Hostel Strowis Reviews

Boothstraat 8, Utrecht, Netherlands

I arrived during a heatwave and there was no a/c so my room was really hot and hard to sleep in. When it cooled down though it was fine. Might want to add some fans to the rooms, Strowis. otherwise it was a great hostel with friendly staff and in a great part of Utrecht.

I book on hostel world this hostle more expensive 10% I don't know why? It never happen.

Great hostel, lovely staff, awesome breakfast :D Somewhat pricey but then maybe that's just Utrecht/Holland, I don't really have a frame of reference. Over all I'm really happy with my stay :)

Friendly and helpful staff.

Wonderful hostel with a garden and cosy atmosphere, 10 min from the railway station

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Nice place to stay. Breakfast is not included. Lockers are not in the room I was in but they are very large in the basement. Wifi works good. Kitchen didnt have any storage but there is a communal fridge in the basement a short walk away. Excellent communal area with indoor and secluded outdoor areas. Laundry service was excellent. Staff were helpful and good to deal with. I would come back.

Hostel is in a great location with helpful staff and a really nice back yard and common area with bar etc. Top bunks in the 14 person bedroom were quite high up with no ladder or side rails - this is a serious safety hazard. The building itself is quite old and thus feels a bit grungy. Don't get the 9 euro breakfast or whatever it is - horrible value.

postives: free computer/internet/wifi. free lockers (deposit). free tourist leaflets, kitchen and fridge, small garden for smokers.overall very clean and safe place to stay. spent an evening in 12 bed dorms in a large room with plenty of space. negatives.... curfew 2am and the bed covers makes a rustling sound

Great location, friendly staff, wi-fi was good even on the second floor, we didn't mind the curfew between 2 am till 8 am, felt more safer that way. On the other hand the shower was a complete disaster. It can be used only on intervals for 30 seconds by pressing a button, first few times is very cold and after 9 or 10 pressings the water is that much hot that you cannot even wash yourself completely. In the room the food box wasn't clean, the sheets weren't ironed, there was dust on few places.

For what experienced, the safety was low because people who rent the room before us forgot their stuff and then somebody entered to take them back without say nothing to us. This is the only fault of the hostel. The personnel is great and funny. The common space is really beautiful for its mini garden area.

Nice relaxed atmosphere especially in the garden. A bit noisy at night from street. Small kitchen. Fridge on different level. Recycling :-) :-) Good location.

Great kitchen, great inner garden, staff very kind. Maybe just felt missing more young people in the place.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Spain

No lockers. No storage, without 24hours notice. Stinky bathroom. A friend cancelled on Kings day and they offered her no money back, even though they could have filled it in 30 sec. Terrible breakfast,its just toast. Staff are on a power trip and enforce all rules to the nth degree. Made me feel bad about coming to see my friends after I checked out. Common room/kitchen/reception is all one shoe box. And the TV is just staff. Poor hostel

Breakfast is great value for money. Staff is experienced, dedicated and friendly. The hostel goes out o its way to provide a cood stay at minimum cost. The only thing I missed was soap in the showers.

Awesome and very peaceful atmosphere in the Hostel. Perfect for someone who wants to chill and relax. Clean washroom and bedrooms. I Recommend!

Beautiful place!

The hostel is great value for money for what it offers. Really nice staff!

Everything was great about the hostel except for the extremely rude staff member on the Sunday afternoon when I went to pick my bag up from storage. I appreciate that they may have had a difficult weekend from people staying for ASOT but this women spoke to me in the most degrading way like I was an imbecile when I had been perfectly polite to her.

Great hostel, nice staff, good facilities! Easy to find. Supermarket around the corner :)

Strowis Hostel in Utrecht was a really good choice for me. I think that it was one of the best hostels where I´ve ever stayed. Staff was friendly and very polite, also I enjoyed breakfast. Bathroom and showers were really clean, I totally want to recommend! 5 stars hostel :) ...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7