Hostel Sue Candelaria Reviews

Carrera 3 # 12c-18, Bogota, Colombia

Hostel Sue is beautiful! The atmosphere could have been better but I think it was just the room I was staying in. The only thing that might be an issue for some people is the dorm rooms are right off the main room where people are playing pingpong and music until pretty late, and there are not a lot of outlets in the room but you can find outlets throughout. Other than that it was a great place to stay for my first two nights in Bogota. Super close to downtown. The staff was AWESOME too :)

Hostel waswas clean and ataff friendly. Very happy with the avilable blankets to snuggle into in the afternoon.

Great showers! A nice little hostel, wasn't terribly busy when we stayed so didn't meet many people. Wifi works well and rooms are secured with padlocks. Breakfast was a bonus, would recommend

A really good hostal with a great atmosphere ! Beds are comfortables.....rooms and restroom are cleans. Definitely the one I choose when I come back in Bogota

been here twice now and have no reason to change, great staff, good atmosphere and had a blast when i was there, will stay there again when i return to colombia.. breakfast could be a little bit bigger though.. that will be my only negative comment but all in all great location with a good chilled vibe

We had a very nice stay at Hostel Sue! Sue herself was there everyday and she was a fantastic host. She runs a tight shift here. She makes sure that the place is very clean, each bed is turned down daily which we found to be a nice touch. The included breakfast is very satisfying as well. We found many of the guests, as well as workers easy to talk to and get along with. This hostel is well located in the Candelaria district.

• 20th May 2015

Breakfast was good and bed was clean!

Rooms located right beside commom area so can be quite noisy. On arrival mix up with rooms meant having to change for second night stay which was quite annoying. Nice breakfast. Overall fine you get what you pay for. However have stayed in better hostels in Bogota.

Great location, very chilled atmosphere, great TV room if you just want to relax for the evening. Kitchen seems a little sparse but does the job. Friendly and helpful staff, would stay again!

We arrived early in the morning to Bogota. Immediatly we felt very welcome and they improvised 2 beds for us in the tv room to get some sleep. We stayed in a private appartment down the road from the hostel and the staff insisted on bringing us there. Didn't matter what time it was. Very nice, safe hostel in the city center of Bogota.

Stayed here 3 times on my visit to Columbia. All ground floor hostel , nice. Big sunny patio, nice. Coffee all day, nice. First time private room, very nice.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Good breakfast if you wake up in time. its 15000 taxi from the bus station but once there its a pretty sweet location 3000 slices of pizza round the corner. Well laid out hostel toilets are perfectly positioned. Security was nice and tight lockers security cams and locked front door and gate. close to all the museums. 20000 to zona rosa grab 4 people and its a cheap party. nice backyard. kitchens basic but so many cheap eats nearby who wants to cook. Enjoy!

They did not speak English there at all. But it they tried to help us out as much as they could. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was awesome with eggs. Overall good. The area is creepy at night.

• 9th Feb 2015

We reserved a room at Hostel Sue but when we arrived were taken to their 'other building' round the corner, which turned out to be a completely different hostel - 'Explora Hostel'. Our room was perfectly clean, as were the shared bathrooms, and breakfast was included but was back across the road at Hostel Sue. The one disappointment was the total lack of atmosphere at both hostels! We were hoping for a few drinks as it was Friday night, but both were completely dead.

Great hostel in a central location. Staff are friendly and will help will onwards travel if asked. A nice bar and varied travellers (many solo) is a plus.

Although my Spanish is pretty bad, staff were friendly and kind to me so I could have a good time there. I found some nice place to eat and drink around there.

I loved this place, I'm definitely staying there next time I'm in Bogota.

Nice location in La Candelaria near Chorro de Quevedo. Also offer an included breakfast of more than just bread items - had an egg, croissant, coffee. Luisa led a group of guests on a trip out to Zipaquira to the Salt Cathedral and to check out the town, by way of public transport as opposed to a tour package option, which was great - Thanks!

The atmosphere was okay. They're is a bar but there are rarely people in it. However I'd you are in the room next to it there is no chance of an early night. The staff are very helpful. My bus arrived 11 hours early, and despite not having any room in the dorms they let me crash on a sofa, complete with pillows and blankets.

Lots of activities and in a great location so you can walk to everything.