Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

What a lovely hostel! Friendly staff, a beautiful little garden in the backyard, nice breakfast options and clean rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here - if I come back to Utrecht I definitely come back to this hostel again.

• 10th Sep 2014

Awesome breakfast :D

Nice Hostel, right in the center of Utrecht. Good common area and garden, helpful staff. Would definately stay there again.

I stayed 6 nights at the hostel. The staff is remarkably nice and extremely helpful. The hostel location is perfect for visiting the old town. The only inconvenience was the "not so comfortable" bed.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great location, 10 minutes by waltk to the train station and city centre. Breakfast to be paid, good and abundant.

The hostel has a great common area and good facilities. Clean and well located. I thought the breakfast was a bit expensive for what they had to offer, eggs and butter finished half way through...so just bread cheese and coffee.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

nice hostel, clean enough. close to the city centre.

The doors and the floor were really noisy. Apart from that, everything else was excellent considered the money I paid. Value for money!!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Greece

A lovely hostel with a very homelike atmosphere especially in the downstairs lobby/dining room. The hostel is equipped with a communal kitchen and guest fridge and offers breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly and pretty much the only minus was the uncomfortable upper bunks in the dorms. There was a bit too little space between the bed and the ceiling especially when there was no proper air conditioning in the room.

l love the backyard... You could relax and chill out... reading or meet people who are staying at the hostel... At the evening its a lil bit boring with relaxing music... wish there would have been more action in the hoste at night, because in the city during the week wasnt much going on either at night...

Excellent staff and great atmosphere in Strowis - only the bathroom's cleanliness could be improved. You also might feel a little insecure on top of those beds. Nevertheless we had a nice stay.

cute hostel. recommended!

could be nice a beter breakfast attention for example add a buffet

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Spain

We have missed the toilet in our room, but only one toilet was working on the second floor.

a cheap alternative to Amsterdam though the commute made it as expensive as staying in Amsterdam. I though it was worth it because utrecht was beautiful and the hostel has a great vibe. the bathrooms were clean, and it has a great garden courtyard out the back as well as a decent looking but small kitchen. staff were helpful when i checked in late at night. the larger mixed dorm got hot despite having windows.

The staff was helpful. I didn't want to sleep in an upper bed and they made sure I wouldn't. Shower sucks, you can't even regulate the temperature, so sometimes it was too cold, sometimes too hot. You would also need to keep pressing the button for activating the water again. Traveling alone I wouldn't recommend the hostel. Barely any backpackers who would be open to meet others. Security low. You could go to the reception and ask for any room key - also if you don't stay in that room.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I arrived during a heatwave and there was no a/c so my room was really hot and hard to sleep in. When it cooled down though it was fine. Might want to add some fans to the rooms, Strowis. otherwise it was a great hostel with friendly staff and in a great part of Utrecht.

I needed a place to sleep that wasn't too far away from everything in Utrecht, and Strowis was a great choice. Friendly staff, decent bed and central location made it both easy to check out Utrecht and to visit a friend in Amsterdam.

I book on hostel world this hostle more expensive 10% I don't know why? It never happen.

Great hostel, lovely staff, awesome breakfast :D Somewhat pricey but then maybe that's just Utrecht/Holland, I don't really have a frame of reference. Over all I'm really happy with my stay :)