Hostel Splendido Sibenik Reviews

Eugena Kvaternika 11, Sibenik, Croatia

Brilliant family run business!

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Amazing bunk beds! You can't feel anything from your bunk-mate, no movement at all! Very helpful staff.

Great little place in the heart of Zadar. Run by a family that lives upstairs, Splendido truly lives up to its name--clean, comfortable, and homey. Had a wonderful time here, and would definitely come back.

Really recommend this hostel! Rooms are not the biggest but certainly enough space. Very good beds, lockers, 3 nice bathrooms, a very well equiped kitchen, good WIFI... and friendly staff! Very clean also and location for me was perfect: a minute away from the main bus station and also a minute walk to the old city centre. Easy to meet other travellers!

I did no tknow that there were many steps to climb to et there and it was rather isolated, but close to the station and the family was very nice and helpful and friendly. >The decor was very modern and comfortable but the 4 beddeddorm was too small

If you have over 70 years and health problem with your foot, maybe is better to stay in Hotel on the first floor, instead of Hostel where young people usually stay. Anyway, thank you for your review and opinion.

Great location to bus and very friendly family. Very helpful with things to do. Also drove us to the Krka National Park but to a different entrance. We went by bus but it is recommended to go by boat. Still very good service an picked us up at 6.

• 16th Sep 2015

Clean, very comfy beds, nice terrace & the owners are super nice

One of the best hostels that I ever stayed in. I felt like I was in a home away from home, and the staff were some of the kindest people I'd ever met. The owner was like a saint! Little things that she did made a HUGE difference to my stay, and I can honestly say that it was my favourite experience in a hostel. The rooms and common areas were always kept to top standard, and the location was right near the bus station which made it all the more perfect.

• 8th Sep 2015

The lady running was this place was very helpful with local tips and advice. It was a quiet hostel, but this suited us at this point of the trip. It's a short stroll from the bus stop but not well signposted (follow the signs to Globo hostel, keep going 20m, turn left and you'll see it).

Nice hostel, very clean and new, helpful friendly staff, right next to bus station. Would recommend!

Incredibly clean hostel but at a cost! The mum of this family is lovely but close to burnout. I feel she needs to take on more staff or develop strategies to make life easier e.g. guests could strip their own beds before leaving & place linen in labelled baskets/ new guests could be given bed linen that they put on their own bed (these tasks are often done by guests in other hosts)

really liked this hostel and the family that run they are very laid back and easy going but kkeep the place spotless the kitchen is cool so where the turtles in the garden only bad thing was that there wasn't a place inside to relax apart fro m the bed which was annoying because we had rain while we was there but ththey are sorting that out so soon won't be a problem. I would recomend this place

Our stay at splendido was very good. We spent 2 nights there. We had a good time. Everything was clean! The staff is very polite and friendly. I highly recommend this hostel! There are a kitchen, air conditioners and seats to hang around on terrace to connect with others.

• 30th Aug 2015

Great place, modern, clean, very friendly staff

Staff alone were enough to make me return to Splendido. For 50 kuna pp the owners will drive you to and from Krka National Park however when we arrived early afternoon we were told they only do this up until 11am.They rearranged their personal schedule to make this happen for us and wouldn't accept extra payment as thanks. 4 turtles live in the courtyard who add character to the hostel. Dorms do not lock though and not all lockets have keys although this wasn't a problem for us. Highly recommend

Lovely staff - owned by a family who were really helpful, even given a lift to our next stop (Split) from the daughter's boyfriend as he was heading there already! Would happily stay here again. Quiet and relaxed atmosphere, kept very clean. Thank you!!

Stay here!!! This was the best hostel we stayed in and is just amazing. The staff are a lovely lovely family. They gave my friend lemon and honey when she was poorly, let us have spare towels even after we checked out as we weren't leaving till 11pm, and had their own shuttle to Krka. Felt part of the family! Also, bathrooms were very clean, we got a cup of tea on arrival which was lovely, us Brits love a cuppa. Thank you so much for your hospitality!

The hostel was very good value, clean and spacious. Beds were confortable and rooms were silent too. Nice and huge outside space and a barbecue that I was very sad not to habe time to use! This is a family run business. The staff was excelent, but the mother was quite rude. Not sure if because of the language. Her daughter and family were very sweet people. Would repeat.

It was great place with friendly people. I got my room changed due to some mistake but the owner offered me free stay in an apartment in front of hostel for free. Negative - the owners are to kind.

The family that runs this hostel are lovely people. They gave lots of recommendations on where to go and what to eat. There was a much older gentleman (maybe 60+) staying in my dorm which was kind of uncomfortable, but I think they have now set an age limit. The hostel is spotless, and the facilities are modern. It is only a 2-5 min walk from the ferry port and bus station.