Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Kneza Trpmira 1, Split, Croatia

DO NOT STAY HERE. we booked a private room with airconditioning. It was loud and completely ineffective. It was a portable air conditioner meaning you had to leave the window open for it to work. And even so it only blasted out warm/room temperature aiR. Neither me nor my friend slept at all. To top it all off in the morning the shower was disgusting - a rim of dirt and no hot water. Also no toilet paper. Stay at room stambucrooms! Or split backpackers hostel!!!!

Dear guest, We take your complaint seriously and yes, unfortunately, all mentioned above is true. AC did not work, we apologies for that, and we regret that you did not report that during your stay, so we could do something about it. We can only imagine how hard was for you without an ac. Regarding bathroom, since it`s a shared one, we can not control if other guests,accidentally turn off the water heater. And, yes, Stambuck rooms is a an excellent choice.

It was beyond my expectations

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Extremely rude staff, dirty rooms that stunk. Had to pay to leave our bags completely unsecured in the reception area. After I left I realised a the contents of half of my bag was missing and contacted the hostel to assist me with writing a report for my travel insurance claim to which they denied. Please do not stay here if you don't like to feel ripped off and extremely disappointed.

We booked a private double room with shared bathroom, but received a free upgrade to a small apartment with kitchen and toilet attached, which was great value. It was a 3-5 min walk from reception. Upon arrival, we had a really detailed introduction on the attractions around Split, which helped in planning our trip. We were then guided along our walk to our apartment by a staff who seemed to be in a rush, and walked really quickly. Air-conditioning and wifi was excellent at the apartment.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Aircon didn't work - bathroom was crowded all the time Staff were rude and cleaners woke us up

• 12th Jul 2015

Stayed in a privat dorm. Clean appartment with good location. Appartment some few minutes away from the hostelbuilding.

Right in the center, near the harbor. The facilities were really nice and cleaned frequently. Staff were super helpful and let me leave my luggage early. This is a great hostel. Would stay again.

So accomodating , so pleasant and clean , it the centre of everything , perfect place if attending Ultra Music Festival or just visiting spilt

• 8th Jul 2015

Everything was great minus the bathroom floor flooding. It kinda smelled from that but other than that the location was amazing staff was great and no other complaints! Great location!

Such helpful staff and awesome central location. Right around the corner from the bus stop and about 2 minutes from night markets. If I go back I would 100% stay here again.

Best hostel I have stayed in. We stayed in a private apartment and it was so nice. Fully equipped kitchen was great, too. Absolutely great place to stay.

Too business like, no atmosphere. Room is literally just off the street, so when you walk in you can see into the dorm. Some people didn't shut door behind them so it felt very unsafe at times. Room is clean but the place has zero atmosphere. Staff are nice but information they gave us was wrong. Would only stay here again if you are going to be taking ferry/train/bus and need somewhere close to port.

the staff were great, we flew into Split late at night so by the time we got to the hostel the staff were waiting out the front for us and showed us to our room. The room was clean and nice enough and we had to share a bathroom but they seemed quite clean. The real downfall was that it felt like we were staying in their apartment. There was only another 2 rooms so it was really quiet so we didn't feel like we couldn't go out to have a look around Split as opening and shutting doors was too loud.

We were so happy with the Apartment allocated to us through Hostel Split. They were efficient and easy to deal with

• 27th Jun 2015

This was a great place to stay! We got upgraded to a private room however, I wish we stayed in a dorm to meet more people and socialize. Moreover, the facility was very clean and the staff was very helpful and very nice

Great hostel. Not much in terms of common areas but they have a dinner out every night so you meet lots of people. Great staff. Very accommodating. Nice bathrooms but no kitchen. Great time thanks guys :)

my girlfriend and I had a full apartment (private) with our own bathroom/shower/kitchen/tv's/washing amchine. This hostel was super clean and everyone there was extremely friendly with us.

Location was amazing, but no common area, just two dorm rooms with a kitchenette between. Fine for me though as I was only there for one night before my Sail Croatia and it was a 2 minute walk to the boat from there. Staff were friendly, except for the cleaner. Check out was at 10am and at 9:55 she came in and said "hurry up" to us all and repeatedly told me to hurry up when she came in cleaning at 10 past. When i told the receptionist though she was lovely and apologized and let me back in.

This is a great place to stay in Split, very nice rooms: big space, independent and clean. I was in a 4-bed room and had a private bathroom and kitchen. Location is excellent, just a minute to old town and very close to train/bus/ferry stations. I would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful and friendly staff. Apartment was clean and ideally located!

• 12th Jun 2015