Hostel Smith Beach

7.2
Very Good 1262 Total Reviews

18th Jul 2017
4.6

Definitely not safe! My stuff got stolen, just because they have tiny bit lockers, I couldn't even fit my 25 liters duffle bag in! The place was definitely dirty, the pillow they gave me was yellowish, and the ground was sticky when you had to walk barefoot around. They didn't have clean towels when I asked. Also, when I wanted to have keys of the room, he said he doesn't have the keys; and I had to come back to hostel before a specific time so I could find somebody to open the door for me..

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Lovely stuff, super easy to make new friends and a great atmosphere

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Good value for just a good place to meet some people and party with. Beds are not very good and the bathrooms are much, much worse. However all the staff there was great and I had a great time hanging out with all of them. Would recommend this place if you don't want to be in your bed all day.

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
6.9

Stayed here one night and was covered in bed bug bites the whole next day. Was really unclean too

• nickbetz19945962
  • USA, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

The staff was fantastic. Bruno, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, Paul, the Owner Franc, and everyone else were pleasant and fun to hang out with. #terracelife The facilities weren't the best, but there was nothing majorly wrong or bad enough to make my stay unpleasant except maybe the super loud street that we were located on...wear ear buds. Oh, and the hostel is super hard to find... my recommendation would be to use google maps until you're close by and then look at the building numbers.

• mariusjulert2746
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2017
6.6

Amazing location in an amazing city.. other than that, pretty bad. If you can compromise on cleanliness, aircondition, being able to lock the doors on the toilet, beds etc., Then this is OK because of the location. We had an okay stay.

• Sweden, Male, 25-30
9th Jul 2017
3.7

Worst hostel I've ever been to. Nasty uncomfortable beds. Tiny little lockers. Overall really, really nasty. Booked it in a haste, should've done some more research before.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
6.3

Location was great but can't really give it any other compliments than that. Beds were terrible, bathrooms not the best. Volunteers working there weren't very friendly or enthusiastic, just gave off awkward vibes.

• Baxos04
  • France, Male, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017
6.9

Nice place to stay, but beds are so noisy, there is just 2 showers and 2 toilets for all the dormitories. I think it can be more clean for the price, even for Nice in summer.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017

Me and my travel partner had an awesome stay at hostel smith. The staff were always friendly and available for assistance. The owner, Frank, was very helpful in advising us on destinitations, lending us beach equipment, and letting us store our baggage longer than our check out time. The destination was perfect. We could walk to many different types of restaurants within a few minutes, the grocery store was down the street, the beach was very close, and the tram and bus station was also close.