Hostel Solar dos Romanos Reviews

Rua Alfredo de Brito n.14, Salvador, Brazil

We had arranged a airport pick up late at night (2am) and no one showed up. We looked around asking everyone at the airport and we were also the only ones with backpacks. The next day someone said he recognized us at the airport, so maybe he was there who knows but if he was there they did a terrible job of making himself visible or recognize that two travellers were asking all the other drivers about the hostel at 2am. The hostel has a good location, is clean. Wifi only works on floor 1

Seu voo chegou antes do previsto , mesmo sabendo que você tinha solicitado o translado, você não quis aguardar e pegou outro táxi , a pousada teve que se responsabilizar e pagar a corrida , e ainda sim não descontamos de você , o que você fez não foi legal ,

The hostel is in a good location in the old town however our stay was tainted by the fact that we asked them to book us a taxi at 4am for the airport. Arriving downstairs at 3:45 the guy on reception knew nothing about it. Nobody had booked our taxi and he told us to go to the square to find one. In the end we missed our flight as a consequence and had 5 hours wait at the airport. Other than that there was limited hot water in the shower and no wifi beyond the ground floor area. Not very good!

The hostel locates at the ABSOLUTE center of center in the old town, and it was wonderful. I visited during the WC 2014, so the atmosphere was excellent. I can stroll around the street on the way back to my hostel, while time to time stop at the very neighbor square to order a caipirinha, or check the vender shops all over the streets, or watch all the street artists from all over the world perform or work on their products. The hostel has everything a hostel has, but the location is unbeatable

No air conditioning in the room. It's not very comfortable in Salvador humidity. Wifi only works around the reception area still not very well. I reserved and payed for 4 nights but ended up leaving after 2 nights.

Having one key for each room makes the rooms much less secure.

This was my girlfriend and I's first ever hostel to begin a 3 year trip around the world. For our first hostel ever we were very happy with the place. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, breakfast was good and the place was very secure, and rooms were cleaned daily. For us, the location was awesome because it was right near the stadium for the world cup game we watched, otherwise it was still really nice, settled in their historic district. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed during the World Cup, so obviously you a high price for almost basic amenities. Aside from that, the location was great, right in the Pelourinho, and surpisingly quiet despite the noise level outside. Breakfast was included (bread, ham, cheese, cake,...), and bed and bathroom were clean, albeit basic. Staff were friendly, however would have appreciated more of an introduction to the hostel. Sometimes staff would smoke inside the main reception area.

Clean and nice hotel, near the airport, in a pretty little town, with friendly owners. English spoken. You should bring a map of the streets, because it was hard to our taxi to find the hotel. We liked to br there.

The staff Leonard is a really cool guy, introduced us to some gud ferns .. They organised a nice barbecue for some games during wc .. The brkfast is nice gud options for fruit n cake .. We made really gud ferns at this hostel. I wud always go bak .. It maybe a bit expensive but nothin compared to fens u make and atmosphere

Owner and staff very accommodating and caring I would return and recommend this establishment to my family and friends.

• 10th Jun 2014

Nice place, although access to the kitchen to make food wasn't really made available. And a couple of the staff weren't very supportive either and threw some expensive food out that we'd put in the fridge because they didn't like it. The owner is a great guy though and a couple of the staff were very helpful.

I would not recommend this place. We wanted to get a bus and booked a transfer to the station. We were given the wrong time completely (3 hours out) and the transfer was forgotten about which collectively meant we nearly missed our connection. Other than that the hostel is at best average...clean enough, quiet, with one general use computer. The pros are the location and the breakfast, although other hostels in historical centre offer the same location and food at the same price.

• 13th Nov 2013

The owner is a great guy! Helped us a lot finding the right places to go, and also Lended a hand to buy our flight tickets with his card!! Very funny and speaks many languages! Pelourinho (the area where the hostel is) is a bit dangerous but it's where all the cool things are, the Main Street is amazing!

• 13th Sep 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A very friendly place as well as clean! Mornong breakfast, perfect! Location, perfect! Security, execellent!

The dorms were large and airy which was nice but there was no real common room. People would hang out a little in the breakfast area, but it wasn't the same as having a proper common area. The staff were OK but there is only minimal English spoken. During carnival you are in the middle of the family friendly section, which means 18 hours a day of drumming and its a mission to get to Barra.

NO WIFI IN SECOND AND FOLLOW FLOORS!!!

Nice place in the center, and a nice staff.

• 12th Dec 2012

The location, atmosphere, and staff at Hostel Solar dos Romanos were excellent. The staff helped in many ways, especially when my luggage was lost by an airline after arrival in Salvador. Fernando was an especially good guide who gave me excellent assistance while I photographed at some sites in Salvador, as he spoke very good English and had valuable information about the local places of interest. The breakfast of many types of fruit, bread, ham, and cake was also excellent. Ann Mason,USA

• 30th Nov 2012

I miss this hostel, felt like at home when I was staying there. The staff were nice, friendly and helpful. I liked the way Gareth (sorry for mis-spelling) said 'no problem' everytime I asked him for help. The hotel location was at the heart of Pelourinho, so it was worthed to stay there to explore the centro historico area by walking.

Nice hostel, excellent location