Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

Had a lovely time here. It was a bit pricey for what was on offer but the location, staff and awesome room mates made up for any missing toilet paper and dirty showers. The showers could definitely use more frosting as they're almost completely see through. Still, we loved our time here and would come back! We made some really good friends here. Hostel Smith really made our stay memorable. Would definitely recommend!

Layout is a bit funny but that is very minute insofar as criticism. Staff woke me up to tell me checkout was an hour away - I was very aware. Very pricey for the shoddy bathroom cleanliness and sorry excuse for "breakfast" (I don't count a loaf of bread and some jam). Was very close to beach and restaurants. Room was hot, company was great.

great location , best part of nice in old town. close to beach and bars. clean rooms, friendly staff and fantastic bathrooms best shower ive had in a hostel. only downside fridge too small for amount of people staying there

• 29th Jun 2015

In the end all that hostel smith had going for it was the location. However if all the rooms were the same as up stairs it wouldn't have been so bad. I wasn't even offered a key they locked the door earlier then I was informed and the staff had no idea of anything, there was never any toilet paper or hot water down stairs and the showers didn't hag ,you had to hold them and for a place that shares bathrooms you may want to think about not having glass shower doors.

• 29th Jun 2015

The old woman on the office was confused about our reservcation. The freezer was a disaster, very bad smell. The room has only one plug for charge.

Amazing location! Near to the lovely beach and on such a beautiful little street. Great friendly atmosphere throughout the hostel. Good facilities, kitchen etc and good showers and toilets. Only downside is the wifi - mine didn't work til the second day and my friend's phone didn't connect at all. However it did work for some people! Would recommend this hostel :)

I had no problems with security. I loved the location however it did not have a big sign and I walked around Rue Droite 3 times before finding it. The staff was good, but one of them was a girl who just seemed really not motivated. Didn't smile or anything. The atmosphere is nice, it's really old school. It was pretty clean but there was no soap at all the entire 2 nights stay so I bought my own, and one of the bathroom sinks were not working. Oh and very few plugs!

The in,y good thing about this hostel is the location. Everything else is just meh and I had some issues wth my room, locker, and the staff wasn't overly helpful or friendly,

If you like to hang out at the bars all night, it's in a good location, but if you want to sleep it's difficult, as it was pretty noisy and the window wouldn't close. There were not enough lockers in the dorm I stayed in for everybody to have one. The price is a little more than other hostels in NIce. Although they do have breakfast, it's not as nice as their advertisement makes it sound and the kitchen is really small. The staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Perfect spot right there in the Old Nice, next to everything. I really enjoyed my stay! But the showers should be separated, because you can see everything!

Very authentic hostel, beautifully located in old town nice. The staff were very friendly and rooms, though small, very clean. There were issues with money but overall a very enjoyable stay in a gorgeous hostel.

We were put into a separate building from the rest of the hostel as we were in a private room,but the room was fine

I call her the pigeon, cuz she roosts@the kitchen window. I thought she was a guest. She's rude&only talks/flirts w/the guys. I asked her where the cafe was, so I could make some. She said she didn't know. I went to the front desk&they told me she was supposed to have everything ready. I made my own cafe!

I really liked this hostel a lot. As the only common room is the kitchen it is easy to get to know other people. The people staying in the hostel were very interesting and it was a very good atmosphere. The wifi didnt work, but who needs that when you can hangout with cool people? I also liked the old building of the hostel. If im going back to Nice, I will defenitely stay in the same hostel.

I loved it!!!!! the staff were really friendly and welcoming. the people staying in the room were lovely and there was a great atmosphere amongst the people staying. it's right in the old town and really close to the beach so there is a great buzz about the place. would definitely stay again :):):)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We stayed in a private room. The hallway always smelt like smoke, our fridge didn't work, the shower was always leaking and the shower head was awful, the bunk beds felt really unsafe so my friend slept on the floor cause the cot was broken and there was no fan.

Great location. Would definitely recommend for those who wanna go to the beach as it's 2 min walk. The hostel was nicer than imagined. If you get a room upstairs it is all new and clean. Bathrooms are very nice, and the bedrooms are relatively spacious. kitchen is kept clean too. However, the fact that the young staff which are mainly travellers always seem moody, angry or have no clue of how to help you with information about hostel/city is frustrating. The morning staff was super nice though

We stayed in Nice just to pass through on our way to Barcelona and got there pretty late. Leaving early the next morning we just wanted to sleep, however the hostel is located beside a loud bar, and outside a loud movie was playing at 2 a.m. Not an ideal hostel if you like sleep. The wifi did not work at all, multiple people had issues with this. And there was very little water pressure in the showers. We also found it difficult to find as the sign was EXTREMELY small

Awesome location! Great vibes but had to wait an hour and a half after the usual check in time which was annoying. Kitchen facilities super cramped (no other common room to hang out in) and so dirty! No hot water to clean any dishes!

Old old hostel. The only new part is bathroom which is great! The kitchen is very small!!! It's a pity that there's no common area but kitchen to mingle! And wifi wasn't working. I complained but the owner said it would be fixed the day I left. So that I should have stayed one more night?!!! No offers for freebie even.