Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

Very unclean

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

The location is perfect! It's close to everything and getting around is easy. The staff was friendly, the beds in the 6-bed dorm were okay, and the showers were nice and clean. The breakfast included was very basic, but we didn't expect anything else either. The hostel is a great place to stay for a few nights while exploring wonderful Nice.

Not the best hostel, Wifi hardly worked and the whole thing kinda seemed to be falling apart but the staff was great and the location was amazing!

Wonderful people, a lovely place to stay. Thank you so much :)

Ummm it turned out the room we booked wasn't actually in the hostel but actually in some random building which didn't get cleaned at all and wasn't very nice.

The private room was confortable, close to the Old Nice, the trams, the beach and a park. The room had private bathroom with a big window that made me feel unconfortable some times, but it was clean and new. The room has a little private kitchen that was really useful during my stay. The room was really worth the money.

• 19th Oct 2015

Room was a bit out of the way from the office. But to be fair! It made no difference to us. Was perfect for my sister and I. Would definitely stay again!

• 16th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

The window didn't close all the way, and the street noise was extremely loud. People at the bar fight all night long and into the morning. It's like you never fall asleep you just doze. The second problem was that the staff didn't know who was sleeping in the beds. They thought people who were unaccounted for were there. That made it feel a little insecure and weird. Someone from the front desk would come barging into the room in at 8:30 every morning and question everyone about who slept there

The staffs are very helpful and amazing! especially the ones at the reception desk(Marc ❤️❤️). The location is also perfect, in the heart of Nice, close to some really good bars with live music and good places to eat, I felt safe and enjoyed my time at Hostel Smith. I recommend this place for sure!

Its very much value for money, great staff. Only problem was lae breakfast timing of 9-11 as I had to leave early. Apart from it, it was best...will recommend to all. And chose again if I have to

Staff not cool ! Dorms not clean, seems like a jail.

Hostel lacks organization, not enough room keys and locker keys,i stayed 5 days without room key when i needed to go to my i had to go ask staff to open the door .

At our arrival, we were informed that our room wasn't in the actual hostel, but in another building which was not in the middle of the Old Town. The bunk bed was so fragile that whatever move you made, it swung so much that you were scared it might break apart, and it also made awful loud noises. We had to walk 7 minutes to the hostel to beg for fresh toilet paper every second day. Plus: WIFI dind't work because the Hostel hadn't managed to pay the bill for it. We'd never recommend Hostel Smith.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Austria

In general I found the hostel ok, but the matresses were awful, full of insects and I got three pinches, like mosquito ones but bigger, very itchy, we got new bed sheets which was nice and the location of the room (privat) was also good, just few mins away from the tram

Probably making more copies of the keys of the rooms, once there were less keys available than the number of people hosted.

Great staff, perfect location. Lots of good suggestions of what to do and maps.

Some of the staff were absolutely useless.

Warning, there is NO hot water, not even warm. Showering in the cold was a mission. It was quite difficult to find this place so look closely at the buzz in signs on doors to see Hostel Smith. Our room was very noisy due to all the street noise and 5am street cleaning that we could hear everything from. Had a poor sleep, but if youre a deep sleeper maybe you'll be ok.

The first night was a bit of a nightmare because of the smell inside and the noise outside. The second night was much better as I was switched to another room that didn't smell and had a reasonable shower and zero noise from outside.

Awesome location. Close to everything you will want in the old town of Nice. Wifi did not work at all during our stay and staff did not care when told. All staff but one were very rude to everyone in the hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5