Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

We spent a few days in there the locations is the only plus the rest is very poor: stink of smoke especially in the 3rd floor , kitchen nothing - no utensil very small and dirty. Staff very poor no communication skills. Very disappointed , with a few dollars more you can get a better hostel

Very nice hostel in the centre of Buenos Aires. Lovely hot showers and large bedrooms. The free breakfast is not amazing though, but generally great value for money!

• 29th Aug 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 days in the private suite w/ shared bathroom. All the days the bathroom was dirty! It looked like nobody was in charge or cleaning it. This hostel used to be top, but now I consider it as regular,,,

The only thing I have to say is that the hot water was very unstable, so it got cold in the midle of the shower, a little bit annoying, don't you think? The staff was ok, te place was clean, the rooms were big and the bed was confortble. Perfect location!

We really liked this hostel. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. But There were a few problems: the bathroom wAs dirty and the blanket was smelling bad, as if it wasn't been washed. The tables of the commom área was always dirty too. But even with these detAils we would stay there again

• 18th Aug 2014

Bad experience, you had to pay 50 pesos as a garaty for your stay, awfull evenif you are a guest trouhg hostelworld... very bad hostel rules just in favor of the hostel, check in at 2;00 pm andcheck out at 11;00am no reasonable,,,,everything is money for them...staff not friendly

Great location. Beds were very comfortable. Loud and somewhat obnoxious hostel-mates made for an unpleasant sleeping environment. Would recommend if you want to stay in the Centro area.

Thanks! Leandros

The kitchens are Not very good equipped

A perfect hostel!

This is a very big and busy hostel right in the heart of Buenos Aires. It is slightly chaotic but has all the facilities that you need.

My bedsheets wre not clean, I had to ask for them to be changed.

• 16th Jul 2014

I thought this hotel was great. It's right in the heart of the city, and the rates are great. It's nice that breakfast is included, and everything was always really clean and tidy. The staff was really knowledgeable, and helped us to book various optional excursions. It's also great that free tours of the city are offered almost every day. We thought free dinner would be a great feature, however it turned out it was at a different hotel, and when we went the first night the bar was packed.

I believe it is because the hostel is too big, but the staff is not that helpful or friendly. Only one guy at the bar was really cool with us.

Good choice if you want to be in the center of the city. The rooms are big and are definitely a bargain. Nice common area and a variety of computers are available. Free breakfast that is one of the better breakfasts I've seen at a hostel. Biggest complaint is the noise. The place is loud. You can hear a door close that is 4 floors above you.

They changed me to Hostel Suites Florida, which is 3 blocks away from the Obelisco one. Everything was really nice and neat. Location is the best one, you can do lots of things by walking.

Comfy bed, hot shower and great room cleaning. They don't have a heater for cold weather . (I can't complain about the blankets. There were enough to warm us up. But for a cold country, I would expect that. I survived, though). I expected more from the staff. A couple of receptionists were lovely, but the rest didn't feel like being there, nevermind giving directions. This girl sent us to take the bus in the wrong place.

• 23rd May 2014

Location is really great! Generally, everything was ok. Just not enough outlets in dorm-room. No wifi in room, only in common space, in the kitchen.

Kitchen was poor - without cups and cutlery. And the room was freezing! But the common area is nice, and the hostel alright

One member of the staff, a woman who works as a recepcionist, was really rude in two oportunities.

• 19th May 2014

That was my first experience at hostels and it was awesome!

• 14th May 2014