Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Kneza Trpmira 1, Split, Croatia

Getting a free upgrade after a week of sailing was exactly what we needed. Shower only for us and a small kitchen perfectly met our needs. Staff were attentive and accommodating giving us many suggestions. All in all, we had a lovely stay.

Location is convenient and easily accessible to the buses, trains and boats. Unfortunately the focus of this hostel is to get as many people into one room as humanely possible. Good for making money -serious clutter and almost impossible to navigate around when fully booked. Lacks any character and apart from sitting out on the alleyway there's no common area to chill and meet other travellers. Mostly just a place to crash a night or two max while in transit than anything else.

I'm pretty happy with this hostel, and I liked that the staff gave me a lot of suggestions on sightseeing and dining. The rooms could use more outlets and storage for luggage. Also, the steps on the ladder to the bunk bed are broken so they swivel on their Axis, making it easy for someone to slip off. Each bunk has a sign, but I feel like this could be easily fixed with some creative carpentry or glue. Thankfully I didn't slip off, but my other bunk mates told me others have and hurt themselves.

Basic hostel. Good location. Very slippery, turnîng rungs on the ladders of beds which despite the warning make it very unsafe, I fell down twice as the rungs twist whilst ur standing on them. Staff otherwise helpful. Met some nice prople, enjoyed my stay overall.

The location of the hostel is just the office, it's actually a series of rooms all over the city. We booked a twin with shared bathroom which was a 5 minute walk from the office - still a good location, but a bit disappointing that it wasn't where we thought. Room was fine - clean and comfortable, but there are no common facilities, e.g. kitchen or common room, so not a good place if you want to meet fellow travellers, but fine for our one-night stay.

My husband and I reserved a double room and got upgraded to a private double room studio with our own bathroom! The place is further than the rest of the hostel but still close to Old Town. The place was clean but very bare of cooking supplies. The fridge sits in a cabinet so you have to be very careful opening the fridge door without hurting your finger on the cabinet door or hinges. The towels are also a bit rough. Otherwise, the staff was friendly, professional, and our stay was excellent.

The hostel is fine. The room is clean and new, but they really could improve on small details. There's almost nowhere to put everyone's luggage. Very few beds have outlets. The lockers are small, so you can only lock up a day bag at most (and since most people weren't locking the door I wanted my whole bag stored somewhere). It just makes the stay sort of awkward and uncomfortable. Otherwise the location is very convenient to the bus/train/old city/grocery.

Compared to other hostels I've stayed at Hostel Split was so much cleaner and nicer. The staff were incredibly helpful as well.

• 14th Aug 2015

We were upgraded from an 8 bed dorm to a private room. Had an awesome stay! Perfect location near the port and the staff pointed out sights to see and places to eat etc. Would stay here again

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. We stayed in a double bed apartment. Close to main beaches and a short bus to the more secluded ones. The staff was immeasurably helpful with recommendations for restaurants and how to get around. Laundry service available(they even gave me detergent to do my whites since I didn't have enough clothing for the service) small kitchenette with fridge and essentials. Printed out bus tickets, close to bus, towels whenever we needed. Love love love!

Great location, friendly staff. though extremely average rooms considering the price we paid for a private from what we saw of the dorms, they looked a lot better. We had horrible people to share a bathroom with who left spew and other things to the state we couldn't use it.. But we can't fault the hostel for that, people can just be plain selfish and disgusting. Lucky the bathroom was cleaned each day.

Very average hostel, guests were friendly and good location but facilities weren't great. No locks on the toilet and shower door, no common room and generally very cramped with a small kitchen area between 2 room. They had a working computer which was useful. Bunk was also ridiculously low, I'm only small and I kept hitting my head.

The hostel was in the perfect location and the staff were really good at orienting us to the city. The apartment was a bit of a walk away from the main hostel although still close to all amenities.

The only thing was that they said they would be able to do my washing the next morning but when I went to drop it off they said it couldn't be done, I wouldn't usually care but I'd been sailing for 7 days and needed some fresh clothes!

Perfect if you are going on sail Croatia-so close, loved that each room had a computer and the staff went out of their way to meet my needs. Aircon was fabuloussss!

The Hostel Reception is at the city center but the apartment is 5min away from it. We stayed at a doubled bed private room but with shared toilet, a two bed flat to be exact. It was clean and simple can't complain at all because we didn't stay in very much, only to sleep. The room was equipped with air conditioning, hair dryer and a single bed too, which helped with the luggage. The staff was helpful and gave us great tips around the city. If it is your first time in Split, its the ideal stay.

I stayed for 4 nights and was upgraded to a elf contained apartment about 5 minutes walk up the road from the hostel. It was great as it had a small kitchen, AC and really good wifi. Would highly recommend staying here.

By far the best hostel I stayed in. Very clean, good air conditioned room and very nice staff

• 5th Aug 2015

Beware....the room was not in a hostel - it a was a self-catering apartment with a shared bathroom which was great for us. However when we checked in we weren't informed that the locked room (which we thought was a cupboard) was going to be filled by other travellers later in the day - this could've been quite embarrassing! Apart from that, the place was very well equipped and close to all the sights in Split.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great location just a short walk away from the harbor, bus and train stations. Huge bathroom and spacious lockers - mind your head when you're assigned to the bottom bunk though! Close to bakeries and supermarkets - Diocletian's Palace is just across the street, through a market. Great choice for Split!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4