Hostel Sue Candelaria Reviews

Carrera 3 # 12c-18, Bogota, Colombia

Only 2 toilets for all the hostel

The hostel is a big one in which you will meet the typical party hostel people. The breakfast is not very good and the staff sometimes unfriendly and not helping. Its clean and good for staying one night. I personally prefer more the small and more family like hostels and thats why i dont like that one

Wonderful hostel with extremely good value for private rooms. I stayed in what I assume was the quieter one but the barrio La Candelaria itself is always happening so there's no risk of being left with nothing to do

The double bed private ensuite room is in a separate apartment, around the corner and across from the Cranky Croc. It was acceptably clean, smelled slightly of cigarette smoke. The area is very loud until 1 or 2 am, so bring ear plugs or use a noise machine app on your smart phone if you need sleep. The front desk was helpful and informative, and the breakfast was pleasant. The communal facilities were about average, my last stay in Bogota was at Cranky Croc and they were much nicer there.

Good location close to transmilenio bus station. Bad wifi...

The advert on hostelworld doesn't really reflect the truth, it's a small hostel, little atmosphere and poor wifi, the receptionist was pretty average at customer service too. I booked for 4 nights but left after 2

Nice hostel but take care. The private rooms ensuite are in an other building not really close. Breakfast is really poor. One egg and one croissants. Beside this it's nice place to stay.

Good location, nice free breakfast. A couple extra bathrooms would be nice, but at least the showers are nice and hot and the beds are good. Big DVD collection, and spacious dorms mean that I would recommend this hostel.

We stayed four nights. Staff helped us out with questions and problems we had. Room was spacious and clean. First night we stayed at a private which turned out to be an apartment a few blocks down from the hostel. Bar at the hostel is good, although they hold to the firm South-American believe that louder music is better music. However, no problems if you decide to turn down the volume a bit. Breakfast is decent and definitely above South-American hostel standard.

Really friendly staff and very clean rooms.

The issue with this hostel is that there is an "old" hostel and a "new" hostel (they are 3 blocks apart). I was initially allocated to the old hostel, but shifted so I could be in the same as my friends. The new hostel is really good, comfortable and good facilities, but my brief experience in the old hostel was not good (not clean, cramped and cluttered, uncomfortable). Another comment is that many of the reception staff (new hostel) do not speak much english.

Nice hostel! Very friendly staff, cute rooms, good breakfast (is, like they say, basic, but they prepare and serve you your plate, which was really nice and caring). The only thing I didnt like was the matrass, which really hurted me.

Good location in the candeleria, staff was really helpfull.

Great hostel with very caring and pleasant staff! Wonderful location and definitely worth every peso!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

Excellent! I had a great stay and met some great people while there. This is my idea of a great hostel

The staff always brings breakfast with a smile. The common room and back patio is amazing place to socialize. The only thing I will gripe about this hostel is ... it's right next door to a bar. Hope you don't care about sleep (at least until 2:30 am).

Loved the place, only downer is that you need to wait for a toilet or shower a lot of times.

We arrived late and left in the next morning, so didn't get too much time to feel about this hostel. Over all everything is fine. The breakfast is okay. Staff are always busy. Space is big and location is not bad.

Nice location- though the area can be a bit dodgy at night. Very helpful/friendly staff. Good value for money. Solid breakfast. Would recommend to others. Only complaint is no hot water - showers are icy frigid.

This is one of the best Hostels I have stayed in my 4 months travelling Asia and South America. I will recommend it to anyone going to Bogotá.