Hostel Stara Polana Reviews

Nowotarska 59 Street, Zakopane, Poland

Please be aware that this hostel has not been up-dated since the 1984 and cleaned maybe a few times since then. No wifi, only in the reception. Hospital bed sheets (look for red stamps), actually I should say: holes and net of cotton fiber that used to be a bed sheet in 1984 but still in use. Beds that hurt your back. This facility is run by the Technical University in Crakow. I think that homeless sleep better. I have stayed in much nicer places for the same money and in cities like Rome

It has been really especial to be hosted in an absolutely wooden house, a nice pleasure. Most of houses in Zakopane seem like that. Very nice. The hostel is very nice inside, nice breakfast included, and very quiet, something important.

The bed was comfortable, however I think the bath towel I was given was from the 90's. :-/

It´s a very cosy hostel, with a great value of price, including breakfast. It´s a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, the kitchen is well equiped for a nice cooking evening. Very central. Would have wish to get some more valued information for nice hiking paths in the region, but staff was pretty "shy" about that. But obviously it´s not an information centre :P

Hostel is nice. Beds were uncomfortable.

Such a fantastic hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the hostel itself is beautiful and has plenty of space. Lovely kitchen area with everything you could need to cook and a great breakfast. 5 minutes from the bus station and about 10 minutes to the high street.

This place is amazing! It's just like living in a chalet. The kitchen is nice and breakfast(included) is yummy. Close to the train/bus station. Two nice patios to relax on after a long day of hiking (or skiing). Loved it here!

Such a lovely hostel! A bit far from the main center (around 15 min walk) but the hostel make it worth it. Nicest workers, clean rooms, great view of the mountains. Totally recommend!

A friendly, cosy hostel located a short walk from Zakopane's main street and bus station.

the lady at the front desk was extremly rude i asked her what are some popular places to go in the area and she told me to "find a tourist informatin center and ask" also she didnt want to show me the facilities and would walk away if i tried speaking to her. but the other receptionist was nice. it kind of ruined my enthusiams for the place.

Housed in an interesting Zakopane style building.This is clean, competently run hostel with pleasant, hard working staff.Well located for most facilities.

Dated but charming. Very clean and attentive staff. Location a short walk to Krupowki and the bus station. Quiet off the main road. Large and well equiped Kitchen. Recommended for those who want a taste of a grand old Polish mountain residence.

Great facilities and location with foosball table and all. Helpful staff. Wonderful overall.

I loved this hostel! Beautiful from the outside, and in the inside as well. Everything was very clean, and they had all the facilities you need when you're travelling, such as wifi, several kind of books, comfy couches and TV, computer, and so on. The provide breakfast as well, and an awesome one by the way.

Incredibly well strcutured Hostel. Amazing kitchen with more than everything u need, good bathrooms and nice rooms with great views of the Tatras mountains. Staff was really polite and helpful whenever we needed, so good reasons to recomend and be glad we stayed there!

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff is.what made.it so great! Close.to.attractions and clean. Thank you!

• 10th Apr 2014

From the bus station, turn LEFT down Chramcówki to avoid wondering around the mapless, streetnameless Zakopane town. Take furgons out to the mountains for hiking.

Friendly and laid back, this hostel offered a great respite in-between skiing.

Firstly the staff didn't even know that we had booked our room through hostel world, then tried to charge us extra for the room plus they charged us tax ontop of the price we were have by hostel world. The could have shown us around when we arrived , they didn't even tell us where the toilet or kitchen were located I would never stay in this hostel again it was terrible

excellent value for money. very friendly and helpful staff. well situated for access to the ski slopes by car. short walk to the bus station for buses or taxis to the mountain for skiing or hiking. breakfast included. rooms basic but equipped with everything you could possibly need and nice and warm. close to shops, ski hire shop and excellent local restaurants.

• 27th Dec 2013