Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I came to this hostel years ago when I first went to Buenos Aires, and now I go there every time I pass through there. I love how this place is set up, and it's very easy to meet other hostelers and they make it really easy to find activities to do. There are some quirks, like the keys jamming in room doors, and getting the elevator to work, but I really love this place and will continue to come back here whenever I pass through this city.

It's a big hostel who look like an usine. The only thing good is the big living room on the bottom flour. And moreover, it's not allowed to bring our botle of wine or beer in this place, the only place to eat (there is a very small room also near the kitchen, but not pleasant). Otherwise, there are only 2 very tiny kitchen for a lot of people. It's not enough... And there are almost nothing for cooking : only 3 or 4 plates, no dishes to go in the oven, very few pan and broken. A lot to improve.

• 31st Dec 2015

Hi, Thanks for your comment. That's true that we have a lot to improve, specially, as you have observed, in the kitchen. Although, we hope to see you again soon. Regards,

It's that corporate kind of hostel, where they just doing their business that is making money for providing accommodation. Nothing wrong about that. Well located, my room and bathroom was clean and well organized. I just prefer that family kind of hostels where to owner does it for the money AND the experience by meeting like-minded people. The in house bar and the pub crawl was for me that typical tourist rip off. Expensive and not worth because only hostel people there, sorry.

Hi, Thanks for your comments. Yes, we are not a owner-managed hostel, so in this sense your comment is appropriate, although you do have the ability to get know like-minded people, there are always plenty of them, all you need is to take a look around. Best regards,

Very good hostel, good location and good (sweet) breakfast. Only one remark: no air conditioning in hot Bs As summer...

Good location. No AC in dorms. Breakfast is just sugar. Some washrooms need space to place things. Wifi only available in common room. Good tour options and bar crawls.

Hi, Thanks for your comment. Yes, we have a sweetie breakfast, but we proudly provide two options of fruits, and sugar free cereals, for those not very accustomed to this type of breakfast, It's kinda tough tho to provide a super varied breakfast option in a budget hostel like ours. Best regards,

This is a large hostel located at the heart of the city - while it may lack the close community feeling of a smaller single house hostel, it is compensated by its convenient location and ample facilities.

Not bad for the price but was no hot water in the bathroom

They need to get air conditioning in this hostel... Or a fan at least. Apart from that the location is excellent right near the monument. Breakfast is basic but does the job, good wifi but not in the rooms. Cool DVD room with good selection of DVDs and an aircon that sounds like a chinook is hovering outside the window. Very good showers and fresh, free, cold water on supply all day next to the bar. Stayed longer than expected.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your comment. We are very happy to learn that you had a good time here, regarding the air conditioning in the rooms, we would love to do that., but we are not able to do so given to the electrical infrastructure of the building, as you might noticed it's an historical building, that's the reason we don't have it in the rooms. Although, as you saw, we do have it on the common areas. Looking forward to see you again. Cheers,

Some sort of air ventilation is needed in every single room. The hostel itself was good, location was amazing right on the main street. Nice chill out area for guests. However during my stay the rooms were so hot I didn't have a good sleep. Opening the window was not an option as the noise from the main room (as it remained close it was fine with noise) .. the wifi in the common area was good but doesn't reach the rooms. Breakfast was your usual average. Though the staff were helpful.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your comment. We are very happy to learn that you had a good time here, regarding the air ventilation, we are working on solutions for this summer, so you will be able to have a better night of sleep next time. Looking forward to see you again. Cheers,

The staff was great!

One of the best hostels I have ever been to

• 7th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I had a good time, it's a nice place to stay in.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Uruguay

There was no kitchen for cooking. Also no wifi on the rooms, just in the 'living room area'. Also were there no sockets on the room which made it hard to charge our electronic devices. Many toilets in the living area were constantly broken. Many things to improve.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your comment. I would like to let you know that we do have two kitchens available for cooking, we are sorry if the Staff eventually didn't let you know about it. Looking forward to see you again. Cheers,

The best side of this hostel is the location, hostel is clean, rooms are spacious. Unfortunately there is no wifi in the rooms and you can only use the internet in the common area/bar which was extremely loud and was hard to focus. I would say is good to stay there if you need to spend a night before the flight as is easy to get there from the airports ( cheap micro from city airport stops near by and is 15 min walk to the coaches)

stayed there twice. Both were very good. I like the atmosphere. Would just recommend to add trays for food for breakfast time to carry all you need at once to your table. All the rest is really very comfortable :)

The location is awesome, close to many interesting locations in a walking distance. The staff was very proactive and very helpfull ( except for the guy who serves breakfast, he gossiped about some clients in loud voice and I heard it more than once). The room smelled bad. Sometimes It was very hard to enter into the room. There must be more windows on it.

• 5th Sep 2015

pretty cool place, nice staff, clean beds and rooms, and interesting atmosphere. if your passing through definitely check this place out

An excellent hostel! The rooms are separated from the reception and the common space, so it's peacefull. Also,a have much better (normal) rules opposite to hostel Florida of the same company (that has weird rules). I'm sorry that I couldn't stay longer.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels