Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We stayed in a private double with an ensuite. Very good value for money. The public transit was very convenient as you just needed to take the 7 or 14 tram to get to the city centre. They made the bed everyday and gave us new towels often, which was great. We had a lovely stay, and the staff were very friendly too!

NO RECEIPT FROM the HOSTEL WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ANY ID FROM YOU or giving you back a receipt for the final payment. They take tourist tax but do not register you. PAYMENT MUST BE IN CASH AND PAYED AS YOU CHECK IN: NO CREDIT-CARDS. 4-people ROOM WAS CLEAN and LOCKERS were AVAILABLE. Our ROOMS were NOT HEATED in the last two-days, only the corridors. Available connections with city centre also by night (20-30min). Breakfast costs 5€ but is buffet. CHOOSE THIS ONLY IF YOU HAVE TO SAVE MONEY.

• 6th Nov 2015

The hostel is about 20 minutes away from dam square by a tram, unlike what's been advertised. The staff at night isis very unfriendly,who talks loudly and likes to dismiss us when we're complaining something. The rooms are fitted with a central heater, which was in full blast and cannot be controlled from the room, making it very hot, uncomfortable and stuffy. We're literally sweating bullets in autumn while trying to sleep

This is more like a hotel than a hostel. The young man at the front desk is very helpful and nice. My friend and I were very tired from an overnight bus, he helped us upgrade to a 4 beds room and change it from co-ed to female only with no cost. Really appreciate his help and definitely made our stay more enjoyable. However, the hostel is not very clean and not in central amsterdam

The room's toallete smelled really bad, as well as the room. Bad ventilation and no control of the room temperature. The staff was really really useless, poor information, poor disposition, no indication or help for anything. This hotel is extremely far away from the city enter, it takes more than 30 minutes! Bad and difficult transport during night. Poor and bad quality tv channels.

It was a really nice place, about 20-30 minute tram/bus ride but it was really easy to get into town!!

Far from city centre, doesnt have that "hostel feel". Its more like a hotel but not in a real sense. Staff is quite cold. Did not try the food there as it sounded expensive. Certainly will look for other options the next time.

Our window was broken throughout the whole visit, despite reporting it 3 times. Therefore, the room was freezing cold. I also experienced some fainting episodes whilst on the trip, frightening the group I was with. When they tried to get me sugary foods at the hostel, which I know helps as the faints are due to lack of food, the vending machine gave an incorrect item. When asked to refund, hostel staff refused, proceeding to throw the chocolate bar at the member of the group who asked for refund

• 23rd Oct 2015

The room was exhaustingly hot at night even with the door open. Could only open one door and had to squeeze between the bed and wall to exit on to our balcony. Overall it was very clean and our roommates were fantastic. However the bed was agonizingly loud and woke up the room with every movement.

Good to get out of the madness of the centre of Amsterdam. Basically a cheap hotel and it was worth it for the break

the hotel is far away from the city center, but have nice connections, also to airport. The family room was very small, but the bathroom was ok. The lunch was nice.

Good place not to far from centre on the train.

I was expecting so much more from our room and hostel. But the staff was really friendly.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Croatia

Amsterdam is small enough that you can take a tram anywhere, so this hostel being a little out of the way isn't too bad. The hostel has more of a hotel feel. Booking for a group of 4 was perfect. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the setup traveling solo here. I will say that the bathrooms were modern and extremely well kept, so points there for sure.

This hostel was a far drive from the central station. Not its fault at all, just expected to be closer. That's on me. The staff (well, the guy at the front desk, only staff I saw) was very helpful, very friendly. Thank you to him. Hostel was gross. Carpets were stained, walls were peeling, rooms smelled bad, doors were broken, bathroom was gross. I felt dirty just lying in bed. I would find somewhere else to stay. Coughing up ten more dollars a night would be worth an upgrade.

• 15th Sep 2015

You can't really walk to the city center from here. At best it is like a 30min bike ride and you will get lost. Pretty easy to take the trams though, so do that. Beds were comfortable, and the people staying there are great. Decent Wifi. Great Bathroom. Not the best security though. They had 4 of those small safes for 8 beds.

If you need a safe and clean place to stay for the night, this is it. My room has an bathroom inside, It's not close to the center, but bus and tram are readily available. Not much atmosphere or chance to social.

My first hostel experience. It was worth it, ready for the next one

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Spain

The biggest surprise of all hostels I stayed. The staff is amazing, the rooms are amazing,the showers,the breakfast. The best hostel in Amsterdam... very cheap compared to the facilities and services that they offer. Very worthy. I will be coming this hostel definitly.

I wanted to check in earlier.

• 9th Sep 2015