Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Kneza Trpmira 1, Split, Croatia

The room we stayed in was in a residential building not to far from the main office. Good value, clean and quiet. Exactly what we were looking for after a few weeks backpacking. Staff super friendly, all in all a nice stay.

Location is great; very close to the bus/train station. Staff are very helpful, though they tried to sell some day-trip tour program but it was fine; they didn't force the guest to buy it. The hostel is very clean and it is worth the price. However, the hostel doesn't have common room where fellow travellers can socialise, but perhaps this is because it is in the central of the city. Lack of common room, hence lack of atmosphere. I recommend this hostel nevertheless. Good place to stay.

Great deal we got a one bed apartment and for filled all our needs perfectly. No noise, no mess. Just what we needed.

Getting a free upgrade after a week of sailing was exactly what we needed. Shower only for us and a small kitchen perfectly met our needs. Staff were attentive and accommodating giving us many suggestions. All in all, we had a lovely stay.

Location is convenient and easily accessible to the buses, trains and boats. Unfortunately the focus of this hostel is to get as many people into one room as humanely possible. Good for making money -serious clutter and almost impossible to navigate around when fully booked. Lacks any character and apart from sitting out on the alleyway there's no common area to chill and meet other travellers. Mostly just a place to crash a night or two max while in transit than anything else.

I'm pretty happy with this hostel, and I liked that the staff gave me a lot of suggestions on sightseeing and dining. The rooms could use more outlets and storage for luggage. Also, the steps on the ladder to the bunk bed are broken so they swivel on their Axis, making it easy for someone to slip off. Each bunk has a sign, but I feel like this could be easily fixed with some creative carpentry or glue. Thankfully I didn't slip off, but my other bunk mates told me others have and hurt themselves.

Basic hostel. Good location. Very slippery, turnîng rungs on the ladders of beds which despite the warning make it very unsafe, I fell down twice as the rungs twist whilst ur standing on them. Staff otherwise helpful. Met some nice prople, enjoyed my stay overall.

The location of the hostel is just the office, it's actually a series of rooms all over the city. We booked a twin with shared bathroom which was a 5 minute walk from the office - still a good location, but a bit disappointing that it wasn't where we thought. Room was fine - clean and comfortable, but there are no common facilities, e.g. kitchen or common room, so not a good place if you want to meet fellow travellers, but fine for our one-night stay.

I really enjoyed my stay here, it's located in a very central location, right across the road from the markets and 5-10 minutes away from the port/train and bus stations! I felt very comfortable there and the staff were super helpful! Facilities and wifi worked great though there wasn't so much of a common room with the hostel. Enjoyed it anyway though!

As clearly stated, some of the rooms at this hostel are located in a big apartment block a 10 minute walk away from the main building. The main front door to the building did not lock and at one point we found the door to our own apartment left open! There was no communal area and just a computer and fridge in the corridor. Bathrooms weren't clean when we arrived and there were only 2 between all our rooms - not enough in the morning. It was not made clear how to contact staff during our stay.

My husband and I reserved a double room and got upgraded to a private double room studio with our own bathroom! The place is further than the rest of the hostel but still close to Old Town. The place was clean but very bare of cooking supplies. The fridge sits in a cabinet so you have to be very careful opening the fridge door without hurting your finger on the cabinet door or hinges. The towels are also a bit rough. Otherwise, the staff was friendly, professional, and our stay was excellent.

The hostel is fine. The room is clean and new, but they really could improve on small details. There's almost nowhere to put everyone's luggage. Very few beds have outlets. The lockers are small, so you can only lock up a day bag at most (and since most people weren't locking the door I wanted my whole bag stored somewhere). It just makes the stay sort of awkward and uncomfortable. Otherwise the location is very convenient to the bus/train/old city/grocery.

Compared to other hostels I've stayed at Hostel Split was so much cleaner and nicer. The staff were incredibly helpful as well.

• 14th Aug 2015

After staying in a disgusting hostel, this was like a 4 star hotel. It was extremely clean and comfortable. There was a kitchen shared between two rooms, and the bathroom was nice and big. The room was spacious for 4 people, and had a computer which is convenient. I would highly recommend staying here.

We were upgraded from an 8 bed dorm to a private room. Had an awesome stay! Perfect location near the port and the staff pointed out sights to see and places to eat etc. Would stay here again

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. We stayed in a double bed apartment. Close to main beaches and a short bus to the more secluded ones. The staff was immeasurably helpful with recommendations for restaurants and how to get around. Laundry service available(they even gave me detergent to do my whites since I didn't have enough clothing for the service) small kitchenette with fridge and essentials. Printed out bus tickets, close to bus, towels whenever we needed. Love love love!

Great location, friendly staff. though extremely average rooms considering the price we paid for a private from what we saw of the dorms, they looked a lot better. We had horrible people to share a bathroom with who left spew and other things to the state we couldn't use it.. But we can't fault the hostel for that, people can just be plain selfish and disgusting. Lucky the bathroom was cleaned each day.

Staff were really nice and gave you relevant info about split. Room was nice and modern. Was given own locker. Do not have own PowerPoint so had to share. Good wifi. Only tiny kitchen, no real common area or anywhere to sit, so hard to met people. Great location

Very average hostel, guests were friendly and good location but facilities weren't great. No locks on the toilet and shower door, no common room and generally very cramped with a small kitchen area between 2 room. They had a working computer which was useful. Bunk was also ridiculously low, I'm only small and I kept hitting my head.

The hostel was in the perfect location and the staff were really good at orienting us to the city. The apartment was a bit of a walk away from the main hostel although still close to all amenities.