• 916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi, India

Very Good 1,546 Total Reviews
Very Good 1,546 Total Reviews
Hostel Smyle Inn Located at 916, Gali Chandi Wali, Main Bazaar, Paharganj 110055, New Delhi.
India

• georgepopescu
  • Romania, Male, 25-30
30th Nov 2016
7.7

Good stay. The hotel accepted my delayed stay with one night, extended with one extra night and sent a driver to wait for me at the airport at 2.30 a.m. They were also helpful in proving me with train tickets to Agra and Jaipur as well as a personal driver in Delhi (at extra cost, of course).

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
24th Nov 2016
6.3

Pretty decent place, good breakfast! and felt safe staying there. It's right on the main bazaar so feel very hectic once walking out of the place. Staff not so helpful and do try to sell you things through the tourist office that aren't needed. It an ok place but not worth the price. Seemed very clean! Not great to socialize..no places to chill but it seems thats common in delhi. Very close to the train station which was helpfull getting to agra.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016
7.7

Good hostel, aircon didn't work but didn't neee it. On main bazaar. Laundry overpriced but breakfast is included. Was a stuff up with our taxi. Would stay again. Not great for socialising but a convenient place to rest your head. Hot water not great

19th Nov 2016
8.0

Only stayed one night here but seemed pretty good. Great location right near the roof top cafes. Breakfast was free.

• sophiesdufour9761
  • France, Female, 31-40
16th Nov 2016
5.1

Staff was not really helpful (they wouldn't even help you break a 2000 bill or were trying to give us 500 bills back...). Breakfast was definitely not good and disappointing (corn flakes and a grill sandwich). The room was alright but I stayed in better places in India for half the price. I stayed there my first two nights and it was alright because it's walking distance from the train station. Would have been rated much higher with lower prices.

• Canada, Male, 41+
11th Nov 2016
2.0

I did arrive at the hotel but was immediately taken by someone at the request of the man behind the front desk to another hotel. I was told my cash could not be accepted, only my card. I was also asked for the full reservation rate and not the amount less the deposit I already paid. I felt I was being scammed and left. The hotel I was taken to was NOT the address nor physical structure I was shown on the booking website. I was treated terribly. The man who spoke to me claimed to be manager.

• marksnape4257
  • England, Male, 41+
14th Oct 2016
2.9

I was greeted by my booked taxi driver at the airport, however he wasn't a taxi driver at all just a guy waiting for me and other passengers, some not even booked in at the Smyle Inn! After a very long wait i was bundled in a tatty old minibus to take me to the Smyle Inn. On arrival I was soon taken around the corner to the 'Other Smyle Inn' which clearly is nothing like the pictures on their website, very run down place. And obviously i was expected to pay the amount I'd agreed online.

• USA, Male, 41+
12th Oct 2016
8.0

Good place to stay in the middle of the main bazaar. Great value for the money spent; simple but clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Oct 2016
6.0

The hostel itself was absolutely fine, clean and well located but the staff are far from helpful and really ruined the atmosphere of the stay. Fine to use as a base for exploring but nothing more!

28th Sep 2016

This is a very good hostel to stay and tour the city of New Delhi. The hostel staffs are very helpful and alert me about safety and care as soon as I have booked my room. There are many transport touts in the city, especially at the airport and railway stations and tourist attraction sites. The travel information and supporting services of this hostel have really protected me from probable cheating and robbery during my arrival and tour of India. I will stay in this hostel again in future.