Hostel Smith Reviews

20 Rue Droite, Nice, France

We stayed in Nice just to pass through on our way to Barcelona and got there pretty late. Leaving early the next morning we just wanted to sleep, however the hostel is located beside a loud bar, and outside a loud movie was playing at 2 a.m. Not an ideal hostel if you like sleep. The wifi did not work at all, multiple people had issues with this. And there was very little water pressure in the showers. We also found it difficult to find as the sign was EXTREMELY small

Awesome location! Great vibes but had to wait an hour and a half after the usual check in time which was annoying. Kitchen facilities super cramped (no other common room to hang out in) and so dirty! No hot water to clean any dishes!

Old old hostel. The only new part is bathroom which is great! The kitchen is very small!!! It's a pity that there's no common area but kitchen to mingle! And wifi wasn't working. I complained but the owner said it would be fixed the day I left. So that I should have stayed one more night?!!! No offers for freebie even.

Gave our beds away so we had to share a bed for 2 nights. Staff wasn't nice because they did not want to refund us. Small rooms and didn't give us a locker at first. Wouldn't recommend!!!!

• 5th Jun 2015

this hostel has a very good location but the facilities is awful , kitchen and shower is bad and dirty , the bed is uncomfortable you cant sleep this bed if you are not drunk .. hostel street is noisy so hostel is noisy you cant sleep very well , you are paying 25 euro per night , but you cant sleep .

Great hostel. The wifi didn't work at all though, and we never received the complimentary coffee, tea, or chocolate.

• 5th Jun 2015

I had a bad train connection from Nice to Paris, so I needed a place to stay, and decided to check out this hostel, as it was the cheapest in price and in the heart of everything. It is definitely an older hostel with not very much space but it was absolutely amazing. The staff was all fantastic and I ended up staying up until 3:00am hanging out with a few of them. It was an amazing environment and I am so happy I could stay there. I will be back next week! I love Hostel Smith!

The location is perfect. Hostel itself wasn't the greatest. No hand soap/hand towels in the bathroom, and had to pay 1euro to rent a towel. At least the cleaners didn't wake me up every morning like some hostels.

The location is perfect. Staff was really nice. They lost our reservation, but gave us a private room instead, which was really nice. Only 20 minutes walk from train station. 2 minutes from beach.

Great stay in one of the large dorms, very social hostel and made some great friends. It is located in the old town but still close enough to walk around the different areas, it is rather noisy and sometimes hard to sleep from the nightlife outside. Bathrooms cleaned daily and well maintained. Wifi sometimes cut out but always started working again, just the usual expectations. Good value.

It's not a flashy place but for what it is, it's perfect. Great friendly environment and well located. The staff are easy to talk to and helpfull.

Place was very clean and really enjoyed our time here! Would prefer if the shower doors weren't see through. Would stay here again

• 25th May 2015

Nice hostel in the old part of Nice. You would probably prefer this one if you are into going out and partying because of the location and the guest structure. The downside is that reception is not open 24 hours (from 9am till midnight) and the hostel should introduce some single keycard system for doors because there are many doors which need to be opened while moving around because not everything is on a single floor.

It's kind of hard to find, and I could not for the life of me figure out how to open the front door. Walking up the stairs is sketchy, but then you find it and everything turns out alright. Bathrooms are actually really modern and clean! Wifi does not work in the rooms, despite what is advertised on this site. Early check-out is not normally done, but the staff was really nice and adapted around my schedule!

Awesome time here, Frank (manager) is super friendly and happy to help

There were two toilets for the washroom but only one worked. We stayed there for two nights and nothing's was cleaned. It was really gross after the first day especially the showers. The atmosphere of the hostel is really poor. Everything is super old and smelly. The beds were not comfortable. At night there was so much noise coming from outside so it really is not for the light sleeper. The only good thing about this hostel is its location.

It seems that half of the staff actually lives in the 12-bed dorm room, so it felt like imposing on someone's home rather than a dorm. There were lots of people napping during the day and coming back between 3-4 am wtih no regard for the others (ie, leaving the light on when there are clearly people sleeping). Also,there was never ANY toilet paper in the bathrooms.. you always had to ask! And frequently there'd be no hot water. But the "staff" always offered to bring you upstairs to shower.

• 1st May 2015

We got a private room which was in a different building than the hostel. This was nice in terms of noise, but but it hard to avail ourselves of the hostel's other amenities (aside from WiFi, which we had access to, thankfully). Unfortunately, part of the reason we got a private room was to have the kitchenette...but our fridge didn't work, so we had to throw away food. Also, the bathroom smelled constantly of sewage. On the plus side, the location and privacy were excellent.

• 26th Apr 2015

Very pleasant helpful staff . Very relaxed atmosphere

Friendly people, enjoyed my time there