Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1911 Total Reviews

We paid for a mixed 12 bed dorm but ended up in a 4 bed room with a bathroom inside. That was a pleasant surprise. The shower worked well. Toilets were clean. Hairdryer worked. Didn't use the lockers. A negative aspect was that the room had windows next to two big air climatization machines...they were pretty noisy...WiFi worked..

Nice place, clean and friendly and lots of people about. Quite a nice bar with pool table and cheap drinks. A bit out of the centre but just a short bus or tram ride away. Would definitely stay here again.

Really, really bad service. If I tell you I'm checking in at 3pm, don't make me wait an hour and then come in later asking to vacuum while I'm trying to sleep.

We got what we payed for. Everything was good. It's more of a hotel than hostel. WIFI was slow, room was small but neat, no kitchen available. I, however, would recommend this purely for the reason that it was nice and clean. We also got an ensuite! It's a 10 min tram away from the main part of town. There is a LIDL supermarket opposite the hotel so good to eat cheaply. Don't forget that they add a tax to your stay.

Electronic safes in rooms were awesome. A reasonable commute from most of the main sites, but manageable. The young guy who checked us in and helped us with things to do in the area was great- his female coworker in the morning was one of the worst people we´ve had to deal with in our 3 month trip. Atmosphere in the bar was good. Very clean rooms with dirty red carpet in the common area (No big deal). A Cheap place to stay in Amsterdam with pretty good wifi. Would stay again- ignore staff.

A bit far out of Amsterdam central, its a 30 minuute bus ride. Tge public transport is right outside however. Very nice place to stay i must conclude

everything was perfect in the hotel, breakfast is so good and the atmosphere is so good. only problem is it's a little bit far from city center but it's ok with trams.

It was a very hotel-like experience, not really a hostel, but the facilities were very nice, and everything was clean and in good condition!

nice reception looks very good... extremely soft bed, but if you are a softie then its super for you ;) it needs a 15-20min tram ride from the hostel to centraal. the tram station is directly in front of the hostel and there is another station just a walk down the street ;)

A bit outside the city center, but right by the tram line so you can be at the major sites in a few minutes.

The day i arrived i had to pay more than what the e-mail said i had to pay. The last day, they tried to make me paying 40€ for a taxi, telling me (twice) there was no bus. I knew there was a bus, and it costs only 2.80€.

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Spain

The Mohican haircut guy's volatile behaviour was unacceptable esp' dealing with the public. However, I might, later on, reconsider and recommend this hostel solely because Ivan is the complete opposite-he was light hearted but professional. He will go out of his way to assist guests-Full of energy and good humour-very professional. He was' father-like' to the young guests and respectful and good natured to more mature people. The male day receptionist was excellent but the female was hostile.

No fans provided in the rooms and it was boiling!! Shower was blocked an overflowing when we arrived. Was dealt with when we asked though. Hotel is far out but good transport links.

Nice hostel for the money, though quite far away from the city centre. I selected a check in time in the morning, but when I got there I was told I couldn't check in until 3pm. Was told I could put my luggage in their luggage room, which didn't seem very secure.

it is ok as a hostel

I wish I had been emailed the final amount I had to pay to stay at this hostel a day or two prior to arrival. It would've also been nice to have had breakfast included in the price and improvements to the free wifi so guests would not have to leave their rooms all the time to get good reception. Finally, I feel that while the staff were helpful, they could be a little friendlier and nicer in their overall attitude.

• 19th Jul 2013

Nice place to stay

• 13th Jul 2013
  • India

A very small room for 10 beds. No curtains in a mixed dorm.

Nice rooms, good facilities with free computers to use (when they were working), the only problem is the hotel is quite far out of town so if you don't feel like walking then you have to spend more on the tram. We received mainly good service however one person was rude. The breakfast is not worth it, there were no croissants as stated, a very disappointing purchase.

We found the staff rude and horrible. They would only take cash in payment (not CC as advertised) and forced us to either pay by cash then and there or for us to walk away and lose our 10% deposit. We stayed in an 8 person room, and found various garbage under the bed. It's a 40 minute bike ride/30 minute bus to Amsterdam City Center.

• 6th Jul 2013