Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

wonderful staff..

• 6th Mar 2015

Won't stay there again

The breakfast is not free, the cost is 6 €, but the kitchen is well equipped. The lockers are in the basement instead of the room, a bit uncomfortable in my opinion. There is a cozy living room but hard to find plugs. Good position, there are two supermarkets and places to eat cheap.

The Strowis is an excellent Hostel! With a cozy atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay there. Joost, member of the staff, helped me with everything I requested. Other members of the staff are a little bit laconic, but they are also very solicitous. The kitchen is well equipped, the beds are comfortable and the showers work well (the hot water takes a few seconds to get out, but that's not a problem). My only complaint: the internet. For one day, I could not access it. Other people also complained.

Staffs are really nice here! I leave my luggage here after check out for free. They have a locked room to store baggages, so it's pretty safe. And when I arrived, I was very lucky to be informed that I could change to a better female dorm with the same price! The kitchen is good enough. Also there is a beautiful garden for free use.

Do not stay here! The atmosphere is terrible, you can't enter the kitchen at all hours to make food, the rooms are small and dirty and you can't shut the windows, which means you can here everyone making noise in the street. I definitely do not recommend this place.

An average hostel. Hard to find plugs. But staff was kind enough to give me a welcome free coffee. 15 min walking from the central station, but really close to the center of the city.

It was a pleasant stay at the hostel. They had a nice cafe style area downstairs with lots of wood and table. Free locker service was available downstairs for free (with a 10 Euro deposit). The staff was very accommodating, addressing any needs. There was a kitchen and fridge onsite, allowing guests to cook their own food and also drink. Rules were fair, no eating in the room, there was not a curfew, however people were respectful in terms of noise.

• 17th Jan 2015

It is located in a nice place, on a quiet small street in the city center. There is a big shop to buy food just 100 meters away (on Voorstraat, works till 22.00, also on Sunday). Everything in the city center is available within 5-10 min walk. The hostel is simple, comfortable, and the personell is friendly. It seems it is not overcrowded with people, I stayed two nights and had just one more guest in my room. There was no noise in the room. It was definitely a positive experience to stay there.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Belarus

Great staff, welcoming drink and helpful staying after check out for planning the next steps. Thank you!

• 9th Jan 2015

Maybe make the numbers on the beds glow in the dark and large because there were people stealing other peoples beds at all hours of the morning and it woke us up a lot (they were trying to work out who was where at 1:47am). it happened 3 times in one night - last night. I know it will probably happen either way but just thought i would suggest that because we didn't sleep very well due to the confusion.

I was the only girl in the dorm and one of the employees kindly asked if I felt comfortable or if I'd like to switch rooms. I was completely fine in the room I was in but I thought that was a very nice gesture. Really says something about the staff!

Best Hostel in town. Loved the atmosphere and the guys working there.

Had a nice time here, and would definitely go back. It was a bit weird that the lockers are in the basement instead of the room but the staff was really nice, location great and the cafe on the ground level very pleasant.

1 2 Next » last »