Hostel Split Mediterranean House Reviews

Vukasoviceva 21, Split, Croatia

I went on the off season so I can't comment on an atmosphere because I was the only person there but the lady who owns it, elda, was really nice and there were a couple problems with my room but she was really nice and resolved it all really quickly. Good place.

Great location and Elda was a sweetheart, she gave us useful tips and even picked us up at the bus station at night. The rooms are good value, basic but cheap. Sheets and bathroom were clean, although the kitchen and the common area could use some more thorough cleaning.

I had a nice stay at Elda's. The location is super close to the old city and on a side street so you're able to relax and sleep at night. Just 5 minutes really to the port. I stayed in off season so I actually had a dorm to myself. Bed was comfy and good warm, clean showers. The kitchen was really useful for making my own meals. Elda gave me a great rundown of the city too so I knew exactly where to go and what to do. Thank you!!

Not sure I'd call this place a hostel. It seemed as though the I stayed in the only room on the property. No common room. The only people I met were the two other girls in my room who were doing their own thing. The beds have seen better days. Would look for something else if I was back in Split. Location was good though and the owner pleasant.

We loved our stay there. Nice room with air con, clean and tidy. Close to the beach and party.

This hostel is very clean and well kept. Great shower and kitchen facilities. Not a party hostel. A good place for some rest and recovery.

Booked this place based on the positive reviews and was happy to experience a relaxed guest house type vibe after the party hostels of Prague and Budapest. This place is as good as the reviews says. It was clean, had air con, and full kitchen. Elda, was super helpful during our stay. Even though there is a distinct guest house vibe (It really is a house in the heart of Split) It was still great for meeting people, and a few good nights were definitely had there.

• 5th Sep 2015

I recently stayed at Mediterranean house and of all the hostels that I've stayed in this is my favorite. Elda the owner is a lovely woman who is more than willing to help you out with any issues. The location was excellent and Elda gives you a map with simple instructions on how to get everywhere that you'll need on your stay. The rooms are great and always tidy and the air con is worth its weight in gold during the summer. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone

• 26th Aug 2015

Very friendly owner who was always happy to help and give advice. Toilet /shower rooms very modern and well-kept.

The lady who owns the hostel is the loveliest lady I have ever met. She was caring and was proactive for guest requirement. She made the stay so much more memorable as there was a genuine kindness and joy within her personality. Thank you for making my stay so great. Sonal Hewavasam.

• 7th Aug 2015

Great hostel to meet people. Air conditioner is on point and the bathrooms and showers are extremely clean!