Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff weren't very inviting or helpful. One was texting when we approached the desk and didn't even acknowledge us. Sign outside advertised restaurant but there isn't one.

The staff was very rude and unhelpful. The rooms were like any other hostel except everything was covered in dust.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

At first I thought it would be hard to walk around the city, as the hostel was a bit far away. But there was a bus and tram stop just in front of the door, and the trams could take you directly to the main touristic spots. The room was really clean and the bathroom really good. The breakfast was €5, but it was really worth it. At the end, it exceeded my expectations.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Besides the very rude staff at the front desk (which I'm sure isn't always the case), I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! It's a little outside of Amsterdam, but right on the rail line so you can literally walk outside and take a 20 minute ride to anywhere so it's super accessible. It's also VERY clean the showers and rooms were spotless. Also met some great people to hang out with here lots of common areas to hang out!

This place was considerably better than what I was expecting due to previous reviews. The location is not central but it is an easy 20 minute tram from Leidsplein and other central locations. The rooms are actually better than other central hostels I stayed in, and considerably less expensive at weekends - it was warm with good showers and it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. If you need a buzzy atmosphere then don't stay here, otherwise it more than does the job.

• 29th May 2015

A little far away from the city center, but very confortable and the breakfast was perfect for the price (5€).

• 29th May 2015

This accomodation is more like a hotel than a hostel (Bunk beds in a hotel room with ensuite). There is no communal kitchen or lounge area that I saw. When we checked in we had to pay in cash (which was an inconvenience to us) and they didn't really give a reason why. They also didn't take our id or explain any facilities (like check in/out times or how to pay for breakfast) to us. The location is 20-30 mins by bus out of City centre, but the bus stop is directly in front of the hostel.

This hostel was not bad but it was farther from central Amsterdam than we expected. There was construction going on at the usual bus stop so we got dropped off at a completely different stop and had a hard time finding our way since there was no one around to help. The reception desk workers were not very friendly, either. The room and bathroom were pretty clean. It'd be nice to have storage units for luggage. Definitely not the typical "young, travelers atmosphere."

I had heard bad reviews about this place, however, I had no issues at all. Using the great public transport, the location was no issue.

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

The dorm has a huge, clean and awesome bathroom. The beds are comfortable. A little bit out of the city, but for this price it is acceptable. I would recommend it. The airport is reachable easily, the station Sloterdijk is not so far from it. Geat place!

Very far from Amsterdam and not on the best neighborhood. Light and A/C didn't work in my room so we switched and still no light. The safes in the room didn't work. Room was Ok just tiny. Would not recommend

It seens much more as "shared hotel rooms" than an hostel ! The staff was very nice, but I got in trouble with their taxi service to The airport, because they ordered an shuttle service instead of taxi, and when I arrived to Schipol, the price "changed" from 30 euros to 50 euros !!!! Was really suck.... I tried to argue with The driver, but he hold my lugage until get 50euros.... All I got was a picture of The license plate of The black shuttle car.

• 16th May 2015

We were a group 4 in a 6 bed mixed dorm. It was really small. No to keep bags. Breakfast was not included and the rate is not at all worth the stay. Too expensive. Far from the city.

While the lobby is nice, the rest of the hotell is quite shabby. The breakfast room in the basement is a sound-trap that gets unbearable after about five people in it. There is a nice street-level room to the right of the front desk and it could be used for breakfast instead, but it is empty. The room we stayed in had two very old air-con (we're talking 1970's) units right outside that made a horrible racket. The best thing about it is that the buses and streetcars stop right outside.

• 13th May 2015
  • Sweden

It wasn't a hostel. Do not book this if you are looking for a hostel. It was a hotel room with 4 beds in it. It's in an inconvenient location. It would probably be a good hotel, just please don't advertise it as a hostel because it is not one. Other than that everything was okay. The rooms were clean and the staff was lukewarm, albeit slow.

• 9th May 2015

The hotel is very good for what you pay. Its in an excellent location - next to supermarket and open market. The Kebab shop just outside on the right side is fantastic! Highly recommended!

Staff wasn't very helpful at all, seemed put out when they were asked questions and we could not check in until 3pm which was not specified on the reservation. The hostel was in decent condition, but it was located far from everything. I would definitely recommend staying somewhere close to the main attractions.

Good value for money. Much cheaper than central hostels. This one is far from the city center (not within a walking distance!) , but it is very well communicated - the tram stops in front of the hostel and there is a night bus stop also. Clean, good bathroom en-suite. Not very roomy. Small lockers available - but only 3 safes for 6 ppl room. Free wi-fi. working ok. No kitchen. No common room. Hotel-like. Access cards constantly blocked if put close to a cellphone.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Xpucu
  • Bulgaria

Located far away from anything touristy. There's a few tram lines that come by the hotel though that go to central Amsterdam. About an hour and 20 min walk to Amsterdam central station. The hallways were disgusting when I got there but my room was clean. Had mixed experiences with staff, mostly good and they were helpful but one man was not pleasant and rude to me. 6 bed girl dorm was decent. Would probably book somewhere different if I visited again but it was alright.

Very unfriendly staff.