Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

We were in a 2 bedroom apartment with own bath and kitchen. Attention, it is not in the hostel but several streets away from it! The bathroom is smelly and it is very noisy (from the street and from within the house) and one night, a homeless person was sleeping in the second floor hallway... But for 18€ per night it's okay. The old town is the perfect place to stay if you're in Nice only for a few days.

• 4th Feb 2016

Good hostel. Fantastic location

The hostel is located in the middle of the old city center of Nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We spent some great nights there, as the atmosphere and the people there were awesome! Thanks a lot to all the people we met there! Would definitely come back! Anne and Julia

Perfect location, right in the middle of the old town and walking distance to the train station, the beach and the main shopping street. Our twin room was a bunk bed which wasn't ideal but for what you were paying it was fine. Modern and recently renovated bathrooms which were nice but didn't lock. Breakfast is basic but again, for what you're paying you can't complain. We stayed in the middle of winter which was lovely, definitely stay here if you're just looking for a place to sleep at night.

We booked a single room for 2 people, when we arrived a staff member, who was discussing with another client, said to us that the room wasn't available and we would have to sleep one of the 2 nights in room with more 8 people and he didn't want to refound, we had to talk with the owner of the hostel to solve the problem. The kitchen was dirty, we had to wash all the dishes before using them. The bathroom was very small and with no place to hang clothes.

건물3층인 것 빼고 모든게 좋았어요! 무료아침고 괜찮은 편이고(빵, 잼, 과일 등) 무엇보다 해변이 가까워서 더럽 ❤️

This hostel was unclean and did not feel safe at all. I didn't feel comfortable remaining there for the remainder of my trip and ended up staying at another hostel. The staff while nice enough weren't particularly professional. Wouldn't recommend at all. Towels were unclean (one was a bath mat). Wifi didn't work in room.

Most of the staff were pleasant, helpful and had a smile when I approached them. Will admit when first entering the building I was a bit skeptical but after a few days the atmosphere didn't bother me so much. It's my first hostel in western Europe and have to say I'd stay here again if I came back to Nice on a budget. Thank you very much for accommodating me longer then I had planned to stay it helped to reaffirm my faith in humanity.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Very unclean

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

The location is perfect! It's close to everything and getting around is easy. The staff was friendly, the beds in the 6-bed dorm were okay, and the showers were nice and clean. The breakfast included was very basic, but we didn't expect anything else either. The hostel is a great place to stay for a few nights while exploring wonderful Nice.

Not the best hostel, Wifi hardly worked and the whole thing kinda seemed to be falling apart but the staff was great and the location was amazing!

Wonderful people, a lovely place to stay. Thank you so much :)

Ummm it turned out the room we booked wasn't actually in the hostel but actually in some random building which didn't get cleaned at all and wasn't very nice.

The private room was confortable, close to the Old Nice, the trams, the beach and a park. The room had private bathroom with a big window that made me feel unconfortable some times, but it was clean and new. The room has a little private kitchen that was really useful during my stay. The room was really worth the money.

• 19th Oct 2015

Room was a bit out of the way from the office. But to be fair! It made no difference to us. Was perfect for my sister and I. Would definitely stay again!

• 16th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

The window didn't close all the way, and the street noise was extremely loud. People at the bar fight all night long and into the morning. It's like you never fall asleep you just doze. The second problem was that the staff didn't know who was sleeping in the beds. They thought people who were unaccounted for were there. That made it feel a little insecure and weird. Someone from the front desk would come barging into the room in at 8:30 every morning and question everyone about who slept there

The staffs are very helpful and amazing! especially the ones at the reception desk(Marc ❤️❤️). The location is also perfect, in the heart of Nice, close to some really good bars with live music and good places to eat, I felt safe and enjoyed my time at Hostel Smith. I recommend this place for sure!

Its very much value for money, great staff. Only problem was lae breakfast timing of 9-11 as I had to leave early. Apart from it, it was best...will recommend to all. And chose again if I have to

Staff not cool ! Dorms not clean, seems like a jail.

Hostel lacks organization, not enough room keys and locker keys,i stayed 5 days without room key when i needed to go to my i had to go ask staff to open the door .

« first « Prev 1 2 3