Hostel Sue Candelaria

9.0
Superb 808 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
18th May 2017

Our stay at Hostal Sue was amazing! It was extremely clean, the building itself has amazing colonial architecture, and it's a great place to meet other travelers. Not a party hostel but still social and you can actually sleep. Really can't recommend this place enough, the staff is amazing and extremely friendly. Thank you for hosting us *~*

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th May 2017

Very accommodating here. I arrived at 5 am and they let me check in to a bed and sleep even though usually check in times at hostels are 1 or 2 pm. They didn't even take any info down to fully register me, they just let me sleep and we took care of everything when I woke up several hours later. At which time I figured it would be too late to get breakfast (it was almost noon) but they asked if I had had breakfast and when I said no they prepared it for me. Suuuuper nice staff here!

6th May 2017

Enough good things can't be said about the staff. They were friendly, outgoing and very caring. The facilities are a bit basic. Bunks are warm and comfortable. 6 bed dorm only had 4 outlets. There's no lockers in the rooms, but there's personal lockers in the common area that fit a daypack. Location is right in the heart of La Candelaria. Bathrooms are simple but there's hot water. Atmosphere was a bit dead, but I put that down to the people staying there rather than the hostel.

28th Apr 2017

Overall pretty nice. The staff at the reception were a hit or miss - some were super great and helpful, others not at all. The breakfast is served a bit late - they say 8:30, but that usually meant earliest 8:45; not ideal if you want to get an early start.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

No complaints about this hostel. Overall pretty decent

22nd Apr 2017

Relatively big hostel, but kept really clean. Staff helpful and friendly, a lot of games and activities available. Kitchen is on a small side and breakfast a bit small (scrambled eggs with some bread, hot chocolate and juice), but all in all a really nice place. The three bed room doesn't have a locker in the room, there are only small lockers in the general area.

17th Apr 2017

Hostel Sue is an awesome place. It felt like a home away from home to me. I will be back.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Sue Candelaria is an amazing hostel with some great hippie vibes and lovely lovely staff. I felt right at home at this hostel and would definitley recommend it! The only downside is I thought the location was a bit dodgey at night... especially if you are travelling alone but i felt completely safe once back at the hostel 😊

9th Apr 2017

Staff were incredibly helpful and found us a place to sleep with a duvet having arrived at 6am. Also helped me to find a place to buy a cellphone after mine had broken. Good breakfasts, hot showers and good WiFi

• themurph79
  • England, All Male Group, 31-40
2nd Apr 2017

Only stopped over night so can't give a full review. But what I saw for the few hours I was there was good. Staff were very very good and the place very clean and safe.