Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is not convinient at all, very poor service. I would recommend you to keep looking for more options near the center.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Nicaragua

This is a very big hostel and 20-25 mins from Dam square. I had booked 8 bed dorm and they gave me 10 bed which is quite unacceptable. However I asked for breakfast and and the gentleman at the reception agreed and the breakfast was very nice. Even if you pay 5 euro its worth it. So go for it guys!!! For 10 bed they had put only 4 lockers out of which one was not working. So consider there is no lock. I had paid 18 euros so for me Overall value for money that's what I can say

Very pretty hostel, however it would have been nice if I did not have to step into the hallway for Wifi. I had a nice experience but the location is a bit far from the city center.

• 14th Mar 2015

There should be lockers in the rooms....

• 6th Mar 2015

Basically right we ad a Coke deLer in are top bunk n it wasnt great cos he pisaed wverywhere n was really loud when he was moving round in the creaky bunk n on the phon Thanks doe havin us

• 28th Feb 2015

The location is very far from the city of Amsterdam which is something that would deter me from staying here again. The price isn't that much cheaper than hostels right in the city, and while the rooms were indeed clean, the atmosphere and the rest of the hotel was of less than average quality in my opinion. There was trash in the common room that never got taken out or removed during my entire 3 night/4 day stay. The staff was very helpful though. Wi-Fi not very fast if that matters to you.

• 27th Feb 2015

It was very difficult to get to the city before 6 to catch our train and due to a staff member who was reluctant to give us any information on the buses we almost missed our train. the rooms were too hot and i was afraid to open the window because people were so loud and smoking weed dirrectly outside. the bathroom was very modern though the tap leeked and the shower gel was empty. the beds were comfy though and in the late night staff was extremly helpful and nice compared to the day

• 27th Feb 2015

Room clean and tidy with very nice bathroom style and good equipment . Towels changed every day. Doors close on magnetic card, but has be checked if there are realy close. Refering to another reviews I decided to take laptop with me when I was going out. There is no smoking policy so smokers has to go out (filealarms). It's closer to citycenter then it looks on the map. Tram 14 goes directly to Dam. Juice Bar just 10min walking ;)

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Poland

It's like a hotel-hostel, enormous and spacious. Staff was helpful and kind. Room was perfect with linen+towel, TV, free safeboxes (3 for a room of 6). Also nice bathroom with hair dryer. It's a bit far from the center (5 km) but it's a good location if you are going to the train station. There's also a tram right in front.

Although the room was clean, the smell of damp in the room was really really bad and we found it very hard to stay in the room for a long period of time- including trying to sleep.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Wow. That was different. I currently live in Amsterdam and was attending a party in the area. Booked a night here guessing, correctly, that I'd be too lazy to cycle 30mins at 3am in the cold. A very good decision, I'd have to say, and for several reasons: 1. 20eur for a Saturday night here. 2. I had a whole room to myself (so didn't have to pretend to like loud Spanish morons). 3. TV and en suite. 4. The corridor is MASSIVE!!! I drunkenly estimated 150m.

The location is great, with tram/bus station very close. The price is fair, the facilities in the room are new, but some rooms can't get a wifi signal. Besides the corridor has a heavy smell of you-know-what... I guess it's common in Amsterdam anyway.

While the hostel was not close to the center, the public transportation allowed me to come and go as I please. Were it not for the staff, I wouldn't be able to find my way around town. With a fresh coat of paint and possibly a TV with multiple languages (asking for amenities rather than necessities), this hostel is top notch.

• 6th Feb 2015

This hotel locates at a reasonable position with its pricing. The facilities are not the best you can get but it's very standard. Wifi connection stable, breakfast buffet satisfactory. I would choose it again if I ever need in the future when coming to Amsterdam.

Friendly people and really clean rooms. Nice shower.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I really like staying here because it's great value for money and the ensuites are really nice. I think often it's used more for group bookings which meant that even though I booked one bed in a dorm I got the whole room (which after sharing a room for a month is a total win!). However its quite a while from the party scene and the attractions. Prob wouldn't go here if I wanted to just party and meet people.

Before reservation, I've asked through e-mail for earlier check in and they answered that is posiblle to have check in at 12, we agreed that and that was main reason of choosing this hostel. When we came on reserved day at 12 they told us that is not possible to check in before 3 pm. I've said that we aranged 12 and the guy on reception said that he doesnt care about that and if we dont like than we can go to find another hostel and he even start to yell on me, he was very rude and unpolite.

Everything was all right, except the lockers room which was all messy when we used it (friday 2nd) and wide open when we came back to pick up our luggage (problem with the locking card system ?). Plus, the heating in the rooms was too much : we booked additionnal nights in a six beds rooms after our night in the four beds one, and the feeling was the same. Thank you nonetheless for the welcomming staff and comfortable rooms, beds and bathrooms were great, everything was clean, nice decoration !

• 1st Jan 2015

Stayed at the 1st floor and interestingly the longest hotel corridor I have ever seen! Room and the toilet was clean. rooms are bit small and not enough closets. Though bit outside the city but there's a direct bus 69 from the airport to hotel. overall not a bad place to stay.

The room was a bit warm and there was no way to adjust the temperature.

• 28th Dec 2014