Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2057 Total Reviews

This hostel was very nice. The beds were comfortable, it was clean, and there were free towels. It was pretty far away from the city center and the bus was expensive. Also the staff wasn't very helpful or friendly. It was also hard to meet other travelers because of how the rooms were all set up and the common room was not quite big enough. But for a safe, comfortable place to stay it was great.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hotell i utkanten av staden. Med spårvagnen kommer man in till den centrala på 10-15 min. Byggnaden skulle inte skada av lite renovering och personalen skulle nog inte må dåligt av le lite oftare. Rummet vi bodde i var helt okej. 8-bäddsal med delad toalett och dusch på rummet. Rena och sköna sängar och dusch/toalett var helt okej. Tyvärr gjorde läget, personalens bemötande och priset att det kändes inte speciellt prisvärt!

This looks like a hotel than a hostel! When my taxi arrived at the hostel, I thought it was a wrong place lol. Very friendly and helpful staffs, excellent wifi and good cleanliness. Highly recommended, will stay here again if I come back to Amsterdam.

excellent wifi, really clean rooms, they had some lovely, helpful guys on front desk too, the girl not so much! we were apprehensive staying here having read some negative comments to the point our group had a big argument and looking at other places to stay but ended up being one of the better places we stayed in especially in terms of hoe great their wifi was!!

• 25th Jun 2014

We booked a 6 bed female dorm but after we checked in and went up to our room we found that we were actually staying with 4 boys. Turns out they'd mixed up our booking and put us in a mixed dorm, there were no female dorms left. Apart from that, the room was clean and quite nice. The bathroom was lovely. The street that our room backed onto was quite loud because we did sleep with the window open as the room was boiling. The area seemed kind of dodgy and was a pain to get to. Overall alright.

This hostel is in a poor feeling of 'unsafe' area, too far from the city. If you are wanting to stay somewhere closer to the city this is about 15 minutes from it, although buses were easy to catch to and from the stations. Atmosphere was depressing and the internet access was poor and much too overpriced!

• 19th Jun 2014

The hostel gets pretty noisy at night, the fire alarms of the rooms were setting off in the middle of the night and no one from their staff came up to see if it could be a fire. The staff is not very friendly when you ask information about busses, trams, metro.

It was a great place to stay. The location was a bit out of the way however. The rooms are clean and the available bike rentals was great. I do wish there was a way to cool the rooms down. it was incredibly hot in the room.

This feels like more of a hotel than a hostel. TNot very easy to meet other travelers. It's pretty far from the city center (75 minute walk, 20 minute bike ride), so nightlife is a bit limited unless you use the bus or tram.

The bathroom was filthy, hairs on the toiletseat and hairs and dirt in the shower. Stains on the walls.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Es ist ein Hostel, kein Hotel. Sehr gutes Sicherheitssystem, tolle Zimmer, allerdings ca. 30 min mit dem Bus von der Innenstadt

• 31st May 2014

More like a Hotel than a Hostel. Very clean, but a fair distance from the main area of the city.

While staying here, thankfully one night, I had bedbugs! My boyfriend didn't get them but I am covered in bites so I would definitely not recommend this place. The location sucks and is a very far tram or bus ride to the center of Amsterdam. Luckily at least the bus and tram station were right outside the hotel. The room looked very nice but definitely check the mattress.

Good hostel, clean rooms, nice bathrooms. There are safes in the room for your small valuables much like a hotel would have. Never felt unsafe or had issues with my items that I did not put in the safe. The location is about a 15-20 minute tram ride from city centre, however my friends and I did not mind this because the tram was right outside the doorstep and we enjoyed getting to know the public transportation system of Amsterdam.

Nice hotel. A little far from the central city, but the transportation is convenient.

Rooms should have the facility for tea/coffee making facilities at least. Sight seeing tour should be encouraged with proactive arrangenments by the staff.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • India
  • Couple, 41+

staff are unpolite.good point is only cheap price.there are good cheap restaurant and supermarket near here so you don't need to worried about it even though it's located bit far away from center.

Upon arrival we had to wait an hour and 20 minutes for anybody to show up at the front desk. We had searched high and low, but couldn't find any staff member for assistance. When I finally found a housekeeper and asked him if he knew where the front desk staff was, when they would be back, or how to contact them, he just said "I am a housekeeper and am not involved with them" - with the biggest smirk on his face - and turned his back on me to continue smoking a cigarette INSIDE.

• 24th Apr 2014

we stayed in 8 mixed dorm and my roomate from greece was very cooperative and fun..quite far from the city centre but the tram and bus bus is just few step from the hostel door..you got what you paid that's it..

Die. Slowly.