Hostel Slotania Reviews

Slotermeerlaan 131, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2001 Total Reviews

If you just need a place to stay for a night, it's a good deal cause it's clean and safe and rather cheap. But the staff was really unfriendly and you find yourself in a shoe-box-like room in an endless narrow corridor. You can have a good breakfast there - for 5 € extra. Don't know if I can recommend that.

Staff have us no information upon arrival at all, just the room number and key. We ordered a double private but it was two singles pushed together so they would alway separate which was very annoying. The mattress had little bumps with no mattress protector. It was nice but could have been nicer as this was supposed to be a treat for my partner and I.

Cramming 6 into a space for 2 without proper ventilation was for me uncomfortable. It was warm and clean and the staff were pleasant.

• 21st Nov 2013

The hostel is very far from the center. If you can take one in the heart of Amsterdam, otherwise you'll have to spend money with taxis.

The night staff is WAY more friendly than the day staff. Accidently booked for Thurs night instead of Fri and got it switched with no problem. Had 5 friends join Friday night and we were placed in a 6 room suite with no problem. Our bathroom was super clean. Beds were slightly uncomfortable and VERY squeaky. We even had a nice balcony. I would definitely stay here again. Only con is that it was a 25 min trolley ride from the sights but for this price (€10 a night) it was worth it to us!

Great bed, great room, great bathroom - nothing to complain about, except for the distance from downtown.

• 20th Oct 2013

When we arrived, the staff were very friendly...however when arriving back early in the morning, the man at the counter was very very rude when I tried to explain to him that the vending machine was not working and he raised his voice and said that there was nothing he could do about it. Good for the money paid though

• 18th Oct 2013

I think the location could definitely be more desirable because it's a pretty far distance out from the main part of the city. I wouldn't feel very comfortable walking around that area by myself at night, but the hotel is still definitely worth the money.

• 11th Oct 2013

Very nice hotel, but a little far from downtown. But you can reach the centre easily by tram and bus, but you have to take into account the prices for round trip each day, and if you come back during a weekend night, the night bus is 4.5€!! That is the only drawback about the hotel, the location. We were in a room for 6 people and it is quite small, and without any closet and place to put our luggage, only under the beds.

Front desk help left a lot to be desired. Not very helpful/cheerful.

• 5th Oct 2013

Its fine to stay there if you need just a place to sleep. Beds are good enough. The rest is a bit broken, dirty, or just old. But for this money... almost ok.

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Russia

it was disgusting. 40€ per person would have been more fair for this property.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Internet doesn't work in the room, one person of the staff come into our room we were in the packing.

I had booked a bed in a 10 bed dorm but was relocated to a room with only 4 beds at no extra charge. This made my stay much nicer than it may otherwise have been. The beds were as good as new, perfect mattress, pillows, sheets and towel. There was even hand and body soap provided in the bathroom which was ensuite. The bathroom had a great big shower with plenty of hot water and power. The room had 2 good electronic safes. There were plenty of electrical outlets too.

Dear Des, Thank you for your comments! you really said what we provide. :) You must have had a good stay here! I hope to see you another time here! Have a good day! Best regards, Hostel Slotania

Staff at reception rudely overcharged me when I arrive. "you pay or you leave" it was their only explanation. It's not a hostel. No common facilities. Carpet smells like wet dogs. Definetely not recommended

Perfectly good hostel, no complaints.Clean room & great bathroom.About 5 mins from the tram stop & located in a good area with shops, cafe's & bars in the surrounding area.I picked this hostel as every other option was fully booked.I would say that there are more central options available for the same price, so unless your looking for something quite far out of the city centre, I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

Great Room with even better Bathroom! Had a Safe and a TV. Too bad that the 'Balcony Area' is still a non smoking Area although it is an 18+ Hostel. Also a bit far out, but metro station is directly infront of the Hostel!

• 10th Sep 2013

weak warm water shower, bed mattress are very soft

• 6th Sep 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was a fine stay, although there were no facilities for getting hot water if the Kitchen wasn't open which I think would have made it a lot easier as we're english and we boil the kettle almost constantly. Other than that it was fine just very very hot in the rooms.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Althoung it's not really near the center. But everything is excellent. There is a big supermarket nearby. It's convenient to center station, spots or airport. It's second time I live there.

• 2nd Sep 2013