Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

I have stayed at multiple hostels in Utrecht and did this one was the best. Low budget, clean and welcoming staff. Breakfast is superb with great coffee. Location is just off the canal. Beds are clean and rooms are spacious. Definitely my pick for Utrecht.

The beds were awful, old, mattress was plastic . I was in a dorm full of men. Bathrooms were old and worn. No atmosphere at all. Will not recommend nor stay again

Good hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. At stages quite high noise pollution due to student club house next door. Otherwise a great place to stay for a couple of nights in Utrecht.

A ladder up to the top bunk would have been a bonus but otherwise, I was very happy with this hostel, especially the very pleasant and helpful staff.

The stay in the Strowis hostel was really great. The staff were helpful, informative and very friendly. We were even offered a welcome drink. The hostel was clean and tidy. We sept in a 4 bed dorm room and got lower bunk beds. You may smoke in their lovely garden. We highly reccomend this hostel both for the people who enjoy sightseeing this beautiful city and its old town as well as stoners who are looking for not overcrowded coffeeshops and a local and calm atmosphere. See you one day again!

I will go again to Utrecht and to this hostel for sure.

I had a great stay at the hostle. Dear hostle staff, thank you very much for all your help. You are great person.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Very nice hostel. Felt very at home and the staff were lovely. Great big kitchen and supermarkets close. Rooms very clean. Big area to sit outside or inside. Bike rental was handy!

I liked Utrecht, but I don't think Utrecht liked me. I managed to get my ipod charger stolen, I brought a new one and that went within a day also....hmmmm. It was also difficult to get people to go out for a beer. Even on Tuesday which is a Uni night. So I went out had some beers and some how lost my hostel keys. Never happened once before traveling haha. Utrecht however is a really pretty city. The hostel is close to some good bars and the staff are nice. It has a neat little outdoor area also

What a lovely hostel! Friendly staff, a beautiful little garden in the backyard, nice breakfast options and clean rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here - if I come back to Utrecht I definitely come back to this hostel again.

• 10th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel, it has great location just a few minutes walking from the Dom tower and the city centre. The facilities are great, there is lovely garden where you can enjoy... lunch :-) There is also a bar and a large common area. The staff was nice, they offered us coffee/tea during the check in (which was greatly appreciated). I would def recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Utrecht.

1 2 Next » last »