Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

Very friendly place. They have two guitars, a banjo, and a mandolin in the common area. Breakfast was good too.

Great central location, nice atmosphere. The guy working when we checked in was really friendly and talkative, and made us laugh. They have music some nights I guess- unfortunately we were only around one night so missed it. Locker space is in the basement (could be inconvenient for some) and the biggest room (sleeps16) can get muggy. Breakfast buffet of breads, fruit, coffee etc. is steep for 6€ unless you have a really big appetite though. Above all I give their mantelpieces a 10/10 ;).

Amazing place, beautiful building, super cool people recommend 100%. They have a good generous 6euro breakfast which is optional and they close the hang out spot like at 1am so you cant stay all night reading or anything, on friday night they actually said 'bed time' and sent everyone to sleep. Overall it's one of the best hostels in the country just not a party hostel

This hostel has wonderful staff and a lovely location. That being said, given the price for the four person room I would have hoped for there to be space to store my luggage or PowerPoints on the top bunks.

Amazing property and crew, wish them all the best.

Hey guys! Cosy nice lounge, chill out and breaktfast area. Good location, Wifi for free and quite clean. But awful bunkbeds, awful pillows, no reading lights, no sockets or clothes hooks in the big dorm. So I would not recommend staying at the 16-18 bed dorm. And unfortunately very very thin walls! - so because of a Dutch party group being quite loud, I got not that much sleep.

I had an excellent stay. The hostel is in a beautiful old building. The common room is really nice. I only stayed one night and was in town for a gig, so I didn't spend much time at the hostel. The lockers are a bit out of the way, but they are free (you pay a deposit which you get back). Only minus point: The pillows are too bulky. I used a duvet from an unoccupied bed instead.

Its a great quiet hostel, super friendly staff and perfectly located. They have a great walking guide through utrecht. The lockers are on de floor -1 wich is a bit unconfortable

That's how every hostel should be. Friendly will always help you and a place full of activities will help make friends as well.

• 28th Dec 2015

A great place, not a party hostel but they do have live music on Sunday's which is always fun. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Great location, very laid back

• 3rd Dec 2015

Nice hostel in a great location in Utrecht but not too noisy (even though I was in a room that faced out on the street). My only negative comment would be the breakfast — it was advertised as a breakfast buffet but it was pretty subpar in comparison to other hostels I've been in even in the Netherlands which were free and this one cost €6. Nice place to stay, but don't bother with the breakfast.

Cool hostel in the center of Utrecht. Nice garden and common area. Friendly staff and free map provided with good tips and local adress. Recommended if you stay in Utrecht.

The staff was friendly and food from cafeteria also was lovely. Everyone staying at hostel was decent and polite so that I could enjoy my time there. The facility was old and shower room was inconvenient though. But I recoomend this hostel for good location, people and price.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

This was a great hostel. Clean rooms, bathroom, kitchen. Laid back common area that feels like a cafe or bar w food for sale, coffee, and beer. Lockers available in the basement level. Common areas were a bit quiet so wasn't the best place to meet other travelers, but a relaxing place in a great location. Very close to many restaurants, bars and attractions in Utrecht.

Cute hostel with very nice staff. Very cozy beds!

Great hostel, great breakfast, great staff.

Good location, quite expensive, no lockers in room and friendly staff. Before you enter any rooms you must go through the bathrooms, which is kinda weird.

Strowis was a great base from which to explore a great city. It has a laid-back atmosphere and a well-equipped kitchen. Would definitely recommend.

Great place to relax, close to the city and a supermarket. I had a very nice stay here