms. But no breakfast included and I don't think there's a kitchen. Took me a ridiculously long time to find, and 2 buses from the centre of Amsterdam.

Staff weren't very inviting or helpful. One was texting when we approached the desk and didn't even acknowledge us. Sign outside advertised restaurant but there isn't one.

The staff was very rude and unhelpful. The rooms were like any other hostel except everything was covered in dust.

• 4th Jun 2015