Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Kneza Trpmira 1, Split, Croatia

We stayed for two nights and I can only recommend the hostel, if you want to stay very Close to the Center and if you spend most of the day outside. Room Nr. 1 was a Kind of Souterrain, we had to Close the curtain all day if not everyone Walking in the street would have looked into our room, dark, small and where you can hear every single word from the neighbours. On the check-out-day we couldn't even leave our luggage there because it was so crowded -well,we'll try a different place in future.

should advertise the accommodation that is not actually at the hostel as apartments close too the hostel.

We were really happy with our stay here - because we were staying a fair few nights, we were upgraded to a room with a private bathroom and kitchen for FREE :) The bed was really comfy and lots of towels were provided. The hostel staff organised airport transfers for us and helped us plan excursions by providing us with ferry times. When the wifi stopped working, they got it fixed straight away. Overall, we were really happy with our stay and would definitely recommend this hostel!

Helpful staff and near perfect location, as close as you need to get to the town, without being too close to be loud. I only stayed one night and it was perfect for that.

Everything great except quite noisy until late at night from traffic.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I booked a private room with a shared bathroom and thought that we were staying at the location on the booking. When we checked in, a staff member took us on a 10minute walk away from the centre of town, to what seemed like a private apartment. It was fine, but just a bit far away and not what we were expecting. I wouldn't have wanted to stay that far away if I was on my own.

The private room we stayed in was fantastic! It seemed like nobody had stayed in there before us. It was more like a hotel room. We were told, by the staff who checked us in, that they were happy for us to leave our luggage for a couple of hours before leaving Split when we check out. However, when we checked out, the staff member was extremely rude and told us that there was too many bags to be looked after. She couldn't give us a straight 'yes' or 'no' answer on whether we could store them.

My biggest complaint with this hostel is that you do not stay where the hostel is marked on the map (which is why I chose it), instead they walk you out to the suburbs and you stay in an apartment. Positives were there was AC in the room.

We stayed here for two nights and I can't really fault it. Location is good and handy for everything you need in the centre. You check in at their office and then you walk about 5min to your apartment/room. Staff very helpful and nice. Checking out at 10 am is a bit too early tho!

This was a very average hostel stay. I chose the hostel for its location, but on arrival I learned our room wasn't located near the office at all, but a 5-minute walk away. When we had trouble with our key, we had to hike back down to the office, too. The room was clean, but drab, no common area, no opportunity to socialize. I've stayed in a LOT of hostels and this one was really overpriced for what we got -- a clean place to sleep and shower. The staff were very pleasant and helpful though.

Location is a bit spread out but no more than a 10 minute walk away from the old town. Staff were very helpful! We also got a free upgrade, so can't complain!

• 27th Jul 2014

We were in a private room which had a kitchenette, tv, wi-fi, air-con, towels and a shared bathroom. Location right by ferry port/buses so was good stopover location. Due to being in a private room in an apartment there was no communal area for meeting people, but this may be in another section of the hostel. Private rooms were great value for money and perfect for a rainy day in Split!

I never got to stay in hostel because I got taken 5-10mins away from hostel up a side alley way to a privately owned apartment that doesn't have anything to do with hostel. It was quite scary being there by myself. The room was soooo basic with no A/C and it wasn't very secure. The staff at the actual hostel seemed great though and made sure you knew where things were etc.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

it's Awesome :) !!!

awesome staff. awesome location. super clean place with AC. everything was wonderful.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Staff were not helpful, didn't have accurate information on ferries, beaches, their own computers, etc. Heard from others that the morning staff are more knowledgable. The lack of common area was unfortunate. Stayed in two different 8 bed dorms and one was substantially better than the other (layout, bathroom, etc) but there was no price difference. Wifi didn't work everywhere. Everything was in walking distance, my stuff was always secure, and the maid always cleaned rooms/bathrooms well.

Staff here were amazing in helping with our luggage situation. Many thanks from Svendall and Vilhelm

This excellent value for money hostel is in a perfect location close to the old town, market, supermarket, bakery, ferries, bus and train station. All only a few mins walk away. Our room was a double shared bathroom which was not in the main hostel building but in an adjoining building. Our room was small and the facilities - bathroom and shower - were crammed in. Staff weren't too helpful or interested. Overall a great hostel for location and value for money.

Traveling solo so was happy for a full kitchen in my 4 bed dorm. Comfortable beds, clean, good location. Walking distance from the port, to the beach and the main square. Not great if your looking to meet people. No common area. I went on the krka water fall your and met some friends. Otherwise can imagine it may be quite difficult.

What the hostel didn't mention upon booking was that we would be placed in a room a few blocks away, essentially in an alley. The towels were the size of a washcloth and the bathroom was beyond tiny; getting out was literally difficult. There were fireworks that went off in our street in the middle of the night and because we were slightly below ground we could hear every passerby that went by our window. For some reason they had a tv. I suggest using that $ for better cleaning and amenities.