Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

Very central location, bathroom, toilets and WIFI are good. Though, the bed quality is poor, darkness cannot be achieved due to the curtains, and it's very noisy even after midnight due to the bad window.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Israel

The kitchen was too small for The people who was staying there. At night was a little noisy sometimes too late.

I was in Nice for Carnival and enjoyed my stay at Hostel Smith. The hostel is located just a few minutes from all of the activities for Carnival and as well to the beach. Very clean and i liked that you can rent a key so that you have access to the hostel at any time. The only thing that i did not like was that the showers and sinks were in one room and the showers had glass doors, so if someone else entered to brush their teeth you had no privacy.

An old lady from the staff woke me up in the middle of the night and asked me to switch the room. Apart from that everything was pretty amazing. Free WiFi. Free breakfast. Nice and friendly staff.

Good location, in front of a store to buy food, close to bars, restaurants, ect. Staff friendly and helpful. The doors of the showers are transparent, you can see everything from outside but they are two inside a room so is not that bad if you're shy. They have breakfast and night activities to go out.

Extremely well located hostel in the old part of town. The staff is very nice, good value for money, I would stay there again in the future. The bathroom was very clean but I thought it lacked privacy namely for the showers.

Yes, it is very cheap... But there are a lot of reasons why. If i will go back to Nice i wouldn't stay there.

• 12th Feb 2015

The place is shady. The cleaning lady is very rude! She yelled at me in the kitchen because she wanted me to leave so she could clean. When I decided that I was going to leave 20 minutes after checking in her and the manager refused to let me inside the dormitory to grab my bag because the floor was still a bit wet from her mopping. They said I had to wait 5 minutes.Unbelievable! I reserved a female dormitory but when I got there I was told it was under repair and had to sleep in a mixed dorm

• 9th Feb 2015

Hostel is at located at a perfect location. The staff was very nice. I definitely recommend staying here.

very dirty place, no security, no privacy. nowhere to charge your phone or pc (2 socets for 14 beds!). 2 showers only without lock. the entry to the hostel is very shocking and makes you wanna leave the place immeditely. Below the hostel there is Irish pub with very loud music until morning hours. all in all I booked that hostel for 3 nights but left after first night. I found lovely hotel with better localization and fantastic facilities. I will never go there back or recomend the place.

Hello Agata , I am very sorry you didn't like the Hostel , we are doing renovation and the reception will be one floor up and also there is small dorms upstairs but unfotunatly closed for now , If you live us the opportunity to come back we will upgraded to the small dorm and we will serve you the breakfast on the terrasse ,but for now we have only the 14 dorms open , Hope to see you again Best wishes Frank

1 2 3 Next » last »