Hostel Split Wine Garden Reviews

Poljana Tina Ujevica 3, Split, Croatia

I initially thought that I would stay for 1 night but I felt so welcomed by the staff that I ended up staying for 10 days. I felt the location was really good for me as I could simply walk out and be in the center straight away. I left my luggage in the wardrobe and I felt that at least a small locker for the valuables would be very helpful. Overall one of my best stayings in a hostel.

• 16th Aug 2014

The staff were wonderful, very friendly and gave us great advice about where to eat and places to go

• 14th Aug 2014

Just four rooms off the back of a wine bar. No common area or proper reception. The staff will lock valuables in their office for you though. The staff are very friendly to be fair. Good location in Split. It's OK for the price, just very very basic.

Loved the hostel and the environment. The staff were always extremely helpful and kind and would come back for my next visit for sure.

• 7th Aug 2014

Good location, friendly staff but facilities were poor. No lockers and my top bunk had a side panel missing and was very unstable, not ideal for a good nights sleep.

Good air-con. Nice place, nice staff, but no lockers and no locks on doors. No kitchen. You do get a free glass of wine though.

I booked this hostel last minute for my group of 6 friends for 4 nights. From some of the reviews and the cheap price I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. We were greated by Dyanna who runs the hostel and she was absolutely lovely and very welcoming.. Showed us our rooms and invited us down for some free wine when we were settled. The rooms are cleans, clean towels, air con and good wifi. I would 110% recommend this place to anyone travelling!!

• 30th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Staff were amazing!! So helpful and kind. Comfortable beds and beautiful garden. Nice location and lots of restaurants to chose from :)

Hard to say as I just spent a night there and didnt see any of my roommates, the girl in charge was really nice and sympathetic. Nice hostel in the city center.

Staff are unbelievable! They even have me advise on great places to go for a run in the morning!

The staff were super friendly and fun. Shout out especially to Diana and Igor :) the rooms had comfy beds but no lockers. The wifi was really good and worked in all the rooms. It was also an easy place to meet people if you were travelling alone. You also got a free glass of wine every night!

This is not a hostel. It's a restaurant with some empty rooms in the back that they stuffed some beds into. The bathroom was really gross and the drain was clogged and caused water to go all over the floor. Also, it's not social at all no common area really to speak of and - no lockers. Skip it if you can.

We reserved a room here for one night, got here and were told the hostel was full so they checked us into another hostel in Split. Nice thought but the other hostel didn't exist- not kidding there was no name, no wifi (apparently it was being installed that day- didn't happen), only people staying there, employee didn't know how much it cost, just a COMPELTE disaster. If you're booked- don't allow more reservations

It was a bit of walk from the bus terminal but is located in between the historic area and the quiet residential neighborhood which was as nice to walk around as the former. The room was really tiny but had an AC.

3 nights in a 6 bed dorm, and here are my comments. 1. The bathrooms reek of urine. If you leave the door open, the bedroom will also smell. The mats in the bathroom have a very strong and terrible odor, toilets are very dirty, the shower drains are clogged. The bathroom was never cleaned. 2. No lockers 3. In a room for 6, there were 2 electric sockets. 4. Towel had stains 5. No kitchen facilities 6. No tea/coffee making facilities, as advertised. 7. Pillows are very VERY old

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Spain

When I walked in the toilet seat was off the toilet and sitting in the shower. There was a guy naked and spread eagle on a bottom bunk. Not the best first impression. Later at night I tried to sleep because I had a 6am bus the next morning and ended up leaving at 4am because the couple below me was shaking the entire bunk. Spend a little more money and be comfortable with where you are staying.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

We stayed in Wine Garden for two nights and at first we were warmly welcomed, but from then on we felt for some reason unwelcomed, even though we feel that we appreciate hostels, staffs and other visitors always. This left us wondering why we were treated this way. The lack of kitchen & washing machine & public hangout areas makes it obvious that one can't spend many nights in this hostel. The location, though, was good and the price ok. Bartenders were nice, too.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

I am very sorry that you felt unwelcomed at second night. We appreciate all of our guests and we want everibody to feel that. Sorry for that feeling.

Just take the ferry to Hvar and stay at Earthers hostel. You won't regret my advice! Hostel wine was ok just to stay, however not a place to meet people or have fun. Can't be in patio after 11 and no common area. Also no kitchen if you wanna cook dinner. Just take the ferry to Hvar and stay at Earthers hostel. You won't regret my advice!