Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

We had a great experience here! The staff were truly amazing, and went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. We experienced a series of unexpected travel complications, and the staff were just fantastic about helping us with our plans to make sure we could enjoy our stay. We couldn't have asked for better!

Great place, good staff, good location, clean! Too crowded for us as we prefer smaller hostels. Bathrooms are quite limited for number of people. Global feedback good !

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

The rooms with view on Avenida Corrientes are noisy at night but the staff is really helpful If you need tips to plan your trip around Argentina!

This was a perfect place to stay in BsAs, its right next to the Obelisco very safe area. I stayed there for 5 nights in a single bed room and felt very safe. The staff is great, and if you want to meet people to hang out with, it's the best place to do so. Love you all.

The hostel is better than I thought it was but the only poor comment I have is about the bathroom, only one on the 2nd floor for the girls which some boys use when they have no other option and the shower is quite difficult to regulate to get hot water. The wifi is free in the common area but I think it should be better. But that is too small if compared with all the rest. I will certainly get myself hosted again in the future.

• 16th Feb 2015

I liked everybody in the hostel. The perfect place to pass vacation. I enjoyed a lot there. Good vibe. I love HI Hotels.

This is a good place to stay but in the staff there is a Peruvian guy who is very annoying and irritating he likes to bother the girls. There is also a Brazilian girl who is not helpful and so arrogant with the guests.

too hot for summer. the other branch is way better with air con

Kitchen and bathrooms were pretty disgusting. No dish washing liquid, matches, sponges, pots/pans, cutlery, etc. Not a place for someone who wants to cook. Front desk folks were mildly helpful, but sometimes gave out bad information.

• 28th Jan 2015

Very good hostel with Nice acomodation just in the city center ! Just be carefull with the organized tours from the hostel as they are very expensive compared with other places or if You do it by yourself

The location is good and the staff too. But the structure is not and didn't seem cleaned, the bathroom were always durty.

I only stayed one night but had a very frustrating experience. When I arrived they put me in a room in maintenance. Then they moved me to another room. But unfortunately it wasnt that different, the room was infested with mosquitos, had a terrible dust smell, the fan was broken and so was the window, and the wifi signal can only be used in the recepion hall. At least the recepcionist was very helpfull, but the barman was really rude. Overall, very negative experience.

Location is good, depending on what you want. It's in the center, so for me was perfect to be near a lot of sightseeings. The facilities are poor. We stayed in a 8-bed room and there was only 1 bathroom (that people from other rooms also used). Wifi is terrible!!! To use it you have to stay in some strategic place. Breakfast was good.

Staff was very nice and polite but when asked about must see places and activities their help was rather poor and after 3 days in ba we felt that we know more that they do. however i would stay there again

Ok hostel. Good showers, decent internet, easily accessible, safe, but no bars located within 15mins walk. Buenos aires gets a lot of tourists but not many backpackers compared to other South American countries and cities. Nice, common area to hang out but everyone is just there on their phones or computers. Not very social. I would stay here again but only if hostels that were located in a better area were all fully booked

for the price i paid, it was very good value for money. i had my own single room with a shared bathroom facilities. the location was perfect, very central; the staff were very helpful and reliable. i felt secure throughout although the room itself and especially the shared bathroom condition could have been cleaner. However, overall no complaints really, and as long as you do not expect much, i would recommend this place for a short stay.

Great inexpensive hostel for a few days in the city.

Total party/value hostel. Kitchen was seriously understocked, as in there were no knives and only one pot to boil things in. Felt like l was chattel on a hostelfarm. Good value if you can bring your own cooking necessities, besides that centro in BA is actually not that close to really interesting stuff, go for Palermo or recoleta

• 11th Dec 2014

We stayed in a double bed room, which was very warm, without any fan. We couldn't sleep the first night, I had to ask for a fan in the middle of the night, and insist that we really needed it. They gave us a broken fan, which at least was good enough to breathe in that room. There are few bathroom, and they are not big. So you have to look for an empty bathroom around the floors. We booked 4 nights but stayed only 2. We moved to San Telmo, for a similar price we got a much better hostel.

If you're going to party, it's pretty good. If not (I wasn't) - meh. It's got a kind of harsh feel to it though, and the common room (the only place with wifi) honestly looks more like a bar than anything else. I didn't like it that much but it served its purpose. Plus it does have a super good location. As long as you don't spend a *ton* of time in the hostel, you're set.

• 7th Dec 2014