Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great value for money. Sheets and towels changed every 1-2 days, decent size room, good shower and bathroom, 2 safes in our room (4 person room), loads of food shops nearby and a shopping centre immediately opposite. Great public transport links; bit far out from the city centre but there are bus/tram stops right outside for going to Amsterdam Centraal (21) and to Schiphol airport (69). Would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was there for 2nights. Everything was fine but i couldnt access to wifi when i was in the room. The price was not too low but we were in room for over 10 people. You could not even sit comfortably in the top bed. Good security. I can have a free digital lock in your room it was just right opposite bus station even though it was quite far from the centre. The ticket was expensive to travel to the centre. You could have cheap breakfast in Hema in the morning from 9 to 11 if i am right (just £1)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

Nice place, enjoyed the room and the shower/bathroom area was really nice. When we stayed there were A LOT of young party animals up at all hours making lots of noise.... Of course not the hotel's fault. Not central but there's a bus/tram station right out the front door and they rent out bikes which was really handy.

Reception wasn't rude, but wasn't exceptional. The room resembled a jail cell, 8 by 8 foot with 2 bunks, but was very clean, and had a very nice private bathroom. Good for a short stay. We were having constant problems getting into our room, for the cards kept malfunctioning. Fair distance from city centre, 20 ish minute tram ride. Over all, a decent place.

• 13th Aug 2014

This is a decent no fills hostel. I was very worried about the room bc the reception room has an uncleaned dingy feel but my bed was really comfy and the ensuite bathroom was sparkling clean! It was about 20 minutes away from centre but the bus stop was across the street. It is also situated near restaurants, laundry mats, and grocery stores.

For 5 extra euros you can get a very nice breakfast

Good hostel overall

The hostel is really far out of the actual city so you have to take a tram or bus wherever you decide to go. However the hostel is really nice and the rooms are spacious and clean. Staff were not very friendly or helpful though. When we arrived the receptionist was rude and made us feel like we had interrupted her. She also kept sighing whenever we asked a question and didn't really answer them. We found out about the transport from other guests who were with a tour group.

We arrived here around 2 am and were very tired. It took very long time to check in only to find out they gave us a double bed room instead of a twin bed room. The room was very far away from the stairs but I still came down to only find out they can't do anything for me. I had to sleep on the floor. I did't like the guy who checked us in. In the morning, I have complained and demanded a free breakfast. The girl working on sunday gave us the free breakfast. That was the only good exprience I had

1 2 3 Next » last »