Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Kneza Trpmira 1, Split, Croatia

Too business like, no atmosphere. Room is literally just off the street, so when you walk in you can see into the dorm. Some people didn't shut door behind them so it felt very unsafe at times. Room is clean but the place has zero atmosphere. Staff are nice but information they gave us was wrong. Would only stay here again if you are going to be taking ferry/train/bus and need somewhere close to port.

the staff were great, we flew into Split late at night so by the time we got to the hostel the staff were waiting out the front for us and showed us to our room. The room was clean and nice enough and we had to share a bathroom but they seemed quite clean. The real downfall was that it felt like we were staying in their apartment. There was only another 2 rooms so it was really quiet so we didn't feel like we couldn't go out to have a look around Split as opening and shutting doors was too loud.

We were so happy with the Apartment allocated to us through Hostel Split. They were efficient and easy to deal with

• 27th Jun 2015

This was a great place to stay! We got upgraded to a private room however, I wish we stayed in a dorm to meet more people and socialize. Moreover, the facility was very clean and the staff was very helpful and very nice

my girlfriend and I had a full apartment (private) with our own bathroom/shower/kitchen/tv's/washing amchine. This hostel was super clean and everyone there was extremely friendly with us.

Location was amazing, but no common area, just two dorm rooms with a kitchenette between. Fine for me though as I was only there for one night before my Sail Croatia and it was a 2 minute walk to the boat from there. Staff were friendly, except for the cleaner. Check out was at 10am and at 9:55 she came in and said "hurry up" to us all and repeatedly told me to hurry up when she came in cleaning at 10 past. When i told the receptionist though she was lovely and apologized and let me back in.

This is a great place to stay in Split, very nice rooms: big space, independent and clean. I was in a 4-bed room and had a private bathroom and kitchen. Location is excellent, just a minute to old town and very close to train/bus/ferry stations. I would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful and friendly staff. Apartment was clean and ideally located!

• 12th Jun 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. Didn't really feel 'hostely' especially as i had a room to myself but even with the room next door and shared kitchen i still felt apart from everyone.

Simple hostel with no frills. Dorm gets the job done, but the bathroom and shower were a little gross and none of the doors to them have locks. That said, the private room that I saw was really nice, so maybe it's worth paying the extra for.

We stayed in the rooms to get a break from dorms which were in a different building so I can't comment on the dorms. My room had useless air con, beds & not much more. My friend had great air con, balcony, a kitchen, cable TV, hangers. In season these rooms are much more expensive but we paid the same price & got completely different options. I got very little sleep & wasn't happy with the room. Stay in the dorms or stay somewhere else.

Great location. Central to everything. Nice facilities that were very clean and diligently cleaned and maintained. Was like a hotel the washrooms. AC was great. Was a weird orientation of the hostel, was more an apartment style because each of the rooms were separate and there is no common area. We were still able to meet some great people though so it wasn't a problem.

This Hostel had little frills but did the trick. Close to the Old town but near a busy bus station, no common room area, iffy WIFI and staff that were not very present. It was however good for meeting people, large bathroom area and generally clean. Also, they will do your laundry (for a price) and return it the next day. Lockers were big enough for valuables but not bags. Towels not included.

Amazing location and super friendly staff - we were upgraded to an apartment (from a double room) which was really unexpected and we were so greatful. It made us feel like locals! Would definitely recommend this hostel - you won't be disappointed! :)

• 1st Jun 2015

Our room was great, they upgraded us to a private bathroom which was nice but we didn't have a double bed so we pushed two twins together. But we decided we preferred private bathroom over double bed. The location was absolutely great ! Right off of the green market and Diocletian's Palace. the staff was helpful and very nice but I wouldn't take their restaurant recommendations to heart.

We had booked a room for two, and we were taken to an apartment a few minutes from the reception. The room was spacious and clean, and there was a nice terrace. Good value for money, would definitely stay here again.

Was a nice place to stay, close to harbour and restaurants. Shower holder was broken so was hard to have a shower.

• 25th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff very nice (help, give few advices, always available and understanding), perfect location, good value quality - price : we recommend and next time in Split we will take the same

• 11th May 2015

Great location. We had an awesome stay

Very central location, very close to the ferry, bus and train. Secure, clean and very friendly staff. My room was very much apartment style (Kitchen etc) even though it was a dorm. With no common area this isn't really a hostel for meeting people, but great for a group or somewhere to crash for the night. More of a Hotel with dorm rooms!