Hostel Suomenlinna Reviews

Suomenlinna C 9, Helsinki, Finland

Wonderful location away from the busy city centre and on a beautiful island which has far more to offer than the city itself. Also not your typical "hostel feel", since there are families who stay there. Definitely recommend!

Staff was friendly, but not really welcoming. Some information about what to do on the island or anything else travellers might want to know would be nice. Right now it was more like we were on a business trip or something. The kitchen is really small compared to the capacity of the hostel. When we were there it was very quiet, so we didn't have any problems, but when the hostel is busier this would definately be a problem.

The island is magnificent and breathtaking. Absolutely a fairy tail. Everything was good. Suomenlinna is very nice place to relax. It is cosy and peaceful. More than nice.

Very nice family-atmosphere, calm, quiet and organized hostel. The short reception hours can be a problem, especially because staff, although friendly, is not very efficient and can take some time to solve things. Be carefull with the ferry availability. It can get complicated if you have a flight very early in the morning and there is no ferry available to leave the island.

Really enjoyed the stay. Thanks a lot. Just as fyi. Maybe it was my mistake, ive should have asked, but i found out until the last day that there were actual kitchen facilities for the guests! I got a room downstairs but nobody told me that the actual kitchen was upstairs, i thought it was a shared one for guests and staff....

For me, one of the most important things with a hostel is the atmosphere and social scene. Soumenlinna had none. The main room to talk and hangout was always used for a conference. If you are looking for a quiet place, I guess this should do the trick though.

It was a very pleasant stay in this hostel! Most probably, because it is located in one of the Suomelinna islands. Even though the email with an outside door code was sen to me a bit too late, we managed to get in there, when someone opened the doors. I recommend this hostel for those, who like nature, are not in a rush (it is about 15 minutes away with a ferry from the main Helsinki part), and want to have quiet and peaceful nights.