8.1
Fabulous 103 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 103 Total Reviews
Hostel Suomenlinna Located at Suomenlinna C 9, , Helsinki.
Finland
Helsinki 00190 Suomenlinna C 9
81% 103
60.1484999 24.9842157
    Rooms available

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
14th May 2016
5.1

It's quite an expensive stay, but one has to bear in mind that you must also purchase ferry tickets every time you want to go to the mainland. The island is quite nice and worth seeing, but a pain to be based at. We weren't really shown the facilities nor told the code to get into the building, it was sheer luck that someone was leaving as we wanted to get in. I was also irritated that our beds were not made.

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
13th May 2016
6.0

Impossible to charge phones. There was only one shower for the entire hostel. I wish the atmosphere was better, you would expect a buzzing scene full with young people, but it was the complete opposite

8th May 2016
8.0

Pretty cool place, and the location is awesome, if removed from the center. It's all very standard, with good facilities and friendly staff. The only real complaint I have would be that my bed creaked like crazy. Oh, and the 10AM check-out time seems a bit early, but if the weather's nice, you can always just go for a stroll on the island before heading back into the city.

• England, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2016
7.7

Arrived late as day in Helsinki but room key was in box as informed. Room was lovely, warm and had full bedding sets and towels. No other people around so very quiet. Informed check out at 10 am but rushed along at 9.50am for others to enter room.

2nd Mar 2016
6.3

We first arrived late at night and we had not been given the code to get into the hostel, luckily someone opened the door and gave us our room key as reception closes at 3:30. We properly checked in the next day and asked the receptionist why we had been put into a 10 bed room when we had paid for a 7 bed. His only reply was that there hasn't been enough room so he had moved us, with no other explanation or apology. The bed was so hard I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. Never again

• Ukraine, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2016

I arrived around 5pm when no one was there. Due to the location it seemed deserted and kinda like in a scary movie. But since I was jetlagged, I just fell asleep. Closer to midnight the hostel became lively. I met nice people and everything. I was worried about being cold at night, but it wasn't a problem! There's a minimarket (just 3 min walk). Only two showers in female washroom which could be a problem in summer when it's more crowded.

1st Feb 2016

I had a lovely stay, thank you. The hostel was warm and clean and I appreciate being able to arrive late without having to worry about getting there before reception closed.

25th Jan 2016

The hostel was lovely and quiet, the rooms where very clean with lots of common areas for socialising. The unusual location was wonderful and I would recommend the hostel to anyone coming to Helsinki.

3rd Jan 2016

I enjoyed my time on Suomenlinna. Unfortunately was there during winter and a very cold week, but I bet the island is awesome in the summer and fall. Easy access to the mainland with the ferry. Very relaxed hostel atmosphere. The only criticism I have is that there are only two showers per gender. Didn't cause much trouble while I was there. But when it is busy season, I bet it can be a bit of a hassle. Would definitely stay here again. Tobias is very helpful for any needs/recommendations.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2016

clean and very decent place to stay. good option to sleep in dorms if you have a low budget. shared our stay with nice room- and kitchen mates, lots of single travellers, no party people. friendly and helpful staff. kitchen could perhaps have a bit more facilities but everything is there for cooking a basic lunch / dinner. I will surely come here again.