Hostel Suomenlinna Reviews

Suomenlinna C 9, Helsinki, Finland

I had a lovely stay, thank you. The hostel was warm and clean and I appreciate being able to arrive late without having to worry about getting there before reception closed.

The hostel was lovely and quiet, the rooms where very clean with lots of common areas for socialising. The unusual location was wonderful and I would recommend the hostel to anyone coming to Helsinki.

I enjoyed my time on Suomenlinna. Unfortunately was there during winter and a very cold week, but I bet the island is awesome in the summer and fall. Easy access to the mainland with the ferry. Very relaxed hostel atmosphere. The only criticism I have is that there are only two showers per gender. Didn't cause much trouble while I was there. But when it is busy season, I bet it can be a bit of a hassle. Would definitely stay here again. Tobias is very helpful for any needs/recommendations.

clean and very decent place to stay. good option to sleep in dorms if you have a low budget. shared our stay with nice room- and kitchen mates, lots of single travellers, no party people. friendly and helpful staff. kitchen could perhaps have a bit more facilities but everything is there for cooking a basic lunch / dinner. I will surely come here again.

I love this hotel,which located in a beautiful little island,l stayed here 3 days,quiet and clean,really gotta me relax!

Hostel is located on an island. Ferry comes every 40 minutes in the winter time (I was there late December). Makes trips to the city more challenging and takes up a lot of time commuting. Hostel itself was clean. Kitchen does not have an oven. Definitely not a hostel for a younger crowd looking to meet people.

The Hostel was really good I arrive after the hour and they prepare all instruction and the Key inside a busta the atmosphere is surreal is a bit long way to take to the hostel because also u have to take the ferry but in the end I enjoyed

The location was the best part - it's very peaceful and a good spot for exploring the island. The ferry isn't too inconvenient, as long as you pay attention to the schedule. It was a bit awkward when the hostel held events in the meeting room, as you would be trying to shower and get ready in the downstairs washroom, and suddenly twenty women would be filing in and out of the washroom. It would be appreciated if staff were around more often, leaving when guests were supposed to check in.

Decent hostel, more for relaxing and chilling out as opposed to partying.

Fantastic place to be staying right on the Suomenlinna Island. Plenty to do and great scenery and fun to get there by ferry. The hostel was spacious and great history, being built for a Russian school! Be careful cooking, as someone set the alarm off! Made for some drama.

My stay at this hostel was fantastic. The staff were lovely, personable, and very down to earth. The facilities were very clean and my stay here was comfortable. The fact that it is located on an island is slightly inconvenient, but it's a UNESCO World Heritage site, it's amazing. In addition, there are ferries that go to Helsinki 4x every hour and it's 8 euro for a 24 hr pass. Truly, it's not that inconvenient. Also, it's located next to a nice grocery store. I highly recommend this hostel.

The hostel is on an island; I didn't realise before I booked (that was my fault though). However, the ferry service to the mainland is cheap and runs very regularly. Staff were incredibly helpful. Very quiet, not many guests were staying in the hostel during my visit. The island is incredible and has some amazing and beautiful places to explore. This hostel is highly recommended.

Reception rse are a bit limited so self service hostel but I didn't have problem with that, key was where it should be. Just if you're hoping or renting towel you should et them knlw or borrow it in the morning

To get to the hostel you need to take a ferry to the island so that is an extra cost. There is no staff at night so sometimes drunk people get inside the hostel and we had to kick them out. The facilities are very simple and the breakfast is not wort it is better to buy your own at the supermarket that is near by

The hostel is located on the suomenlinna, the island in front of Helsinki. Great location to start your excursions there and to the city of Helsinki. The ferry connections are very good. The hostel is rather small but also cosy, clean and really fine. The staff is also very friendly and helpful you if you have more touristic information to ask.

Very nice and friendly hostel. Very clean and comfortable rooms.

Is a really great option if you dont want to stay in helsinki. The ferry is only 15 mins and if you get a 3 day pass you can travel all the transport to and from the Island. It is quiet and relaxing. The kitchen is tiny, all the more to meet people. I really met some great people in this Place.