Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

The building is quite old and there were no sheets on the bed.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Overall one of my least favourite hostels! There was almost no security, you can just buzz up into the hostel and they will let you in and the door to the room doesn't lock, while I was sleeping I overheard a staff member and client discussing if a man had followed them into the building. The hostel does give you a free small locker though. The reception is only from 9am-midnight and they staff is rarely at the desk during those hours. Only one bathroom with 2 showers and a toilet, no privacy.

Firstly, the owners of this hostel were very nice and very helpful. The location was great, right in the heart of old town. The one thing they do need is a common room for people to hang out. I know that they are in the middle of renovations so maybe it will come. My girlfriend and I paid for a private room and ended up having to stay in a whole other building. This wasn't too bad as we then got upgraded to our own apartment to make up for being so far away from the other facilities.

I think it's just a place for sleeping. The bed is not very clean, and there are rats in the kitchen, what's more, the bathroom can't lock, and there is not hot water sometimes.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I've been traveling in many places around the world, but this is the worst hostel i've been stayed. You are sharing a room with 16 beds. Only one toillete, the door doesn't close at all, and sometimes no warm water on shower. Poor blankets, no towels, the breakfast sucks and and very poor security. There are only two plugs in the room for 16 people, it's a mess, if you could try another hostel, don't think about it.

Fantastic location right in the heart of the Old Town and near the beach which is where you want to be. The staff are soo friendly, and the rooms are big. Showers and bathroom are in great condition. I highly recommend this hostel, good vibes and chilled out atmosphere.

• 11th Oct 2014

I would never recommend this hostel!! It's so dirty!!! In the 5 days I stayed there, nobody cleanead the room where I stayed (8 persons). THERE WERE MICES EVERYWHERE!!! I told the guy at the reception and he told me that they had put poison for mices, and that he could do nothing, and that I had to wait to the owner the following day that he could change me to another bedroom with less mices!!!! I think this place shouldn't be allowed to receive people there!!!!!

Hostel has a great location in old town, if you are staying in double room you are located in a different building, 5 min away from the hostel, where breakfast is held. If you are planing to stay here be prepared for a low(er) standard(s), and slow responses. Both of our sinks were blocked, and they did not solve the problem while we were staying there, no matter the complaint.

get the private room. They have a great view and a little kitchenette.

• 24th Aug 2014

Basic with a ridiculously small bathroom and v hot due to no air con. Excellent location and free internet access. Don't bother with the 'breakfast' (toast). In short, you get what you pay for. Not awful but not amazing

For a backPacker a little bit price but I guess that's what you can expect from nice. Fran was amazing, one of the best hostel staff members I have ever com across. All the random facts he knew and all the help he was willing to give.

Myself and m friend stayed at this hostel for 3 nights and were extremely disappointed. They had added an extra bed into our dorm which made it almost impossible for us to get on our top bunk. We had to shower in our bikinis because the door of the showers were see-through and upon departure, the man at reception refused to give me my deposit back and when I refused to take that as an excuse he started shouting and swearing at me and got very close to my face which, for a girl, is very evasive.

Dirty , smelly, cramped & shabby. Bunk beds designed for children (and very rickety), the room was only cleaned once in a week, overflowing bin, dried blood on the tiles, hairballs everywhere, smelled of feet & the bathroom for 6 was the size of a wardrobe, of which there were none. The kitchen has no hot water, filthy utensils & a stinky fridge overflowing with old food. Expensive for somewhere with zero facilities. The two pluses were some nice staff and a brilliant location.

No real atmosphere or opportunity to meet people. No common area. frank was a real asset he helped out immensely

Rooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. Bathrooms were dirty- toilet paper was often non existent. Floors looked like they hadn't been washed in a while. Extremely hard place to find. Don't look for a sign cause you won't find one. Not a lot of room to sit down in kitchen. Otherwise really close to beach. Perfect old town location. We did book a 14 person dorm and one night they squeezed another bed in- cause it wasn't crowded enough. Door really needs to be fixed.

The only good thing is that it's in the old city and close to the beach.

Good location, friendly staff, friendly people. Not so clean, but all in all. Book it! We where to buddys, sleeping in a 10 bed rom. Good good:)

Perfect location in the old town of Nice, close to tram and buses out of the city, close to the beach! Quite some noise from the street at nights (during summer). Staff very welcoming and helpful. You don't get much room/space for the price you pay but overall a very nice, cosy hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Very kind and helpfull staf.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Make sure you use the lockers provided! Obviously they can't screen every guest that comes in and there were some thefts in my dorm while I stayed. However it was because people left phones and wallets in hand bags and not locked up when they had come in from a night out. Easy target! Other than that very clean and great location.