Hostel Solar dos Romanos Reviews

Rua Alfredo de Brito n.14, Salvador, Brazil

The hostel locates at the ABSOLUTE center of center in the old town, and it was wonderful. I visited during the WC 2014, so the atmosphere was excellent. I can stroll around the street on the way back to my hostel, while time to time stop at the very neighbor square to order a caipirinha, or check the vender shops all over the streets, or watch all the street artists from all over the world perform or work on their products. The hostel has everything a hostel has, but the location is unbeatable

No air conditioning in the room. It's not very comfortable in Salvador humidity. Wifi only works around the reception area still not very well. I reserved and payed for 4 nights but ended up leaving after 2 nights.

Having one key for each room makes the rooms much less secure.

This was my girlfriend and I's first ever hostel to begin a 3 year trip around the world. For our first hostel ever we were very happy with the place. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, breakfast was good and the place was very secure, and rooms were cleaned daily. For us, the location was awesome because it was right near the stadium for the world cup game we watched, otherwise it was still really nice, settled in their historic district. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed during the World Cup, so obviously you a high price for almost basic amenities. Aside from that, the location was great, right in the Pelourinho, and surpisingly quiet despite the noise level outside. Breakfast was included (bread, ham, cheese, cake,...), and bed and bathroom were clean, albeit basic. Staff were friendly, however would have appreciated more of an introduction to the hostel. Sometimes staff would smoke inside the main reception area.

Clean and nice hotel, near the airport, in a pretty little town, with friendly owners. English spoken. You should bring a map of the streets, because it was hard to our taxi to find the hotel. We liked to br there.

The staff Leonard is a really cool guy, introduced us to some gud ferns .. They organised a nice barbecue for some games during wc .. The brkfast is nice gud options for fruit n cake .. We made really gud ferns at this hostel. I wud always go bak .. It maybe a bit expensive but nothin compared to fens u make and atmosphere

Owner and staff very accommodating and caring I would return and recommend this establishment to my family and friends.

• 10th Jun 2014

Nice place, although access to the kitchen to make food wasn't really made available. And a couple of the staff weren't very supportive either and threw some expensive food out that we'd put in the fridge because they didn't like it. The owner is a great guy though and a couple of the staff were very helpful.