Hostel Stara Polana Reviews

Nowotarska 59 Street, Zakopane, Poland

Such a lovely hostel! A bit far from the main center (around 15 min walk) but the hostel make it worth it. Nicest workers, clean rooms, great view of the mountains. Totally recommend!

A friendly, cosy hostel located a short walk from Zakopane's main street and bus station.

the lady at the front desk was extremly rude i asked her what are some popular places to go in the area and she told me to "find a tourist informatin center and ask" also she didnt want to show me the facilities and would walk away if i tried speaking to her. but the other receptionist was nice. it kind of ruined my enthusiams for the place.

Housed in an interesting Zakopane style building.This is clean, competently run hostel with pleasant, hard working staff.Well located for most facilities.

Dated but charming. Very clean and attentive staff. Location a short walk to Krupowki and the bus station. Quiet off the main road. Large and well equiped Kitchen. Recommended for those who want a taste of a grand old Polish mountain residence.

Great facilities and location with foosball table and all. Helpful staff. Wonderful overall.

I loved this hostel! Beautiful from the outside, and in the inside as well. Everything was very clean, and they had all the facilities you need when you're travelling, such as wifi, several kind of books, comfy couches and TV, computer, and so on. The provide breakfast as well, and an awesome one by the way.

Incredibly well strcutured Hostel. Amazing kitchen with more than everything u need, good bathrooms and nice rooms with great views of the Tatras mountains. Staff was really polite and helpful whenever we needed, so good reasons to recomend and be glad we stayed there!

I really enjoyed my stay and the staff is.what made.it so great! Close.to.attractions and clean. Thank you!

• 10th Apr 2014

From the bus station, turn LEFT down Chramcówki to avoid wondering around the mapless, streetnameless Zakopane town. Take furgons out to the mountains for hiking.

Friendly and laid back, this hostel offered a great respite in-between skiing.

Firstly the staff didn't even know that we had booked our room through hostel world, then tried to charge us extra for the room plus they charged us tax ontop of the price we were have by hostel world. The could have shown us around when we arrived , they didn't even tell us where the toilet or kitchen were located I would never stay in this hostel again it was terrible

excellent value for money. very friendly and helpful staff. well situated for access to the ski slopes by car. short walk to the bus station for buses or taxis to the mountain for skiing or hiking. breakfast included. rooms basic but equipped with everything you could possibly need and nice and warm. close to shops, ski hire shop and excellent local restaurants.

• 27th Dec 2013

I can confirm all the complaints, I would say too that the receptionists aren't very welcoming, silent, absent (mentally or physically) not helpful.. I am sorry I have to say this, I better stop making this sound way worse. What's so wrong about cracking a smile or just simply say a modest hello?? But what I have understood is that they are working overtime. Other than that, nice classic wooden Zakopanian hostel experience.

The hostel is a really nice, clean log cabin. It's well decorated inside and very clean. It's close to the station about a 10 minute walk to the Main Street and it takes about an hour to walk to the cable car (which is definitely worth going up for the spectacular views even of you don't ski). The kitchen has everything you could want and the free breakfast is great. I would definitely recommend staying here.

very nice hostel close to the center of Zakopane, good facilities! recommended! nice wooden chalet, nice interior, good kitchen facilities, refridgerator, helpful staff! will be back!

Very nice and Zakopane style hostel

The hostel has a very nice atmosphere! The staff are really kind and helpful, instead of their level of English is a bit poor (if comparing with many other hostels I've been).. They serve a very good breakfast (with a delicious ham!!) from 7am to 11am, which fulfill for the long walking distances during the day. They've only two bathrooms not that good, but very clean and somehow we didn't have big problems with lines to take shower.. I def indicate this hostel!!

Very nice people, excelent breakfast, and really cute hostel. Good value for money indeed.

The most beautiful hostel I have ever stayed at. The wooden villa is simply gorgeous. The atmosphere is great, the room are clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast get an A+ for being cutely set up as well as yummy. Definitely one of my favorite hostel stays during my trip around Europe. The staff were really helpful as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7