Hostel Suomenlinna Reviews

Suomenlinna C 9, Helsinki, Finland

My stay at this hostel was fantastic. The staff were lovely, personable, and very down to earth. The facilities were very clean and my stay here was comfortable. The fact that it is located on an island is slightly inconvenient, but it's a UNESCO World Heritage site, it's amazing. In addition, there are ferries that go to Helsinki 4x every hour and it's 8 euro for a 24 hr pass. Truly, it's not that inconvenient. Also, it's located next to a nice grocery store. I highly recommend this hostel.

The hostel is on an island; I didn't realise before I booked (that was my fault though). However, the ferry service to the mainland is cheap and runs very regularly. Staff were incredibly helpful. Very quiet, not many guests were staying in the hostel during my visit. The island is incredible and has some amazing and beautiful places to explore. This hostel is highly recommended.

Reception rse are a bit limited so self service hostel but I didn't have problem with that, key was where it should be. Just if you're hoping or renting towel you should et them knlw or borrow it in the morning

To get to the hostel you need to take a ferry to the island so that is an extra cost. There is no staff at night so sometimes drunk people get inside the hostel and we had to kick them out. The facilities are very simple and the breakfast is not wort it is better to buy your own at the supermarket that is near by

The hostel is located on the suomenlinna, the island in front of Helsinki. Great location to start your excursions there and to the city of Helsinki. The ferry connections are very good. The hostel is rather small but also cosy, clean and really fine. The staff is also very friendly and helpful you if you have more touristic information to ask.

Very nice and friendly hostel. Very clean and comfortable rooms.

Is a really great option if you dont want to stay in helsinki. The ferry is only 15 mins and if you get a 3 day pass you can travel all the transport to and from the Island. It is quiet and relaxing. The kitchen is tiny, all the more to meet people. I really met some great people in this Place.

Nice little hostel on an interesting island, room was a little warm but pleasant otherwise. Be careful when staying there that you can make it back to mainland if you early flights etc as the boat doesn't run all night. Not too much to do after dark on island.

Wonderful location away from the busy city centre and on a beautiful island which has far more to offer than the city itself. Also not your typical "hostel feel", since there are families who stay there. Definitely recommend!

Staff was friendly, but not really welcoming. Some information about what to do on the island or anything else travellers might want to know would be nice. Right now it was more like we were on a business trip or something. The kitchen is really small compared to the capacity of the hostel. When we were there it was very quiet, so we didn't have any problems, but when the hostel is busier this would definately be a problem.

The island is magnificent and breathtaking. Absolutely a fairy tail. Everything was good. Suomenlinna is very nice place to relax. It is cosy and peaceful. More than nice.

Very nice family-atmosphere, calm, quiet and organized hostel. The short reception hours can be a problem, especially because staff, although friendly, is not very efficient and can take some time to solve things. Be carefull with the ferry availability. It can get complicated if you have a flight very early in the morning and there is no ferry available to leave the island.

Really enjoyed the stay. Thanks a lot. Just as fyi. Maybe it was my mistake, ive should have asked, but i found out until the last day that there were actual kitchen facilities for the guests! I got a room downstairs but nobody told me that the actual kitchen was upstairs, i thought it was a shared one for guests and staff....

For me, one of the most important things with a hostel is the atmosphere and social scene. Soumenlinna had none. The main room to talk and hangout was always used for a conference. If you are looking for a quiet place, I guess this should do the trick though.