Hostel Suites Mendoza Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas Nro.1532, Mendoza, Argentina

We thought that the public areas were clean but bedroom dusty and soap from previous residents left for us to use.Public areas also quite limited in size . Internet access was good. Breakfast was better than previous hostel especially fresh fruit salad.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Amazing places to discover ! Really friendly and helpful staff

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The dorm rooms could have used outlets for electricity. It was only possible to charge mobile phones in the bathroom or common areas.

Got a nice case of bed bugs at this hostel. Tried contacting the hostel after we checked out 5 times via email and they didn't reply.

Has the pretty generic giant hostel vibe. Staff friendly and helpful. Private room had AC which was wonderful. It's a very nice place, but there was nothing that blew me away like some other hostels. In all fairness I wasn't in the hostel for more then 30 minutes while awake. Great location a block away from big street and a few blocks away from a big square. Super lock down security at the front door, which I guess is nice if that's important to you.

Bedbugs. Kitchen very tiny Very few pots pans utensils frig full of lrg water bottles no room for food 4 bed dorms the size of a shoebox with the worlds tiniest shower Even if you are thin the shower curtain will be sticking to you. Staff play loud annoying music at full volume all day long Families with crying children Not too bad for meeting other travellers but I am certain there are nicer hostels in Mendoza

Great hostel. Very big and not very noisy. Not much of a party hostel, though they had free mojitos from 10pm-12am which was great. Overall enjoyed my stay there

Nice staff and really helpful. Location is great, close to supermarket, market, city center and public transport. Dorms are small but have private bathroom, AC and lockers for luggage. There is also secured luggage storage and a bathroom to use after checkout. Only thing missing is a shower for before or after checkout as most buses arrive early in the morning or you leave later in the day and Mendoza is hot

Stayed here 3 nights during weekend, Saturday night they gave us free mojitos and other cocktails. Staff were great and spoke good English. Just be aware if staying on a Sunday, nearly everything is shut so stoke up on Saturday. Large tv to watch sports seemed like a great social hostel

A clean but underwhelming hostel. The rooms are spacious enough (4 bed dorm) but when you leave the room the rest of the hostel has a clinical and hotel feeling, not a warm hostel atmosphere that we had hoped for. The staff here seemed pained to offer any advice and did nothing to try and bring people together and have fun. If you are looking for a functional and secure place to sleep then this may work for you, if you want to be social head else where.

In our six weeks we travelled trough Argentina this was our worse hostel! We booked a double room with private bathroom, we got a bunkbed. The bathroom was mabye one square meter. The shower was so tiny that you had to stand sideways, the showerhead was on my left, my back touched the wall and my front touched the filthy showercurtain. The showercurtain was to short so everything got wet. When I asked for an extra towel the staff said that they didn't had any! Good location though.

Good overall hostel, great location. Free shots on Sat night, can't get better than that. Bathrooms could be in a bit better condition.. and no wifi in rooms. On a side note - be sure to organise your taxi well before going anywhere (better choice to just catch one on the street - not through the hostel) because myself & numerous other people could not get a taxi to arrive at the hostel even after ordering it 30 mins beforehand!

Not overly social, unless drinks happening on rooftop. Staff a bit hit and miss, some really helpful, some not at all Location is good. No major complaints. Private room had aircon which was a blessing.

Amazing staff! Really nice people ! Nico at night is the best!

• 7th Feb 2014

It's a nice located and big hostel with tons of people to meet. Although all the tours i hired in the hostel picked me up a little late, they were ok. I've had better breakfasts before.

• 1st Feb 2014

Your average big, generic hostel. Some of the staff were of no use. Nice balcony area upstairs. Plenty to eat at breakfast. No major complaints!

Really nice staff. Great rooftop and breakfast atmosphere. Been there twice and never was disappointed.

Probably the worst hostel of south America. I don't know how come it is rated like this. Sheets with holes, not enough pillows for everyone, tiniest rooms ever, ONE socket for every room, either of 5 or 10 people, and no sockets in the toilet. No "atmosphere" at all. If you know what a hostel is you don't want to go there.

The problem we faced was that the staff working for the building had nothing to do with the hotel company and when we faced a problem with our key, it became quite difficult. Indeed, we had to wait for more than an hour for someone to help us entering our room and after that we were advised not to lock the door...so quite unsafe.

Stayed four nights and had a great time. Really wonderful staff, they were very helpful with directions and excursions! There's a good free breakfast and locked luggage storage which I really appreciate. Sometimes I had a little trouble connecting to the internet now and then but other than that it's a great hostel.