Hostel Sylvabelle Reviews

63 Rue Sylvabelle, Marseille, France

The dormitory area needs increased security - as it is, anyone can ring the doorbell and just walk right through the door to the dorm. Also incresed signage near the doors towards reception is needed, the reception desk is upstairs and out of sight when you walk in! Increased cooking facilities (or even a larger fridge) would be great as well.

• 12th Jul 2014

Its passable.

Not a good hostel. Staff were very unfriendly when I arrived and I heard him being very unhelpful to other guests. Location is not good - dodgy street on the outskirts away from everything. Bed was not made when I arrived (at 11pm!!) This was my first time in a hostel and it was a bad experience - thankfully I found much much nicer one called The Vertigo Centre the next day. If you can avoid it, do not stay here.

The hostel was very quiet and dark and had a depressing feel to it. The staff were awkwardly silent and you felt like an unwelcome house guest. There wasn't even a place you could get a glass of water. There was a reception/room with chairs and a TV that we chilled for a bit but this was closed at 10.30 by one of the staff, seemingly for no reason as he had to be in the room all night to unlock the front door for people anyway. There were no lockers to keep bags safe.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice weekend! Thanks to all of you, FI

• 28th Jun 2014

Nice hostel. The location was great and there was also a shop quite near. The curfiew was a little stupid since you had to be back at 1am or after 5am. We only got one safety locker for two people which was a little weird. The wifi did not work in the lowest floor where we were staying. But in complete it was a nice hostel.

Staff is not really interested in anything. Wifi did not worked, even the guy at the front desk has not a clue about the wifi... toilets are outside the rooms, but the shower ist in the room (no extra wall or something) - weird!

i booked 3 days but they canceled by booking without any notice. so i stayed there only 2 days.... What a shame!!! the facilities are really old. i think this hostel has some problem....

• 18th May 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in the private room for 4 people, it was clean but there wasn't any space to put the clothes, just a small table and a hanger. the bathroom was very small with an old mirror and a tiny washbowl. the room didn't have a nice atmosphere since it looks quite old. the staff is friendly and available to give advices. I didn't like the fact the we had to leave the key at the reception anytime we left the room. The position is excellent since it's very near to the downtown and the metro.

Very unfriendly night staff. Curfew ridiculous.

Although the location was very convenient, a very strong sewage smell was coming from the drain, making our stay remarkably unpleasant.

this is the worst hostel i have ever stayed. the staff were unpolite, they even dont know how to smile, and very mean to customers.the facility is bad, the light is dark. it is totally bulshit. don't stay here!!!

My friend and I both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was always helpful, the location was great, our room was clean.

• 26th Apr 2014

I can't use the kitchen to cook something.

The hostel is very well located, only 10 minutes walk to the vieux port or 1 metro stop away. The Metro is really close, it is two streets away. This was my second time at that hostel and can definitely recommend it.

• 24th Apr 2014

The place was fairly decent for the price. Staff was nice. an okay hostel environment. I wish the lockers thing wasn´t like a rental and you could like in other hostals use a locker by leaving a deposit or in some cases they came with the hostel price. Breakfast isn´t included so that kind of is bummer. The place itself has a hotel upstairs and the bottom floor is the hostel but the beds were nice and they had plugs next to the beds so that is great. Also I recommend you have a first aid kit!

There should at least be soap in the bathrooms so that people can properly wash there hands.

• 15th Apr 2014

Location near the old harbour and the train station is good, our room with duoche and wc. was for that price absolutly o.k.