Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

No kitchen to be able to cook or keep food cold. Staff were good & friendly It's 20 mins by bus 21 from outcthe front of Victoria Hotel at €2.90 I was happy with the stay However needs some work dontvto t and fridge.

• 30th Jun 2015

A great place to stay for the money. It's nothing special, but it's safe, clean, and friendly. There are safes but they're battery powered and small, not the worst thing. The room was clean and quiet, though a little warm. Breakfast was great, five euro if you didn't book your stay with it, not bad. Easy to get to by bus. Overall a good experience, would definitely stay again.

Staff wasn't very friendly our helpful. Room smelled awful, and looked nothing like it was advertised. Location was out of the city center, worth spending a little more money to stay at a hostel in the city.

• 17th Jun 2015

It's a little outside of Amsterdam, but if you buy a travel pass and don't mind the extra half an hour to get to town center it's not a bad place to stay!

Good Hostel, clean and tidy. Was scared by the bad reviews but had no problems. Staff were friendly, lockers were available and the wifi worked well. Very easy to get into the center as bus & tram are right beside hostel. Great value for money.

I guess the problem is you can never imagine who else would sleep next to you in a mixed bedroom. There was a great smell of weeds in our mixed bedroom. This wasn't pleasant at all. The windows are small and not enough. We have had bad air in the night. In addition, there were two men without cards, waiting outside the entrance of the dorm. When we enter the dorm area with our card, they just followed and got into the corridor. I really wonder if there would be always suspious people around.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • China

Located too far from downtown, staff charged me a tourist tax that wasn't disclosed I when booking with hostel world, hostel works more like. Hotel meaning that you can't actually hang out with other travelers , for the price wasn't worth it. Use it to book last minute only.

I was surprised by how out of the city Hostel Slotania was- about a 20-30 min tram ride from the center of the city. There were no boxes or lockers to secure your stuff while you were away. There was a key-card system like in a hotel which was nice, but it wasn't a private room. The staff varied in being either very standoffish and unhelpful to welcoming depending on the person at the desk. There is a continental type breakfast set up, but it costs 5 euros.

I slept in a single room, with own bathroom which was very clean but: not possible to open the windows = bad air, in the room you have no chair, no cupboard, no table, just something like a cupboard, where the television takes place no wifi in the room! there is no reading light, only one small wastepin in the bathroom door just locked with normal key, easy to break in floor and walls, everything little dirty and shabby place is badly soundproofed good: supermarkets in front of the hotel

• 10th Jun 2015

Staff on the second day of our checkout could have been friendlier. The allocation of beds were not proper. I had to change bed as some one took mine when I was out.

The rooms were extremely hot and the service was decent. The main problems of this place were how far it is from the city, it is right next to a tram and bus stop but both are 30 or more minutes into the center

Everything was pretty average. It looks nice and smart because it's also a hotel, and it has really nice bathrooms. But no breakfast included and I don't think there's a kitchen. Took me a ridiculously long time to find, and 2 buses from the centre of Amsterdam.

Staff weren't very inviting or helpful. One was texting when we approached the desk and didn't even acknowledge us. Sign outside advertised restaurant but there isn't one.

The staff was very rude and unhelpful. The rooms were like any other hostel except everything was covered in dust.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

At first I thought it would be hard to walk around the city, as the hostel was a bit far away. But there was a bus and tram stop just in front of the door, and the trams could take you directly to the main touristic spots. The room was really clean and the bathroom really good. The breakfast was €5, but it was really worth it. At the end, it exceeded my expectations.

• 3rd Jun 2015

This place was considerably better than what I was expecting due to previous reviews. The location is not central but it is an easy 20 minute tram from Leidsplein and other central locations. The rooms are actually better than other central hostels I stayed in, and considerably less expensive at weekends - it was warm with good showers and it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. If you need a buzzy atmosphere then don't stay here, otherwise it more than does the job.

• 29th May 2015

A little far away from the city center, but very confortable and the breakfast was perfect for the price (5€).

• 29th May 2015

This accomodation is more like a hotel than a hostel (Bunk beds in a hotel room with ensuite). There is no communal kitchen or lounge area that I saw. When we checked in we had to pay in cash (which was an inconvenience to us) and they didn't really give a reason why. They also didn't take our id or explain any facilities (like check in/out times or how to pay for breakfast) to us. The location is 20-30 mins by bus out of City centre, but the bus stop is directly in front of the hostel.

This hostel was not bad but it was farther from central Amsterdam than we expected. There was construction going on at the usual bus stop so we got dropped off at a completely different stop and had a hard time finding our way since there was no one around to help. The reception desk workers were not very friendly, either. The room and bathroom were pretty clean. It'd be nice to have storage units for luggage. Definitely not the typical "young, travelers atmosphere."

I had heard bad reviews about this place, however, I had no issues at all. Using the great public transport, the location was no issue.

• 22nd May 2015