Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I only stay one night, the staff was realy good giving unvalue information about transport to the airport.

The hostel overall is great. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are nice and clean. The only thing that I have to complain is that one night the bathroom on our floor had no running water, making us share bathrooms with people on other floors, making it even crowder than normal. Despite this, I would definitely stay here again.

Good points : nice staff, very helpfull and good location Bad points : old and dirty bathrooms and kitchen, too much noise in the hostel

• 6th Nov 2014

Good hostel. Excellent location. Lost of activities are offered.

Dormi en una habitación compartida de 4 camas y me parecio lamentable que sólo tenga 1 enchufe en toda la pieza, y encima no funcionaba. Hoy en dia eso no puede ocurrir I rented a 4 bed share room at it was only 1 plug, and it was brocke...i guess it is not gonna happend

Not advised if you want a restful night! If you want to party through the middle of the night then book now! Bathroom didn't have hot water and had glasses with cigarette butts in! Breakfast served on plastic plates! Was a horrible experience for us over the age of 21!

We spent a few days in there the locations is the only plus the rest is very poor: stink of smoke especially in the 3rd floor , kitchen nothing - no utensil very small and dirty. Staff very poor no communication skills. Very disappointed , with a few dollars more you can get a better hostel

Very nice hostel in the centre of Buenos Aires. Lovely hot showers and large bedrooms. The free breakfast is not amazing though, but generally great value for money!

• 29th Aug 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 days in the private suite w/ shared bathroom. All the days the bathroom was dirty! It looked like nobody was in charge or cleaning it. This hostel used to be top, but now I consider it as regular,,,

The only thing I have to say is that the hot water was very unstable, so it got cold in the midle of the shower, a little bit annoying, don't you think? The staff was ok, te place was clean, the rooms were big and the bed was confortble. Perfect location!

We really liked this hostel. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. But There were a few problems: the bathroom wAs dirty and the blanket was smelling bad, as if it wasn't been washed. The tables of the commom área was always dirty too. But even with these detAils we would stay there again

• 18th Aug 2014

Bad experience, you had to pay 50 pesos as a garaty for your stay, awfull evenif you are a guest trouhg hostelworld... very bad hostel rules just in favor of the hostel, check in at 2;00 pm andcheck out at 11;00am no reasonable,,,,everything is money for them...staff not friendly

Great location. Beds were very comfortable. Loud and somewhat obnoxious hostel-mates made for an unpleasant sleeping environment. Would recommend if you want to stay in the Centro area.

Thanks! Leandros

The kitchens are Not very good equipped

A perfect hostel!

This is a very big and busy hostel right in the heart of Buenos Aires. It is slightly chaotic but has all the facilities that you need.

My bedsheets wre not clean, I had to ask for them to be changed.

• 16th Jul 2014

I thought this hotel was great. It's right in the heart of the city, and the rates are great. It's nice that breakfast is included, and everything was always really clean and tidy. The staff was really knowledgeable, and helped us to book various optional excursions. It's also great that free tours of the city are offered almost every day. We thought free dinner would be a great feature, however it turned out it was at a different hotel, and when we went the first night the bar was packed.

I believe it is because the hostel is too big, but the staff is not that helpful or friendly. Only one guy at the bar was really cool with us.

Good choice if you want to be in the center of the city. The rooms are big and are definitely a bargain. Nice common area and a variety of computers are available. Free breakfast that is one of the better breakfasts I've seen at a hostel. Biggest complaint is the noise. The place is loud. You can hear a door close that is 4 floors above you.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels