Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

Breakfast is great value for money. Staff is experienced, dedicated and friendly. The hostel goes out o its way to provide a cood stay at minimum cost. The only thing I missed was soap in the showers.

The hostel is great value for money for what it offers. Really nice staff!

Everything was great about the hostel except for the extremely rude staff member on the Sunday afternoon when I went to pick my bag up from storage. I appreciate that they may have had a difficult weekend from people staying for ASOT but this women spoke to me in the most degrading way like I was an imbecile when I had been perfectly polite to her.

Strowis Hostel in Utrecht was a really good choice for me. I think that it was one of the best hostels where I´ve ever stayed. Staff was friendly and very polite, also I enjoyed breakfast. Bathroom and showers were really clean, I totally want to recommend! 5 stars hostel :) ...

It was an alright hostel. I liked the cup of tea on arrival and cheerful colours that the whole hostel is painted in. However wasn't so keen on the extra linen charge and that the top bunk beds didn't have side rails. I was afraid I'd fall out in my sleep!

The hostel location is just perfect. They have a nice lounge area, the rooms and the bathrooms were excellent. I have one BIG complain. The hostel has a curfew, they close at 2am or 3am (depends on the day) and just reopens at 8am. You have a code to open the front door, I don't get why don't make this code work during this hours. What's the difficulty? Why a curfew in a student/university city? Lots a people who is going to Utrecht is going to visit a friend that study there and also to party!!

I have been in many hostels in different countries but this is definitely one of the best I've been to (if not the best). It's in a very nice location, the rooms are big, the bathrooms are many and clean, it has free wifi, a nice kitchen, a nice common room and the staff is very friendly. The perfect choice in Utrecht, I will come back for sure! Regarding the curfew hour, that I saw many people complaining, if you talk with the staff they will find a solution.

The location is great and within walking distance from the train station and the city centre. The staff was friendly and I got a free coffee upon arrival. The common area is very cosy and a nice place to simply hang around, listen to the chillout music and order a drink. In comparison, the rooms are rather simple. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was alright, although it could use some reading lamps and storage. The bathrooms were also simple but clean. Altogether, I enjoyed my stay.

The hostel was fine. It has a curfew which is hard if you want to go out and it has push button short showers. Breakfast was also 6 euro and you have to pay extra for sheets(?!). Bunks also are free standing and do not have rails. However, the whole hostel was very clean and in a great location so was perfect for a short stay :)

The bed & quilt was very comfortable.