Hostel Sue Candelaria Reviews

Carrera 3 # 12c-18, Bogota, Colombia

Great location and a nice friendly atmosphere to the place. Has a cosy feel with the courtyard and tv lounge. The rooms are good with enough blankets etc provided for the cold evenings. Only issue is that sound travels very easily around the hostel so on a Saturday night when there's more people in the bar or early in the morning when they start to prepare breakfast it can be quite noisy.

Fantastic stay at Sue's! Great breakfast, service and atmosphere.

• 12th Aug 2015

Had a nice stay here. Wasn't the best of my trip, but definitely good enough!

The Wifi didnt work here and they didn't seem to bother very much about that. Also the credit card or debit machine doesnt work at night, I wish I would have known that before I went to pay in the middle of the night and found out I needed cash.

Saff are supper cool! Very helpful and friendly. The crowd was very diverse range, from early 20s to mid 60s, we found some far out and interesting people. Breakfast was filling and always different day to day. The showers are ok, the hot water will run out quickly in the morning, so get in early, or shower at night and you'll have no problem with getting a hot one. I would stay at Sue again and again.

the Wi-Fi works from time to time and in specific areas the internet connection was poor there was no heating option, just 3 blankets the location and the staff are great, but you re not allowed to have guests over from 11pm to 8am :-/

Incredibly clean hostel, nice breakfasts that change daily, lots of information about tours and activities going on every day, in what felt like a safe and touristy part of the Candelaria, near lots of bars and restaurants. Their party bus was fun (we were given two bottles of rum between six people) but the hostel often seemed quiet, and because people slept in the living room a lot there weren't many warm places to socialise (it was quite chilly when we were there).

A great spot. Many bathrooms/showers and hot Water was never a problem. I messed up on booking my first night and the hostel responded immediately. The staff was always kind, place clean. Standard breakfast. Just FYI: at midnight, they don't stand for loud discussions in the common room, making it a pleasant place for sleep, but not as pleasant if you like the party vibe.

Had a great stay, great service, good breakfast, very friendly ladies who run the hostel on a daily basis. Good tour to andres carnes de res. Great location, safe, has a nice pub indoors.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great central location, good vibe in the hostel. Private rooms are tiny, but other than that fine.

Good overall, nice beds, good social area with bar, TV, hammocks, pretty girls that work there - sometimes they were a bit moody though. Breakfast was OK although they seemed to give some people got breakfast and some cold 😐

Private room bed was the most comfortable bed ever!! Staff were very friendly and really helpful

• 2nd Jul 2015

Warm comfortable beds and warm showers. Located in Candelaria, a somewhat seedy end of the city. The staff were average; I had an unexpected extra guest in my room, and the explanation from the staff for the additional charge was complicated and never really clear.

Hostel Sue is beautiful! The atmosphere could have been better but I think it was just the room I was staying in. The only thing that might be an issue for some people is the dorm rooms are right off the main room where people are playing pingpong and music until pretty late, and there are not a lot of outlets in the room but you can find outlets throughout. Other than that it was a great place to stay for my first two nights in Bogota. Super close to downtown. The staff was AWESOME too :)

Hostel waswas clean and ataff friendly. Very happy with the avilable blankets to snuggle into in the afternoon.

Great showers! A nice little hostel, wasn't terribly busy when we stayed so didn't meet many people. Wifi works well and rooms are secured with padlocks. Breakfast was a bonus, would recommend

This hostel was great. It's in a great location and is very good value for money. There's a bar there too which makes it quite sociable. The staff are very helpful and informative. The only bad thing I can say is that a couple of times I saw reception temporarily left vacant allowing anybody to walk in. Also, be aware that the bar may play loud music until quite late.

A really good hostal with a great atmosphere ! Beds are comfortables.....rooms and restroom are cleans. Definitely the one I choose when I come back in Bogota

been here twice now and have no reason to change, great staff, good atmosphere and had a blast when i was there, will stay there again when i return to colombia.. breakfast could be a little bit bigger though.. that will be my only negative comment but all in all great location with a good chilled vibe

We had a very nice stay at Hostel Sue! Sue herself was there everyday and she was a fantastic host. She runs a tight shift here. She makes sure that the place is very clean, each bed is turned down daily which we found to be a nice touch. The included breakfast is very satisfying as well. We found many of the guests, as well as workers easy to talk to and get along with. This hostel is well located in the Candelaria district.

• 20th May 2015