Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

The location of the hostel is really great, and the bedroom and bathroom was more or less clean. But the kitchen was awful as like the breakfast. The rooms are so crowded there is no place to put your suitcase the wifi does not work at all and there is no place to be with others. If you stay only one night i can recomment this hostel for its location, but for a longer period It could be very unconfortable.

The hostel is excellently located only 5 minutes from the beach. The staff was very friendly, but late at times (couldn't check out at nine because no one was at the reception). The hotel was fully booked, but nevertheless you could have some privacy. The folks there were also very nice!

Great hostle in a great spot! The dorm was comfortable and it didn't feel like there were 14 people in there. It was nice to have lockers in the room too! The staff were aloof for the most part and made me feel like a bit of a bother. A little more common space would have been great and the free breakfast leaves a little to be desired. But overall, the hostel was a great location and a good value! Would recommend and would stay again myself

• 18th Jul 2015

If you ONLY want a place to crash after partying, Hostel Smith is fine. If you want to shower in someting other than a trickle of cold water, not be woken up by staff yelling at patrons at 2am, have hand soap and a steady supply of toilet paper in the bathrooms, have staff not give your locker key to another person when your wallet and passport are in it, not have to buzz several times to be let in, and not be forced to give up your locker a day before checkout or forfit €30, then don't go.

The major value of this hotel lies in its proximity to the beach and the old town center. Just walk straight down Rue Droite and you're there! But for a city that is so prosperous and known for its glamour, this hostel provides the bare minimum of service. I reserved a private room. They gave me sheets I don't think we're completely clean. The mattresses were old and the room was not cleaned out. There was hair on the table and a used band-aid on the floor when I walked in. The bed frame greasy.

The worst hostel I have stayed, the staff are rude and do not help you one bit, for the 36 euros I got a squeaky bed, a cold shower and a small locker. Your better off going to sleep on rocky beach then stay at this hostel. The staff didn't even give me any change back when I paid for my room.

Nice little place. Helpful staff.

This hostel should not be rated so high, it should be rated 30% or below. Me & 2 others I travelled with, including the 6 others who shared a room with us (including the neighbouring rooms) booked this hostel initially due to high rating score on HostelWorld and MAINLY for AIRCON! There is NONE! Why is it advertised on your site? Complete waste of money! Furthermore, owners are not hospitable, WIFI does not work, see-through showers, no sleep at all due to Irish pub directly below! DO NOT BOOK!!

• 12th Jul 2015

In a great location but that's it. Stayed in a room of 14 (but noticed they squeezed in an extra 15th person when I woke), and was very messy and crowded. The wifi didn't work. No air con or fans so was extra hot in the packed room. No security really. The door to the dorm didn't close (was permanently wide open), and to get into the hostel itself you could buzz from the street and anyone would be let in. Was happy to leave.

Don't advertise free breakfast if it's just toast. Get shower heads installed as well as warm water. Make sure you have enough lockers for your guests.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Had a lovely time here. It was a bit pricey for what was on offer but the location, staff and awesome room mates made up for any missing toilet paper and dirty showers. The showers could definitely use more frosting as they're almost completely see through. Still, we loved our time here and would come back! We made some really good friends here. Hostel Smith really made our stay memorable. Would definitely recommend!

Layout is a bit funny but that is very minute insofar as criticism. Staff woke me up to tell me checkout was an hour away - I was very aware. Very pricey for the shoddy bathroom cleanliness and sorry excuse for "breakfast" (I don't count a loaf of bread and some jam). Was very close to beach and restaurants. Room was hot, company was great.

great location , best part of nice in old town. close to beach and bars. clean rooms, friendly staff and fantastic bathrooms best shower ive had in a hostel. only downside fridge too small for amount of people staying there

• 29th Jun 2015

In the end all that hostel smith had going for it was the location. However if all the rooms were the same as up stairs it wouldn't have been so bad. I wasn't even offered a key they locked the door earlier then I was informed and the staff had no idea of anything, there was never any toilet paper or hot water down stairs and the showers didn't hag ,you had to hold them and for a place that shares bathrooms you may want to think about not having glass shower doors.

• 29th Jun 2015

The old woman on the office was confused about our reservcation. The freezer was a disaster, very bad smell. The room has only one plug for charge.

Amazing location! Near to the lovely beach and on such a beautiful little street. Great friendly atmosphere throughout the hostel. Good facilities, kitchen etc and good showers and toilets. Only downside is the wifi - mine didn't work til the second day and my friend's phone didn't connect at all. However it did work for some people! Would recommend this hostel :)

I had no problems with security. I loved the location however it did not have a big sign and I walked around Rue Droite 3 times before finding it. The staff was good, but one of them was a girl who just seemed really not motivated. Didn't smile or anything. The atmosphere is nice, it's really old school. It was pretty clean but there was no soap at all the entire 2 nights stay so I bought my own, and one of the bathroom sinks were not working. Oh and very few plugs!

The in,y good thing about this hostel is the location. Everything else is just meh and I had some issues wth my room, locker, and the staff wasn't overly helpful or friendly,

If you like to hang out at the bars all night, it's in a good location, but if you want to sleep it's difficult, as it was pretty noisy and the window wouldn't close. There were not enough lockers in the dorm I stayed in for everybody to have one. The price is a little more than other hostels in NIce. Although they do have breakfast, it's not as nice as their advertisement makes it sound and the kitchen is really small. The staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Perfect spot right there in the Old Nice, next to everything. I really enjoyed my stay! But the showers should be separated, because you can see everything!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4