Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

The in,y good thing about this hostel is the location. Everything else is just meh and I had some issues wth my room, locker, and the staff wasn't overly helpful or friendly,

If you like to hang out at the bars all night, it's in a good location, but if you want to sleep it's difficult, as it was pretty noisy and the window wouldn't close. There were not enough lockers in the dorm I stayed in for everybody to have one. The price is a little more than other hostels in NIce. Although they do have breakfast, it's not as nice as their advertisement makes it sound and the kitchen is really small. The staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Perfect spot right there in the Old Nice, next to everything. I really enjoyed my stay! But the showers should be separated, because you can see everything!

Very authentic hostel, beautifully located in old town nice. The staff were very friendly and rooms, though small, very clean. There were issues with money but overall a very enjoyable stay in a gorgeous hostel.

• 21st Jun 2015

I call her the pigeon, cuz she roosts@the kitchen window. I thought she was a guest. She's rude&only talks/flirts w/the guys. I asked her where the cafe was, so I could make some. She said she didn't know. I went to the front desk&they told me she was supposed to have everything ready. I made my own cafe!

• 19th Jun 2015

I really liked this hostel a lot. As the only common room is the kitchen it is easy to get to know other people. The people staying in the hostel were very interesting and it was a very good atmosphere. The wifi didnt work, but who needs that when you can hangout with cool people? I also liked the old building of the hostel. If im going back to Nice, I will defenitely stay in the same hostel.

I loved it!!!!! the staff were really friendly and welcoming. the people staying in the room were lovely and there was a great atmosphere amongst the people staying. it's right in the old town and really close to the beach so there is a great buzz about the place. would definitely stay again :):):)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We stayed in a private room. The hallway always smelt like smoke, our fridge didn't work, the shower was always leaking and the shower head was awful, the bunk beds felt really unsafe so my friend slept on the floor cause the cot was broken and there was no fan.

Great location. Would definitely recommend for those who wanna go to the beach as it's 2 min walk. The hostel was nicer than imagined. If you get a room upstairs it is all new and clean. Bathrooms are very nice, and the bedrooms are relatively spacious. kitchen is kept clean too. However, the fact that the young staff which are mainly travellers always seem moody, angry or have no clue of how to help you with information about hostel/city is frustrating. The morning staff was super nice though

We stayed in Nice just to pass through on our way to Barcelona and got there pretty late. Leaving early the next morning we just wanted to sleep, however the hostel is located beside a loud bar, and outside a loud movie was playing at 2 a.m. Not an ideal hostel if you like sleep. The wifi did not work at all, multiple people had issues with this. And there was very little water pressure in the showers. We also found it difficult to find as the sign was EXTREMELY small

Awesome location! Great vibes but had to wait an hour and a half after the usual check in time which was annoying. Kitchen facilities super cramped (no other common room to hang out in) and so dirty! No hot water to clean any dishes!

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Old old hostel. The only new part is bathroom which is great! The kitchen is very small!!! It's a pity that there's no common area but kitchen to mingle! And wifi wasn't working. I complained but the owner said it would be fixed the day I left. So that I should have stayed one more night?!!! No offers for freebie even.

Gave our beds away so we had to share a bed for 2 nights. Staff wasn't nice because they did not want to refund us. Small rooms and didn't give us a locker at first. Wouldn't recommend!!!!

• 5th Jun 2015

this hostel has a very good location but the facilities is awful , kitchen and shower is bad and dirty , the bed is uncomfortable you cant sleep this bed if you are not drunk .. hostel street is noisy so hostel is noisy you cant sleep very well , you are paying 25 euro per night , but you cant sleep .

Great hostel. The wifi didn't work at all though, and we never received the complimentary coffee, tea, or chocolate.

• 5th Jun 2015

I had a bad train connection from Nice to Paris, so I needed a place to stay, and decided to check out this hostel, as it was the cheapest in price and in the heart of everything. It is definitely an older hostel with not very much space but it was absolutely amazing. The staff was all fantastic and I ended up staying up until 3:00am hanging out with a few of them. It was an amazing environment and I am so happy I could stay there. I will be back next week! I love Hostel Smith!

The location is perfect. Hostel itself wasn't the greatest. No hand soap/hand towels in the bathroom, and had to pay 1euro to rent a towel. At least the cleaners didn't wake me up every morning like some hostels.

The location is perfect. Staff was really nice. They lost our reservation, but gave us a private room instead, which was really nice. Only 20 minutes walk from train station. 2 minutes from beach.

Great stay in one of the large dorms, very social hostel and made some great friends. It is located in the old town but still close enough to walk around the different areas, it is rather noisy and sometimes hard to sleep from the nightlife outside. Bathrooms cleaned daily and well maintained. Wifi sometimes cut out but always started working again, just the usual expectations. Good value.

It's not a flashy place but for what it is, it's perfect. Great friendly environment and well located. The staff are easy to talk to and helpfull.

« first « Prev 1 2 3