Hostel Star Light Reviews

Via Cairoli 115, Rome, Italy

Some good positives include washing line and balcony. Close to some hidden gems but a little way from main tourist attractions. Good security flawed slightly as returned to find room door left open after cleaning, despite definitely leaving it locked. Two extra locked external doors. Bedding wasn't the cleanest, but staff generally friendly.

Near Termini Central station, clean and quiet!

Awesome staff that helped out with any questions I had about the city. Right next to the train and metro.

First of all there was no wifi facility at all while I asked he said me to use email in his computer..I can not do my personal stuff on others computer and I could not ring anyone via internet telephony. Breakfast was not good only low quality juice and bread. In the first day while I was filling up papers and enter in into a room following him, he said 'this is my private room' there was no reception indeed. How can I understand.The location was good , a bit scary during night but its ok.

The hostel was on the very top floor of a large building - a lot of steps to get there. The area seemed a bit unsafe, being 2 young girls we were nervous walking here. Once we got into our room it had an odd smell and reeked of cigarette smoke even though it said there was no smoking allowed. There was a random closet in the room with a broken mirror and the door was locked which made us feel a bit uneasy.

• 17th May 2014

To clean the room. It wasn't the case when we arrive. To prepare and serve brekfast because it was normally included in the priceb but we never had it! The responsable was sleeping in the morning instead of doing it. To ask clients to shut up late in the evening and during the night. It was very nosy and impossible to sleep!!! To change the doors cause they were very noisy when we opened it (bedrooms and bathrooms).

Situated near(ish) to Termini, though not in the nicest of areas. About a forty minute walk to all the main attractions, and one that doesn't feel too safe at night. When we arrived (in the middle of the day), our rooms were not ready and the bathroom was filthy. The beds were uncomfortable and the entire hostel had a general air of unpleasantness about it. Luckily we were only here one night - needless to say I couldn't have left the place sooner. Yes it was cheap, but it lacked basic standards