Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

Beds were not comfortable. Also the air conditition wasnt working.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location - in the heart of old nice. Few steps from Colline de Chateau's belvedere. The hostel's building / stairs and common areas are quite old, however, the rooms are renovated and the toilets are bright and tidy! I would definetely stay there again!

• 11th Apr 2015

Not the cleanest place, but the best location you could possibly ask for in Nice. It is definitely worth it. I don't think I would have like the city nearly as much if I hadn't stayed here. The man who runs it is very kind and it is very close to the Flower Market (which also sells delicious food) and is just a lot of fun. I would recommend.

We had a really nice stay in the hostel. We arrvied very early at 7am and we noticed abit late that the hostel opens at 9, but with luck we were able to enter the hostel and wait in the lobby untill a tha man of the rezeption came. And he was absolutly ffriendly. He already invited us to have some breakfast and gave us a bed to sleep some hours also we hadnt pay for that night. Then we left our luggage there and went to see nice. It is a perfect place. Just the kitchen is pretty small...

I loved this hostel for the atmosphere. The facilities were not by any means good-- the kitchen has no oven, just two burners and a microwave; the breakfast is just jam and bread and coffee; the hot water works in the morning, but at night it's ice cold; some of the staff is nice and others are cold; the key deposit is 10 euros; the room I was staying in smelled like a guys college dorm. However, I met some of the coolest people-- I was only supposed to stay 5 days and I stayed 12. Your call.

I stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time with wonderful people!

Very central location, bathroom, toilets and WIFI are good. Though, the bed quality is poor, darkness cannot be achieved due to the curtains, and it's very noisy even after midnight due to the bad window.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The kitchen was too small for The people who was staying there. At night was a little noisy sometimes too late.

I was in Nice for Carnival and enjoyed my stay at Hostel Smith. The hostel is located just a few minutes from all of the activities for Carnival and as well to the beach. Very clean and i liked that you can rent a key so that you have access to the hostel at any time. The only thing that i did not like was that the showers and sinks were in one room and the showers had glass doors, so if someone else entered to brush their teeth you had no privacy.

An old lady from the staff woke me up in the middle of the night and asked me to switch the room. Apart from that everything was pretty amazing. Free WiFi. Free breakfast. Nice and friendly staff.

Good location, in front of a store to buy food, close to bars, restaurants, ect. Staff friendly and helpful. The doors of the showers are transparent, you can see everything from outside but they are two inside a room so is not that bad if you're shy. They have breakfast and night activities to go out.

Extremely well located hostel in the old part of town. The staff is very nice, good value for money, I would stay there again in the future. The bathroom was very clean but I thought it lacked privacy namely for the showers.

Yes, it is very cheap... But there are a lot of reasons why. If i will go back to Nice i wouldn't stay there.

• 12th Feb 2015

The place is shady. The cleaning lady is very rude! She yelled at me in the kitchen because she wanted me to leave so she could clean. When I decided that I was going to leave 20 minutes after checking in her and the manager refused to let me inside the dormitory to grab my bag because the floor was still a bit wet from her mopping. They said I had to wait 5 minutes.Unbelievable! I reserved a female dormitory but when I got there I was told it was under repair and had to sleep in a mixed dorm

• 9th Feb 2015

Hostel is at located at a perfect location. The staff was very nice. I definitely recommend staying here.

very dirty place, no security, no privacy. nowhere to charge your phone or pc (2 socets for 14 beds!). 2 showers only without lock. the entry to the hostel is very shocking and makes you wanna leave the place immeditely. Below the hostel there is Irish pub with very loud music until morning hours. all in all I booked that hostel for 3 nights but left after first night. I found lovely hotel with better localization and fantastic facilities. I will never go there back or recomend the place.

Hello Agata , I am very sorry you didn't like the Hostel , we are doing renovation and the reception will be one floor up and also there is small dorms upstairs but unfotunatly closed for now , If you live us the opportunity to come back we will upgraded to the small dorm and we will serve you the breakfast on the terrasse ,but for now we have only the 14 dorms open , Hope to see you again Best wishes Frank

When you first get there you're a little shocked since the hostel is located in a condo and there isn't a sign. The staff is really welcoming, they speak good English and take good care of you :) the sheets were very clean and the restroom was as well. The only little problem is that showers, toilet and sinks are in the same room so if someone is taking a shower and closes the door you can't use the toilet.

The building is quite old and there were no sheets on the bed.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Overall one of my least favourite hostels! There was almost no security, you can just buzz up into the hostel and they will let you in and the door to the room doesn't lock, while I was sleeping I overheard a staff member and client discussing if a man had followed them into the building. The hostel does give you a free small locker though. The reception is only from 9am-midnight and they staff is rarely at the desk during those hours. Only one bathroom with 2 showers and a toilet, no privacy.

Firstly, the owners of this hostel were very nice and very helpful. The location was great, right in the heart of old town. The one thing they do need is a common room for people to hang out. I know that they are in the middle of renovations so maybe it will come. My girlfriend and I paid for a private room and ended up having to stay in a whole other building. This wasn't too bad as we then got upgraded to our own apartment to make up for being so far away from the other facilities.