Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

Hostel Strowis makes you feel at home. They greet you with a cup of coffee when you check in. The people that work there truely care about their jobs and will go out of their way to make your experience positive. The location is prime in the middle of Utrecht, close to the Dom tower. The only downside is the atmosphere in the hostel is kind of weird, it has a very quiet hipster vibe which is hard to meet people in. Would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, really fun, nice common area and good useable kitchen. Really helpful staff, and goof rooms, although bathroom showers are ones like in swimming pools, but they have good pressure and you get used to them! really relaxed and lovely, definitely recommend you stay there! I was in three bed girls dorm and it was good!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The directions from the bus station is very clear. I found the hostel without any problem. The location is great just right in the old town. The kitchen is also well equipped. The staff are all very helpful. Would recommend to any one who fine to Utrecht to stay here.

Living up to the reputation of friendly Dutch hospitality, great common area and facilities as well as a welcome drink on arrival.

The walls were pretty thin, so you didn't just hear the people in your room but also from the room next door. Its quite central and the garden is nice. An average hostel basically, nothing was especially good or bad.

Very friendly staff and everything we needed. Bathrooms were wonderfully clean and the location was perfect. Thank you for a lovely stay!

All in all a great hostel! Well kept, well organised with great staff and a great garden! Located in a fantastic area of Utecht close to everything you will want to see and all the shops you will need. The larger dorms do not have lockers inside them or enough plug sockets which was a bit of a problem but did not detract from anything overall! Very calm and quiet for the most part. A really lovely place!

My friend and i stayed there for 3 days and wished we could stay more. Staff were very helpful and they have natural cosy garden where you can relax and have a nice conversation with others. The rooms are really authentic. If you are going to Utrecht, i recommend everyone to stay there :)

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Really nice old building. Good showers, comfy bed, spacious room, quiet street. The kitchen is closed too early with no sense. There was not a hostel atmosphere, everybody was stucked with their computers. WiFi works great, the room and hostel was clean. They have huge lockers downstairs. Very nice neighborhood and street. It's a little bit far from the train station if you go with a backpack. The directions to get to the hostel were excellent. I'd choose again this hostel.

Really nice hostel, they have great space for relaxing inside and outside. The guy was super nice, giving us tea and coffee when we arrived. Rooms okay (lockers in basement) and bathrooms and showers great. Average age of the guests was quite a bit older compared to other hostels we had stayed in.

A nice, clean hostel right in the middle of the city. All basics covered. The only thing I did not like is that the main area is set up as a closed Cafe, with tables and chairs and an uncomfortable couch. There is very little friendly atmosphere in that area as it feels like a library. The garden is fantastic though. Don't come here if you're looking for a party hostel.

Cool hostel located within a hip area of Utrecht. Staff are really laid back. Only downside is that your bag locker is located outside of your room down in the basement.

most excellent 11 out of 10 did not want 2 leave Utrecht is wonderful

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Wales

I really liked this place. The staff was friendly and the common area actually was comfortable. I met a lot of really interesting people from all over the globe. We talked, went out for some beers, played guitar, it was rad. Next time I'm in Utrecht I'm staying here again. Only complaint is the beds are really small and the top bunks have no guard rails, but you can ask for a bottom bed if you want.

Relaxed staff and nice garden. Location is brilliant.

Great location and nice backpackers hostel. Everyone was friendly and chatty. Nice to be welcomed with a drink and a chair during check in! Also good to have hand towels in the bathrooms and get free bath towels. The garden is also very pretty and a quiet place to sit and the wifi works in the bedroom. V near to main attractions too.

Awesome hostel, awesome ciy !

• 11th Jun 2015

Nice hostel with a lovely garden. Had to wait 5 minutea at check-in and they offered me a coffee. I didn't like the small beds and that the lockers are downstairs. Also there was no place to put your stuff next to the bed or a electricity outlet to charge the phone. Breakfast is 6 Euros and worth it, especially if you drink a lot of coffee in the morning. I can recommend it.

The relatively low score on staff is due to a difference in the very brief encounters I had in my short stay: One of the staff came across as absolutely excellent. The second morning I had to catch a bus 8:25 I think it was - and when I came down at 8:00 there was neither breakfast nor staff, but several other guests waiting. When this other person arrived and I asked for the breakfast, instead of getting the breakfast on the table, he started checking out whether I had actually ordered.

The best in Utrecht