Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2078 Total Reviews

While staying here, thankfully one night, I had bedbugs! My boyfriend didn't get them but I am covered in bites so I would definitely not recommend this place. The location sucks and is a very far tram or bus ride to the center of Amsterdam. Luckily at least the bus and tram station were right outside the hotel. The room looked very nice but definitely check the mattress.

Good hostel, clean rooms, nice bathrooms. There are safes in the room for your small valuables much like a hotel would have. Never felt unsafe or had issues with my items that I did not put in the safe. The location is about a 15-20 minute tram ride from city centre, however my friends and I did not mind this because the tram was right outside the doorstep and we enjoyed getting to know the public transportation system of Amsterdam.

Nice hotel. A little far from the central city, but the transportation is convenient.

Rooms should have the facility for tea/coffee making facilities at least. Sight seeing tour should be encouraged with proactive arrangenments by the staff.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • India
  • Couple, 41+

staff are unpolite.good point is only cheap price.there are good cheap restaurant and supermarket near here so you don't need to worried about it even though it's located bit far away from center.

Upon arrival we had to wait an hour and 20 minutes for anybody to show up at the front desk. We had searched high and low, but couldn't find any staff member for assistance. When I finally found a housekeeper and asked him if he knew where the front desk staff was, when they would be back, or how to contact them, he just said "I am a housekeeper and am not involved with them" - with the biggest smirk on his face - and turned his back on me to continue smoking a cigarette INSIDE.

• 24th Apr 2014