Hostel Split Wine Garden Reviews

Poljana Tina Ujevica 3, Split, Croatia

The staff were super friendly and fun. Shout out especially to Diana and Igor :) the rooms had comfy beds but no lockers. The wifi was really good and worked in all the rooms. It was also an easy place to meet people if you were travelling alone. You also got a free glass of wine every night!

This is not a hostel. It's a restaurant with some empty rooms in the back that they stuffed some beds into. The bathroom was really gross and the drain was clogged and caused water to go all over the floor. Also, it's not social at all no common area really to speak of and - no lockers. Skip it if you can.

3 nights in a 6 bed dorm, and here are my comments. 1. The bathrooms reek of urine. If you leave the door open, the bedroom will also smell. The mats in the bathroom have a very strong and terrible odor, toilets are very dirty, the shower drains are clogged. The bathroom was never cleaned. 2. No lockers 3. In a room for 6, there were 2 electric sockets. 4. Towel had stains 5. No kitchen facilities 6. No tea/coffee making facilities, as advertised. 7. Pillows are very VERY old

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Spain

When I walked in the toilet seat was off the toilet and sitting in the shower. There was a guy naked and spread eagle on a bottom bunk. Not the best first impression. Later at night I tried to sleep because I had a 6am bus the next morning and ended up leaving at 4am because the couple below me was shaking the entire bunk. Spend a little more money and be comfortable with where you are staying.

We stayed in Wine Garden for two nights and at first we were warmly welcomed, but from then on we felt for some reason unwelcomed, even though we feel that we appreciate hostels, staffs and other visitors always. This left us wondering why we were treated this way. The lack of kitchen & washing machine & public hangout areas makes it obvious that one can't spend many nights in this hostel. The location, though, was good and the price ok. Bartenders were nice, too.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

I am very sorry that you felt unwelcomed at second night. We appreciate all of our guests and we want everibody to feel that. Sorry for that feeling.

Just take the ferry to Hvar and stay at Earthers hostel. You won't regret my advice! Hostel wine was ok just to stay, however not a place to meet people or have fun. Can't be in patio after 11 and no common area. Also no kitchen if you wanna cook dinner. Just take the ferry to Hvar and stay at Earthers hostel. You won't regret my advice!

Just outside the Split old town by the national theatre the wine garden hostel was ideally located and offered rooms at a great price. The facilities are limited to the basics however if all you want is a place to rest your head at night then it's ideal. If staying you must try the wine platter from the wine garden below. For 120-140 kuna you get 6 different local wines and a latter of traditional Croatian food a bargain.

There were no cooking facilities, no carbonated drinks allowed in the fridge. We staying in a 6 bed dorm now around a week ago and it was cramped! You were struggling to find a place next to your bed to lay your stuff as there were no lockers. The staff were friendly however the cleanliness of the place was poor. Liveable for a night or two but not much longer as you get cabin fever with how cramped the rooms are!!

Staff was helpful. We arrived earlier than expected and they were willing to let us drop off our bags to store them for the morning and afternoon before checking in. Beds were clean but a bit squeaky. Slept in a mixed 6 bed dorm. We had no troubles. I would recommend this hostel to friends.

• 14th Jun 2014

The Wine Garden Hostel was a really great place to stay in Split, very close to the city centre and easy to find on arrival. Diana and the other staff were very helpful, the rooms were clean and there was just a good vibe amongst people in the hostel. Thanks again!

• 12th Jun 2014

It was definitely, the best hostel I have ever been! The atmosphere is really good! People that work there are great: very funny, friendly and very helpful in all aspects. I made a lot of friends. The accommodation is very safe and comfortable. The pillows are the best and the mattress is really good, as well. He had a bathroom in the room, it was always very clean, also the sheets and linens. He had clean towel every day. Also, they had air conditioning!! VERY GOOD! BEST EVER! RECOMMENDED!

Thank you very much, we are so happy that you enjoyed staying in Wine Garden hostel.

Very nice place to stay in Split! The location is perfect near everything. The staff are really friendly and helpful. My room was confortable with a nice balcony. Very good value for money . I will go back there for sure if I go to Split !

Absolutely ideal location in the centre of split, nice staff and good rooms - main problem was bathroom was pretty smelly! All in all a good stay!

• 26th May 2014

Hostel was in a good location. Room was nice. Will be better once the wine bar is open because theres no common area to hang out with other guests. Staff were only there for check in, so we were basically just on our own there

It is not a hostel but the family is very nice and helpful. The double room is comfortable and the house is very well located, very near from the old town and not too far from the bus station.