Hostel Stara Polana Reviews

Nowotarska 59 Street, Zakopane, Poland

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff is.what made.it so great! Close.to.attractions and clean. Thank you!

• 10th Apr 2014

From the bus station, turn LEFT down Chramcówki to avoid wondering around the mapless, streetnameless Zakopane town. Take furgons out to the mountains for hiking.

Firstly the staff didn't even know that we had booked our room through hostel world, then tried to charge us extra for the room plus they charged us tax ontop of the price we were have by hostel world. The could have shown us around when we arrived , they didn't even tell us where the toilet or kitchen were located I would never stay in this hostel again it was terrible

excellent value for money. very friendly and helpful staff. well situated for access to the ski slopes by car. short walk to the bus station for buses or taxis to the mountain for skiing or hiking. breakfast included. rooms basic but equipped with everything you could possibly need and nice and warm. close to shops, ski hire shop and excellent local restaurants.

• 27th Dec 2013

I can confirm all the complaints, I would say too that the receptionists aren't very welcoming, silent, absent (mentally or physically) not helpful.. I am sorry I have to say this, I better stop making this sound way worse. What's so wrong about cracking a smile or just simply say a modest hello?? But what I have understood is that they are working overtime. Other than that, nice classic wooden Zakopanian hostel experience.

The hostel is a really nice, clean log cabin. It's well decorated inside and very clean. It's close to the station about a 10 minute walk to the Main Street and it takes about an hour to walk to the cable car (which is definitely worth going up for the spectacular views even of you don't ski). The kitchen has everything you could want and the free breakfast is great. I would definitely recommend staying here.

very nice hostel close to the center of Zakopane, good facilities! recommended! nice wooden chalet, nice interior, good kitchen facilities, refridgerator, helpful staff! will be back!

Very nice and Zakopane style hostel

The hostel has a very nice atmosphere! The staff are really kind and helpful, instead of their level of English is a bit poor (if comparing with many other hostels I've been).. They serve a very good breakfast (with a delicious ham!!) from 7am to 11am, which fulfill for the long walking distances during the day. They've only two bathrooms not that good, but very clean and somehow we didn't have big problems with lines to take shower.. I def indicate this hostel!!

Very nice people, excelent breakfast, and really cute hostel. Good value for money indeed.