Hostel Strowis

8.7
Fabulous 868 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. On arrival the host was finishing his meal so he gave us a free pot of tea which I really appreciated! The vibe here is relaxing and feels as though you're staying at your Aunty or Uncles house so it's really chill. Location is great and the kitchen was handy. The downside was the showers as I hate the press button showers, but that's just me. Its a cool and quirky hostel and if you have good roommates like I did, you'll have a great time!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
29th Jan 2017

Security storage lockers were in the basement, so you couldn't really easily get to it from your top or second floor if needed. Had small push button showers, which was frustrating as hell to shower with, sometimes the water would go impossibly hot for a minute or two before it cooled down again. Staff were great and friendly and also helpful. Nice facilities, besides there only being one toilet each floor. Nice garden terrace to smoke on. Quite nice during the low season.

4th Jan 2017
8.0

Very nice hostel!!!Go for it!!! Good stuff: - fine showers; - nice wifi; - friendly staff; - good space in the rooms; - well located. Weak points: - small toillet; - no free breakfast.

14th Dec 2016
5.7

Good location, but being an old building the acoustics weren’t great so a bit of noise at night. Bed extremely uncomfortable, one of the worst I have experienced. Has a common room but quiet due possibly to the time of my stay, Stayed in a 6 bed dorm which had no light per bed or electric socket. Overall, would choose alternative accommodation next time.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
14th Dec 2016
7.4

We were in a 16 beds room. It was large enough but unfortunately there was only one bathroom for the floor. The cleanliness can be improved. The staff was really polite and friendly. We also rent bikes ( 7 € per day).

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

I stayed for one night in this loverly hostel in a mixed dorm, it was great! Notice, that I didn't use the kitchen, thus I can't say anything about that. Great value for the money!

25th Nov 2016

The staff here are great. Offered me free cappuccinos and responded well to questions I had about the city. Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying here.

22nd Nov 2016

Just a dorm. There's a common room, but not a lot happens there. Beds are awful. Location is quite good.

18th Nov 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights in the 14 bed. A pleasant hostel with a nice common area. It's a 17th century building and feels that way. The room was good - though nothing over the top. They have a decent kitchen. Staff was friendly and made me a nice cup of hot chocolate when I got there. The hostel is 15 min walking from Utrecht Centraal Station. We did love Utrecht a lot!

18th Nov 2016

Great place to stay, staff was wonderful