Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

We were very disappointed with this property. We had an en-suite private room which was quite a walk away from the actual hostel. The look and state of the room was quite poor, very rundown. We weren't given the Wifi password, it wasn't written anywhere, we tried calling the hostel office to get it but the phone didn't ring. Ended up having to walk all the way back to the actual hostel just to get the Wifi password. This property is severely overpriced for what you actually get.

• 23rd May 2014

As I've reviewed before: Don't expect much, and all will be good.

They should get another toaster for breakfast so everyone isn't always waiting. And the fridge was pretty gross. I was there for 5 nights and it wasn't cleaned once and smelled of bad food. Other than that the showers were really good, great location and helpful staff!

The reception and the hostel are not at the same location and this was scary because we arrived late at night and we had not been informed of this difference in advance! Otherwise everything else was great!

NOT recommended! I travel the world always using cheap hotels or hostels and this is the worst one i've ever been. I am not a fancy kind of man, but it is very bad if you pay for accomondation and there's no possibility to use hot water. I spend there 7 days and once (once!!!) i took a shower in hot water! Bedclothes, sheets and towels were dirty. Nobody even ask me "is everything ok?". You pay them first day and after this you are on your own. I asked them three times for hot water - no effect.

As soon as i arrived i couldn’t believe how well located the hostel was. 2 minutes to the beach, step outside and you are amongst loads of bars and restaurants. The owner was a fantastic host, gave us great advice on where to go (we were looking for a good night out) and answered every question we asked!! Will definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap stay with great location and great people.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Good hostel but the breakfast is insufficient, but if you think in the value for money rapport it's just fine. Location is excellent and the staff is gentle, although when I talked to the lady in the reception in french she kept answering me in english.

The hostel is fairly well located and is easily accessed. All the staff was very nice and they gave us lots of tips of what to do and how to get around the city. The bad part was that we booked a twin room and when we got there we found out that it was located in another building, ten minutes away from the reception. The room was located in a very old building with an equally old electrical system. The electricity went out twice (only in our room) and the water turned cold during the shower.

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights in a two bedroom private with a bathroom. We had an amazing time! The room was great! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect. Definitely worth staying here. EXCELLENT value for money.

• 6th Apr 2014

The rooms are too congested for 8 bed dorms. There's hardly place for people to keep luggage and walk through the aisle. TBH, these rooms should not be having more than 4 beds. The kitchen is small, and seems to be always occupied by the hostel staff itself. The internet is terrible, in that it's hardly usable in rooms. More than anything, we weren't impressed when we got to know that out room-mates were actually hostel staff !! BTW, the location is good and breakfast is provided which is OK.

1 2 Next » last »