Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is a very big and busy hostel right in the heart of Buenos Aires. It is slightly chaotic but has all the facilities that you need.

My bedsheets wre not clean, I had to ask for them to be changed.

• 16th Jul 2014

I thought this hotel was great. It's right in the heart of the city, and the rates are great. It's nice that breakfast is included, and everything was always really clean and tidy. The staff was really knowledgeable, and helped us to book various optional excursions. It's also great that free tours of the city are offered almost every day. We thought free dinner would be a great feature, however it turned out it was at a different hotel, and when we went the first night the bar was packed.

I believe it is because the hostel is too big, but the staff is not that helpful or friendly. Only one guy at the bar was really cool with us.

Good choice if you want to be in the center of the city. The rooms are big and are definitely a bargain. Nice common area and a variety of computers are available. Free breakfast that is one of the better breakfasts I've seen at a hostel. Biggest complaint is the noise. The place is loud. You can hear a door close that is 4 floors above you.

They changed me to Hostel Suites Florida, which is 3 blocks away from the Obelisco one. Everything was really nice and neat. Location is the best one, you can do lots of things by walking.

Comfy bed, hot shower and great room cleaning. They don't have a heater for cold weather . (I can't complain about the blankets. There were enough to warm us up. But for a cold country, I would expect that. I survived, though). I expected more from the staff. A couple of receptionists were lovely, but the rest didn't feel like being there, nevermind giving directions. This girl sent us to take the bus in the wrong place.

• 23rd May 2014

Location is really great! Generally, everything was ok. Just not enough outlets in dorm-room. No wifi in room, only in common space, in the kitchen.

Kitchen was poor - without cups and cutlery. And the room was freezing! But the common area is nice, and the hostel alright

One member of the staff, a woman who works as a recepcionist, was really rude in two oportunities.

• 19th May 2014

That was my first experience at hostels and it was awesome!

• 14th May 2014

Good hostel, however I had my toilet bag out on my bed, as most people do and my malaria medication was stolen by cleaning staff!!! Very unhappy!!! So lock up everything!

The hostel is great! We stayed at Obelisco, but we got a discount on the main bar of Hostel Suites located in Calle Florida. The location is great, rooms very neat and clean. I cannot complain even a little bit of my staying at Hostel Suites Obelisco.

• 7th May 2014

Great place to stay in Buenos Aires!! The staff is the best; thank you Fernanda for helping me buy my bus ticket!!

• 7th May 2014

The location is just excellent, next to the Obelisco, just a couple of blocks away from the subway and with great bus access too. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the building is very cosy and friendly. Price is very good, the bathroom hold one a time, which was nice for me (and there are several). Recommended.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Uruguay

improve the shower and check the moisture of the rooms

• 2nd May 2014

There are ups and downs for this hostel.Great location, nice building and huge dorms with lots of free space..On the other hand, there are only 2 bathrooms per floor and if you are late to wake up it can take an hour to use it. Also the shower has an habit of switching from cold and very hot periodically. Can recommend highly after all.

Nice hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpful

Excelente! Best hostel in my three months trip :)

The male staff were Excellent and were very helpful to their Guest Location is perfect !

« first « Prev 1 2 3