Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

Nice hostel with a lovely garden. Had to wait 5 minutea at check-in and they offered me a coffee. I didn't like the small beds and that the lockers are downstairs. Also there was no place to put your stuff next to the bed or a electricity outlet to charge the phone. Breakfast is 6 Euros and worth it, especially if you drink a lot of coffee in the morning. I can recommend it.

The relatively low score on staff is due to a difference in the very brief encounters I had in my short stay: One of the staff came across as absolutely excellent. The second morning I had to catch a bus 8:25 I think it was - and when I came down at 8:00 there was neither breakfast nor staff, but several other guests waiting. When this other person arrived and I asked for the breakfast, instead of getting the breakfast on the table, he started checking out whether I had actually ordered.

The best in Utrecht

friendly staff, great location and reasonable price.

Very good

They have a very nice garden and a spacious bar!

We rented out a couple of bikes for the day and the lady who helped us out with us was super helpful about it!

I've travelled to a lot of cities this year around Western Europe, but this was probably my favourite hostel experience. Friendly, cozy, clean and a great home away from home.

• 4th May 2015

I loved this hostel and actually ended up staying an extra night. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm which is really large, beds are spaced out enough and the room is light and airy with plenty of space. The hostel is laid out really well, they don't have a comfortable lounge, but the garden is gorgeous and groups often sat out there drinking and smoking till late. The kitchen is well equipped and there are lockers, with charging points which was very useful.

Lovely hostel and well situated, quite close to the Utrech central station and the center area. The staff is really nice and they make a great effort to keep the hostel perfect. The hostel main areas are beautiful: living room with books and board games, nice garden, kitchen with everything to cook! Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Spain

Friendly staff. Fair price. Clean rooms and facilities. The small courtyard is so beautiful, as is the common room. The fridge and cupboard are very useful and the kitchen has everything you need to cook a good meal. The location is as good as it gets, Utrecht is a small town and the Strowis is right at the heart of it. It was just perfect!

Poor WiFi!!!!!!!!