Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

An average hostel. Hard to find plugs. But staff was kind enough to give me a welcome free coffee. 15 min walking from the central station, but really close to the center of the city.

It was a pleasant stay at the hostel. They had a nice cafe style area downstairs with lots of wood and table. Free locker service was available downstairs for free (with a 10 Euro deposit). The staff was very accommodating, addressing any needs. There was a kitchen and fridge onsite, allowing guests to cook their own food and also drink. Rules were fair, no eating in the room, there was not a curfew, however people were respectful in terms of noise.

• 17th Jan 2015

It is located in a nice place, on a quiet small street in the city center. There is a big shop to buy food just 100 meters away (on Voorstraat, works till 22.00, also on Sunday). Everything in the city center is available within 5-10 min walk. The hostel is simple, comfortable, and the personell is friendly. It seems it is not overcrowded with people, I stayed two nights and had just one more guest in my room. There was no noise in the room. It was definitely a positive experience to stay there.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Belarus

Great staff, welcoming drink and helpful staying after check out for planning the next steps. Thank you!

• 9th Jan 2015

Maybe make the numbers on the beds glow in the dark and large because there were people stealing other peoples beds at all hours of the morning and it woke us up a lot (they were trying to work out who was where at 1:47am). it happened 3 times in one night - last night. I know it will probably happen either way but just thought i would suggest that because we didn't sleep very well due to the confusion.

I was the only girl in the dorm and one of the employees kindly asked if I felt comfortable or if I'd like to switch rooms. I was completely fine in the room I was in but I thought that was a very nice gesture. Really says something about the staff!

Best Hostel in town. Loved the atmosphere and the guys working there.

Had a nice time here, and would definitely go back. It was a bit weird that the lockers are in the basement instead of the room but the staff was really nice, location great and the cafe on the ground level very pleasant.

The hostel is ok, the beds weren't as comfortable as I expect, specially for the pillows (too big), but the location is good and there's a charming hall on first floor which make it easy to meet new people. Annexed to this hall you'll find a great shared kitchen. The breakfast is not included and expensive in my opinion, so it's not worth it. The rest it's ok!!

This was a good hostel with comfortable beds and a pleasant garden. It's well located. The showers with their push buttons are a bit annoying, but the kitchen is well appointed and the staff are helpful.

We shared the room with 2 guys.Very nice atmosphere,very close to the center, staff was really nice to us. Everything was clean inside the room. We shared showers and toilets but they are good and clean! I definitively recomend this hostel!

The hostel with the best ambience i've ever been!

Staffs are so kind and helpful. It is close to the center. Kitchen is so clean! I will be back this hostel difinitely next time also!

The key system for the room doors is pretty bad. Everyone were leaving the doors unlocked (just a bit opened) because not everybody had a key to get in. Location isn't bad, but you just gotta rent a bike! It's super easy and really improves the experience in the city. Recall: breakfast isn't included. It was an extra 6 euros in november 2014 if you wanted it, but at least there's a big supermarket close.

The hostel is nice, the position is quite good to reach the main attractions of the city and is not far from the train station. The common room and the back garden allowed us to relax whenever we wanted, we felt at home :) The only spot could be that sometimes hot water in the shower does not flow for a few minutes, but with a bit of patience you have it back. We definitely recommend this hostel!

I have stayed at multiple hostels in Utrecht and did this one was the best. Low budget, clean and welcoming staff. Breakfast is superb with great coffee. Location is just off the canal. Beds are clean and rooms are spacious. Definitely my pick for Utrecht.

The beds were awful, old, mattress was plastic . I was in a dorm full of men. Bathrooms were old and worn. No atmosphere at all. Will not recommend nor stay again

Good hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. At stages quite high noise pollution due to student club house next door. Otherwise a great place to stay for a couple of nights in Utrecht.

A ladder up to the top bunk would have been a bonus but otherwise, I was very happy with this hostel, especially the very pleasant and helpful staff.

The stay in the Strowis hostel was really great. The staff were helpful, informative and very friendly. We were even offered a welcome drink. The hostel was clean and tidy. We sept in a 4 bed dorm room and got lower bunk beds. You may smoke in their lovely garden. We highly reccomend this hostel both for the people who enjoy sightseeing this beautiful city and its old town as well as stoners who are looking for not overcrowded coffeeshops and a local and calm atmosphere. See you one day again!