Hostel Suites Obelisco Reviews

Corrientes Avenue 830, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Staff was very nice and polite but when asked about must see places and activities their help was rather poor and after 3 days in ba we felt that we know more that they do. however i would stay there again

for the price i paid, it was very good value for money. i had my own single room with a shared bathroom facilities. the location was perfect, very central; the staff were very helpful and reliable. i felt secure throughout although the room itself and especially the shared bathroom condition could have been cleaner. However, overall no complaints really, and as long as you do not expect much, i would recommend this place for a short stay.

Great inexpensive hostel for a few days in the city.

Total party/value hostel. Kitchen was seriously understocked, as in there were no knives and only one pot to boil things in. Felt like l was chattel on a hostelfarm. Good value if you can bring your own cooking necessities, besides that centro in BA is actually not that close to really interesting stuff, go for Palermo or recoleta

• 11th Dec 2014

We stayed in a double bed room, which was very warm, without any fan. We couldn't sleep the first night, I had to ask for a fan in the middle of the night, and insist that we really needed it. They gave us a broken fan, which at least was good enough to breathe in that room. There are few bathroom, and they are not big. So you have to look for an empty bathroom around the floors. We booked 4 nights but stayed only 2. We moved to San Telmo, for a similar price we got a much better hostel.

If you're going to party, it's pretty good. If not (I wasn't) - meh. It's got a kind of harsh feel to it though, and the common room (the only place with wifi) honestly looks more like a bar than anything else. I didn't like it that much but it served its purpose. Plus it does have a super good location. As long as you don't spend a *ton* of time in the hostel, you're set.

• 7th Dec 2014

Nice and central. Secure building and the facilities are reasonably well kept. Staff were friendly. If you are looking for something in this area would recommend it.

THE SECOND TIME IN OBELISCO SUITES WAS PERFECT !!! THANKS A LOT ALL STAFF AND NEW FRIENDS !!! PERFECT HOSTEL AT SEVENTH TIME IN LOVELY BUENOS AIRES !!!

Overall a good value for the money, had no problems entering/exiting at odd hours, there was even beer and water for sale at the front desk. The room had a great bed, but the room floor was a bit dusty and could use a sweep. Also the bathroom was frequently wet (2nd floor) due to a leak I think. On average, it was a good stay for just sleeping in the evenings.

• 20th Nov 2014

I only stay one night, the staff was realy good giving unvalue information about transport to the airport.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hostel. The location is perfect. It is central most tourist attractions and very close to buss/train stations. I was surprised to be the youngest traveler there by far (19yrs), most people were over 30... The rooms were nice. And breakfast was great too. It was a positive experience and I ended up staying here for the last few nights of my travels.

The hostel overall is great. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are nice and clean. The only thing that I have to complain is that one night the bathroom on our floor had no running water, making us share bathrooms with people on other floors, making it even crowder than normal. Despite this, I would definitely stay here again.

I didn-t have the chance to stay in your hostel since there was a problem in the room we bboked. But your staff nicely organized another accommodation in another hostel. The help was perfect.

• 6th Nov 2014

Good points : nice staff, very helpfull and good location Bad points : old and dirty bathrooms and kitchen, too much noise in the hostel

• 6th Nov 2014

Good hostel. Excellent location. Lost of activities are offered.

Dormi en una habitación compartida de 4 camas y me parecio lamentable que sólo tenga 1 enchufe en toda la pieza, y encima no funcionaba. Hoy en dia eso no puede ocurrir I rented a 4 bed share room at it was only 1 plug, and it was brocke...i guess it is not gonna happend

Not advised if you want a restful night! If you want to party through the middle of the night then book now! Bathroom didn't have hot water and had glasses with cigarette butts in! Breakfast served on plastic plates! Was a horrible experience for us over the age of 21!

We spent a few days in there the locations is the only plus the rest is very poor: stink of smoke especially in the 3rd floor , kitchen nothing - no utensil very small and dirty. Staff very poor no communication skills. Very disappointed , with a few dollars more you can get a better hostel

Very nice hostel in the centre of Buenos Aires. Lovely hot showers and large bedrooms. The free breakfast is not amazing though, but generally great value for money!

• 29th Aug 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 days in the private suite w/ shared bathroom. All the days the bathroom was dirty! It looked like nobody was in charge or cleaning it. This hostel used to be top, but now I consider it as regular,,,

View all Buenos Aires Hostels