Hostel Split Wine Garden Reviews

Poljana Tina Ujevica 3, Split, Croatia

If you want a room with Airconditioning DONT go here. Firstly there wasn't a remote for the aircon in the room so we had to go and ask ... and we were then given the wrong remote... anyway we finally got the remote controller for the right aircon however we had to chose between it dripping all night and being cool or leaving it off and as the window didnt open so this meant staying in a boiling room. Anyway the price was very cheap so cant complain too much as apart from this it was okay.

• 1st Jul 2015

The staff are so friendly and helpful, the location was good. Good place to stay when you're in Split from Croatia.

It's a nice, quiet hostel with everything you need. Very basic facilities but it was cozy and did its job well. The staff were all really helpful in any way they could. The wine bar downstairs doesn't want to have anything to do with the hostel though so if your planning on sitting down and reading a book watch out for the staff there.

Great location! Lovely and accommodating staff!

no kitchen but cheap food near by, staff helpful, so close to all sights. good hostel

First lady was nice, second lady demanded we pay for our last night at 11pm then forgot the next morning, there was no kitchen or lock on our door, cleaning supplies were kept in our room so the women had to come in and out of our room all morning, every morning. They did not knock, walked in on us changing several times, leaving the door open into the public hall. There is no communal area, no cooking utensils, limited hot water (enough for one person to shower quickly), no blankets...

I initially thought that I would stay for 1 night but I felt so welcomed by the staff that I ended up staying for 10 days. I felt the location was really good for me as I could simply walk out and be in the center straight away. I left my luggage in the wardrobe and I felt that at least a small locker for the valuables would be very helpful. Overall one of my best stayings in a hostel.

• 16th Aug 2014

The staff were wonderful, very friendly and gave us great advice about where to eat and places to go

• 14th Aug 2014

Just four rooms off the back of a wine bar. No common area or proper reception. The staff will lock valuables in their office for you though. The staff are very friendly to be fair. Good location in Split. It's OK for the price, just very very basic.

Loved the hostel and the environment. The staff were always extremely helpful and kind and would come back for my next visit for sure.

• 7th Aug 2014

Good location, friendly staff but facilities were poor. No lockers and my top bunk had a side panel missing and was very unstable, not ideal for a good nights sleep.

Good air-con. Nice place, nice staff, but no lockers and no locks on doors. No kitchen. You do get a free glass of wine though.

I booked this hostel last minute for my group of 6 friends for 4 nights. From some of the reviews and the cheap price I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. We were greated by Dyanna who runs the hostel and she was absolutely lovely and very welcoming.. Showed us our rooms and invited us down for some free wine when we were settled. The rooms are cleans, clean towels, air con and good wifi. I would 110% recommend this place to anyone travelling!!

• 30th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Staff were amazing!! So helpful and kind. Comfortable beds and beautiful garden. Nice location and lots of restaurants to chose from :)

Hard to say as I just spent a night there and didnt see any of my roommates, the girl in charge was really nice and sympathetic. Nice hostel in the city center.

Staff are unbelievable! They even have me advise on great places to go for a run in the morning!

The staff were super friendly and fun. Shout out especially to Diana and Igor :) the rooms had comfy beds but no lockers. The wifi was really good and worked in all the rooms. It was also an easy place to meet people if you were travelling alone. You also got a free glass of wine every night!

This is not a hostel. It's a restaurant with some empty rooms in the back that they stuffed some beds into. The bathroom was really gross and the drain was clogged and caused water to go all over the floor. Also, it's not social at all no common area really to speak of and - no lockers. Skip it if you can.

We reserved a room here for one night, got here and were told the hostel was full so they checked us into another hostel in Split. Nice thought but the other hostel didn't exist- not kidding there was no name, no wifi (apparently it was being installed that day- didn't happen), only people staying there, employee didn't know how much it cost, just a COMPELTE disaster. If you're booked- don't allow more reservations

It was a bit of walk from the bus terminal but is located in between the historic area and the quiet residential neighborhood which was as nice to walk around as the former. The room was really tiny but had an AC.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6