Hostel Stara Polana Reviews

Nowotarska 59 Street, Zakopane, Poland

the wifi was not working at all

Wonderful hostel and amazing stuff!

This is a lovely and very calm hostel a 20-minute walk away from the main tourist area. I was surprises by the long walk to the main street, since Zakopane is such a small town, but in the end I was glad that I had some space away from all the tourist activity. I was there during low-season (November), though. The staff were generally pleasant, if a bit curt. My favorite part was definitely the large bathtub - I took a long, hot bath, perfect after a day in the mountains!

Pretty good place to stay. A pretty good walk from the main street of town, but not too bad. Good breakfast. Uncomfortable beds.

• 27th Sep 2015

I had a nice stay in Stara Polana Hostel. I liked this atmosphere.. I would book there again!

very friendly helpful staff speaking sufficient English very clean close to bus train stations

To 10minutes from both the bus and the train station and to 15 from the commercial street, this hostel is located in a wooden villa which is very beautiful. It is clean and for a great price you can sleep in a private room having breakfast included. It has a TV room and a well equipped kitchen. It is very quiet and the staff is very kind. An amazing value for money in the beautiful Zakopane.

The hostel is a good base and location to see the Tatra Moutnains from, but the facilities are not great. The wifi was often slow and the guest computer was far too slow to use! Also there is only one key for each dorm,so usually the bedrooms are unlocked. But there are lockers so it is not too bad.

Good stay, the girls at the reception could smile a little bit more, but they were helpful with advise of direction. Very tasty breakfast. My only worry was that the room was always open and in this room are the lockers where everyone can come in and out.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Poland

The building is beautiful in the Zakopane style, the staff is nice and friendly. For cheap money a good recommendation!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Very nice Hostel. Good breakfast. Close to bus and train station, A little walk to the city center, but I like it better this way. Had a good time!

Beautiful traditional mountain house. A slice of authentic local culture in comfort!

Awesome hostel, I only stayed one night on my way to Slovakia but I would've stayed longer if I could. Really chilled out, small hostel so it was easy to meet other travellers

We stayed two nights in this hostel - we were happy with the first night but the last night we had after hiking in the tatra mts was terrible because we didn't receive the room we had put a deposit on - we were changed to another small room in an attic. Perhaps if we didn't book a room formally we would understand but we found this unacceptable.

Absolutely gorgeous place! Probably the cutest hostel i've ever stayed in, and very comfortable - and cheap! I would definitely recommend it.

The hostel is constructed in the distinctive local style, resulting in lots of stairs to the rooms on various levels. Fairly central to train and bus. Interesting to stay there for a few days.

Not Warsaw or Krakow - this is the wonderful laid back mountain region of Zakopane. The hostel was built in 1905 w wonderful pine paneling and wood details. The only reason I gave staff "good" was that they couldn't communicate in English perfectly - no maps in English and sometimes they gave vague directions which could be simple if they supplied English brochures. Not complaining - they were all very nice. The computer w/internet wasn't working but they gave us access to the reception computer

Outstanding value. Really helpful staff. Cool building. Not the most comfortable bed but you can't complain at this price.

To turn on the heater

They need to pay attention to the quality of beds

• 1st Apr 2015