Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

Very pleasant helpful staff . Very relaxed atmosphere

Friendly people, enjoyed my time there

The hostel was in a very nice location. I think we arrived earlier than expected, so when we got to our room the floor was very dirty. Otherwise, however, the sheets were clean and comfortable. The bathroom facilities were good, but definitely did not offer a lot of privacy--it was a coed bathroom with see-through shower doors, so if you are not comfortable with that situation I would not recommend this hostel. Otherwise, everything else worked out fine.

No printer to print. Rude cleaning lady who started pushing me to get out of the bathroom when I wanted to brush my teeth (she was African and did it speak English). Told her to stop pushing me and she kept pushing me. Toilets ran out of toilet paper twice. One sink has no running water at all. Looks like renovations on bathroom done on the cheap. Friendly reception staff that were helpful and friendly. Mattress was thin and sheets did not feel clean. Good location in the Old Town. Ok price.

Beds were not comfortable. Also the air conditition wasnt working.

Not impressed with this hostel for the money we paid, bedding was dirty - fridge stunk of off food - no locks on toilets/shower.

No such thing as a double room as a private room, may as well of been a dorm. We could here everything through the thin walls, bathroom had no lock on it so had to stand gard for eachother while showing. Got moved to a different room same story but the room was a little bigger.. We could move in that one.

Perfect location - in the heart of old nice. Few steps from Colline de Chateau's belvedere. The hostel's building / stairs and common areas are quite old, however, the rooms are renovated and the toilets are bright and tidy! I would definetely stay there again!

• 11th Apr 2015

Not the cleanest place, but the best location you could possibly ask for in Nice. It is definitely worth it. I don't think I would have like the city nearly as much if I hadn't stayed here. The man who runs it is very kind and it is very close to the Flower Market (which also sells delicious food) and is just a lot of fun. I would recommend.

We had a really nice stay in the hostel. We arrvied very early at 7am and we noticed abit late that the hostel opens at 9, but with luck we were able to enter the hostel and wait in the lobby untill a tha man of the rezeption came. And he was absolutly ffriendly. He already invited us to have some breakfast and gave us a bed to sleep some hours also we hadnt pay for that night. Then we left our luggage there and went to see nice. It is a perfect place. Just the kitchen is pretty small...

I loved this hostel for the atmosphere. The facilities were not by any means good-- the kitchen has no oven, just two burners and a microwave; the breakfast is just jam and bread and coffee; the hot water works in the morning, but at night it's ice cold; some of the staff is nice and others are cold; the key deposit is 10 euros; the room I was staying in smelled like a guys college dorm. However, I met some of the coolest people-- I was only supposed to stay 5 days and I stayed 12. Your call.

I stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time with wonderful people!

Very central location, bathroom, toilets and WIFI are good. Though, the bed quality is poor, darkness cannot be achieved due to the curtains, and it's very noisy even after midnight due to the bad window.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The kitchen was too small for The people who was staying there. At night was a little noisy sometimes too late.

I was in Nice for Carnival and enjoyed my stay at Hostel Smith. The hostel is located just a few minutes from all of the activities for Carnival and as well to the beach. Very clean and i liked that you can rent a key so that you have access to the hostel at any time. The only thing that i did not like was that the showers and sinks were in one room and the showers had glass doors, so if someone else entered to brush their teeth you had no privacy.

An old lady from the staff woke me up in the middle of the night and asked me to switch the room. Apart from that everything was pretty amazing. Free WiFi. Free breakfast. Nice and friendly staff.

Good location, in front of a store to buy food, close to bars, restaurants, ect. Staff friendly and helpful. The doors of the showers are transparent, you can see everything from outside but they are two inside a room so is not that bad if you're shy. They have breakfast and night activities to go out.

Extremely well located hostel in the old part of town. The staff is very nice, good value for money, I would stay there again in the future. The bathroom was very clean but I thought it lacked privacy namely for the showers.

Yes, it is very cheap... But there are a lot of reasons why. If i will go back to Nice i wouldn't stay there.

• 12th Feb 2015

The place is shady. The cleaning lady is very rude! She yelled at me in the kitchen because she wanted me to leave so she could clean. When I decided that I was going to leave 20 minutes after checking in her and the manager refused to let me inside the dormitory to grab my bag because the floor was still a bit wet from her mopping. They said I had to wait 5 minutes.Unbelievable! I reserved a female dormitory but when I got there I was told it was under repair and had to sleep in a mixed dorm

• 9th Feb 2015