Hostel Sue Candelaria Reviews

Carrera 3 # 12c-18, Bogota, Colombia

Great hostel, friendly staff, good location

The rooms back on to the common areas meaning all conversations must be held at a whisper at night... which sucks and resulted in us being told to be quiet every 5 minutes.

Nice little hostel, especially good for lone travellers as it's intimate. The only downside is if you are looking for a party hostel this isnt it. After a night out you are not allowed to come back to the hostel and stay up and chat, very frustrating.

First, they have two locations, an old and new. I confirmed that I booked the new location, but when I arrived, they moved me to the old because of "overbooking" - pretty poor treatment. In any case, the old location wasn't bad: nice courtyard area to hang out in, clean bathrooms, and good hot water showers to combat the Bogota cold. We also could go to the new location to use their bar. Had a blast on the party bus to Andres Carne de Res - Diana was awesome and made sure we had a lot of fun.

Only 2 toilets for all the hostel

The hostel is a big one in which you will meet the typical party hostel people. The breakfast is not very good and the staff sometimes unfriendly and not helping. Its clean and good for staying one night. I personally prefer more the small and more family like hostels and thats why i dont like that one

Wonderful hostel with extremely good value for private rooms. I stayed in what I assume was the quieter one but the barrio La Candelaria itself is always happening so there's no risk of being left with nothing to do

The double bed private ensuite room is in a separate apartment, around the corner and across from the Cranky Croc. It was acceptably clean, smelled slightly of cigarette smoke. The area is very loud until 1 or 2 am, so bring ear plugs or use a noise machine app on your smart phone if you need sleep. The front desk was helpful and informative, and the breakfast was pleasant. The communal facilities were about average, my last stay in Bogota was at Cranky Croc and they were much nicer there.

Good location close to transmilenio bus station. Bad wifi...

The advert on hostelworld doesn't really reflect the truth, it's a small hostel, little atmosphere and poor wifi, the receptionist was pretty average at customer service too. I booked for 4 nights but left after 2

Nice hostel but take care. The private rooms ensuite are in an other building not really close. Breakfast is really poor. One egg and one croissants. Beside this it's nice place to stay.

Good location, nice free breakfast. A couple extra bathrooms would be nice, but at least the showers are nice and hot and the beds are good. Big DVD collection, and spacious dorms mean that I would recommend this hostel.

We stayed four nights. Staff helped us out with questions and problems we had. Room was spacious and clean. First night we stayed at a private which turned out to be an apartment a few blocks down from the hostel. Bar at the hostel is good, although they hold to the firm South-American believe that louder music is better music. However, no problems if you decide to turn down the volume a bit. Breakfast is decent and definitely above South-American hostel standard.

Really friendly staff and very clean rooms.

The issue with this hostel is that there is an "old" hostel and a "new" hostel (they are 3 blocks apart). I was initially allocated to the old hostel, but shifted so I could be in the same as my friends. The new hostel is really good, comfortable and good facilities, but my brief experience in the old hostel was not good (not clean, cramped and cluttered, uncomfortable). Another comment is that many of the reception staff (new hostel) do not speak much english.

Nice hostel! Very friendly staff, cute rooms, good breakfast (is, like they say, basic, but they prepare and serve you your plate, which was really nice and caring). The only thing I didnt like was the matrass, which really hurted me.

Good location in the candeleria, staff was really helpfull.

Great hostel with very caring and pleasant staff! Wonderful location and definitely worth every peso!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

Excellent! I had a great stay and met some great people while there. This is my idea of a great hostel

The staff always brings breakfast with a smile. The common room and back patio is amazing place to socialize. The only thing I will gripe about this hostel is ... it's right next door to a bar. Hope you don't care about sleep (at least until 2:30 am).