Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

I loved this hostel and actually ended up staying an extra night. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm which is really large, beds are spaced out enough and the room is light and airy with plenty of space. The hostel is laid out really well, they don't have a comfortable lounge, but the garden is gorgeous and groups often sat out there drinking and smoking till late. The kitchen is well equipped and there are lockers, with charging points which was very useful.

Lovely hostel and well situated, quite close to the Utrech central station and the center area. The staff is really nice and they make a great effort to keep the hostel perfect. The hostel main areas are beautiful: living room with books and board games, nice garden, kitchen with everything to cook! Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

Friendly staff. Fair price. Clean rooms and facilities. The small courtyard is so beautiful, as is the common room. The fridge and cupboard are very useful and the kitchen has everything you need to cook a good meal. The location is as good as it gets, Utrecht is a small town and the Strowis is right at the heart of it. It was just perfect!

Poor WiFi!!!!!!!!

• 13th Apr 2015

There was not enough furniture in the rooms.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The staff are nice and friendly. I stayed in a 16-bed mixed dorm so I expected the constant noise, but to be fair, every one was respectful of the other guests who are staying. I would've preferred that the lockers be inside the room though. It's a hassle going up and down to get your things. The shower rooms and the toilets are clean and spacious. The kitchen was also clean and it had everything I needed. However, I wished the wifi reached the rooms on the upper floors. Breaksfast was expensive

wonderful staff..

• 6th Mar 2015

Won't stay there again

The breakfast is not free, the cost is 6 €, but the kitchen is well equipped. The lockers are in the basement instead of the room, a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. There is a cozy living room but hard to find plugs. Good position, there are two supermarkets and places to eat cheap.

The Strowis is an excellent Hostel! With a cozy atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay there. Joost, member of the staff, helped me with everything I requested. Other members of the staff are a little bit laconic, but they are also very solicitous. The kitchen is well equipped, the beds are comfortable and the showers work well (the hot water takes a few seconds to get out, but that's not a problem). My only complaint: the internet. For one day, I could not access it. Other people also complained.

Staffs are really nice here! I leave my luggage here after check out for free. They have a locked room to store baggages, so it's pretty safe. And when I arrived, I was very lucky to be informed that I could change to a better female dorm with the same price! The kitchen is good enough. Also there is a beautiful garden for free use.

Do not stay here! The atmosphere is terrible, you can't enter the kitchen at all hours to make food, the rooms are small and dirty and you can't shut the windows, which means you can here everyone making noise in the street. I definitely do not recommend this place.

An average hostel. Hard to find plugs. But staff was kind enough to give me a welcome free coffee. 15 min walking from the central station, but really close to the center of the city.

It was a pleasant stay at the hostel. They had a nice cafe style area downstairs with lots of wood and table. Free locker service was available downstairs for free (with a 10 Euro deposit). The staff was very accommodating, addressing any needs. There was a kitchen and fridge onsite, allowing guests to cook their own food and also drink. Rules were fair, no eating in the room, there was not a curfew, however people were respectful in terms of noise.

• 17th Jan 2015

It is located in a nice place, on a quiet small street in the city center. There is a big shop to buy food just 100 meters away (on Voorstraat, works till 22.00, also on Sunday). Everything in the city center is available within 5-10 min walk. The hostel is simple, comfortable, and the personell is friendly. It seems it is not overcrowded with people, I stayed two nights and had just one more guest in my room. There was no noise in the room. It was definitely a positive experience to stay there.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Belarus

Great staff, welcoming drink and helpful staying after check out for planning the next steps. Thank you!

• 9th Jan 2015

Maybe make the numbers on the beds glow in the dark and large because there were people stealing other peoples beds at all hours of the morning and it woke us up a lot (they were trying to work out who was where at 1:47am). it happened 3 times in one night - last night. I know it will probably happen either way but just thought i would suggest that because we didn't sleep very well due to the confusion.

I was the only girl in the dorm and one of the employees kindly asked if I felt comfortable or if I'd like to switch rooms. I was completely fine in the room I was in but I thought that was a very nice gesture. Really says something about the staff!

Best Hostel in town. Loved the atmosphere and the guys working there.

Had a nice time here, and would definitely go back. It was a bit weird that the lockers are in the basement instead of the room but the staff was really nice, location great and the cafe on the ground level very pleasant.